PDA

View Full Version : Tayshaun Prince?

Ditty
01-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Will probably be bought out by Boston. So what about him if we can trade Daye for a 2030 2nd round draft pick.

His jump shot is shit, and he was mia during the series against Memphis in 2013, but his length and defense is still average at worse.

SpurPadre
01-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Will probably be bought out by Boston. So what about him if we can trade Daye for a 2030 2nd round draft pick.

His jump shot is shit, and he was mia during the series against Memphis in 2013, but his length and defense is still average at worse.

NO. MORE. OLD. FUCKS.

dabom

He can play legit backup 3 minutes. 15mins a game.

stephen jackson
i would like for this to happen he still has game...
but we never do anything so wouldnt bet on it

midnightpulp
01-09-2015, 10:29 PM
He's a damn sight better than any backup SF we have at the moment.

But I don't expect the limp dick FO to make any moves, even though all the Western Conference playoff teams are strengthening their rosters with smart moves.

SpursFan86
01-09-2015, 10:50 PM
We desperately need some depth at SF with Kawhi having injury issues (plus Manu being old and injury prone).

I wouldn't mind getting Prince. He's not that good anymore but he's sure as hell better than the alternatives. He's no longer a great defender, but he's sure as hell better than Belinelli or KA. He's actually been hitting the 3 at a solid clip this year as well.

dabom
01-09-2015, 10:52 PM
We desperately need some depth at SF with Kawhi having injury issues (plus Manu being old and injury prone).

I wouldn't mind getting Prince. He's not that good anymore but he's sure as hell better than the alternatives. He's no longer a great defender, but he's sure as hell better than Belinelli or KA. He's actually been hitting the 3 at a solid clip this year as well.

It's not like he would come here and start tbh.

Darius Bieber
01-09-2015, 10:57 PM
No FA is gonna willingly come to a city like San Antonio.

Ditty
01-09-2015, 11:10 PM
No FA is gonna willingly come to a city like San Antonio.

why? lol :lol

cd021
01-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Could see him going to the Clippers and dropping off the face of the basketball earth (every front court player that goes there seems to under perform).

Not opposed to signing him. He is better than Daye and can still defend fairly well. In terms of spacing. As long as Diaw or Bonner is at the 4 when he plays his [lack of] shooting is less of an issue.

Robz4000
01-09-2015, 11:17 PM
If it's for the minimum, why not?

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 03:23 AM
Destined to be a Clipper, tbh..

If you're a washed up scrub that was once a good player in the Eastern Conference, Tom Rivers will sign you:lol..see: Glen Davis, Hedo Turkoglu, Danny Granger, Caron Butler..

Texas_Ranger
01-10-2015, 03:39 AM
no way the Spurs open up a roster spot, even if Ayres and Daye cant play basketball.

superbigtime
01-10-2015, 02:11 PM
Any scenario in which Daye departs would be welcome.

Chomag
01-10-2015, 03:23 PM
I have seen him play recently he still has some game left in the tank as long as its not for a major roll. With KL still seeming questionable why not try for him? Oh yeah, this FO usually is on vacation during this time of year.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-11-2015, 04:28 AM
If I was Rc id drop Ayers, Daye, Bonner for Prince, Allen, and J Green.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-11-2015, 04:51 AM
Bonner would be good for the Celtics. Give them an infusion of Spursy champion home towny mentory goodness. Throw in a 2nd or 2 if they take on the Daye or Ayers contract so we can sign Green. Allen is probably a pipe dream.

Richie
01-11-2015, 05:07 AM
Id definitely take Prince if he got bought out, wouldn't trade a pick for him though. Clearly a step up at backup small forward from Belinelli and Daye

cjw
01-12-2015, 12:02 AM
Only way a Prince trade would work is by trading away Marco, Ayres and Daye (to make the numbers work and I'm sure that would be to the delight of many around here), plus Holt would probably scoff at paying that contract for the rest of the year. Only way he'd end up here is via a buyout.

Darius Bieber
01-12-2015, 02:19 AM
why? lol :lol

Not really a night life in SA, small market team etc etc.

Ditty
01-12-2015, 02:35 AM
Not really a night life in SA, small market team etc etc.

I believe Memphis is a smaller market than SA, and I don't think a 34 year old who is married can care less about the nightlife :lol. If he was looking for some bitches for a night, I'm pretty sure some of the Spurs know some places where they can find some nice bitches from what I've heard and seen.

Still thinks he winds up back in cali playing for the Clippers imo if he gets bought out, because I don't think the Spurs will open a roster spot and will get probably a lot more playing time there.

Ice009
01-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Only way a Prince trade would work is by trading away Marco, Ayres and Daye (to make the numbers work and I'm sure that would be to the delight of many around here), plus Holt would probably scoff at paying that contract for the rest of the year. Only way he'd end up here is via a buyout.

Who said anything about trading for him? I don't think anyone here wants to trade for him. We would only have interest if he was bought out. In that case, he'd only be offered a minimum level contract at most IMO.