PDA

View Full Version : It's on - Finley wants to sit and lose in the Finals then so be it

3rdCoast
09-01-2005, 03:10 AM
Finley wants to scoff at Miami and join San Antonio, then awesome. I just hope he realizes his mistake when June comes around and he is not only sitting on the Spurs' bench, but is watching helplessly as Miami systematically picks apart San Antonio's offense and defense.

Miami has not only the most dominating player in NBA history in Shaquille O'Neal, but the most talented up and coming star in basketball also, in D. Wade.

Add in Posey, Walker, and Williams to an already talented core and the possibility or should I say probability of Reily coaching the team, you get a team that can and most likely will win 60+ games including 16 in the post season.

Good luck Finley, you made a mistake.

TDMVPDPOY
09-01-2005, 03:11 AM
^^^ROLFMAO

put that crack pipe down, b4 it gives u serious damage

MaNuMaNiAc
09-01-2005, 06:34 AM
Again, tool bitching because Finley didn't go their way... whats new?

duncan_21
09-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Even if mia got finley and the sas signed brown the spurs would still be a better team.

(bad team chemistry + lack of tp% + turnovers + no defense) = (walker + posey + williams) - snack missed days do to injury = a 2nd round playoff loss to either the pacers, det, or cle.

spurs last year w/out finley, nve, and oberto = nba champions

FromWayDowntown
09-01-2005, 08:39 AM
you get a team that can and most likely will win 60+ games including 16 in the post season.

So the Heat are going to win something like 44 games in the regular season? If their 60+ wins includes 16 in the post season, it sounds like the Heat are in for a pretty mediocre regular season. :)

rr2418
09-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Finley wants to scoff at Miami and join San Antonio, then awesome. I just hope he realizes his mistake when June comes around and he is not only sitting on the Spurs' bench, but is watching helplessly as Miami systematically picks apart San Antonio's offense and defense.

Miami has not only the most dominating player in NBA history in Shaquille O'Neal, but the most talented up and coming star in basketball also, in D. Wade.

Add in Posey, Walker, and Williams to an already talented core and the possibility or should I say probability of Reily coaching the team, you get a team that can and most likely will win 60+ games including 16 in the post season.

:lol :lol You forgot to mention Shaqs age! He's what.....34 going on 50?

3rdCoast
09-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Or did I forget to mention that Shaq, himself, has as many rings as the entire San Antonio Spurs franchise?

FromWayDowntown
09-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Or did I forget to mention that Shaq, himself, has as many rings as the entire San Antonio Spurs franchise?

And Tim Duncan has 3 more rings than the entire Miami Heat franchise.

Your point?

Tobias
09-01-2005, 01:33 PM
But he has a worse winning percentage in the finals than the Spurs do.

3rdCoast
09-01-2005, 01:41 PM
If you think Shaq is anything less than the most dominating player in NBA history then you are sorely mistaken.

Shaq has the ability to take over a game at both ends of the floor.

Offesne he is still a monster. Defense he is still a monster.

If it wern't for a nagging injury last year, Shaq and the Heat win the title.

Do not get me wrong, I am not making any excuses, but what I am stating is facts.

The Spurs won the title last year. FACT.

The Spurs got two solid free agents this offseason in Van Excel and Finley. FACT.

The Spurs are loaded with talent up and down the bench. FACT.

The Spurs may have the best starting 5 in the world. FACT.

The Spurs may have shot themselves in the foot by trying to do too much and make two big moves this offseason to counter their previous summers of sitting idle. FACT.

The Heat are loaded with talent too, but not to the point of screwing up team chemistry and stirring up locker room antics to the point of distraction. FACT.

Shaq, even aging, with extra pounds and bad legs, is better than 100% of the big men in the NBA. FACT.

The Spurs are going to have a good year, I'd imagine. Good enough to go to the Finals and get beaten by Miami.

FromWayDowntown
09-01-2005, 01:51 PM
what the hell was that more rings crap about?

And it's laughable to think that the additions of Jason " “Do you remember the Vietnam War?" Williams and Antoine "I Never Met a Shot I Didn't Like" Walker don't raise concerns for team chemistry and locker room antics, but the additions of Nick Van Exel and Michael Finley will.

cecil collins
09-01-2005, 02:31 PM
:lol :lol You forgot to mention Shaqs age! He's what.....34 going on 50?

I believe he is 34 going on fat.

HotAssComic
09-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Well I'd take Shaq over Nazr any day... My question is... If you're 7 feet tall aren't you supposed to play Center... so why doesn't Tim Duncan grow some balls and play the position he's supposed to???

Ben Wallace is a center @ 6'11"...

Hey Tim stop being a pussy!

FromWayDowntown
09-01-2005, 02:40 PM

Yeah, enough with this winning rings crap . . . .

Dex
09-01-2005, 02:43 PM
The Heat both suck and blow. Somehow, they managed to make it a physical possibilty.

Ballcox
09-01-2005, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't even include Shaq in my list of 10 best NBA players ever, he's over-rated, out of shape and one big injury waiting to happen this season. Surrounded by guys like Williams and Walker who have NEVER seen a shot they didn't like-Shaq will be bitching like the woman he is come the playoffs about not getting enough touches. Hey Shaq, just spend some time touching yourself, because you sure as hell aren't going to be touching any more championship trophies!

SWC Bonfire
09-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Defense he is still a monster.

That must have been superglue on the bottom of his shoes last year when he was on defense, then. :lol

FromWayDowntown
09-01-2005, 03:07 PM
[Bill Walton]Shaquille O'Neal is the greatest defensive center in NBA history. No big man has ever played pick and roll defense like Shaq. No big man has Shaq's quickness to recover from the perimeter back into the lane. If anything, the institution of zone rules hurt Shaq's overall defensive prowess. Bill Russell couldn't hold Shaq's shorts as a defensive center.

And by the way, Corey Maggette is clearly one of the 5 best defensive players in NBA history [/Bill Walton]

{I can't take credit for that last sentence; it actually came out of Walton's mouth}

ca®lo
09-01-2005, 03:38 PM
If you think Shaq is anything less than the most dominating player in NBA history then you are sorely mistaken.

Do not get me wrong, I am not making any excuses, but what I am stating is facts.

The Spurs got two solid free agents this offseason in Van Excel and Finley. FACT.

The Spurs may have shot themselves in the foot by trying to do too much and make two big moves this offseason to counter their previous summers of sitting idle. FACT.

The Heat are loaded with talent too, but not to the point of screwing up team chemistry and stirring up locker room antics to the point of distraction. FACT.

Shaq, even aging, with extra pounds and bad legs, is better than 100% of the big men in the NBA. FACT.

The Spurs are going to have a good year, I'd imagine. Good enough to go to the Finals and get beaten by Miami.

Youre on crack. FACT

You should post all this nonsense in your own Heat forum. FACT

samikeyp
09-01-2005, 03:41 PM
so 3rd coast..are you saying its a fact that the Heat will win the title?

lotr1trekkie
09-01-2005, 03:46 PM
By the way one of the reasons that Finley probably chose SA was the addition of Williams and Walker to the lineup. There are only so many shots in a game and those two + wade and Shaquille didn't figure to leave much for Finley. From what I've read Finley will get lots of time at both the 2 and the 3. Barry is probably on his way elsewhere. Finally, NvE and Finley signed knowing they were bench players--- as Timmy said " we want you but we don't need you".

Hoping Devin Brown sticks around,

gjg

ChumpDumper
09-01-2005, 03:49 PM
I understand Mikey broke your heart, but keep your angst in one thread, m'kay?

midgetonadonkey
09-01-2005, 03:55 PM

:lol

The Spurs picked up 3 players that will come off the bench, and the Heat let half of last year's roster go with the trades and free agency. No they haven't done anything to screw up their team chemistry. :rolleyes

Aren't two of the guys they picked up, Williams and Walker, known for fucking up team chemistry??

ShoogarBear
09-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Do you realize what a stupid comment this is? Are you so blind that you don't see the obvious comebacks here? It's so pathetic, I won't even bother.

z0sa
09-01-2005, 04:14 PM
one of the things pop discussed with him was a low key locker room - here at the spurs, if you've got an ego, you don't belong. finley doesn't have an ego. he will fit in fine with the likes of tim duncan and company who are striving only for rings, not for their own personal glory. van exel we'll have to see, but I have a feeling he too will fit in well.

hussker
09-01-2005, 04:27 PM
I still love your BANNERS that you all put up in Miami...What an appropriate number for FINLEY you had..."4". Matches the ring number that Timmy will get this year from Finley's help.

So there, your premonition was not TOTALLY wrong...

samikeyp
09-01-2005, 04:31 PM

yes because Shaq did that all by himself. :rolleyes

rr2418
09-01-2005, 05:07 PM

You forgot another thing!
Shaqs one of the best FT shooters in the game. FA..C..... oh hell, I can't keep a staight face! :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :lmao :lmao

Sense
09-01-2005, 05:15 PM
where the hell is the picture of those flyers in Miami?

That was some hilarious shit!!!

btw, stop crying buddy... and keep dreaming ;)

HeatChamps
09-01-2005, 06:07 PM

Yeah Shaq owns San Antonio. San Antonio is Shaq's bitch.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Detroit owns Shaq.

Two years in a row.

So it doesn't matter, does it?

HeatChamps
09-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah like the thigh bruise had nothing to do with Shaq's movement in the playoffs. He almost won mvp in the regular and the injury kept the Heat from a championship. Detroit has gotten the break of injuries from Shaq's team 2 years in a row now. Lakers had injuries, to Malone, Fisher, Payton, Fox and etc. and the Heat had injuries to Shaq, Wade, D. Jones, E. Jones. If the Heat are 100% or close they will dominate.

Sense
09-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Omg, are these Heat fans the same fans that were rooting for the Lakers a few years ago?

I could fuckin swear they are.

HeatChamps
09-01-2005, 06:36 PM
I just root for any team with Shaq because he is the most dominant player ever. Don't even mention Duncan with the likes of Shaq.

samikeyp
09-01-2005, 06:41 PM
I just root for any team with Shaq because he is the most dominant player ever. Don't even mention Duncan with the likes of Shaq.

oh so then you are a bandwagoner. you lack the guts and/mental ability to stay with one team. Duncan is the better basketball player.

HeatChamps
09-01-2005, 06:44 PM
No I'm a Shaq wagoner. I root for him first and don't have much attachment to the team he is on. I do like Wade now also.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-01-2005, 06:45 PM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif and you actually think you make sense

samikeyp
09-01-2005, 06:59 PM
No I'm a Shaq wagoner. I root for him first and don't have much attachment to the team he is on. I do like Wade now also.

exactly what a bandwagoner is. you don't have the mental ability to choose a team and be willing to go through good times and bad. you are the worst kind of fan and should be shot.

Obstructed_View
09-01-2005, 07:29 PM

Considering some of the things posted by Mavs fans (see sig) the following statement should have the impact that it deserves:

That is the stupidest thing posted on this board this week. Nick Van Exel has a chance of being a distraction, and the moment he does, he's watching the Spurs on TV. The Heat signed two starters that have been locker room carcinogens everywhere they've been.

Marklar MM
09-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Well I'd take Shaq over Nazr any day... My question is... If you're 7 feet tall aren't you supposed to play Center... so why doesn't Tim Duncan grow some balls and play the position he's supposed to???

Ben is between 6'7" and 6'9". He is about 7'5" with the fro tho...it gives him that...mental edge over the opponent.

HeatChamps
09-01-2005, 08:26 PM
exactly what a bandwagoner is. you don't have the mental ability to choose a team and be willing to go through good times and bad. you are the worst kind of fan and should be shot.
Like spurs fans aren't bandwagon fans. Your statement has alot of hypocrisy to it.

duncan_21
09-01-2005, 08:40 PM
^^

http://www.cordlessrelam.net/dolly-troll.jpg

z0sa
09-01-2005, 08:40 PM
lol, all I know is that I live in san antonio so that automatically makes me immune to all bandwagoner accusations.

HeatChamps
09-01-2005, 09:02 PM
I find it even more sad if a fan is rooting for that team despite playing terrible. They must have problems to get involved with a sorry team. Everyone is a bandwagon fan in a way because they would stop caring about them when they are losing.

Trapt1307
09-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Heat fans are pathetic...don't listen to them. Only about 1 in 100 of them followed the Heat before they got Shaq. You guys are by far the best team in the league right now, and I honestly don't see the Spurs not winning next year unless something big happens.

And it's also kind of funny that Heat fans are acting like they already won the East. They're forgetting the team they lost to in the playoffs, and the team that Detroit would have faced in the ECF had their players not been suspended.

HeatChamps
09-01-2005, 09:21 PM
You can stop sucking up to the spurs fans any time. :lol I wonder what the spurs bandwagon fans percentage is. I bet the fans would decrease dramatically if the spurs were losing.

Trapt1307
09-01-2005, 09:23 PM
You can stop being a homer any time. A Heat fan wondering what another teams bandwaggon percentage is? Come on now...

spurschick
09-01-2005, 09:23 PM
I love when fans of other teams come here and bitch about the Spurs - do you all realize how stupid you sound?

HeatChamps
09-01-2005, 09:24 PM
You're the one that brought up bandwagon fans.

spurschick
09-01-2005, 09:26 PM
You're the one that brought up bandwagon fans.

Me? I just got here.

HeatChamps
09-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Trapt1307 brought it up and than he laughs at me for bringing up the spurs bandwagon fans. It goes both ways.

spurschick
09-01-2005, 09:32 PM
I guess it just makes me laugh when fans of other teams come here to bash the Spurs and Spurs fans and are then surprised by our reaction to them.

jochhejaam
09-01-2005, 09:48 PM

Shaq got busted up good the last 2 years by the Pistons, going for the 3-peat with Shaq once again being "devasted". Pistons over Indiana in the ECF and Pistons vs Spurs again in the Finals.

samikeyp
09-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Like spurs fans aren't bandwagon fans. Your statement has alot of hypocrisy to it.

I don't doubt some are, much like yourself. Every team has them but there are those of us who have been Spurs fans since the 70's and have remained so ever since. So no...my statement has no hypocrisy because I have never stopped being a Spurs fans.

3rdCoast
09-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Now look, I understand the concept of standing behind your team. I am all for it and I find it very, very classy and noble. But, I would like someone to explain to me why it is so wrong that myself and many, many others began liking Shaq once he came into the league with Orlando and have followed him since. When he went to LA, we followed and became Laker fans. When he made the move to Miami, we switched and follwed and became Heat fans via Shaq.

Why is that so bad? All of you folks that loved David Robinson would have began to love his new team had he left San Antonio.

I understand bandwagoning and I understand that some will chastise us because we are not 35 years old and have followed a team since the 70's, but it makes no sense. When Shaq came into the league, I was a little kid. I did not understand the concept of sticking with one team for your lifetime. I understood that I liked the way Shaq played, I liked the way he ripped backboards down and I liked the way he was better than almost everyone on the court during any given game.

I have always been and always will be a Shaq fan. That means when Shaq was in Orlando, I was pissed when they got sweept by the Rockets in the Finals. When he was in LA, I was a Laker fan. Wearing my Shaq, gold Lakers jersey around San Antonio during the playoffs when the Spurs and Lakers played. I rejoiced when Fisher hit the infamous 0.3 shot. It also means that last year when the Heat lost to Detroit in game 7, I was saddened that Shaq and my favorite team did not win.

I am a Shaq fan plain and simple. And when Shaq retires, I may or may not still like the Heat. I may go out and find a new favorite player to back and support.

I don't know yet, I will decide when the time comes, but for now, I am a Shaq fan and that means the Heat have my full support.

Sense
09-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Heat fans are pathetic...don't listen to them. Only about 1 in 100 of them followed the Heat before they got Shaq. You guys are by far the best team in the league right now, and I honestly don't see the Spurs not winning next year unless something big happens.

And it's also kind of funny that Heat fans are acting like they already won the East. They're forgetting the team they lost to in the playoffs, and the team that Detroit would have faced in the ECF had their players not been suspended.

In many fraustrating ways... what I've been trying to say for ages.

Ty for putting it out there, I feel relived inside...
:spin

midgetonadonkey
09-02-2005, 10:57 AM
All of you folks that loved David Robinson would have began to love his new team had he left San Antonio.

Not me. If he would've left for another team, I would've been like "Fuck David Robinson." Same thing goes for Duncan, Ginobili, Parker or anyone else that leaves the Spurs. Once they put on another teams colors, they are hated by me.

Leetonidas
09-04-2005, 11:04 PM

Actually, the Heat took the gun up the ass and pulled the trigger there. The Heat just got two washed up overrated players who don't know what the word assit means.

And wrong about that second one, Duncan at 75% is better than a 100% O'Neal. FACT.

bry3
09-04-2005, 11:34 PM
This is what you Heat fans just acquired...

a bricklayer
http://tinypic.com/bh0l1j.jpg

a gardner
http://tinypic.com/bh0nkn.jpg

the tinman
http://tinypic.com/bhccck.jpg

and just a random overrated player (employee number 8)
http://tinypic.com/bhccic.gif
http://tinypic.com/bhcco5.jpg
http://tinypic.com/bhcfx5.jpg
http://www.elementaire.nl/portfolio/overig/aw7.jpg

callo1
09-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Yeah like the thigh bruise had nothing to do with Shaq's movement in the playoffs. He almost won mvp in the regular and the injury kept the Heat from a championship. Detroit has gotten the break of injuries from Shaq's team 2 years in a row now. Lakers had injuries, to Malone, Fisher, Payton, Fox and etc. and the Heat had injuries to Shaq, Wade, D. Jones, E. Jones. If the Heat are 100% or close they will dominate.

The only thing Snaq can dominate this late in his career is a buffet line :lol

Give me a break man, Tim played the entire playoffs on 2 injured ankles.

Heat fan cracks me up...they haven't won a damn thing, but they talk like they are a dynasty. Injuries are part of the game...they suck, but they happen. Detroit was simply better than the Heat the last 2 years and probably will be again...LIVE WITH IT !!

samikeyp
09-05-2005, 08:44 AM
All of you folks that loved David Robinson would have began to love his new team had he left San Antonio.

Yet another lie. If Dave left I would have wished him luck but never rooted for him again.

RonMexico
09-05-2005, 10:30 AM
you guys forget that d-rob was also nothing until tim duncan came to town... most over-rated center of all time.

ABDENOUR POWER
09-05-2005, 10:47 AM

Actually Ben is more like 6'7".

ChumpDumper
09-05-2005, 11:18 AM
you guys forget that d-rob was also nothing until tim duncan came to town... most over-rated center of all time.Now THAT'S a troll post.

And complete bullshit.

Duff McCartney
09-05-2005, 11:20 AM
you guys forget that d-rob was also nothing until tim duncan came to town... most over-rated center of all time.

Yeah and Shaq wasn't shit without Kobe, he hasn't won a damn thing without him.

Same can be said for Kobe, but Kobe has only been without Shaq for one year. Shaq was/is without Kobe for what 7 years?

yeahone
09-05-2005, 04:47 PM

well we would see is june wether or not it was a mistake.

yeahone
09-05-2005, 04:49 PM

well lets d osome maths the spurs got 3 rings how many does the beloved suns have,,,,oh i remeember thats zero.

Spurs košarka kultura
09-06-2005, 10:35 PM
most over-rated center of all time.

Thats easy: Patrick Ewing

Obi wan Ginobili
09-07-2005, 08:50 AM
^^^ being quickly overtaken by his protogey Yao Ming

Heat fans:

Understand this.

We are not your rivals.

We have never faced you in the playoffs.

You have never made it to the finals.

Do something before you talk smack.

Right now you are like a 13 year old bragging about about all the action he gets to a guy with 3 kids.

Time will tell if you get some or end up wearing glasses, plad and kneesocks.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Now look, I understand the concept of standing behind your team. I am all for it and I find it very, very classy and noble. But, I would like someone to explain to me why it is so wrong that myself and many, many others began liking Shaq once he came into the league with Orlando and have followed him since. When he went to LA, we followed and became Laker fans. When he made the move to Miami, we switched and follwed and became Heat fans via Shaq.

Why is that so bad? All of you folks that loved David Robinson would have began to love his new team had he left San Antonio.

That's the great thing about being a Spurs fan. Our best players don't look around, realize that the team around them sucks, and head for the hills. Nor do the Spurs draft A-holes like Shaq who would suck the dick right off of whatever NBA owner if it would get him a couple of extra bucks. The Spurs breed and attract winners who know how to play as a team.

Extra Stout
09-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Ah... poor widdle Heat fans thwow a tantwum when Michael Finley dudn't wanna pway wid dem. Ah, poor babies.

But you're right, Shaq is most the most dominant* player in the league.

*Except when he has a thigh bruise, or a hangnail, or a nasty scrape, or one of those paper cuts that really stings. You know, really major injuries, not minor stuff like two sprained ankles at the same time.

CHAMPS AGAIN
09-10-2005, 12:09 PM
possibility or should I say probability of Reily coaching the team, you get a team that can and most likely will win 60+ games including 16 in the post season.

Wow Reily QUIT on the team a week before the season started and you want him to coach the team what a LOSER :lol :lol :lol

Dex
09-10-2005, 09:07 PM
This post is funny on so many different levels. :lol