PDA

View Full Version : Suns: What ails Goran Dragic?

ElNono
01-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Watching this game against Memphis, he looks anemic out there... his numbers are down across the board from last season: FTA, assists, ppg...

what's going on with this guy?

Venti Quattro
01-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Needs to be traded to Cleveland for Kyrie

apalisoc_9
01-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Watching this game against Memphis, he looks anemic out there... his numbers are down across the board from last season: FTA, assists, ppg...

what's going on with this guy?

Not happy with two other guards in the team?

He's not handling the ball as much as last year since Thomas plays PG when they are playing the three guard combo of Bledsoe, Dragic, Thomas.

ElNono
01-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Not happy with two other guards in the team?

He's not handling the ball as much as last year since Thomas plays PG when they are playing the three guard combo of Bledsoe, Dragic, Thomas.

could be... Bledsoe has all the markings of a cancer, and Isiah is all about himself... I was surprised when the Kings traded him away, but I can see now why they did it

Robz4000
01-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Vaginal Ebola imho

apalisoc_9
01-11-2015, 07:33 PM
It's kinda obvious he's not happy though..Hence the decision to opt out next year. Suns just lost a a really good PG by signing Thomas.

JMarkJohns
01-11-2015, 07:35 PM
He's had the flu. Fought through it to play vs Spurs, but sounded horrible after, and doesn't look like he's better today.

Prior, he was matching last season's numbers over the last month.

apalisoc_9
01-11-2015, 07:36 PM
I wonder why teams don't factor in personalities/attitude a lot when they trade and sign players..I know it's part of the scouting report, but it doesn't seem like teams care too much about it. Most organisations still have the "add as many talent as you can mentality"

I've seen way too many teams in the last 10 years regress simply by signing a player that ruined their team..Josh Smith is a perfect example..Thomas to a lesser extent.

JMarkJohns
01-11-2015, 07:37 PM
It's kinda obvious he's not happy though..Hence the decision to opt out next year. Suns just lost a a really good PG by signing Thomas.

He was always opting out. He's getting paid 7.5 million this year and next. When healthy, even this season with Thomas/Bledsoe, he's been 20-4-4.

apalisoc_9
01-11-2015, 07:37 PM
He's had the flu. Fought through it to play vs Spurs, but sounded horrible after, and doesn't look like he's better today.

Prior, he was matching last season's numbers over the last month.

He's leaving the suns though...

JMarkJohns
01-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Suns will trade Thomas before Dragic, unless blown away by offer.

JMarkJohns
01-11-2015, 07:38 PM
He's leaving the suns though...

Maybe

I don't see it. Not yet.

apalisoc_9
01-11-2015, 07:39 PM
He was always opting out. He's getting paid 7.5 million this year and next. When healthy, even this season with Thomas/Bledsoe, he's been 20-4-4.

Tbh, you probably know the suns better than I do.

But just personal observation from watching him play this year compared to last year..Maybe I'm just catching him at the wrong time though.

RsxPiimp
01-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Wants to play for the Lakers obviously...

JMarkJohns
01-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Tbh, you probably know the suns better than I do.

But just personal observation from watching him play this year compared to last year..Maybe I'm just catching him at the wrong time though.

In the last 19 games, he has averaged 19 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 4.5 APG, 54% FG, 38% 3FG

He's had like 10 games of 20 points in that stretch.

He was always opting out.
But he loves Phoenix.
He could leave, but it's not because of Thomas.

The three guard rotation has been very effective recently, and up until this current illness, so has Dragic, all while Bledsoe averaging 18-6-6 in same stretch.

mystargtr34
01-11-2015, 07:50 PM
I still have no idea why the Suns signed Thomas with;

1. Bledsoe and Tragic on the books.
2. Drafting a PG with their first round pick :lol..

Unless its about stockpiling talent with cap space and looking to trade. If thats the case the Suns will learn a valuable lesson about building team chemistry and not using every player as an asset. :lol Daryl Morey

In any case Suns should re sign Dragic and trade Thomas and Bledsoe and play a real lineup thats gonna win come playoff time.

Raven
01-11-2015, 08:50 PM
he almost kicked the ass of an assistant coach for not calling a timeout :lol

ducks
01-11-2015, 09:07 PM
will three point guard lineups work in postseason

apalisoc_9
01-11-2015, 09:07 PM
In the last 19 games, he has averaged 19 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 4.5 APG, 54% FG, 38% 3FG

He's had like 10 games of 20 points in that stretch.

He was always opting out.
But he loves Phoenix.
He could leave, but it's not because of Thomas.

The three guard rotation has been very effective recently, and up until this current illness, so has Dragic, all while Bledsoe averaging 18-6-6 in same stretch.

His usate rate though overall is down and he is not handling the ball in the 4th..

Honestly, if thomas is not the main reason..He's at least a factor...

apalisoc_9
02-18-2015, 10:13 PM
I wonder why teams don't factor in personalities/attitude a lot when they trade and sign players..I know it's part of the scouting report, but it doesn't seem like teams care too much about it. Most organisations still have the "add as many talent as you can mentality"

I've seen way too many teams in the last 10 years regress simply by signing a player that ruined their team..Josh Smith is a perfect example..Thomas to a lesser extent.

as i have said numerous times Goran is just not motivated this year..and it had everything to do with signing IT.

JMarkJohns
02-18-2015, 10:31 PM
His reps have convinced him his star will shine brightest in a big market.

His numbers are strong. It's not even about playing PG. He just wants his. He's earned it. But anything and everything he says is hyperbole to poison the well to force hands. It's a petty thing to do to a team that did right by him three years ago when his own team didn't care about him. Thomas had to be signed because both Dragic and Bledsoe are inherit addled and Bledsoe was a complete unknown at the time. Suns couldn't cost themselves a possible playoff spot by not having a PG should Bledsoe have gone elsewhere and Dragic get injured.

Is what it is. Dragic was always opting out. So I'm not surprised, but Suns have to make the smart, tough choices. Right now, I'd trade him for the best returning package, then focus on Bogdan and Goodwin at SG next year.

Thread
02-19-2015, 06:02 AM
^They're stubborn to a fault though so I imagine come 1PM local time this afternoon he'll still be here.

DMC
02-19-2015, 09:49 AM
He's not going to make a difference where ever he goes. He'll have numbers in the RS but they won't translate to PS success.

illmatic
02-19-2015, 10:15 AM
^They're stubborn to a fault though so I imagine come 1PM local time this afternoon he'll still be here.

I'm thinking more and more that this might be the scenario. Not because they're stubborn, but because the teams he listed have no assets and he's telling the other teams he wont resign for them.