PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe's resting is getting ridiculous, and a slap in the face to

midnightpulp
01-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Kobe fans, Lakers fans, season ticket holders, and Time Warner.

And yes, I'm fully aware top players on the Spurs rest, but the major difference is that Spurs players rest to try and ensure optimal health for the post-season, something that Spurs fans accept even if they don't get to see their favorite player play a game they bought tickets to or were looking forward to watching.

So why is Kobe constantly resting? There's no playoffs to look forward to for him, and the only reason the Lakers are still a draw this year is because of him. He's the reason they can still sell their overpriced season ticket packages despite being one of the worst teams in the NBA. He's the reason they'll turn a profit this year. He's the reason Time Warner paid the organization 3 billion. And his star power is the reason Buss and Co. handed him 48.5 million dollars.

It's become blatantly obvious that passing Jordan was his only goal this year. Now that he has that meaningless brass ring, he's basically taking the season off and only playing when it's a convenient matchup for him (choosing games against weak perimeter defenses).

This is beyond "pussy & asshole." It's downright sickening how he's treating the Lakers, the fans, and the network.

midnightpulp
01-11-2015, 11:13 PM
And I just found this update;

Bryant, who will not play in Sunday's game against the Trail Blazers, could potentially be shut down for the season at some point after the All-Star break, Mark Medina of the L.A. Daily News reports.

:lol Of course it's going to be after the All Star game, a game that we know he'll play like it's game 7. The right thing to do would be to shut himself down prior to the All Star break and give up his starting spot to the infinitely more deserving James Harden.

What a faggot.

apalisoc_9
01-11-2015, 11:14 PM

:lol Of course it's going to be after the All Star game, a game that we know he'll play like it's game 7. The right thing to do would be to shut himself down prior to the All Star break and give up his starting spot to the infinitely more deserving James Harden.

What a faggot.

:lmao

ElNono
01-11-2015, 11:14 PM
sup mid... how's Melinda, tbh?

ElNono
01-11-2015, 11:17 PM
it was pretty obvious since the season started that he wouldn't play the part in this loser team... an "injury" of some kind was going to happen...

he's done it before, this shouldn't be news, tbh

midnightpulp
01-11-2015, 11:18 PM
it was pretty obvious since the season started that he wouldn't play the part in this loser team... an "injury" of some kind was going to happen...

he's done it before, this shouldn't be news, tbh

I though he was a warrior though :cry

ElNono
01-11-2015, 11:19 PM
I though he was a warrior though :cry

you gotta believe me!

Splits
01-11-2015, 11:20 PM
2 major points the OP failed to mention that makes this even more faggoty:

1) He's not resting on back-2-backs, which is really the only acceptable reason to sit games without injury
2) He doesn't even take his chopper to Staples and sit behind the bench to support his team. Avoiding road travel is understandable, but a 30 min chopper ride? Not to mention not showing up at practices

It's beyond pussy what he's doing

Kool Bob Love
01-11-2015, 11:22 PM
It's been a real pleasure to watch the lakers and that clown Bryant fall off like this.

midnightpulp
01-11-2015, 11:24 PM

1) He's not resting on back-2-backs, which is really the only acceptable reason to sit games without injury
2) He doesn't even take his chopper to Staples and sit behind the bench to support his team. Avoiding road travel is understandable, but a 30 min chopper ride? Not to mention not showing up at practices

It's disgraceful.

DMC
01-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Tori Spelling of the NBA.

Splits
01-11-2015, 11:26 PM
It's been a real pleasure to watch the lakers and that clown Bryant fall off like this.

Yep, the legacy-destroying tour is proVing he's nothing more than a lucky Allen Iverson

ElNono
01-11-2015, 11:31 PM
That franchise really is a disgrace, tbh... they're paying $9.7m to Nash to travel around the world and $20+m to Kirby to watch the games from home....

UZER
It's complete chickenshit.

"Imma show you how to be a champion, but first let me pass MJ, play in the all star game, then I'm out the rest of the season...cuz I can't play with you sorry ass losers."

Venti Quattro
:lol Spurs fans crying about players resting

Clipper Nation
The Quit

UZER
01-11-2015, 11:33 PM

:lol lakerfan now ok with players resting

Kool Bob Love
01-11-2015, 11:33 PM

Do you need OP to boil it down 4 U?

fine...I'll do it.

Duncan: 5

TOSB Bryant: 5

lettuce proceed.

HemisfairArena
01-11-2015, 11:34 PM
If there is a softer primadonna in the league,,,,lets hear it. Kobrick is softer than Derrick Rose at this point,,,

DMC
01-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Meanwhile the NBA fines the Spurs for resting guys... LA lists "rest" as it sits it's only star player on the road, where fans paid to see him chuck. Should be huge fine.

midnightpulp
01-11-2015, 11:38 PM

Did you not read the OP?

Spurs players only rest on back-to-backs, and it's with the goal of being healthy in the playoffs. There's no playoffs in sight for the Lakers, and Kobe is taking a week off at a time now. Given the fact his chucking is the only thing worth watching about the Lakers for fans and haters alike, he owes it to viewers to play, especially when he was paid 48.5 million dollars.

Like I said, it's obvious the only thing he cared about this year was passing Jordan. You should feel insulted as a fan that he's taking games off at his leisure.

Legacy
01-11-2015, 11:39 PM
KoMe just being KoMe. Self-centered, selfish, narcissistic fuck.

Splits

LakerHater
Werent fLakers fans talkin shit before about Spurs restin thier stars??

midnightpulp
Meanwhile the NBA fines the Spurs for resting guys... LA lists "rest" as it sits it's only star player on the road, where fans paid to see him chuck. Should be huge fine.

And the last two games he rested for were at home. Those season ticket holders can't be too thrilled. Kobe personally owes them an apology and a refund.

ElNono
01-11-2015, 11:40 PM
DPG said it a long time ago... he keeps calling his fans stupid right at their faces and they still giggle and defend him... not sure I can put that on Kirbs, it's really on the fans, tbh...

midnightpulp
01-11-2015, 11:44 PM
It's complete chickenshit.

"Imma show you how to be a champion, but first let me pass MJ, play in the all star game, then I'm out the rest of the season...cuz I can't play with you sorry ass losers."

"You all soft as Charmin!"

*Refuses to play against teams with good perimeter defenders*

DMC
01-11-2015, 11:44 PM
DPG said it a long time ago... he keeps calling his fans stupid right at their faces and they still giggle and defend him... not sure I can put that on Kirbs, it's really on the fans, tbh...
Can't call him a liar.

DMC
01-11-2015, 11:45 PM

He's taken a huge shit on his team for years. Charmin is a proper name; a product designed to take shit from an asshole.

midnightpulp
01-11-2015, 11:52 PM
He's taken a huge shit on his team for years. Charmin is a proper name; a product designed to take shit from an asshole.

:lol

scanry
01-11-2015, 11:53 PM
mid, Kobe also wouldn't want the tank to affect his win/loss record tbh. In all seriousness, it's pointless for Kobe to play when the Lakers are clearly tanking.

Splits
01-11-2015, 11:56 PM

While refusing to show up at practice

Fabbs
01-12-2015, 12:23 AM
mid, Kobe also wouldn't want the tank to affect his win/loss record tbh. In all seriousness, it's pointless for Kobe to play when the Lakers are clearly tanking.
To the contrary, he helps the tanking. Check the record in games where Kobme takes the most shots.
Lakers were and are at their worst with him out there chucking.

Kudos to Kirbs for the few games where he attempted to get assists.
But even then it was all just a MeMe stat padding show it appears.

UZER
01-12-2015, 12:25 AM
While refusing to show up at practice

But he'll def show up to the all star game.

100%duncan
01-12-2015, 01:58 AM
The faggot rests even after game-less days.

Medvedenko
01-12-2015, 12:07 PM
So from what I read on this forum Kobe is shit, and makes his team worse. So him sitting should ostensibly have them win more games, correct? Isn't this what a team player does rather than jack up 30+ shots and not play defense and hurt the team with a crappy +-? Not sure why he's resting other than he's still reeling from the rehab or is just old. Still, resting or sitting out gives more exposure for the FO to evaluate for next season. Who knows, I've watched Kobe play his entire career and him resting maybe a sign of age, or he's finally figured out what's best for the team in the long run.

ElNono
01-12-2015, 12:12 PM
:lmao what's best for the team.

What's best for the team in the long run is not him sitting out, it's retiring and handing back those $25m in capspace for next season. He figured that one out a long time ago, he just doesn't care about "what's best for the team in the long run".

Medvedenko
01-12-2015, 12:23 PM
:lmao what's best for the team.

What's best for the team in the long run is not him sitting out, it's retiring and handing back those $25m in capspace for next season. He figured that one out a long time ago, he just doesn't care about "what's best for the team in the long run".

Hmm, if the end result was to sit him games then why did the FO give him such a high contract? Only time will tell and if this is what it is, then so be it and Laker fans will have him off the books next year with an expiring contract for any takers plus a lot of cap space.

ElNono
01-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Because the team is run by morons. Same morons that let both Dwight and Gasol walk away without getting even a 2nd round pick for them, and are paying Nash nearly $10m to send Instagram pictures from around the world. I don't blame Kirby one bit for robbing Jimbo blind. The last ruthless act of his career was to steal money from a retard, that's what ruthless people do. But "what's best for the team in the long run" doesn't enter the picture at all here.

Donkeybong
01-12-2015, 12:29 PM
dumb post. why play kobe hard and risk another injury when we aren't even sniffing the playoffs? He's obviously more effective when rested and a better show too. eat a dick op

Cry Havoc
01-12-2015, 12:40 PM

They're willing to throw their team and their franchise under the bus to prop up one player. Not surprising tbh.

Splits
01-12-2015, 12:52 PM
and are paying Nash nearly $10m to send Instagram pictures from around the world.

Lakerfan was/is up in arms about this, saying he should be around the team, mentoring and spreading his wealth of knowledge since he's on the payroll. Yet Kobe is essentially doing the same thing. He doesn't take his chopper to Staples in home games he sits, doesn't even show up at the practice facility. His teammates only see him when he actually plays a game. Yet nary a peep about that from these hypocrites.

ambchang
01-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Based on the records as of today:
1) The teams Kobe played prior to him moving into 3rd all time in scoring had a combined record of 501-386 (56.5% winning percentage). Note that he didn't miss any games until he moved into 3rd all time scoring.
2) The teams Kobe played after he moved into 3rd all time in scoring had a combined record of 154-150 (50.7% winning percentage)
3) The teams Kobe didn't play after he moved into 3rd all time in scoring had a combined record of 154-72 (68.1% winning percentage)

Cherry picking at its finest.

Fabbs
01-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Is it too much to wish for that Kobme has f'd up his achilles in his Me chasing 3rd place in scoring?

Fabbs
01-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Based on the records as of today:
1) The teams Kobe played prior to him moving into 3rd all time in scoring had a combined record of 501-386 (56.5% winning percentage). Note that he didn't miss any games until he moved into 3rd all time scoring.
2) The teams Kobe played after he moved into 3rd all time in scoring had a combined record of 154-150 (50.7% winning percentage)
3) The teams Kobe didn't play after he moved into 3rd all time in scoring had a combined record of 154-72 (68.1% winning percentage)

Cherry picking at its finest.
Could you or one of the guys post this at LakersGround?

Darius McCrary
01-12-2015, 04:35 PM
KobeQuitPERIOD

DMX7
01-12-2015, 04:39 PM

What a faggot.

:rollin

sprrs
01-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Kobe just being the quintessential Laker: Faking injury, stealing money and enjoying the time off. He learned it from the best.

http://i60.tinypic.com/izqrdz.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B66iUD2CcAAWsMd.jpg

Mori Chu
01-12-2015, 05:51 PM
I like how Lakerfan began the season talking about how Kobe was going to pass Kareem for the scoring record. Now, they're content with him passing MJ for 3rd. Sounds like settlin' to me.

Thebesteva
01-12-2015, 08:57 PM
OP nuked Laker fans assholes lately. Why u do this to me demon?

DMC
01-12-2015, 10:06 PM
I like how Lakerfan began the season talking about how Kobe was going to pass Kareem for the scoring record. Now, they're content with him passing MJ for 3rd. Sounds like settlin' to me.
Kobe crossed over Jordan, in both senses.

Chris
01-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Kobe to rest again tonight after his heroic career assist game. Utah has been averaging something like 20 turnovers the last 3 games so this is surprising considering the opponent.

Kool Bob Love
01-16-2015, 07:58 PM
48.5:rollin

UZER
01-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Kobe to rest again tonight after his heroic career assist game. Utah has been averaging something like 20 turnovers the last 3 games so this is surprising considering the opponent.

A game not on national tv. What a surprise.

Sean Cagney
01-16-2015, 08:49 PM

What a faggot.

Stupid ass fans who vote, Harden should be starting that that game and we all know it. The All Star game is a joke though and has been since the earlier dunk contests (Weekend as a whole sucks now) so that doesn't surprise me a guy who shoots 37% or so is starting in the game.

DMC
01-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Big TV contract says "Kobe plays" and Kobe plays. No TV, Kobe sits.

midnightpulp
01-19-2015, 10:21 PM
:lol Took another night off.

He's really earning that 48.5 :tu

LakerHater
01-19-2015, 10:26 PM
He aint even on this trip!
Hes back home restin!

midnightpulp
01-19-2015, 10:27 PM
And this faggot will no doubt have the gall to start the All Star game over a guy who just scored 45 points and is an MVP candidate.

I didn't think there was anything Kirbs could do to make me hate him more, but he found a way.

LakerHater
01-19-2015, 10:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7wli8vCAAEPj9T.jpg:large

Splits
01-19-2015, 10:36 PM

:lmao

Silver&Black
01-19-2015, 10:39 PM

:rollin

Splits
01-19-2015, 10:43 PM
http://anchem.mc.kyoto-u.ac.jp/MSBKobe/map.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/687302/Jordan-Kobe-tz.jpg

midnightpulp
01-19-2015, 11:14 PM

Good to see a Lakers/Kobe fan taking a stand against this bullshit.