PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lakers considering shutting down Kobe after all-star break

Thebesteva
01-12-2015, 09:02 PM
:lol $48.5 million for this POS. Can't wait till he leaves to a contender to cement the legacy of Jim Buss and Kobe

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/12/7531503/kobe-bryant-injury-absence-la-lakers

Bynumite
01-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Mid's gonna be salty about that one. He really wanted to see Kobe play.

baseline bum
01-12-2015, 09:11 PM
I thought they wanted to tank? Why just hand the pick to Phoenix?

elmanutres
01-12-2015, 09:46 PM
hopefully after he goes out the lakers can start playing like a team and work their butts off for babby

Killakobe81
01-12-2015, 09:52 PM
The pick stays maybe teamwork improves but this team is just shitty

JohnnyMax
01-12-2015, 10:01 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvmunNzox1qjkukyo1_500.gif

DMC
01-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Lakers last again... every other team has shut him down already.

midnightpulp
01-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Mid's gonna be salty about that one. He really wanted to see Kobe play.

Nope. I win either way.

Kobe grinds out the season and posts historically bad numbers. Or he quits like a bitch.

No matter the decision, it's all the same:

Kobe's legacy=Deep Fried

DMC
01-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Nope. I win either way.

Kobe grinds out the season and posts historically bad numbers. Or he quits like a bitch.

No matter the decision, it's all the same:

Kobe's legacy=Deep Fried

"we missed the playoffs, but I wan't playing then" -Kobe

Malik Hairston
01-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Kobe and Carmelo are both going to play in the ASG, then predictably shut it down a week or 2 later, tbh..

mystargtr34
01-12-2015, 11:12 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvmunNzox1qjkukyo1_500.gif

~O~
01-13-2015, 09:35 AM
http://s10.postimg.org/krq087k61/imgres.jpg

mudyez
01-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Lol@me for having him on my fantasy basketball team

unleashbaynes
01-13-2015, 10:32 AM
:lmao top ten
:lmao only in a delusional fanboy world

Medvedenko
01-13-2015, 11:18 AM
You guys are all idiots. His legacy is solidified and will only age better with time. Nothing you fat necks on "spurstalk" will ever change that. The rest of his career is gravy.

ambchang
01-13-2015, 11:48 AM
You guys are all idiots. His legacy is solidified and will only age better with time. Nothing you fat necks on "spurstalk" will ever change that. The rest of his career is gravy.

Outside of Hakeem, which player actually had his legacy get better with time?

But you are right that his legacy is solidified. A perfect compliment to a dominant front court, someone who can't finish in the clutch (both on and off the court), and the greatest nemesis of the Lakers (along with Nash).

Medvedenko
01-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Outside of Hakeem, which player actually had his legacy get better with time?

But you are right that his legacy is solidified. A perfect compliment to a dominant front court, someone who can't finish in the clutch (both on and off the court), and the greatest nemesis of the Lakers (along with Nash).

Sure, whatever you say.

Fabbs
01-13-2015, 12:09 PM
His legacy is solidified and will only age better when he signs my doll.
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/545/276/ScreenShot2013-10-10at2.48.34PM_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

ambchang
01-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Sure, whatever you say.

You made an assertion, and I disagree. I can't think of a single player (outside of Hakeem) who had their legacy get better with time. You said his will, can you at least give a few examples.

Medvedenko
01-13-2015, 01:00 PM
You made an assertion, and I disagree. I can't think of a single player (outside of Hakeem) who had their legacy get better with time. You said his will, can you at least give a few examples.

Given your track record it won't matter if I give examples. It's a moot point to you and your like really.

midnightpulp
01-13-2015, 01:10 PM

Gravy does indeed complement deep fried food quite well :lol

Fabbs
01-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Given your track record it won't matter if I give examples. It's a moot point to you and your like really.
:lol Kobelike quitter.

01-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Med is right for the most part. I don't think his legacy will get better with age, but it's definitely solidified by the media. After he returns no one is going to talk about his dog days, they're just gonna show highlight reels of him in his glory days just like all nba stars after they retire.

01-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Retires*

Jenks
01-13-2015, 02:00 PM
I'll say Rodman in the spirit of trying to find an example, not arguing your point.

edit:

Dr J
Petrovic

ambchang
01-13-2015, 02:03 PM

What track record?

And who are those examples? I am really trying to think hard about them.

ambchang
01-13-2015, 02:05 PM
I'll say Rodman in the spirit of trying to find an example, not arguing your point.

edit:

Dr J
Petrovic

Are you kidding? Rodman is now mostly known as a lunatic instead of his amazing defensive days with Detroit. People remembered him more for his Bulls days than his Pistons days, which were really his prime.

Dr. J. is known as the 2nd banana of Moses Malone and his ABA dismissed.

Petrovic died early, so he's an exception, like Len Bias. I don't know why Reggie Lewis's reputation didn't get better over time either.

Jenks
01-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Are you kidding? Rodman is now mostly known as a lunatic instead of his amazing defensive days with Detroit. People remembered him more for his Bulls days than his Pistons days, which were really his prime.

Dr. J. is known as the 2nd banana of Moses Malone and his ABA dismissed.

Petrovic died early, so he's an exception, like Len Bias. I don't know why Reggie Lewis's reputation didn't get better over time either.
I think those are your views on Rodman and Dr J, not the public's. They're both much more highly regarded (in Rodman's case, basketball wise) than you give them credit for. There is little talk of what a team killer he was without a Laimbeer or Jordan to keep him in check, just the best rebounder ever with 5 rings who happens to be eccentric.
Meanwhile
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/shaquille-oneal-thinks-julius-erving-was-the-greatest-basketball-player-ever

Don't confuse my views with what I see as the public's.

ambchang
01-13-2015, 02:31 PM
I think those are your views on Rodman and Dr J, not the public's. They're both much more highly regarded (in Rodman's case, basketball wise) than you give them credit for. There is little talk of what a team killer he was without a Laimbeer or Jordan to keep him in check, just the best rebounder ever with 5 rings who happens to be eccentric.
Meanwhile
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/shaquille-oneal-thinks-julius-erving-was-the-greatest-basketball-player-ever

Don't confuse my views with what I see as the public's.

I don't know man. Rodman's reputation was pretty much destroyed the last year or so with Detroit and then few years with the Spurs, then redeemed with 3 straight with the Bulls, but he is now rarely mentioned as a top defensive player of all time (which he was), but more of a freak athletic rebounder. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

As for Dr. J. Shaq's not the public, and he says outlandish things all the time. Dr. J was a phenomenal player, the predecessor of the Jordans and the Lebrons, but he is now largely viewed as a decently good player in his days, not a top 12 player of all time that he should be in.

Jenks
01-13-2015, 03:43 PM
Fair enough. I agree with your overall point about how rare that is - I'm not even playing devil's advocate, I was answering more as an academic exercise than anything.

apalisoc_9
01-13-2015, 11:25 PM
http://s10.postimg.org/krq087k61/imgres.jpg

Hey what was your response about my Tobias Harris comment? The thread got deleted.

~O~
01-14-2015, 12:39 AM
Hey what was your response about my Tobias Harris comment? The thread got deleted.

How did you not see that in time. I wrote like ..an essay about that and much more.

Lets make this clear first. I am not a player fan or simple minded fan follows statistical players blindly; you called me Tobias Harris fan. Its like calling me a LeBron James fan..and I hate...player fans with a passion because they are the sheer equivalent of bandwagon fans. Nik Vucevic has been Orlando's most consistent player this entire year and thus far "the guy" on the Orlando Magic. He's much more confident, polished, and less reliant on athleticism than Dwight ever was for us. His demeanor is much more gritty and grimy. He gets it done without smiling or crying all the damn time. 1st tier center.

Tobias Harris is capable but far to inconsistent. His shooting has improved but not enough to be a max player. During many stages of the Magic's abysmal losing streak, Tobias Harris was ASS. The ball movement would stop in his hands. He would waste time holding the ball. He's...simply...unreliable on fast breaks. This guy should get to the rim and finish ruthlessly. The ball movement would stop in his hands for a mid range shot...that should be simple for him to make. He lacks explosion, something Victor Oladipo and Elfrid Payton have when driving to the rim. Unreliable on his post ups. Very inefficient game to game. He's mostly described on the Magic forums as a lesser Carmelo Anthony. Most of all, he's had ankle problems early in his career causing him to miss games like he has been recently. His defense isn't particular average at all. He should be an above average defender but he simply isn't.

This is why the Magic hope to develop Aaron Gordon who has a ever higher ceiling then Tobias has because of his no ceilings worth ethic.

As for Jacque Vaughn, I don't think its completely his fault. He's made questionable lineup decisions but the players keep losing focus. I'm not all for axing coaches because players aren't putting forth the effort.

With the exception of Vucevic..and even Elfrid Payton, the Magic players have their ups and down game to game. When they are at their best, they can beat almost any team and that was witnesses in losses and wins. Victor Oladipo had his best performance in the game against Chicago in his entire career. He looked shades of a slashing all-star shooting guard; 33 points on no turnovers.

He's still young but he's not worth max as is. Vucevic is worth the Max..and the Magic signed him for 12 million on a motherfucking steal. Rob Hennigan is putting in work. The worst decision thus far is Channing Frye in which at that moment looked like a no brainer. Channing Frye is probably a player that has no business being in the NBA.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 12:49 AM
How did you not see that in time. I wrote like ..an essay about that and much more.

Lets make this clear first. I am not a player fan or simple minded fan follows statistical players blindly; you called me Tobias Harris fan. Its like calling me a LeBron James fan..and I hate...player fans with a passion because they are the sheer equivalent of bandwagon fans. Nik Vucevic has been Orlando's most consistent player this entire year and thus far "the guy" on the Orlando Magic. He's much more confident, polished, and less reliant on athleticism than Dwight ever was for us. His demeanor is much more gritty and grimy. He gets it done without smiling or crying all the damn time. 1st tier center.

Tobias Harris is capable but far to inconsistent. His shooting has improved but not enough to be a max player. During many stages of the Magic's abysmal losing streak, Tobias Harris was ASS. The ball movement would stop in his hands. He would waste time holding the ball. He's...simply...unreliable on fast breaks. This guy should get to the rim and finish ruthlessly. The ball movement would stop in his hands for a mid range shot...that should be simple for him to make. He lacks explosion, something Victor Oladipo and Elfrid Payton have when driving to the rim. Unreliable on his post ups. Very inefficient game to game. He's mostly described on the Magic forums as a lesser Carmelo Anthony. Most of all, he's had ankle problems early in his career causing him to miss games like he has been recently. His defense isn't particular average at all. He should be an above average defender but he simply isn't.

This is why the Magic hope to develop Aaron Gordon who has a ever higher ceiling then Tobias has because of his no ceilings worth ethic.

As for Jacque Vaughn, I don't think its completely his fault. He's made questionable lineup decisions but the players keep losing focus. I'm not all for axing coaches because players aren't putting forth the effort.

With the exception of Vucevic..and even Elfrid Payton, the Magic players have their ups and down game to game. When they are at their best, they can beat almost any team and that was witnesses in losses and wins. Victor Oladipo had his best performance in the game against Chicago in his entire career. He looked shades of a slashing all-star shooting guard; 33 points on no turnovers.

He's still young but he's not worth max as is. Vucevic is worth the Max..and the Magic signed him for 12 million on a motherfucking steal. Rob Hennigan is putting in work. The worst decision thus far is Channing Frye in which at that moment looked like a no brainer. Channing Frye is probably a player that has no business being in the NBA.

I think we pretty much have the same opinion. Harris kills the team tbh..

Oladipo and Nikola are studs..They need to make them the 1 and 2 punch.

lefty
01-14-2015, 12:59 AM
Kobe is like a remote control running on empty batteries.
Sometimes it miraculously works, but most of the time it doesn't, but you keep trying

Splits
01-14-2015, 04:59 PM

:lmao Kobe and playoffs in the same sentence