PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Beck/Bucher Debate: The NBA's All-Overrated Starting 5

Budkin
01-13-2015, 05:10 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2327635-beckbucher-debate-the-nbas-all-overrated-starting-5

http://i.imgur.com/1MX50RS.jpg

djohn2oo8
01-13-2015, 05:13 PM
How is Noah overrated?

Cry Havoc
01-13-2015, 05:19 PM
No Kobe? lol

Phillip
01-13-2015, 05:20 PM
How is Noah overrated?

The fact that a lot of people are stupid enough to say he is the best center in the league, when he clearly is not by any stretch of the imagination.

Phillip
01-13-2015, 05:20 PM
No Kobe? lol

Kobe is hardly even heard of or talked about anymore. Quit being such a vagina :rolleyes

Cry Havoc
01-13-2015, 05:22 PM
That's a terrible list overall imo

Cry Havoc
01-13-2015, 05:23 PM
Kobe is hardly even heard of or talked about anymore. Quit being such a vagina :rolleyes

Lance isn't exactly making headlines these days either.

baseline bum
01-13-2015, 05:31 PM
Parker has to be the most overrated PG right now. He has fallen off hugely this season and the media hasn't figured it out (but he shoots 60% from the three!).

BatManu20
01-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Off the bench:

Kyrie
Joe Johnson
Rudy Gay
Jeff Green
Hibbert

Jenks
01-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Not a terrible list, I'd just change the SG and C

CP3
Kobe
Ibaka
Melo
Love

I'm only going with CP3 because it seems as though the media has finally forgotten that they think D-Will is great.

Mugen
01-13-2015, 05:42 PM
How is Noah overrated?

He's been terrible this year and got his cookie taken by Nene/Gortat in last year's playoffs. They are a much better team when MVPau is the 5 tbh.

Phillip
01-13-2015, 05:54 PM
:cryLance isn't exactly :crymaking headlines t:cryhese days either.:cry:cry:cry

He was making a ton of headlines prior to his complete flameout this season. Kobe has been relatively buried for the past 18 months, especially by his standards.

hater
01-13-2015, 06:00 PM
CP0
James hardon
Leroids
Carmela
Lopez

/thread

Juggity
01-13-2015, 06:11 PM
How is Noah overrated?

Dude's been really bad since coming back from surgery. He's actually hurting the Bulls right now.

Raven
01-13-2015, 06:11 PM
solid list, i love noah but lately he's been overrated. Still there's plenty centers who are overrated more, such as tyson chandler or deandre jordan or howard.. all 4 are players that help their teams though so i wouldn't put any of them. The sg spot should of course be kobe's but he doesn't really count and i'll agree with the rest.

Jenks
01-13-2015, 06:16 PM
He was making a ton of headlines prior to his complete flameout this season. Kobe has been relatively buried for the past 18 months, especially by his standards.
Other than the non stop comparisons to the GOAT all season, right?

Cry Havoc
01-13-2015, 07:06 PM

:lol What? Kobe has been the far more discussed player this year, even if you remove the "passing Jordan" hype from the list. Meanwhile with Lance, well, even his own team realized very quickly that he was terrible and that last season was a complete fluke. Kobe OTOH, came into this season rated as the 25th best player in the league by ESPN, and they even had experts calling them out for rating him too low. :lol So I categorically disagree with your statement that Lance has made more noise this year.

adonis827
01-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Kobe 30M last year now 24M- that is overrated.

Noah should not be overrated when motivated and healthy. His defense is so good- also a great passer for the C position. His numbers are expected to take a dip with the arrival of a superstar in Pau.

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2015, 07:27 PM
wheres enrique on the list?

they excluding injured players? but noah is on the list

cd021
01-13-2015, 08:16 PM
How is Noah overrated?

Struggling this season apparently. Most of his stats are way down (granted he is also playing four fewer minutes) scoring down almost 5 ppg and his grabbing 1.5 fewer boards His P.E.R is down from 20 to 14.6

Franklin
01-14-2015, 12:00 AM
Noah is bulls' defensive anchor and is the main reason why Pau is playing on MVPau level again, I don't see where he is overrated tbh.

Mr Bones
01-15-2015, 02:57 AM
Bleacher Report is a place anyone can "publish" an article. It has some of the dumbest takes imaginable.

Phillip
01-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Other than the non stop comparisons to the GOAT all season, right?

By Kobe knobslobbers? Who cares what they think?

:cry What? Kobe has been the far m:cryore discussed player this year, even if you remove the "passing Jordan" hype from the list. Meanwhile with Lance, well, even his own team realized very quickly that he:cry was terrible :cryand that last season was a complete fluke. Kobe OTOH, came into this season rated as the 25th best player in the league by ESPN:cry, and they even had experts calling them out for rating him too low. :cry So I categorically disagree with your statement that Lance has made more noise this year.:cry:cry:cry

No one said anything about Kobe making less noise in the media, or Lance making more noise in the media. Just that going into this season, there was quite a bit of hype over Lance, considering how mediocre he is, whereas considering how popular and polarizing of a figure Kobe is, there was a relatively small amount of talk about him heading into the season.

Kobe is still an exponentially better player than Lance, make no mistake, so yes he will be higher up in general ratings systems done by people, but being near the bottom of a top 25 list, with a few people thinking he should be higher (and good arguments for such thoughts) is not exactly overrating a guy who is an all-time great, and still playing at arguably an all-star level. OTOH, the absurd contract numbers that were talked about for Lance, as well as people thinking he is legitimately an all-star caliber player... yeah that is some serious overrating.

Malik Hairston
01-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Noah has always been overrated, as I've been saying for years..DPOY getting destroyed by Gortat and Nene is pathetic, tbh..

Also, :lmao Bucher..he once said Rose is the best player in the NBA..

My list:

PG Tony Parker/John Wall/Darren Collison
SG Tyreke Evans/Bradley Beal/Demar Derozan
SF Chandler Parsons/Tobias Harris/Jeff Green
PF Kenneth Faried/Greg Monroe/Ryan Anderson
C Joakim Noah/Al Jefferson/DeAndre Jordan

Jenks
01-15-2015, 05:35 PM
By Kobe knobslobbers? By ESPN and TNT.

JamStone
01-15-2015, 06:33 PM

Unless you frequent the SpursTalk NBA forum.

Don't you know?

Spurstalk NBA forum = NBA basketball universe

Phillip
01-15-2015, 11:27 PM
By ESPN and TNT.
Funny, I watch both quite frequently, and haven't seen what you are talking about. Probably because you are full of crap.

Venti Quattro
01-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Funny, I watch both quite frequently, and haven't seen what you are talking about. Probably because you are full of crap.

:lol Spurs fans are the most obsessed about Kobe's dick. It's okay though, since Duncan and Kobe are contemporaries and rivals, so we kinda would understand where they're coming from. But the extent of effort they exert just to hate on Kobe is admirable in itself, tbh -- it's a work of art. They get baited by trolling from Koolaid_Man and Thread so easily, it's rather hilarious to watch

Jenks
01-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Perfect avatar

DMX7
01-16-2015, 12:55 PM
1. Kobe
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Kobe "Bean" Bryant
4. Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant
5. Kobe "Katelyn Fabe" Braynt

::: Drops Mic :::

DMC
01-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Yet he's 2nd in AS votes.

DMC
01-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Kobe 30M last year now 24M- that is overrated.

Noah should not be overrated when motivated and healthy. His defense is so good- also a great passer for the C position. His numbers are expected to take a dip with the arrival of a superstar in Pau.

That's overpaid. People here and elsewhere will cherry pick their own version of "overrated" It can be by the media, by fans, people in general, by salary, by minutes, and everyone in the league is subject to making the list under one of those categories.

People tend to overrate players based on what they did in years past, not what they are doing right now.

StrengthAndHonor
01-16-2015, 01:23 PM
By ESPN and TNT.

I was watching the Cavs-Lakers game last night and during half time Ernie started the discussion by asking Kenny what he thought of Kobe's first half game (10 assist) and Kenny quickly interrupted him " Let's not talk about Kobe or the Lakers, I want to talk about the Cavs" and he was dead serious. It was a bit awkward because Ernie really wanted to talk about Kobe's adjustment too :lol

That's the truth though, the Lakers nor Kobe are irrelevant at this point. No offense to Laker fans of course.

DAF86
01-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Rose, Kobe, Carmelo, Faried, Noah.

Jenks
01-16-2015, 02:07 PM
I was watching the Cavs-Lakers game last night and during half time Ernie started the discussion by asking Kenny what he thought of Kobe's first half game (10 assist) and Kenny quickly interrupted him " Let's not talk about Kobe or the Lakers, I want to talk about the Cavs" and he was dead serious.
Sounds about right, those guys are sick of talking about Kobe and the Lakers. I know about a week ago Charles jokingly said he was going to quit if they had to cover the Lakers or Knicks any more this year.

Phillip
01-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Yet he's 2nd in AS votes.

a bunch of ignorant voters and chinese faggots don't count as legitimate opinions