PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Sheehan: Terrorists are Freedom Fighters

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-01-2005, 09:31 AM
And one flew over the cuckoo nest...

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45938

Cindy Sheehan, the so-called Peace Mom seeking a second meeting with President Bush in connection with the Iraq War death of her son, says terrorists killing Americans are "freedom fighters."

She made the remark during her trek earlier this month to Crawford, Texas; but her equating the enemy with freedom fighters has not been highlighted by the mainstream media, despite her telling it directly to a reporter for CBS News.

Nice touch, don't you think?

Hook Dem
09-01-2005, 09:54 AM
And one flew over the cuckoo nest...

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45938

Nice touch, don't you think?
I would expect no less from her!

Vashner
09-01-2005, 10:04 AM
hahahahahaha
Yea .. can't have those female voters with a smile and purple thumb.. let' slap some freash burka on the women... yea Sheehan.. Advancing the lefts cause.

Vote Burka 08'
Your hair does not need to see the light of the sun it's entire life....

A new dawn for women worldwide!

Jelly
09-01-2005, 10:45 AM
The anti-war crowd is going to feel like idiots for being so duped by Sheehan. Some of them have legitimate issues against the war. Now, those who have supported her, through honest and honorable intentions, are having their cause degraded by their association with this vicious and spiteful lunatic.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Seriously though, talk about desecrating the memory of your son.

Jelly
09-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Seriously though, talk about desecrating the memory of your son.

it's disgusting. The poor guys own mother calls his killers "freedom fighters"

smeagol
09-01-2005, 11:29 AM
If a foreign power would invade the US, wouldn't you guys do everything under you power to destroy the invaders?

That's how some people view the US soldiers in Iraq: As invaders.

I don't approve the methods the insurgency uses but not everything is black and white.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-01-2005, 11:37 AM
hat's how some people view the US soldiers in Iraq: As invaders.

I don't approve the methods the insurgency uses but not everything is black and white.

No shit. But still, a soldier's own mom calling her son's killers freedom fighters just to get another dig in about Bush is completely fucked up.

She also blamed Hurricane Katrina on Bush's global warming policies and "death policies", whatever those are, and in whatever parallel fucked up universe she's in where apparently killing "freedom fighters" in Iraq somehow has an effect on the weather on the other side of the world.

samikeyp
09-01-2005, 11:38 AM
So she went from a mother trying to honor the memory of her son to political activist. Nice. :rolleyes

Jelly
09-01-2005, 11:44 AM
So she went from a mother trying to honor the memory of her son to political activist. Nice. :rolleyes

the thing is she's always been a leftwing activist. Her son's death was just a great opportunity for her to trumpet her views. I find her sickening.

samikeyp
09-01-2005, 11:48 AM
the thing is she's always been a leftwing activist. Her son's death was just a great opportunity for her to trumpet her views. I find her sickening.

Yea but at first it was about her son....now it seems to just be about her. Ironically the freedom she has to voice her views has been guaranteed by people like her son who died for their country.

Marcus Bryant
09-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Who is she?

Nbadan
09-01-2005, 12:20 PM
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Funny how the majahadeen in Afghanistan went from Russian killing freedom fighters to international terrorist the moment they started striking Western interests.

Marcus Bryant
09-01-2005, 12:23 PM
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Funny how the majahadeen in Afghanistan went from Russian killing freedom fighters to international terrorist the moment they started striking Western interests.

Funny how quick you are to defend those who are currently killing US soldiers. I would expect nothing less.

You know, you can oppose the war without selling out your fellow citizens.

Nbadan
09-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Yea but at first it was about her son....now it seems to just be about her. Ironically the freedom she has to voice her views has been guaranteed by people like her son who died for their country.

The right has no shame. If you dare get in their way they will smear Senatorial war veterans, decorated war heroes, hell, even their own (McCain) and now the right has stooped to a new ultimate low by smearing the mom of a soldier who made the ultimate sacrifice so his mom can have the right to express her views publicly about the war whether we agree with them view or not.

We don't know what Casey Sheehan would have said about the war, nobody ever bother to ask him, but I'm pretty certain that he won't have wanted us to sit around and call his mom nasty names just because of her views of our illegal war. If Casey had seen some of the nasty posts by some of the nasty righties on this board, I’m fairly certain he would be out at camp Casey with his mom right now.

Nbadan
09-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Funny how quick you are to defend those who are currently killing US soldiers. I would expect nothing less.

You know, you can oppose the war without selling out your fellow citizens.

:rolleyes

Yeah, like this thread wasn't loaded to begin with. All of the sudden if you defend Cindy Sheehan, you support the terrorists, right?

GAFL.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-01-2005, 12:41 PM

You're an asshole. There's a difference in fighting out in the desert and crashing planes into our workplaces.

We don't know what Casey Sheehan would have said about the war, nobody ever bother to ask him, but I'm pretty certain that he won't have wanted us to sit around and call his mom nasty names just because of her views of our illegal war

Well seeings he voluntarily signed up for two tours, I think I know where he stands.

I'm fairly certain he would have smacked the shit out of his mom by now on behalf of all of us, his fellow troops, and himself. See, speculating can be fun :spin

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah, like this thread wasn't loaded to begin with. All of the sudden if you defend Cindy Sheehan, you support the terrorists, right?

GAFL.

Quit trying to change the topic. Who gives a shit about how the thread started, he was calling you out for defending assholes who kill Americans.

Nbadan
09-01-2005, 12:47 PM
You're an asshole. There's a difference in fighting out in the desert and crashing planes into our workplaces.

Who flew planes in the WT again? Was it Bin Laden or Kalleed Mohammed?

Who made up the name Al-Queda again? Was it Bin Laden or the US corporate press?

How many Iraqis where in those Planes again?

So now everyone who fights the U.S. is a terrorist even if we are the invaders? Considering the torture policy the U.S. has continued in Iraq it sure seems that way.

Nbadan
09-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Well seeings he voluntarily signed up for two tours, I think I know where he stands.

He resigned because he didn't want to leave his boys in Iraq short-handed. That we know for certain.

samikeyp
09-01-2005, 01:01 PM
The right has no shame. If you dare get in their way they will smear Senatorial war veterans, decorated war heroes, hell, even their own (McCain) and now the right has stooped to a new ultimate low by smearing the mom of a soldier who made the ultimate sacrifice so his mom can have the right to express her views publicly about the war whether we agree with them view or not.

She wants to protest the war, fine. She wants to be angry about her son's death, fine..she has that right. What I have a problem with is her getting all those people to support her, on the basis of a grieving mother just wanting justice for her son, then when they get there, she changes her tune to the "now that I have all of you here, let me tell you why I am really here" card. Her son volunteered for that duty. He signed up of his own free will and accord knowing that their was a good chance he could be in harms way. He chose that destiny. I think that it is reprehensible, even as someone who is not in favor of our troops being there, that she has turned her son's death into a platform of her own for her own views.

Marcus Bryant
09-01-2005, 01:08 PM
:rolleyes

GAFL.

When she refers to those terrorists in such a laudatory and sympathetic manner, well, yes.

SMCB.

Nbadan
09-01-2005, 01:18 PM
She wants to protest the war, fine. She wants to be angry about her son's death, fine..she has that right. What I have a problem with is her getting all those people to support her, on the basis of a grieving mother just wanting justice for her son, then when they get there, she changes her tune to the "now that I have all of you here, let me tell you why I am really here" card.

Cindy's doubts about the war has always been consistant. It's not like she has a dynamic attitude toward the war like the ever changing rational we have been given by our dear leader.

Of course groups with like causes are gonna rally around Sheehan. Who do you think is gonna rally around her? The religious right?

mookie2001
09-01-2005, 01:27 PM
well she does speak for all liberals
much in the way Pat Robertson speaks for all conservatives

Spurminator
09-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Some of the Right's tactics of trying to smear her have been unfair (the divorce, the previous visit)... However, it's hard to argue that this is a smear job when it's from her own mouth.

Furthermore, I think it is relevant to question why those comments were hidden from the public until now, while most of the coverage on the pro-war rally centered around the "Bitch in the Ditch" sign and the fight breaking out with the Protest Warriors.

Like I said when this started, Sheehan is the new Schiavo. She's a cause, not a person. People on both sides see her as a symbol for the anti-war movement... The anti-war crowd pretends to care about her loss while showing cynicism towards the losses and sacrifices of those who maintain a pro-war stance. The pro-war crowd shows the kind of vitriolic hatred that should never be shown towards a mother grieving about the loss of her son.

TV separates everyone from reality. Sheehan has been used and digested by partisans on both sides for a month now, and while she certainly shares the blame for a lot of that, I still pity her because she will be discarded at some point. Particularly once her statements become so outlandish that, even though they are sentiments shared by a lot of the fringe Left, most people who would have sympathized with her cause will instead choose to distance themselves from her message for fear of aligning themselves with a wacko.

spurster
09-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Ok, she is going off the deep end, but the lead of the article misrepresents her.

Here is the exact quote:

"No, because it's not true," Sheehan replied. "You know Iraq was no threat to the United States of America until we invaded. I mean they're not even a threat to the United States of America. Iraq was not involved in 9-11, Iraq was not a terrorist state. But now that we have decimated the country, the borders are open, freedom fighters from other countries are going in, and they [American troops] have created more terrorism by going to an Islamic country, devastating the country and killing innocent people in that country. The terrorism is growing and people who never thought of being car bombers or suicide bombers are now doing it because they want the United States of America out of their country."

What she says is far out enough, but she is labeling all the sides as terrorists, more along the lines of "the US is a terrorist occupier, and freedom fighters in Iraq and coming to Iraq have responded with terrorism to get the US out".

mookie2001
09-01-2005, 01:42 PM
yeah i was going to tell ahf i liked the quote

she said terrorists were "freedom fighters"

LOL

MaNuMaNiAc
09-01-2005, 04:33 PM

I'm fairly certain he would have smacked the shit out of his mom by now on behalf of all of us, his fellow troops, and himself. See, speculating can be fun :spin
lol, you do know the English said a very similar thing when the American army started using guerrilla tactics against them in the war of independence. "Hiding behind bushes and trees isn't the same as coming out here and fighting like a man"

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
09-01-2005, 05:24 PM
lol, you do know the English said a very similar thing when the American army started using guerrilla tactics against them in the war of independence. "Hiding behind bushes and trees isn't the same as coming out here and fighting like a man"

The difference is that they didn't target civilians, unless they were giving financial/logistic/strategic support to the redcoats. There is a difference between using guerilla tactics and just blowing up whatever civilian target you can.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-01-2005, 05:32 PM
The difference is that they didn't target civilians, unless they were giving financial/logistic/strategic support to the redcoats. There is a difference between using guerilla tactics and just blowing up whatever civilian target you can.
I know, I was just making a joke. I'm not that insensitive.

Dos
09-01-2005, 05:59 PM
so according to cindy and the anti war crowd the AQ terrorist we are fighting in Iraq are freedom fighters?

I am so glad they don't speak for me!

mookie2001
09-01-2005, 06:28 PM
yeah i was going to tell ahf i liked the quote

she said terrorists were "freedom fighters"

LOL

Clandestino
09-01-2005, 06:37 PM
and most of the terrorists in iraq aren't even fucking iraqis... the ones that are iraqis are saddam loyalists. if you stick up for any terrorist you are a terrorist yourself and should be forced to fight along side them.

Bandit2981
09-01-2005, 06:46 PM
A quote taken out of context to further the smear job against Cindy by the right? No way!

xrayzebra
09-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Just wanted you to know what a wonderful, thoughtful person this lady is:
This was taken from the Drudge Report this morning. Once again she is putting down
our military and her Son. Of course at no loss of money to her.

CINDY SHEEHAN CALLS FOR U.S TO 'PULL OUR TROOPS OUT OF OCCUPIED NEW ORLEANS'
Mon Sep 12 2005 12:42:11 ET

Celebrity anti-war protester, fresh off inking a lucrative deal with Speaker's Bureau, has demanded at the HUFFINGTON POST and MICHAEL MOORE'S website that the United States military must immediately leave 'occupied' New Orleans.

"I don't care if a human being is black, brown, white, yellow or pink. I donŐt care if a human being is Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, or pagan. I don't care what flag a person salutes: if a human being is hungry, then it is up to another human being to feed him/her. George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power. The only way America will become more secure is if we have a new administration that cares about Americans even if they donŐt fall into the top two percent of the wealthiest."

Sheehan is in the middle of a bus trip across America in support of her cause.

CharlieMac
09-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Ok, she is going off the deep end, but the lead of the article misrepresents her.

Here is the exact quote:

What she says is far out enough, but she is labeling all the sides as terrorists, more along the lines of "the US is a terrorist occupier, and freedom fighters in Iraq and coming to Iraq have responded with terrorism to get the US out".

That makes a little more sense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Cindy's doubts about the war has always been consistant.

Huh? Last year after her son's death she met with Bush, and came out afterwards and said that Bush was a nice, sincere man, and that she supported him and what her son fought and died for.

Now Bush is a terrorist. You call that consistent? :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-17-2005, 11:28 AM

lol, you do know the Americans were fighting for independence. AQ wants global genocide against all non-Muslims. Even you should be able to figure out the difference there.

SpursWoman
09-17-2005, 11:37 AM
A quote taken out of context to further the smear job against Cindy by the right? No way!

Bandit, the lady is 100% nutjob. Sorry. :lol

Vashner
09-17-2005, 12:02 PM
She said the recruiter lied to her son...

Why did he re-enlist 2 times? .. he had 10 years in and on 2nd tour..

He was helping a village get drinking water installed when he was killed by a bunch dicks that she just happens to be the number one U.S. supporter of.. the people that killed her son...

Cindy has helped out the cause and the blood of many soldiers and iraqi's is now on her hands...