PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi will fix everything, tbh

ElNono
01-13-2015, 09:39 PM
:lol Spursfan panicking... this was a 20+ point win with Kiwi covering all the defensive fuckups...

Max player can't come back soon enough, tbh

-21-
01-13-2015, 09:41 PM
When will that be though?

RD2191
01-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Did OP have a truth sandwich for lunch?

Hemotivo
01-13-2015, 09:42 PM

:lol

Malik Hairston
01-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Kawhi is by far the most important player on the team, as we saw when he was out last year and are seeing again this year, but Parker's presence is beginning to make me question the direction of this team, tbh..

UZER
01-13-2015, 09:44 PM
And then get hurt again

Chomag
01-13-2015, 09:44 PM
KL cant fix other player's shit show.

ElNono
01-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Kawhi is by far the most important player on the team, as we saw when he was out last year and are seeing again this year, but Parker's presence is beginning to make me question the direction of this team, tbh..

Well, Pop has to play him, right?

Silver&Black

With a truth salad tbh....

ElNono

He actually does cover a lot of shit... we got outrebounded again tonight... that's something Kiwi can help with...

Mugen
Gonna be much better when he gets back but I'm worried Pop might stick with Daye starting tbh :lol

ElNono
01-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Gonna be much better when he gets back but I'm worried Pop might stick with Daye starting tbh :lol

You would think at some point Pop is gonna look at the standings, right?

timtonymanu
01-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Pretty much why I'm not melting down yet.

Green looks gassed having to carry Kawhi's load especially since Daye/Beli are so fucking trash and Anderson is still inexperienced.

Plus the rebounding issue.

Like Harlem said, it's the Enrique Smith factor that is worrying.

in2deep
01-13-2015, 09:47 PM

Mugen
01-13-2015, 09:48 PM
You would think at some point Pop is gonna look at the standings, right?

Who knows tbh. Team was on cruise control for most of the regular season last year, so I think he's just switching shit up for no reason because he's bored.

Johnny RIngo
01-13-2015, 09:53 PM

Parker sucked last season but he wasn't a cancer on the court. We could still win games in spite of his presence. Now he just kills our offense and doesn't play a lick of defense. Not too confident about a team with current Tony Parker getting as much touches as he does

BatManu20
01-13-2015, 09:53 PM
Even IF we have everyone back and healthy at the end of the year, it's going to be a tall task to win without HCA throughout the WC Playoffs. Not panicking at all, but I think expecting a championship this year could be setting yourself up for failure. Just enjoy last years, and if we somehow find a way to get back there this year, so be it. Anything more is just gravy.

RD2191
01-13-2015, 09:54 PM
:rolleyes

ElNono
This are all close games... you drop a guy that gives you a +10 out there, and you win most of them.... Kiwi is that guy...

Silver&Black
:rolleyes

Corny.....I know.

Mugen
01-13-2015, 09:55 PM
Even IF we have everyone back and healthy at the end of the year, it's going to be a tall task to win without HCA throughout the WC Playoffs. Not panicking at all, but I think expecting a championship this year could be setting yourself up for failure. Just enjoy last years, and if we somehow find a way to get back there this year, so be it. Anything more is just gravy.

With OKC finishing as a lower seed and the West being strong in general, it really is highly unlikely that the top seeds advance IMO. Even if the Spurs finish in the 4-6 range, i think there's a chance they get homecourt in a series or two and against the East.

Malik Hairston
01-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Parker sucked last season but he wasn't a cancer on the court. We could still win games in spite of his presence. Now he just kills our offense and doesn't play a lick of defense. Not too confident about a team with current Tony Parker getting as much touches as he does

An important, but unnoticed storyline for last year's Spurs' historic basketball(the greatest playoff team of all-time) was that Parker sat on the bench for large stretches of the playoffs..the Spurs' were statistically better when he was on the bench..he even missed game 5 of the Blazers series and the 2nd half of the OKC series, and the Spurs still won:lol..

Parker was virtually a non-factor in last year's playoffs, and Pop didn't hesitate to sit him for key stretches..I'm not sure Pop will do the same this year, unfortunately, I don't know if Parker's ego could handle 2 straight runs of not being the star..

Brunodf
01-13-2015, 09:57 PM
I don't think Kawhi can fix Pop coaching decisions... 2015 Pop is not looking good...

RD2191
01-13-2015, 09:57 PM
This are all close games... you drop a guy that gives you a +10 out there, and you win most of them.... Kiwi is that guy...
He also negates 6+ from the opponent so that's a 16 point swing. (Just made all of that shit up so I don't know if the math checks out) (also doubt I'm using negates correctly)

ElNono
01-13-2015, 09:58 PM
He also negates 6+ from the opponent so that's a 16 point swing. (Just made all of that shit up so I don't know if the math checks out) (also doubt I'm using negates correctly)

sounds legit

look_at_g_shred
01-13-2015, 09:58 PM
:lmao bruh :sleep

timtonymanu
01-13-2015, 10:01 PM

Yeah nothing is guaranteed and the Spurs have too much to work on to get back to their expected level. But what they have in their favor is that they match up well with majority of the West that HC doesnt matter much. The East scares me more, imo. Spurs East and the Bulls.

Brunodf
01-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Assuming that Pop isn't going mad scientist and playing Diaw/Ayers in the 4th...

Johnny RIngo
01-13-2015, 10:03 PM
I love Leonard but I'm not sure if even he can negate the cancerous effect Parker is having on the starting unit. Tony is scary bad this year. Comparable to Josh Smith or Kobe.

BatManu20
01-13-2015, 10:06 PM
Yeah nothing is guaranteed and the Spurs have too much to work on to get back to their expected level. But what they have in their favor is that they match up well with majority of the West that HC doesnt matter much. The East scares me more, imo. Spurs East and the Bulls.

Hypothetically, would you rather play ATL or Chicago, assuming both have HCA?

Ditty
01-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Not worried we will get it together by the rodeo road trip.

ElNono
01-13-2015, 10:08 PM
gotta get healthy

dabom
01-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Everyone calling green a max player. :lol

The only max player in the spurs is Kawhi. He just does so many great things on the floor and covers up a lot of mistakes by teammates. Great rebounder. Great defender. No back down attitute. Seriously Kawhi has had to go through the toughest players in the league his whole career. People keep forgetting kawhi has tons of experience at a young age.

SupremeGuy
01-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Did OP have a truth sandwich for lunch?:lol

ElNono
01-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Everyone calling green a max player. :lol

The only max player in the spurs is Kawhi. He just does so many great things on the floor and covers up a lot of mistakes by teammates. Great rebounder. Great defender. No back down attitute. Seriously Kawhi has had to go through the toughest players in the league his whole career. People keep forgetting kawhi has tons of experience at a young age.

Green didn't have a good game tonight, but he's important. I actually feel he plays even better D when Kiwi is out there with him. There's some synergy there.

timtonymanu
01-13-2015, 10:22 PM
Hypothetically, would you rather play ATL or Chicago, assuming both have HCA?

If the Bulls end up keeping Rose (their version of Enrique), then the Bulls. Then again, I dont think Atlanta's ceiling is as high as the Spurs.

dabom
01-13-2015, 10:32 PM
Green didn't have a good game tonight, but he's important. I actually feel he plays even better D when Kiwi is out there with him. There's some synergy there.

Nah man. Kawhi is the man. He does actually step up when it gets going out there.
He actually says he hates playing bad teams because you can't learn anything from them.
Kid is the truth and plays up to the competition which is good because he won't wear himself out or be stat stuffing.

ElNono
01-13-2015, 10:32 PM
If the Bulls end up keeping Rose (their version of Enrique), then the Bulls. Then again, I dont think Atlanta's ceiling is as high as the Spurs.

Atlanta is playing real well... but you have to wonder if they're peaking too early...

timtonymanu
01-13-2015, 10:38 PM
Atlanta is playing real well... but you have to wonder if they're peaking too early...

Yeah, I agree. Spurs East is nice to watch, but their roster is still limited and that's why I feel they don't have much room to improve on while the Spurs are nowhere near their best.

Arc
01-13-2015, 10:51 PM
yeah, we'll be fine once kawhi comes back and is in game shape along with parker. i don't remember the exact stat but the line up we played the most last year has only played like 10-20 minutes so far this year. that pretty much says it all. can't expect to win every game when your best player is sitting in a suit.

i'm probably gonna stop visiting spurstalk until then though. the amount of parker whining/hating on here has gotten to the point where there's no longer any meaningful discussions. it's always "enrique this" or "enrique that." it's like.. we get it, you hate parker. stfu already, cuck.

FkLA
01-13-2015, 10:56 PM
He's our savior. Hope all the retards that thought Enrique was the best player on the team (:lmao) realize who's team this is now.

mystargtr34

SnakeBoy
:lol Spursfan panicking... this was a 20+ point win with Kiwi covering all the defensive fuckups...

So Spurs are a one man team, that makes me feel better.

ElNono
01-13-2015, 10:59 PM
So Spurs are a one man team, that makes me feel better.

it's not one or two guys for us, we need our top 4-5 guys healthy and playing... Kawhi happens to be one of them...

apalisoc_9
01-13-2015, 11:02 PM
He's our savior. Hope all the retards that thought Enrique was the best player on the team (:lmao) realize who's team this is now.

Nathan89
01-13-2015, 11:04 PM
Kawhi doesn't fix this team with marco and Tony one upping each other on who can cause the most destruction.

apalisoc_9
01-13-2015, 11:05 PM
Kawhi doesn't fix this team with marco and Tony one upping each other on who can cause the most destruction.

Not to mention Parker will probably do his best to make sure Kawhi is not involved in the offensive end.

horsielove
01-13-2015, 11:07 PM
I'm surprised apalisoc_9 didn't start this thread.:lol

moisaenz
01-13-2015, 11:38 PM
Maybe TP wants to sabotage Kawhi's stellar season.

cjw
01-13-2015, 11:41 PM

Exactly. People freaking out about losing to a top 3 team in the East on the road while starting Austin Daye.

Godbama
01-13-2015, 11:45 PM
I completely agree, in theory, but:

1.) When will that be?
2.) Will he actually be at 100% when he comes back? I seem to remember talk of him potentially needing surgery after the season is over. If there's even a hint of truth in that, can Kawhi actually "fix everything" if he's still got some sort of nagging hand injury?

ElNono
01-13-2015, 11:46 PM
I completely agree, in theory, but:

1.) When will that be?
2.) Will he actually be at 100% when he comes back? I seem to remember talk of him potentially needing surgery after the season is over. If there's even a hint of truth in that, can Kawhi actually "fix everything" if he's still got some sort of nagging hand injury?

We need the defense and rebounding much more than the scoring right now... when we get stops, we normally can score fairly easily on fast breaks... we're just not getting stops now, and that makes it difficult to play at a fast pace...

cd98
01-13-2015, 11:47 PM

That and get guys that have been injured back into form, I won't panic unless the Rodeo Trip is a bust. I anticipate a nice streak setting us up for a strong second half.

Hoops Czar
01-13-2015, 11:47 PM

Can Leonard guard five positions at once? who the fuck are you kidding? They're playing terrible basketball right now.

apalisoc_9
01-13-2015, 11:48 PM
First, Parker was injured too you know..

Hoops..

:lmao

ElNono
01-13-2015, 11:50 PM
Can Leonard guard five positions at once? who the fuck are you kidding? They're playing terrible basketball right now.

He doesn't need to. We're actually losing close games... it's not like we're getting blown out. A 10 point swing would've changed 6-10 games from a L to a W...

Hoops Czar
01-13-2015, 11:52 PM
First, Parker was injured too you know..

Hoops..

Why don't you put this in your signature so you don't have to repeat it in every single one of your post, that is when you're not jacking off to the "on court" corpse of Kiwi Lemon.

Hoops Czar
01-13-2015, 11:58 PM
He doesn't need to. We're actually losing close games... it's not like we're getting blown out. A 10 point swing would've changed 6-10 games from a L to a W...

We were losing close games WITH leonard. It doesn't change the fact that other players have to play better. This isn't a championship calibre team at the moment.

Sean Cagney
01-14-2015, 12:01 AM
gotta get healthy

Yeah, it has been that way for a while though man :( Health is key here but damn right now it's frustrating seeing them in 7th and just staying afloat. This shows you how spoiled we are as fans to be this upset over a 7th place right now and honestly not used to losing games. Love this team but damn it's tough right now, welcome to reality I guess.
We were losing close games WITH leonard. It doesn't change the fact that other players have to play better. This isn't a championship calibre team at the moment.

Your right. BTW are you a Cavs fan or not? I never fully knew whether you were someone who had two teams or just someone who didn't pick the right team when he signed up?

ElNono
01-14-2015, 12:06 AM

We're 15-7 with Kawhi, and that's with Patty, Tony, Tiago and Marco missing for a bunch of games. We're 9-9 without him.

This is a champion caliber team when everyone is healthy, period. We haven't been there yet.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 12:07 AM
We're 15-7 with Kawhi, and that's with Patty, Tony, Tiago and Marco missing for a bunch of games. We're 9-9 without him.

This is a champion caliber team when everyone is healthy, period. We haven't been there yet.

Hoops czar..

Hoops Czar
01-14-2015, 12:09 AM
Yeah, it has been that way for a while though man :( Health is key here but damn right now it's frustrating seeing them in 7th and just staying afloat. This shows you how spoiled we are as fans to be this upset over a 7th place right now and honestly not used to losing games. Love this team but damn it's tough right now, welcome to reality I guess.

Your right. BTW are you a Cavs fan or not? I never fully knew whether you were someone who had two teams or just someone who didn't pick the right team when he signed up?

Originally, Hoops was a troll account. Since 2010, I abandoned my original account and stuck with this one. I grew up in Ohio so I chose Cleveland as my favorite team. I'm a Spurs fan.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:13 AM
With Joseph's improved play and Patty being back, are we actually better off with TP injured :lol

Hoops Czar
01-14-2015, 12:16 AM

I assume you're including the eight game win streak which included the likes of Philly (2), Boston, Indiana, Minnesota and Cleveland (by 2, which every other team in the league pounds home or away) and Brooklyn. Blink twice if this is correct. I didn't say they weren't championship calibre. I said they aren't playing like a championship calibre team at the moment. Also, if the Spurs can't hit free throws, they'll have trouble winning close games regardless who takes the floor.

Legacy
01-14-2015, 12:19 AM
I don't think Kawhi can fix Pop coaching decisions... 2015 Pop is not looking good...

ElNono
01-14-2015, 12:26 AM
I assume you're including the eight game win streak which included the likes of Philly (2), Boston, Indiana, Minnesota and Cleveland (by 2, which every other team in the league pounds home or away) and Brooklyn. Blink twice if this is correct. I didn't say they weren't championship calibre. I said they aren't playing like a championship calibre team at the moment. Also, if the Spurs can't hit free throws, they'll have trouble winning close games regardless who takes the floor.

I'm including whatever the schedule was. That's a 77% win clip. At that clip, if he didn't get injured, our current record would be 30-9. That's good enough for seed #3 right now, only one game behind Portland. IIRC, we only got blown out in one or two games this season, with or without Kawhi. We just haven't had him, Patty, Tony all together at once yet. We had a brutal december schedule.

This team right now isn't playing great, but it's not playing horrible either. When Kawhi was around, our defense was great, but our offense was crap. Now our offense isn't bad, but our defense is lacking. Without our top 5-6 guys healthy, we're not going to win anything, that much is clear. But so far, there's no season ending injuries, so there's nothing to panic about right now.

Hoops Czar
01-14-2015, 12:44 AM
I'm including whatever the schedule was. That's a 77% win clip. At that clip, if he didn't get injured, our current record would be 30-9. That's good enough for seed #3 right now, only one game behind Portland. IIRC, we only got blown out in one or two games this season, with or without Kawhi. We just haven't had him, Patty, Tony all together at once yet. We had a brutal december schedule.

This team right now isn't playing great, but it's not playing horrible either. When Kawhi was around, our defense was great, but our offense was crap. Now our offense isn't bad, but our defense is lacking. Without our top 5-6 guys healthy, we're not going to win anything, that much is clear. But so far, there's no season ending injuries, so there's nothing to panic about right now.

Agree and disagree. The first paragraph is completely hypothetical. You're making baseless assumptions. They weren't playing great with Leonard and the competition was soft. Other than the game against GS, I can't think of another game that flat out impressed me in all phases. It's true that injuries are the major culprit, but missed defensive assignments, bad free throw shooting, careless turnovers and a little bit of bad luck put them in this current predicament. You can't put that all on Kiwi. "Only got blown out in one or two games" is definitely taking the half glass full approach but, they haven't been blowing teams away either. Believe it or not, the competition is cut throat in the WC and the margin of error is nil. And to think the healthiest, most durable player on the court is 39 year old Tim Duncan.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-14-2015, 12:50 AM
The biggest problem is how healthy will Kawhi be when he returns? He went from needing surgery to his hand maybe being 100%? I doubt it.

No denying he's a huge help, but this team will still be poor in clutch situations and everyone else needs to step up. Kawhi fixes a lot of issues, but he can't fix the entire team who are struggling mightily all by himself.

wildchild
01-14-2015, 12:56 AM
We need the defense and rebounding much more than the scoring right now... when we get stops, we normally can score fairly easily on fast breaks... we're just not getting stops now, and that makes it difficult to play at a fast pace...

Our bigs no named Duncan should be top worst rebounding big men in the league. Tonight, Tiago...3 Diaw....2 Bonner...0.

ElNono
01-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Agree and disagree. The first paragraph is completely hypothetical. You're making baseless assumptions. They weren't playing great with Leonard and the competition was soft. Other than the game against GS, I can't think of another game that flat out impressed me in all phases. It's true that injuries are the major culprit, but missed defensive assignments, bad free throw shooting, careless turnovers and a little bit of bad luck put them in this current predicament. You can't put that all on Kiwi. "Only got blown out in one or two games" is definitely taking the half glass full approach but, they haven't been blowing teams away either. Believe it or not, the competition is cut throat in the WC and the margin of error is nil. And to think the healthiest, most durable player on the court is 39 year old Tim Duncan.

Take Kawhi's entire career winning rate if you think 22 games is a small sample. It's not much different. When Kawhi was playing, we were missing other key players (Tiago, Tony, Patty) who are now back. Missing freebies costs you much more in close games. I don't think all those games would be that close if we had a full roster, so that's debatable. We're certainly not invincible when fully healthy, but we're also not super horrible right now. As "cut throat" as you say the competition is in the West, and as "terrible" we've been playing with all the injuries and tough schedule, we're a mere 5 games away from the #3 seed, with 43 games to play and we've not yet had a full healthy roster for a single game.

Silver&Black
01-14-2015, 01:03 AM
Kiwi gets rebounds. That is all I have to say....

spurtech09
01-14-2015, 01:04 AM
plz sugar K Lenard come back soon......

Hoops Czar
01-14-2015, 01:06 AM
Take Kawhi's entire career winning rate if you think 22 games is a small sample. It's not much different. When Kawhi was playing, we were missing other key players (Tiago, Tony, Patty) who are now back. Missing freebies costs you much more in close games. I don't think all those games would be that close if we had a full roster, so that's debatable. We're certainly not invincible when fully healthy, but we're also not super horrible right now. As "cut throat" as you say the competition is in the West, and as "terrible" we've been playing with all the injuries and tough schedule, we're a mere 5 games away from the #3 seed, with 43 games to play and we've not yet had a full healthy roster for a single game.

Not arguing with you Nono but a lot of teams can make that claim. Can't worry about the players not dressed, you have to worry about the players that are actually playing. As a unit, it's not a pretty sight. 5 games to #3 seed and 3 games from #9.

ElNono
01-14-2015, 01:19 AM
Not arguing with you Nono but a lot of teams can make that claim. Can't worry about the players not dressed, you have to worry about the players that are actually playing. As a unit, it's not a pretty sight. 5 games to #3 seed and 3 games from #9.

Can they? who? Even the Thunder, who have their own struggles, had their key guys playing together for quite a few games. Bogut has played for the Warriors, IIRC. Blazers were whole through mid-December, and Lopez will likely be back by the end of January. Memphis missed ZBo for a few games, but he's back and playing. Mavs are whole. Rockets are whole. We just had tough luck with injuries this season. Hopefully it stops now. We can have some key guys sit out a game or two, but when it's 10-20 games, there will be repercussions.

I mean, the Spurs might not even peak the way they did last season, that's entire possible, and they might not be able to win it all again (winning it all it's extremely difficult, even when you're clicking. A couple of bad bounces or a shooting slump can leave you out), but right now there's no indication that we can't get the team all healthy at some point, and I think it's fair to say the only way to go is up if we get there. It doesn't mean we're going to win every game, but it does probably mean we're going to get closer to that #3 seed than that #9 seed.

spurs10
01-14-2015, 01:20 AM
We're 15-7 with Kawhi, and that's with Patty, Tony, Tiago and Marco missing for a bunch of games. We're 9-9 without him. This is a champion caliber team when everyone is healthy, period. We haven't been there yet. True. We have to remind ourselves the team that obliterated the Heat a few months ago hasn't played together this season.

dabom
01-14-2015, 01:22 AM
Hoops is just another lebron slurper. Fucking faggot.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 01:23 AM
Hoops is just another lebron slurper. Fucking faggot.

dabom
01-14-2015, 01:35 AM
Of course this faggot would down play kawhis game. KaWHi pretty much raped lebron on national tv this summer.

Hoops Czar
01-14-2015, 01:36 AM

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 01:40 AM
Of course this faggot would down play kawhis game. KaWHi pretty much raped lebron on national tv this summer.

You'd have to be an imbecile to not think Kawhi is the number 1 or 1b player in the team tbh..Smart fans agree on this tbh.

Hoops is obviously not smart, basketball wise.

HI-FI
01-14-2015, 01:47 AM
Only issue will be Kawhi's health (yes I know capt. Obvious). You know guys will take shots at his hand. He's a tough kid so as long as the injury isn't made worse, should be okay in that regard.

Least there haven't been any mentions of the tendonitis from last year, so whatever they did with that seems to have helped a lot.

Hoops Czar
01-14-2015, 01:49 AM
You'd have to be an imbecile to not think Kawhi is the number 1 or 1b player in the team tbh..Smart fans agree on this tbh.

Hoops is obviously not smart, basketball wise.

And if other players don't step up, it won't matter much. Marion, I mean Leonard can't win a championship by himself, tbh. "Teams" win championships, not individual players.

dabom
01-14-2015, 01:52 AM
pop called kawhi the face of the franchise aFTer his first year. Fuck you faggot.

Sean Cagney
01-14-2015, 01:57 AM
The biggest problem is how healthy will Kawhi be when he returns? He went from needing surgery to his hand maybe being 100%? I doubt it.

No denying he's a huge help, but this team will still be poor in clutch situations and everyone else needs to step up. Kawhi fixes a lot of issues, but he can't fix the entire team who are struggling mightily all by himself.

Agreed on all accounts.

ElNono
01-14-2015, 02:07 AM
Only issue will be Kawhi's health (yes I know capt. Obvious). You know guys will take shots at his hand. He's a tough kid so as long as the injury isn't made worse, should be okay in that regard.

Least there haven't been any mentions of the tendonitis from last year, so whatever they did with that seems to have helped a lot.

IMO, Tim has to give Kawhi one of his Punisher knee braces and adapt it to the hand... badass shit

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 02:09 AM
pop called kawhi the face of the franchise aFTer his first year. Fuck you faggot.

HI-FI
01-14-2015, 02:10 AM
IMO, Tim has to give Kawhi one of his Punisher knee braces and adapt it to the hand... badass shit
Cosigned. If Kawhi could wear an Army of Darkness type gauntlet, he'd be my all time favorite.

Hoops Czar
01-14-2015, 02:16 AM

No, he called him the FUTURE face of the franchise. Pop is a hoot though isn't he?

wildchild
01-14-2015, 02:18 AM
Other than the game against GS, I can't think of another game that flat out impressed me in all phases. It's true that injuries are the major culprit, but missed defensive assignments, bad free throw shooting, careless turnovers and a little bit of bad luck put them in this current predicament. You can't put that all on Kiwi. "Only got blown out in one or two games" is definitely taking the half glass full approach but, they haven't been blowing teams away either. Believe it or not, the competition is cut throat in the WC and the margin of error is nil.

Can't worry about the players not dressed, you have to worry about the players that are actually playing

And if other players don't step up, it won't matter much. Marion, I mean Leonard can't win a championship by himself, tbh. "Teams" win championships, not individual players

For those guys who are selective about the reality they can accept, in order to stop living in denial...Leonard's presence is vital to win.

Without him last season: Net RTG only .1
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7Rx722CMAAtMoF.png:large

Without him this season: RTG jut .0
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7RyAknCAAAluMu.png:large

The numbers are really bad and pretty similar, it's not about the team this season... last season they played bad without him, too. His absence makes a bigger negative impact than other players on the team.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 02:19 AM
For those guys who are selective about the reality they can accept, in order to stop living in denial...Leonard's presence is vital to win.

The numbers are really bad and pretty similar, it's not about the team this season... last season they played bad without him, too. His absence makes a bigger negative impact than other players on the team.

ElNono
01-14-2015, 02:20 AM
Cosigned. If Kawhi could wear an Army of Darkness type gauntlet, he'd be my all time favorite.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/272/f/5/mechanical_hand_by_redhavic-d811fc8.jpg

rasuo214
01-14-2015, 02:34 AM

If he's able to play like the 2 games that he had a "bruised" hand then the team should be fine. His only issue was 1st quarter shooting. I'm pretty sure one of those games was the one where he almost got a 5x5.

Hoops Czar
01-14-2015, 02:40 AM

You are one of the more ignorant posters on this site. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You'll have to point me to the post where I said Leonard wasn't important and didn't have an impact on the court. The Spurs aren't winning a championship without a healthy Leonard. They also aren't winning a championship without a healthy Duncan, Splitter, Green, Parker and Manu. There isn't anything to debate. If you think Leonard is going to carry the Spurs to a championship, you're the one in denial.

wildchild
01-14-2015, 03:18 AM
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You'll have to point me to the post where I said Leonard wasn't important and didn't have an impact on the court. The Spurs aren't winning a championship without a healthy Leonard.

It's not about if Kawhi is or not important, if he has an impact....it's about he's the most important, the bigger impact...Without him last regular season they had a similar record, a stretch of agonizing losses until Leonard's return.

They also aren't winning a championship without a healthy Duncan, Splitter, Green, Parker and Manu. There isn't anything to debate. If you think Leonard is going to carry the Spurs to a championship, you're the one in denial
The fact is the Spurs won the WCF with Parker on the bench, they won the semifinals with Manu playing poorly, they won with Danny's 3's weren't falling...but they couldn't win those games without Leonard playing at high level.

Facts and numbers are as they are, it's not their fault if you can't recognize Leonard as the most irreplaceable player on the team.

You are one of the more ignorant posters on this site.
You're a poster, right? So this ^ can't be true.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 03:22 AM
It's not about if Kawhi is or not important, if he has an impact....it's about he's the most important, the bigger impact...Without him last regular season they had a similar record, a stretch of agonizing losses until Leonard's return.

The fact is the Spurs won the WCF with Parker on the bench, they won the semifinals with Manu playing poor, they won with Danny's 3's wasn't falling...but they couldn't win those games without Leonard playing at high level.

Facts and numbers are as they are, it's not their fault if you can't recognize Leonard as the most irreplaceable player on the team.

Save your breath tbh...

Hoops doesn't really know much about basketball..Probably never played BB in real life

weeks
01-14-2015, 03:22 AM
At this point, he'd better, or we're in trouble

wildchild
01-14-2015, 03:26 AM
Save your breath tbh...

I know

Hoops Czar
01-14-2015, 06:02 AM

The fact is the Spurs won the WCF with Parker on the bench, they won the semifinals with Manu playing poorly, they won with Danny's 3's weren't falling...but they couldn't win those games without Leonard playing at high level.

i'm having a conversation with a dead head who doesn't understand simple English. I'm not discrediting Leonard's importance or value to the team. If you want to set place values on each player, that's your prerogative. I'm flat out telling they won't win a championship without the minions or so-called helpers, if that's how you want to play it, contributing to the just cause. Lebron didn't singlehandedly win Miami a championship in 2012. He had help from players like Miller, Battier, Allen, Chalmers. Same goes for 2013. The place setters are just as important as the meat and potatoes. And don't get caught up in the hype, Leonard played tremendous defense on Lebron in the finals but, he isn't in the same zip code in terms of talent or production.

Btw, why don't you go back and see how many of those games you quoted, in which the Spurs bench obliterated the opposing team's bench in scoring. In all of which you speak, it spoke more about the Spurs depth than anything else. All you did was call out a few names and cherry picked a few games in which they struggled, a shallow move on your part. leonard's had his moments too.

If your goal is to continue to move the goal posts 6 inches to the left every time you Quote me, mission accomplished! It's reading comprehension like yours that only further proves why so many of the big city public elementary schools in the U.S. are failing to make the grade.

Not to discount injuries in general, but the Spurs, unlike last year, are doing themselves in with missed free throws, careless turnovers and missed defensive assignments from normally sound defenders (Green, Duncan, Splitter) most of which has nothing to do with Leonard's absence. No two seasons are alike. I don't buy the regular season record with and without because the schedule was decidedly easier when he played than not this year. Heck, they weren't even impressive in the majority of those games. Last year, coupled with Leonard's injury, Green got off to a ridiculously slow start and Patty didn't emerge til mid season. But, they still beat teams they were suppose to beat.

Brazil
01-14-2015, 08:34 AM
An important, but unnoticed storyline for last year's Spurs' historic basketball(the greatest playoff team of all-time) was that Parker sat on the bench for large stretches of the playoffs..the Spurs' were statistically better when he was on the bench..he even missed game 5 of the Blazers series and the 2nd half of the OKC series, and the Spurs still won:lol..

Parker was virtually a non-factor in last year's playoffs, and Pop didn't hesitate to sit him for key stretches..I'm not sure Pop will do the same this year, unfortunately, I don't know if Parker's ego could handle 2 straight runs of not being the star..

:lol unnoticed
:lol repeating the same take over and over and over... we understood you the first time
and finally :lol @ pop giving a shit about a player's ego

Brazil
01-14-2015, 08:40 AM
Only people who did not pay attention could think that Kawhi is not the most valuable player of the Spurs since two years now...

Duncan was the best and mnost consistent player of last year PO run without a doubt but Kawhi was more important because of course he is a great player but also because we have nobody at SF position capable to bring half of what Kawhi brings in Defense department, rebounding but also for some stretches in offense. Roster lacks back up SF badly.

Kiwi is a max player in today's nba without the shadow of a doubt... only concern is health... knee, eye, hand...

heyheymymy
01-14-2015, 12:26 PM

Stop making so much sense, can't you see we're trying to panic here?

SnakeBoy
01-14-2015, 04:37 PM
it's not one or two guys for us, we need our top 4-5 guys healthy and playing... Kawhi happens to be one of them...

Well that's better than saying Kawhi fixes everything. Kawhi is needed for a chance at repeating but even with a healthy Kawhi we're doomed if we keep having to play musical chairs with our lineup. First things first, let's get healthy enough to keep Daye & Ayres off of the fucking court. Then worry about Kawhi's return.

dabom
01-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Well that's better than saying Kawhi fixes everything. Kawhi is needed for a chance at repeating but even with a healthy Kawhi we're doomed if we keep having to play musical chairs with our lineup. First things first, let's get healthy enough to keep Daye & Ayres off of the fucking court. Then worry about Kawhi's return.

Shut up faggot boy.

ElNono
01-14-2015, 05:16 PM

Well, the idea that Kawhi will fix everything is in addition to our current (healthy) roster. Then we'll need to rest some guys here and there, and of course Kawhi and some other guys will need to re-gain game shape... I just think Kiwi fixes a lot of the deficiencies we had in last night's games (rebounding especially).

Cane
01-14-2015, 05:37 PM
Without Kawhi this team is like rewatching the Richard Jefferson era tbh

Mugen
01-14-2015, 05:42 PM
He'll increase the margin for error no doubt. But the team coasting and getting the best from scrub teams every night is still worrisome tbh.

hater
01-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Without Kawhi this team is like rewatching the Richard Jefferson era tbh

you must have not watched then. The RJ spurs would get raped by good teams. this team can hold it's own, just stupid dumb mistakes and turnovers in the 4th. this team would wipe the floor with the RJ Spurs

Cane
01-14-2015, 06:16 PM
you must have not watched then. The RJ spurs would get raped by good teams. this team can hold it's own, just stupid dumb mistakes and turnovers in the 4th. this team would wipe the floor with the RJ Spurs

Yea it's not as bad but Spurs are still undersized, slow, and can't grab the damn boards like last night. Parker even came off the bench during some of those dark days

ElNono
01-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Nonostradamus, tbh... :wow

:hat

hater
01-16-2015, 10:23 PM
MVParker is back :tu

lefty
Nonostradamus, tbh... :wow

:hat
yeah, rocket science :rolleyes

loveforthegame
People still doubting what Leonard means to this team. :lol

UZER
01-16-2015, 10:24 PM
Kawhis nickname should be Pomegranate Mio

ElNono
01-16-2015, 10:26 PM

there were some doubters and skeptics in here, tbh

lefty
01-16-2015, 10:28 PM
there were some doubters and skeptics in here, tbh
That's because they are too fat and have never player basketball tbh

NASpurs
01-16-2015, 10:28 PM
ElNonostradamus :tu

Spurs9
01-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Tbh

HI-FI
01-16-2015, 10:33 PM
MVParker is back :tu

Brazil
01-16-2015, 10:34 PM

TheGreatYacht
01-16-2015, 10:44 PM
ElNono :tu

lefty
01-16-2015, 10:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqOVX8mCYAAlZ08.jpg:large

Hemotivo
01-16-2015, 10:46 PM
ElNonostradamus :tu

KL2
01-16-2015, 10:52 PM
Leonard is a top 15 player, MVP of the Spurs.

HI-FI
01-16-2015, 10:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/467334748851810304/VJsw1MaU_400x400.jpeg

Legacy
01-16-2015, 11:07 PM
He definitely motivated the rest of the team tonight. 'Bout damn time. :tu

look_at_g_shred
01-17-2015, 10:50 AM
OP doing the lords work tbh

Brazil
01-17-2015, 11:46 AM
Best part is Spurs survived without taking any risk with Kawhi. The way he came back means he could have played before.

Mouth is Bleeding
01-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Leonard is a top 15 player, MVP of the Spurs.

Top 10 tbh

DMX7
01-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Leonard is a God, but here's the thing -- he can't do it on his own. The spurs would have similar record if Tim had been out all this time and Leonard had been playing. Tim and Leonard are perfect complements to each other.

hater
01-22-2015, 10:17 PM

ElNono
01-22-2015, 10:18 PM
uh? 4-1 since he came back?

look_at_g_shred
01-22-2015, 10:19 PM
Their are blowouts every season. We got blown out numerous times last year :lmao

timtonymanu
01-22-2015, 10:19 PM
He had to cover up for the shit performance that the Big 3 put out tonight. And Diaw and Splitter as well.

Not worried.

Cloud786
02-01-2015, 02:19 AM

ElNono
02-01-2015, 02:24 AM
If this thread is getting bumped once every week or two, we're doing pretty good :lol

wildchild
02-01-2015, 02:26 AM
If this thread is getting bumped once every week or two, we're doing pretty good

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2015, 10:13 AM
If this thread is getting bumped once every week or two, we're doing pretty good :lol
Nigga they've played like once in the past week :lmao

hater
02-01-2015, 11:37 AM
:lol most overrated spur in history

hater
02-01-2015, 11:37 AM

ElNono
02-01-2015, 12:15 PM

:lol we're like 6-2 since he came back, IIRC...

Brunodf
02-01-2015, 12:38 PM

Legacy
02-03-2015, 11:37 AM
:nerd

Johnny RIngo
02-03-2015, 12:38 PM

Trade Pop/Tony for Bud/Teague.

cjw
02-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Complain all you want to about the TP contract, but at least we're not the Thunder throwing $4mm a year (for two years) at Nick Collison. Makes Bonner at the minimum this time around much easier to chew on.

For a team like the Thunder trying to desperately to stay under the tax, this doesn't seem like a way to do it. A couple of years ago, I wouldn't have batted an eye at this contract but he's 34 now and has regressed significantly.

ElNono
02-03-2015, 03:01 PM
$4m is chump change, and I would take Collison over Matty any day of the week. Not sure what that has to do with handing a 3 year/$42m deal to TP?

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 03:50 PM
$4m is chump change, and I would take Collison over Matty any day of the week. Not sure what that has to do with handing a 3 year/$42m deal to TP?
That's no where near Max money, the dude has been underpaid his whole career. Even the retards who sit in the back of the short bus know this is true.

Just wait until we max out a role player.

dabom
02-03-2015, 03:51 PM
That's no where near Max money, the dude has been underpaid his whole career. Even retards who sit in the back of the short bus know this is true.

That dam Enrique. :lol

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Since we're handing out max contracts for a couple of good games. How about that Whiteside dude? :lol

dabom
02-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Since we're handing out max contracts for a couple of good games. How about that Whiteside dude? :lol

Going toe-to-toe with the back to back champ 4 time mvp in his prime on route to a championship will do that to you. :lol

ElNono
02-03-2015, 04:00 PM
That's no where near Max money, the dude has been underpaid his whole career. Even the retards who sit in the back of the short bus know this is true.

What do you mean? That is the max allowed extension TP could've received under the current CBA.

dabom
02-03-2015, 04:01 PM
What do you mean? That is the max allowed extension TP could've received under the current CBA.

SupremeGuy
02-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Paying a player for what he did in the past is how team's go to shit, tbh.

Goddamn TGY is fucking stupid.

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Paying a player for what he did in the past is how team's go to shit, tbh.

Goddamn TGY is fucking stupid.
Says the dude who constantly gets slapped by everybody on this forum, including JKid

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Going toe-to-toe with the back to back champ 4 time mvp in his prime on route to a championship will do that to you. :lol
Spurs fans have given this dude credit for shutting down the only guy who played good :lol the whole team did their job in not allowing anyone else to go off...

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Your posse is out here acting like it's 25M a year. Chill the fuck out :lol

SupremeGuy
02-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Says the dude who constantly gets slapped by everybody on this forum, including JKidYou're such a faggot, tbh. I get that your schtick is to be a fucking dumbass, but you're taking it to a new level when you call Kawhi a role player. :lol

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 04:08 PM
You're such a faggot, tbh. I get that your schtick is to be a fucking dumbass, but you're taking it to a new level when you call Kawhi a role player. :lol
Even the league MVP agrees :lol Go do coke in Guadalupe street, you weak minded faggot

dabom
02-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Spurs fans have given this dude credit for shutting down the only guy who played good :lol the whole team did their job in not allowing anyone else to go off...

I don't think you know how basketball works. If kawhi can play him one on one for as much as possible, the greatest player in the world won't create the double and in terms will allow the team to play their guy 1vs1. If kawhi can't handle the best player in the world, you'd see the double team in which lebron can easily kick it out for an easy three or an easy dunk to a slasher. You're so stupid man. :lol The team played great because kawhi not only fucked with lebron, but also took it offensively on the heat. :lmao

SupremeGuy
02-03-2015, 04:14 PM
I don't think you know how basketball works. If kawhi can play him one on one for as much as possible, the greatest player in the world won't create the double and in terms will allow the team to play their guy 1vs1. If kawhi can't handle the best player in the world, you'd see the double team in which lebron can easily kick it out for an easy three or an easy dunk to a slasher. You're so stupid man. :lol The team played great because kawhi not only fucked with lebron, but also took it offensively on the heat. :lmao:cry but but even durant called him a role player :cry

dabom
02-03-2015, 04:14 PM
thegreatfaggot "kawhi is a role player"

""Question: What kind of season do you see Kawhi Leonard having next season? Also, where do you see him in five years?
GP: I think he’s going to be a star. And as time goes on, he’ll be the face of the Spurs I think. At both ends of the court, he is really a special player. And what makes me be so confident about him is that he wants it so badly. He wants to be a good player, I mean a great player. He comes early, he stays late, and he’s coachable, he’s just like a sponge. When you consider he’s only had one year of college and no training camp yet, you can see that he’s going to be something else."" slammagazine interviewing pop after 2012 loss to okc

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/gregg-popovich-kawhi-leonard-will-be-face-of-the-spurs/

dabom
02-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Pop envisioned Kawhi as the face of the franchise even when enrique was about to have his best season. :lol

SupremeGuy
Go do coke in Guadalupe street, you weak minded faggotmeh... maybe I'll get some on the weekend.

SupremeGuy
Pop envisioned Kawhi as the face of the franchise even when enrique was about to have his best season. :lolDamn. :lol

dabom
02-03-2015, 04:17 PM
:cry but but even durant called him a role player :cry

thegreatestfaggot doesn't know basketball. :lol

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 04:22 PM
I don't think you know how basketball works. If kawhi can play him one on one for as much as possible, the greatest player in the world won't create the double and in terms will allow the team to play their guy 1vs1. If kawhi can't handle the best player in the world, you'd see the double team in which lebron can easily kick it out for an easy three or an easy dunk to a slasher. You're so stupid man. :lol The team played great because kawhi not only fucked with lebron, but also took it offensively on the heat. :lmao
Did you watch the series retard? :lol Wade was playing great throughout the playoffs, that was until Green put a stop to it. Did Kawhi influence that? Bosh had a garbage series besides that late shot to give SA their only L. Did Kawhi affect that too? Lewis torched Indiana, Diaw manhandled him so bad he was an MVP candidate. Did Kawhi have anything to with that? Chalmers got benched :lol Why was that? Our bench always gave us great production and handled everyone on the other team fairly well besides Allen.

Point is, it was a team effort. But you and Apalifaggot for some reason keep thinking it was Kawhi vs Lebron the whole fucking time... :lol

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 04:25 PM
For some reason being compared to Marion gets all of you in your emotions :( Shawn was a great player lol. Keep thinking Kawhi is Pippen and you'll be disappointed :rollin

SupremeGuy
02-03-2015, 04:26 PM
thegreatestfaggot doesn't know basketball. :lolHe truly has some of the shittiest takes on ST.

I can't tell who's worse: Avante and his RW takes or TGF and his Kawhi takes. These fuckers have to be trolling, right?

dabom
02-03-2015, 04:32 PM
He truly has some of the shittiest takes on ST.

I can't tell who's worse: Avante and his RW takes or TGF and his Kawhi takes. These fuckers have to be trolling, right?

I commend their trolling skills though. :toast Those faggots never give up.

rasuo214
02-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Did you watch the series retard? :lol Wade was playing great throughout the playoffs, that was until Green put a stop to it. Did Kawhi influence that? Bosh had a garbage series besides that late shot to give SA their only L. Did Kawhi affect that too? Lewis torched Indiana, Diaw manhandled him so bad he was an MVP candidate. Did Kawhi have anything to with that? Chalmers got benched :lol Why was that? Our bench always gave us great production and handled everyone on the other team fairly well besides Allen.

Point is, it was a team effort. But you and Apalifaggot for some reason keep thinking it was Kawhi vs Lebron the whole fucking time... :lol

Apparently you didn't watch the series because you keep quoting the same stat line as if it actually means anything...

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Apparently you didn't watch the series because you keep quoting the same stat line as if it actually means anything...
But you live vicariously through the +/- stat though...

rasuo214
02-03-2015, 06:51 PM
But you live vicariously through the +/- stat though...

No I don't and I sure as fuck don't spam the same thing in numerous threads. You can't even come up with your own material for your trolling.

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 07:02 PM
No I don't and I sure as fuck don't spam the same thing in numerous threads. You can't even come up with your own material for your trolling.
You posted the same flawed +/- stat about Parker like 10 times, wtf are you talking about :lmao

+/- ... :rollin

rasuo214
02-03-2015, 07:16 PM
You posted the same flawed +/- stat about Parker like 10 times, wtf are you talking about :lmao

+/- ... :rollin

You high bro? Link to those 10 times I posted about Parker's +/-.

ohmwrecker
02-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Good thread. A-Team posters.

hater
02-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Lolz

dabom
02-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Kawhi was the only one defending tbh. Having enrique is like a domino effect on the defense.

look_at_g_shred
02-08-2015, 09:32 PM
lol if kawhi was still hurt we'd lose by 20+

hater
02-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Lol max level player :lol

dabom
02-08-2015, 09:33 PM
lol if kawhi was still hurt we'd lose by 20+

:lol true tbh. Can parker fake an injury atleast until playoffs?

TheGreatYacht
02-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Kawhi was the only one defending tbh. Having enrique is like a domino effect on the defense.
James Johnson 8/10 :lmao
Harlem get in this, save what's left of your bus...

dabom
02-08-2015, 09:38 PM
thegreatfaggot an incognito cavs fan. :lmao

dabom
02-08-2015, 09:39 PM
You are officially done. Slayed another person in ST. :lmao

6ft under. :lmao

ElNono
02-08-2015, 09:39 PM
:lol I don't get the bump? we're 8-3 since he came back... 23-10 overall this season when he's played...

TheGreatYacht
02-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Short bus crashed on 410 - cause: Driver took a "leave of absence"

Clipper Nation
02-08-2015, 09:45 PM
:lmao "Joestradamus"

timtonymanu
02-08-2015, 09:51 PM
:lol Enrique fans desperate to take the hate off their favorite player

dabom
02-08-2015, 09:51 PM
:lmao "Joestradamus"

ElNono
02-12-2015, 11:52 AM
9-3 since his return... 24-10 overall this season... 9-9 when he doesn't play...

This kid is pretty good, tbh...

SupremeGuy
02-12-2015, 11:57 AM
:lmao "Joestradamus"Not going to lie, that's some funny shit. :lmao

dabom
02-12-2015, 12:48 PM
9-3 since his return... 24-10 overall this season... 9-9 when he doesn't play...

The kid gives you a steal or rebound right when you need one. :lobt2:

Leetonidas
02-12-2015, 01:06 PM
I have to be the only person on ST whose two favorite players (excluding Duncan for obvious reasons) are Parker/Leonard.. :lol

hater
02-12-2015, 01:09 PM

3-3 vs teams > 50% since his return = mas o menos

hater
02-12-2015, 01:13 PM
btw we are 13-5 since our MVP (MVParker) came back

not too shabby, tbh....

ElNono
02-12-2015, 01:13 PM

*** WRECKED ***

ElNono
02-12-2015, 01:16 PM
*** WRECKED ***

hater
02-12-2015, 01:16 PM
13-5 since Parker's return... 27-12 overall this season.... 6-7 when he doesn't play

WRECKED.... ***

ElNono
02-12-2015, 01:20 PM
You mean we're is 3-2 since Tony's return when Kawhi doesn't play? :lmao

*** WRECKED ***

hater
02-12-2015, 01:21 PM
*** WRECKED ***

ElNono
02-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Actually, we're 10-3 since Kiwi's return... GOAT...

ElNono
02-12-2015, 01:22 PM
*** WRECKED ***

dabom
02-12-2015, 01:23 PM

*** WRECKED ***

dabom
Actually, we're 10-3 since Kiwi's return... GOAT...

ElNono
13-5 since Parker's return... 27-12 overall this season.... 6-7 when he doesn't play

http://media.katu.com/images/100805_school_bus_crash.jpg

dabom
02-12-2015, 01:24 PM

:wakeup

dabom
02-12-2015, 01:26 PM
*** WRECKED ***

dabom
02-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Didhater just commit suicide? :lmao

Cry Havoc
02-12-2015, 01:45 PM
One of the best things Kawhi gives us is the flexibility and utility on defense to give other teams fits. Danny Green is great at shutting guards down, but he's not nearly as good at containing larger players. With Danny at the 2 and Kawhi at the 3, we can shut down just about any wing combo in the league. It makes Pop's bizarre rotations look a lot more intelligent as well. :hat

ElNono
02-12-2015, 02:34 PM
One of the best things Kawhi gives us is the flexibility and utility on defense to give other teams fits. Danny Green is great at shutting guards down, but he's not nearly as good at containing larger players. With Danny at the 2 and Kawhi at the 3, we can shut down just about any wing combo in the league. It makes Pop's bizarre rotations look a lot more intelligent as well. :hat

His rebounding is phenomenal, which is key since Tim has had no legs since December, tbh

hater
02-12-2015, 02:44 PM

:lol short bus :tu

hater
02-12-2015, 02:46 PM
http://www.schoolbusdriver.org/image3.jpg

Kool Bob Love
02-23-2015, 11:33 PM
:rollin

spurraider21
02-23-2015, 11:35 PM
*** WRECKED ***

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2015, 11:40 PM

ElNono
02-23-2015, 11:40 PM

Max player, I am disappoint :depressed

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2015, 11:43 PM

Max player, I am disappoint :depressed
It's all good my nigg

ElNono
02-23-2015, 11:44 PM
It's all good my nigg

I know... I've been wrong before... I just wanted to believe, tbh... :cry

Mugen
02-23-2015, 11:45 PM
f'n Nono.

spurraider21
02-23-2015, 11:45 PM
Believe.

ElNono
02-23-2015, 11:46 PM
Ya'll feel free to give up on Kiwi and this team, tbh... It's not over until Enrique sings, and if I gotta go down with the ship, so be it...

Kool Bob Love
02-23-2015, 11:47 PM

As a Spurs fan I'm just not happy you weren't max money wrong.

spurraider21
02-23-2015, 11:47 PM
Ya'll feel free to give up on Kiwi and this team, tbh... It's not over until Enrique sings, and if I gotta go down with the ship, so be it...

ElNono
02-23-2015, 11:49 PM
As a Spurs fan I'm just not happy you weren't max money wrong.

I've said before I don't think Kawhi is a max player, but it doesn't matter. The Spurs will end up paying the max to him because some team will offer the max, and the Spurs will have to match not to end up empty handed.

So for all intents and purposes, he will be a max player.

hater
02-24-2015, 10:46 AM
*** WRECKED ***

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Last year's regular season:

http://i59.tinypic.com/154ktbt.png

Last year's playoffs:

http://i62.tinypic.com/vsni52.jpg

ElNono
03-12-2015, 02:00 PM
well, haters haven't bumped his thread in a while :lol

San Antonio played 17 games in December and January without Leonard, who was out with an injury to one of his massive hands. The Spurs were 8-9 in those games, and are 15-7 since Leonard returned. That, on the other hand, is no fluke.

hater
03-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Parker finally 100%

WRECKED

ElNono
03-12-2015, 03:41 PM

hater
03-12-2015, 08:22 PM

:lol :tu

hater
03-18-2015, 09:18 AM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/666/_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

ElNono
03-18-2015, 01:07 PM
:lol only 2 losses (both in OT) in the last 8 games or so... what's this bump about?

hater
03-18-2015, 03:08 PM
:lol only 2 losses (both in OT) in the last 8 games or so... what's this bump about?

:tu

manigga.ppt

Kool Bob Love
06-22-2015, 09:54 PM
well, haters haven't bumped his thread in a while :lol

San Antonio played 17 games in December and January without Leonard, who was out with an injury to one of his massive hands. The Spurs were 8-9 in those games, and are 15-7 since Leonard returned. That, on the other hand, is no fluke.

http://youtu.be/uT1gEOooIw8

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2015, 10:04 PM
http://youtu.be/uT1gEOooIw8

DPG21920
06-22-2015, 10:06 PM
Looking back, it is bleeping incredible how much luck is involved in winning. I mean, holy cow, can you imagine if HOU snags Kawhi at 14?

Or someone like CHA takes him. The fact he got to SA and didn't end up somewhere else directly impacted that NBA more than almost any other move. Incredible.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Looking back, it is bleeping incredible how much luck is involved in winning. I mean, holy cow, can you imagine if HOU snags Kawhi at 14?

Or someone like CHA takes him. The fact he got to SA and didn't end up somewhere else directly impacted that NBA more than almost any other move. Incredible.
Crazy draft, tbqh.

Spurs picked Cory Joseph with the 29th pick, and the pick after was Jimmy Butler... Also could've had Chandler Parsons or Isiah Thomas

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2015, 11:16 PM

:rollin

ElNono
06-23-2015, 01:44 AM
He'll keep getting better, tbh.... not worried about Kawhi... :hat

Brunodf
06-23-2015, 06:17 PM
:depressed

therealtruth
06-23-2015, 09:48 PM
Kawhi got knocked to the ground. Blatant foul but they never call that. I don't know why Pop couldn't have gone with a Patty or Marco 3. Let's see. Go with a near impossible play or get a shot at the basket. Tough decision. It might take a coach of the century to figure that out.