PDA

View Full Version : Cojo needs the handle the ball to be effective...

ElNono
01-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Which really diminishes what he can do on the team now that Tony and Patty are back. Up to an extent, Patty can play off the ball, spacing, but with Tony or Manu, he becomes almost useless...

I'm starting to think that the way this team is currently constructed, and since the Spurs showcased him in the 1st half of the season, they might be able to get something of value for him in a trade...

RD2191
01-13-2015, 10:13 PM
Cojo plays great with mills, imo.

ElNono
01-13-2015, 10:16 PM
Cojo plays great with mills, imo.

Yeah, but he's gonna be playing with either Tony or Manu... that's just our rotation... Pop tried to play him with both tonight, and it just doesn't work. When he's the primary PG (and Patty plays SG), then it works. But that setup won't get a lot of time, and will likely play very limited minutes in the playoffs.

TheGreatYacht
01-13-2015, 10:16 PM
Maybe Manu should start as a SF, and let Cojo/Mills do their thing. At least until Kawhi comes back

ElNono
01-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Maybe Manu should start as a SF, and let Cojo/Mills do their thing. At least until Kawhi comes back

He won't. He's the playmaker in that 2nd unit. That's why with Patty's return and Tony's return, there's gonna be limited minutes for Cojo to handle the rock.

Robz4000
01-13-2015, 10:20 PM
Trade Enrique

Malik Hairston
01-13-2015, 10:22 PM
It has been evident for a while, tbh..

As much as Joseph has improved as a player, there's really only 1 role he can play on a team IMO..he's a more efficient version of Jarrett Jack..

ElNono
01-13-2015, 10:28 PM
I like Cojo... I actually like him more this season than previous, but he doesn't look like a good fit here... it's not like he sucks or has no talent, it's just going to be complicated for the Spurs to find time for him or re-sign him for cheap