4 Games

22.75 MPG

15-41 FG (36%)

9 PPG

1.5 Reb/G

1.5 AST/G

3 TO/G

Against DET, PHO, MIN, and WAS.

AT THE DEEPEST POSITION IN THE LEAGUE. THIS IS THE GUY WE'RE PAYING 46M OVER THE NEXT 3 YEARS.

Will he be a replacement level player by the middle of his extension?

Malik Hairston
01-13-2015, 10:34 PM
:lmao..

ElNono
01-13-2015, 10:35 PM
It's not pretty right now, but it's still early... I mean, we better root for him to get better, because we're going to need anything he can give us, tbh...

lefty
01-13-2015, 10:35 PM
Run, OP, run

http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

Johnny RIngo
01-13-2015, 10:38 PM
Against DET, PHO, MIN, and WAS.

WAS - 9th in DRtg
DET - 15th in DRtg
PHO - 19th in DRtg
MIN - 30th in DRtg

Most worrying is that these aren't even good defensive teams and he still looked shitty against all of them.

benstanfield
01-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Run, OP, run

http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

:lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2311153-predicting-next-wave-of-nbas-stretch-provision-candidates

FkLA
01-13-2015, 10:44 PM
Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) hater (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7609) EVAY (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4443) Cry Havoc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7256)

FkLA
01-13-2015, 10:45 PM
:lol 1.5 apg

Ditty
01-13-2015, 10:50 PM
He will get it together by the rodeo road trip.

lefty
01-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) hater (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7609) EVAY (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4443) Cry Havoc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7256)

Nathan89
01-13-2015, 11:13 PM
Front office had to have made some promise in the past about his next contract and gave it to him before there would be no justification for giving it to him. At least that's what I would like to think.

Budkin
01-13-2015, 11:23 PM
He's still injured tbh

FkLA
01-13-2015, 11:24 PM
He's still injured tbh

Yeah, that's why he played the most minutes on the team tonight. :rolleyes

apalisoc_9
01-13-2015, 11:26 PM
Yeah, that's why he played the most minutes on the team tonight. :rolleyes

you're mad now, watch him ignore Kawhi when MVP returns...

It's going to be worse...

ducks
01-13-2015, 11:33 PM
Manu had 2 turnovers under 5 in game

Cry Havoc
01-14-2015, 12:50 AM
You know what's funny? Spurstalk regular season meltdown threads. :lmao

You know what else is funny? People who think they know about basketball after joining the Spurs bandwagon in 2013. :lol

Em-City
01-14-2015, 01:30 AM
it's funny how elnono was once a shit-stirring subtle jab-thrower, and is now forced to be a unifying voice in a forum that's turned into a complete wasteland

SpurPadre
01-14-2015, 01:42 AM
Looking at the real plus minus numbers, TP is 75th out of 80 eligible PG in the league with a -3.93 while CoJo is 21st with +1.27. There's no denying TP has had a bad season marred by injury and there has been a declining trend in his numbers but you have to think his contribution to the team will improve as the season moves forward and he gets in a better rhythm.

rmt
01-14-2015, 01:45 AM
Troubling stats - especially at that contract. Hopefully he'll get back to all-star level this season so Spurs can repeat. He can then fall off a cliff when TD and Manu retire.

Pauleta14
01-14-2015, 01:45 AM
it's funny how elnono was once a shit-stirring subtle jab-thrower, and is now forced to be a unifying voice in a forum that's turned into a complete wasteland

This.

HI-FI
01-14-2015, 01:56 AM
I'm sure Parker will get better and put up numbers as he deals with the hammy. Real issue has always been his ego, like complaining of his hammy yet shooting 6/23, stealing the spotlight from others etc... That's what gives me pause. Hopefully Pop can pull him if he's doing that shit again since both Patty and CoJo are good in their own way. If they can use Parker in spurts he could be helpful imo.

ElNono
01-14-2015, 02:05 AM

This.

Because my alleged "hate" for Tony is vastly overrated... yeah, I poke fun here and there, but it has always been good-intentioned... I've reserved the actual trolling for downstairs...

I love Tony, I love this team... how could you not? They gave us a LOBT just 6 months ago... can't be so short-sighted.

Brazil
01-14-2015, 06:15 AM

not sure what the fuck you don't understand... I already said 100 times he fucking sucks so far this year... he continues to suck since he came back. At this point he is not even by any metrics an average nba player... what else do you want from me ?

dabom
01-14-2015, 06:16 AM
not sure what the fuck you don't understand... I already said 100 times he fucking sucks so far this year... he continues to suck since he came back. At this point he is not even by any metrics an average nba player... what else do you want from me ?

:lmao

Stop bro. I can't stop laughing. Everyone's just fucking with you now.

Brazil
01-14-2015, 06:24 AM

Stop bro. I can't stop laughing. Everyone's just fucking with you now.

Damn... fuck... you sure ?

dabom
01-14-2015, 06:58 AM
Damn... fuck... you sure ?

Pretty

DarrinS
01-14-2015, 07:34 AM
If he's at rock bottom, doesn't that mean he'll only improve from now on?

dabom
01-14-2015, 07:45 AM
If he's at rock bottom, doesn't that mean he'll only improve from now on?

Who said he was at rock bottom?

Brazil
01-14-2015, 08:22 AM
Pretty

wow... not nice

Perry Mason
01-14-2015, 08:40 AM
Premature ejaculation thread. Tony is playing poorly. But 10 posts every game by the same handful of posters shows trolling or obsession. TP is improving his speed every game, which is the core improvement needed. In a month, I am hopeful that he will be at least as fast as he was in 2014 when he was clicking, but who knows.

Some of you younger, less experienced posters need to stop, unless you are just whoring for attention. Any valuable posters on this site are being driven away. A forum is not just a place to whore yourself for attention like some resurrected MySpace.

Right now TP to me has a confidence problem and is forcing things a bit. At the same time, like Derrick Rose, he seems to be favoring his hamstring and is overly cautious in turning on the jets -- hence the two blocks by Humphries last night.

Pocho La Pantera
01-14-2015, 09:33 AM
Bashing your own players like hater an TGY do is just lame.

Harry Callahan
01-14-2015, 10:34 AM
His conditioning is off right now. He runs a tremendous amount when he is right and the offense is right.

I thought he looked a little better last night, but he is by no means at 100% and fully functioning like he has in the past.

Expert
01-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Lots of faggotry itt

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 12:43 PM
I agree he has lost a step from his prime, but he's not 100% healthy and in shape either, so I'd say these stats are not indicative of what he's still capable of. What would you do if you were Pop? Just sit him and not use him at all? It's easy to be an internet coach, where there are no actual decisions to be made...
In the month of November, he played every game, was healthy, and put up 16.7ppg & 5.9 apg while shooting FGs @ 50% and 3ptFGs @ 55.6%. The Spurs were 11-3 for that month. You can't just ignore those numbers while focusing on his post-injury/rusty games.

lefty
01-14-2015, 12:44 PM
The excuses

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 12:57 PM
The excuses

I agree he has lost a step from his prime...

In the month of November, he played every game, was healthy, and put up 16.7ppg & 5.9 apg while shooting FGs @ 50% and 3ptFGs @ 55.6%. The Spurs were 11-3 for that month. You can't just ignore those numbers while focusing on his post-injury/rusty games.

No excuses, just facts.

Johnny RIngo
01-14-2015, 01:06 PM
I agree he has lost a step from his prime, but he's not 100% healthy and in shape either, so I'd say these stats are not indicative of what he's still capable of. What would you do if you were Pop? Just sit him and not use him at all? It's easy to be an internet coach, where there are no actual decisions to be made...

Conveniently ignoring the fact that Leonard played all of November. Of course the team's record will be good when their MVP was healthy for all of that month. The team needs Kawhi a lot more than it needs Enrique.

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:15 PM
Conveniently ignoring the fact that Leonard played all of November. Of course the team's record will be good when their MVP was healthy for all of that month. The team needs Kawhi a lot more than it needs Enrique.

I'm not ignoring it at all. Yeah, teams are better when everyone's healthy. I never said Parker was more valuable than Kawhi either. Kawhi's clearly the most important guy on the team now, but you're so eager to disparage Parker that you imagine people are saying things they're not saying.

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:21 PM
Here's another thing: don't you guys think Pop has noticed all of this too? He changed the offensive strategy from pounding it inside to Duncan to letting Parker penetrate more at one point, and now he has changed it from Parker taking the most shots to more ball movement/spacing/ 3 pt shooting. Some of you guys act like you see things that everyone else is somehow missing. Also, the idea that a guy known for quickness is losing some speed approaching age 33 is not surprising at all. Earlier in the season when he was healthy, Parker was shooting more threes per game than his average the past five years... it makes sense.

Johnny RIngo
01-14-2015, 01:27 PM
I'm not ignoring it at all. Yeah, teams are better when everyone's healthy. I never said Parker was more valuable than Kawhi either. Kawhi's clearly the most important guy on the team now, but you're so eager to disparage Parker that you imagine people are saying things they're not saying.

But everybody wasn't healthy. The key difference between the Spurs playing well in November and then playing terrible afterwards is Kawhi. Attributing that 11-3 record to Enrique is giving him too much credit. IIRC, his On-Off numbers weren't even that great back then either.

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:31 PM
But everybody wasn't healthy. The key difference between the Spurs playing well in November and then playing terrible afterwards is Kawhi. Attributing that 11-3 record to Enrique is giving him too much credit. IIRC, his On-Off numbers weren't even that great back then either.

Again, I didn't "attribute" anything to him. I simply pointed out that you can't cherry-pick stats to make an argument. The reason the Spurs have been so great for so long is that they are capable of looking at the big picture and making rational decisions... too many people here respond emotionally to losses with so-and-so sucks, trade him, rebuild the team! What do you propose Pop should do? Put Parker at the end of the bench, and never play him?

Johnny RIngo
01-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Some more stats about TP's return. Here's Parker'a Offensive Rating and Defensive Rating for the month of January:

68 - ORtg
107 - DRtg

That ORtg is scary bad for a starting point guard.

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Some more stats about TP's return. Here's Parker'a Offensive Rating and Defensive Rating for the month of January:

68 - ORtg
107 - DRtg

That ORtg is scary bad for a starting point guard.

Ho hum. Cherry picking stats again. What do propose Pop should do? Play Parker less than Ayres?

Johnny RIngo
01-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Again, I didn't "attribute" anything to him. I simply pointed out that you can't cherry-pick stats to make an argument. The reason the Spurs have been so great for so long is that they are capable of looking at the big picture and making rational decisions... too many people here respond emotionally to losses with so-and-so sucks, trade him, rebuild the team! What do you propose Pop should do? Put Parker at the end of the bench, and never play him?

The only one cherry-picking stats was you:

"In the month of November, he played every game, was healthy, and put up 16.7ppg & 5.9 apg while shooting FGs @ 50% and 3ptFGs @ 55.6%. The Spurs were 11-3 for that month. You can't just ignore those numbers"

lol only talking about November
lol ignoring the months when Kawhi was out with injury

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Here's how I view it: The Spurs re-signed their effective back up PG for a good salary and are developing Cojo (a guy many people here on Spurstalk said was shit just a few months ago) beautifully. They're also focusing on more offensive involvement for Kawhi (when healthy) and more ball movement. Seems pretty smart to me.

Johnny RIngo
01-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Ho hum. Cherry picking stats again. What do propose Pop should do? Play Parker less than Ayres?

The thread is titled Parker's stats since "returning". Those numbers were pertinent to the current discussion. If you want to make a "Tony Parker was awesome in the month of November" thread, you're free to do so.

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:40 PM
Do you want to propose anything, or do you just like complaining?

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:41 PM
The take here seems to predominantly be "Parker is aging and I'm enraged by that." It's kinda stupid.

lefty
01-14-2015, 01:45 PM
The take here seems to predominantly be "Parker is aging and I'm enraged by that." It's kinda stupid.
No the take here is "Parker is an overrated selfish jealous piece of shit phaggot"

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:46 PM
The thread is titled Parker's stats since "returning". Those numbers were pertinent to the current discussion. If you want to make a "Tony Parker was awesome in the month of November" thread, you're free to do so.

I agree he has lost a step from his prime, but he's not 100% healthy and in shape either

I already addressed it.

Johnny RIngo
01-14-2015, 01:48 PM
What would I do? Not play Parker against playoff teams until Kawhi returns. You can get away with playing him against bottom feeders like Minny but the negative impact is too much to overcome against a competent opponent. We beat the Wizards quite easily last week without Parker stepping on the court. Ball movement was awesome - Cojo/Patty both looked great. Parker comes back and just ruins the chemistry last night. Horrendous on defense and a ballstopper on the other end. Pop should have rested him last night and then played him against Charlotte tonight.

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:48 PM
No the take here is "Parker is an overrated selfish jealous piece of shit phaggot"

I imagine Patty, Cojo, Timmy, and RC reading this on spurstalk and thinking, "wow, some of our fans really suck."

lefty
01-14-2015, 01:53 PM
I imagine Patty, Cojo, Timmy, and RC reading this on spurstalk and thinking, "wow, some of our fans really suck."

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:54 PM
What would I do? Not play Parker against playoff teams until Kawhi returns. You can get away with playing him against bottom feeders like Minny but the negative impact is too much to overcome against a competent opponent. We beat the Wizards quite easily last week without Parker stepping on the court. Ball movement was awesome - Cojo/Patty both looked great. Parker comes back and just ruins the chemistry last night. Horrendous on defense and a ballstopper on the other end. Pop should have rested him last night and then played him against Charlotte tonight.

I agree with having a three-pronged approach to the PG position-- it's a luxury most teams don't have. The one very positive impact of Parker's injury has definitely been the improvement of Cojo. But a healthy Parker shooting 50+% is not something to be ignored in many match up situations either.

Mr Bones
01-14-2015, 01:56 PM

Nothing says I'm a grown up capable of intelligent discussion quite like an LOL Laffy Emoticon.

Raven
01-14-2015, 02:24 PM
he's been predictable on the offensive end, that's what has been hurting us the most, he is also playing pick and roll with timmy too much. He has also been bad defensively. He'll be better in a month imo, he is moving fine.

lefty
01-14-2015, 02:37 PM
Nothing says I'm a grown up capable of intelligent discussion quite like an LOL Laffy Emoticon.
:rollin

Horse
01-14-2015, 04:01 PM
He is slowly improving group can see it game by game. Gonna need him.

Em-City
01-14-2015, 06:35 PM
Because my alleged "hate" for Tony is vastly overrated... yeah, I poke fun here and there, but it has always been good-intentioned... I've reserved the actual trolling for downstairs...

I love Tony, I love this team... how could you not? They gave us a LOBT just 6 months ago... can't be so short-sighted.

can we have a "player-bashing" section, and a section where we actually discuss spurs basketball.

Mods would need to move threads/posts on a regular basis.

benstanfield
01-15-2015, 12:49 AM
:lol Shit takes
:madrun:madrun:madrun"BNSF"

weeks
01-15-2015, 01:40 AM
Look on the bright side fellas. It's nowhere but up for tp9 at this point.

Mr Bones
01-15-2015, 02:28 AM
can we have a "player-bashing" section, and a section where we actually discuss spurs basketball.

Mods would need to move threads/posts on a regular basis.

Great idea. How is it the best run organization in the NBA has so many half-wit ingrates as fans who think the organization is completely clueless? It's unbelievable.

hater
01-15-2015, 10:14 AM
and to think if not for the thrown game 2 and the 8 turnovers in game 6 in 2013, MVParker would have another Finals MVP to his collection.

ce la vie :lol

unleashbaynes
01-15-2015, 10:20 AM
The only one cherry-picking stats was you:

"In the month of November, he played every game, was healthy, and put up 16.7ppg & 5.9 apg while shooting FGs @ 50% and 3ptFGs @ 55.6%. The Spurs were 11-3 for that month. You can't just ignore those numbers"

lol only talking about November
lol ignoring the months when Kawhi was out with injury

If the team was 11-3 for that stretch then he certainly wasn't hurting them.....if Parker and PGs are really so unimportant then why complain about them......their level if play literally has no effect on the outcome of any games.....

Maddog
01-15-2015, 10:47 AM
He is slowly improving group can see it game by game. Gonna need him.

Last night I started seeing it.
When he is healthy and playing well, teams have to adjust for him. He started out bad, but came around. Still doesn't look completely healthy

Cry Havoc
01-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Great idea. How is it the best run organization in the NBA has so many half-wit ingrates as fans who think the organization is completely clueless? It's unbelievable.

Because it's "edgy", it makes them feel special, and they think imitating 4chan is the key to being cool on the internet.

Chinook
01-15-2015, 01:21 PM
I don't know how a healthy Parker (meaning something closer to MVParker) would fit into the current Spurs. The team simply doesn't need him to dominate the ball as much as it used to, to the extent that Parker doing so will end up hurting the team's efficiency. However, it's obvious that Tony will need to get to that kind of level for times where the ball-movement gets taken away.

I seriously wonder what kind of contract Parker would have gotten had he been allowed to play out the year. I'm thinking a $40M/4 would have been fair for both sides. That would have given the Spurs a max slot this summer. Just a queer situation all around.

Diego20
01-15-2015, 01:33 PM
Premature ejaculation thread. Tony is playing poorly. But 10 posts every game by the same handful of posters shows trolling or obsession. TP is improving his speed every game, which is the core improvement needed. In a month, I am hopeful that he will be at least as fast as he was in 2014 when he was clicking, but who knows.

Some of you younger, less experienced posters need to stop, unless you are just whoring for attention. Any valuable posters on this site are being driven away. A forum is not just a place to whore yourself for attention like some resurrected MySpace.

Right now TP to me has a confidence problem and is forcing things a bit. At the same time, like Derrick Rose, he seems to be favoring his hamstring and is overly cautious in turning on the jets -- hence the two blocks by Humphries last night.

163 posts about TP so far..

hater
01-15-2015, 01:42 PM
I don't know how a healthy Parker (meaning something closer to MVParker) would fit into the current Spurs. The team simply doesn't need him to dominate the ball as much as it used to, to the extent that Parker doing so will end up hurting the team's efficiency. However, it's obvious that Tony will need to get to that kind of level for times where the ball-movement gets taken away.

I seriously wonder what kind of contract Parker would have gotten had he been allowed to play out the year. I'm thinking a $40M/4 would have been fair for both sides. That would have given the Spurs a max slot this summer. Just a queer situation all around.

yeah, we sure have no use for a low 4th quarter turnover starting PG :lol

Diego20
01-15-2015, 01:44 PM
yeah, we sure have no use for a low 4th quarter turnover starting PG :lol

No turnovers in the 4th quarter means nothing when you play no D and barely play O (Enrique).

hater
01-15-2015, 01:49 PM
"we have no use for a starting PG" - short bus rider

"but we're barely clinging to the 7th seed" - smart spur fan

"no worries Kawhi will come in and his D will take us to the top of the league" - short bus rider

":facepalm" - smart spurfan

pgardn
01-15-2015, 03:21 PM

He is still one of two penetrators that must be dealt with in the half court. we lose either him or Manu, things get very tough. Every Spurs fan should appreciate the options Tony gives us. No, he does not have to be dominant on the ball anymore, but I sure like knowing when the clock is running down we have 2 guys that cause problems for the other team.
And he is getting his speed back. Learning how he will fit in exactly when KL returns will be important.

These posters that say we don't need him are delusional. He is still the fastest guy with the ball on our team that is an accelerator. He can stop/start better than anyone we have. Manu does this very well with ball fakes but he is not as quick.

Any Spurs fan has got to see this.

The he extension is done with just like Tiago. If they both are deemed to be sitting on fat contacts then we all have a problem.

And yet again I say, no way we win a title without a healthy team that includes Parker.

This is Coming from a guy who chunks projectiles at the screen when he lays on the floor after missing a layup, or continually grabs his round head every time he gets smacked on that spherical thing atop his neck.

cd98
01-15-2015, 03:42 PM
I'm amazed that people here in S.A. struggle to see the impact of a player like Parker when fully healthy. Every other team in the league would be happy to take him off our hands. Why wouldn't we want a point guard with a good midrange game and a great finisher in the paint? Excuse me, an elite finisher in the paint. Every time he gets in the lane, he breaks down the defense, which allows for an advantage in the Spurs passing game. Same with Manu. The Spurs haven't gone away from a guard penetration system. That's what they do the last few minutes of every quarter, and sprinkled throughout the game. And when the shot clock starts to tick down, keep your eye on what they do...big comes and sets a screen and Parker and Manu create offense off those screens. They are two of the best in the league at doing it. We have struggled without Parker as a threat. Once he is healthy, and Kawhi is back, we will be a lethal team. You can't bag on a guy with a bad hamstring. Those injuries take time and you have to be really careful not to reinjure. His stats are down because he's rusty, injured, and playing limited minutes to avoid reinjurying his hamstring.

Malik Hairston
01-15-2015, 04:09 PM
Amazed that people are still ignoring how poor Parker played in last year's playoffs, tbh..

I do agree that the Spurs need 1 of Manu or Parker to be effective to win the championship, thankfully Manu had a dominant run last year, and it looks like he has much more left in the tank than Parker does..

Parker just hasn't been anything more than a hit or miss, above average player since game 6 of the 2013 Finals..he had an above average regular season, last year, and a mediocre playoff run..

Pauleta14
01-15-2015, 04:12 PM

:lol Come on, you have +10k posts and still trolling (?), drunk or your hate blinds you buddy...

If you think we don't need his penetrations, +50% shooting, knowledge of systems, ball handling... well... :lol

Malik Hairston
01-15-2015, 04:14 PM
I wonder if Phoenix would package Dragic in a deal for Parker, tbh..probably not, but it would be worth exploring..

Pauleta14
01-15-2015, 04:14 PM
Amazed that people are still ignoring how poor Parker played in last year's playoffs, tbh..

I do agree that the Spurs need 1 of Manu or Parker to be effective to win the championship, thankfully Manu had a dominant run last year, and it looks like he has much more left in the tank than Parker does..

Parker just hasn't been anything more than a hit or miss, above average player since game 6 of the 2013 Finals..he had an above average regular season, last year, and a mediocre playoff run..

Stop trying to re-write history, you're making a fool of yourself...

Malik Hairston
01-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Stop trying to re-write history, you're making a fool of yourself...

The numbers speak for themselves, I didn't create them:lol..

cd98
01-15-2015, 04:26 PM

It's funny because I remember a clip of Coach Pop telling Parker how good he was playing during the playoffs. Of course, you are probably one of the posters that wants to fire Pop as well. And just so you know, the entire Spurs system has made players hit or miss. Tim Duncan is hit or miss and he is one of the best big men in the game to this day and can still dial up a 28 point 14 rebound game, when asked. But often he gets less than 30 minutes and 12 shots. The offense doesn't obligate that any one player average 20 points. If you're open and in a good rhythm, you get the shots except that Parker and Manu are assigned to create when the shot clock starts running low.

Pauleta14
01-15-2015, 04:33 PM
The numbers speak for themselves, I didn't create them:lol..

We don't beat the mavs without him, he destroys Lillard the first 3 games, ACCEPTED not being the 1st option for the greater good (remember Pop's speach) for the next rounds having also hamstring issues (what a pussy being injured isn't it?:lol).

Anyway, nobody said he was dominating, deserved mvp discussions or I don't know what bothers you exactly...

My point is just stop disrespecting/insulting a player who plays for your favorite(?) team for 14 years and basicaly does... what Pop asks him to do.

If he really had an 'enrique' character ( like ALL the other allstar guards) he wouldn't have accepted all the sacrifices Pop asked him to do through the years.

Don't be selective with your memory...

PS/ I answered "candidly" (and admire Brazil patience) thinking you might not just be a troll...

cd98
01-15-2015, 04:34 PM

Last year Parker averaged 17 points on 48% shooting in the playoffs. How is that a mediocre playoff run? Does he have to average Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan playoff numbers to earn your respect? And yet Manu had a "dominant run" last year and averaged 12 points on 42% shooting. Your conclusions don't add up. And I'm not bagging on Manu because his 12 points a game average is good. Not Kobe Bryant good, but Spur player good.

Malik Hairston
01-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Playoff numbers:

7th in PER among rotation players
7th in virtually all Adjusted On/Off metrics
9th in TS%
8th in Win Shares

It was actually worse than mediocre, but I'm giving him points for his "presence" helping the Spurs(although the on/off numbers don't support that, but I digress)..

He also didn't even fucking play in the most important half/OT of the entire playoff run:lol..

Outside of game 7 vs. the Mavs and a few of the Portland games, he didn't show up at any point in the playoffs..

Malik Hairston
01-15-2015, 05:21 PM
To be fair, Tony Parker has only had 1 or 2 decent playoff runs throughout his career, tbh..he's a notorious playoff under-performer/choker..

2006-2007 and 2012-2013(until the most important games of the year, 6 and 7 vs. Miami) are his only standout playoff runs..not necessarily a knock on him, since virtually all star PGs disappear in the playoffs, tbh..

Chinook
01-15-2015, 05:36 PM
:lol Come on, you have +10k posts and still trolling (?), drunk or your hate blinds you buddy...

If you think we don't need his penetrations, +50% shooting, knowledge of systems, ball handling... well... :lol

Maybe it was lost in translation. My post wasn't a "Parker has no place on the Spurs" thing. It was more a "It's going to be interesting to see where the balance between Parker-centric sets and sets for other players ends up being" thing. If you think the Spurs ran the same offense two years ago that they do now, you haven't paid much attention. Just as the team is trying to find out how to get Kawhi his touches in a way that doesn't break the flow of the offense, so too must they do so with Tony.

And it matters. The way that Green and Splitter get their touches now is completely different than how they did in 2012. They'd have to readjust to a ball-dominant (and really effective) Parker.

Mr Bones
01-15-2015, 05:37 PM
In light of how well the Spurs played in last year's playoffs, it's hard to argue with the rotational calls made by Pop. I'd bet there'll be more minutes per game this year in the playoffs for the Mills/Joseph combo and fewer for Parker... it's a natural part of the team's evolution. I don't see anything being stated in this thread would be news to Pop.

Nathan89
01-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Using pts and shooting % as your main talking points because the professionals on espn use them:lol

Pauleta14
01-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Maybe it was lost in translation. My post wasn't a "Parker has no place on the Spurs" thing. It was more a "It's going to be interesting to see where the balance between Parker-centric sets and sets for other players ends up being" thing. If you think the Spurs ran the same offense two years ago that they do now, you haven't paid much attention. Just as the team is trying to find out how to get Kawhi his touches in a way that doesn't break the flow of the offense, so too must they do so with Tony.

And it matters. The way that Green and Splitter get their touches now is completely different than how they did in 2012. They'd have to readjust to a ball-dominant (and really effective) Parker.

I'll admit my english is not perfect, but these are your words... ;)

Otherwise I agree with what you just said, the best thing that happened to the spurs last year was that our offense stopped depending on Tony's production.
Although we almost won a championship that way (Tony's PO that year were amazing and will remain forgotten because we didn't win and an injury slowed him the last 3 games of the finals) it was a real weakness. Smart coaches just had to focus on cutting the "head of the snake".

What I don't understand is your "we don't need Tony to dominate the ball...". Of course we don't need that! Who said otherwise?
The team has taken this transition since LAST YEAR!
Remember Rondo's comments on Tony about last finals? He watch closely tp's game and as a PROFESSIONAL/ELITE PG PLAYING IN THE NBA, he was impressed by Tony's unselfishness and work that doesn't appear in the stats (the constant movement, knowing where to be, the "hokey assists", the understanding that it was more difficult for the heat to defend when them if the ball didn't stick in his hand...).

I mean, how can we talk that easily and early about him being expandable?

He is having a bad season due to injuries, his stats are bad due to Pop management/being conservative and MAINLY the process of coming back from a muscle injury that needs patience. Especially for a player who's game is based on movement/running...
We have no chances of repeat without Tony (and Manu, Tim, Kahwi, Danny...) and I don't understand how anybody who follow the spurs for a long time and who is not trolling can doubt that.

benstanfield
01-15-2015, 06:44 PM
I wonder if Phoenix would package Dragic in a deal for Parker, tbh..probably not, but it would be worth exploring..

No smart GM will trade for that contract. Gonna need to find one of many immensely stupid GMs to give us a useful expiring. Knicks, Nets, Clippers, the usual suspects.

Also :lol shit takes complaining about complaining from the usual suspects

Johnny RIngo
01-15-2015, 09:58 PM
Last year Parker averaged 17 points on 48% shooting in the playoffs. How is that a mediocre playoff run? Does he have to average Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan playoff numbers to earn your respect? And yet Manu had a "dominant run" last year and averaged 12 points on 42% shooting. Your conclusions don't add up. And I'm not bagging on Manu because his 12 points a game average is good. Not Kobe Bryant good, but Spur player good.

FG% is archaic and mostly useless. TS% is a better measure of efficiency. Parker averaged 17.4 ppg on .531 TS% in the playoffs last year which isn't really that great. Mediocre is the correct word here. A good first option should be scoring on at least .55 TS%. Compare his numbers to the other three best scorers on the Spurs last year:

Duncan: 16.3 ppg on .568 TS%
Leonard: 14.3 ppg on .606 TS%
Ginobili: 14.3 ppg on .593 TS%

All much more efficienct that Parker.

Parker had a 103 ORtg in the playoffs - 2nd to last among ALL Spurs players. This is horrific for a point guard. Pretty much shows us that Parker was doing a poor job running the offense. Compare that to the other high usage players on the Spurs:

120 ORtg - Duncan
119 ORtg - Leonard
113 ORtg - Manu

Parker only had four good games in the entire post-season - the three games against Portland and the game 7 against Dallas. In almost every other game, he was more useful sitting on the bench.

Mr Bones
01-16-2015, 01:48 AM
FG% is archaic and mostly useless. TS% is a better measure of efficiency. Parker averaged 17.4 ppg on .531 TS% in the playoffs last year which isn't really that great. Mediocre is the correct word here. A good first option should be scoring on at least .55 TS%. Compare his numbers to the other three best scorers on the Spurs last year:

Parker had a 103 ORtg in the playoffs - 2nd to last among ALL Spurs players. This is horrific for a point guard. Pretty much shows us that Parker was doing a poor job running the offense. Compare that to the other high usage players on the Spurs:

120 ORtg - Duncan
119 ORtg - Leonard
113 ORtg - Manu

Parker only had four good games in the entire post-season - the three games against Portland and the game 7 against Dallas. In almost every other game, he was more useful sitting on the bench.

So how do you explain Parker playing 35 mpg against Miami, and the Spurs destroying them in historic fashion? Is that a glitch in the statistical analysis, kind of like Bonner being a +/- star? Because, clearly, the rotational decisions made by Pop seemed to work pretty well. Do you think the Spurs were just so much better than the Heat that even playing the wrong guys couldn't stop them from dominating a team that one year earlier beat them in 7?

sook
01-16-2015, 02:17 AM
Parker es heart of el spuros.

Pauleta14
01-16-2015, 09:51 AM
So how do you explain Parker playing 35 mpg against Miami, and the Spurs destroying them in historic fashion? Is that a glitch in the statistical analysis, kind of like Bonner being a +/- star? Because, clearly, the rotational decisions made by Pop seemed to work pretty well. Do you think the Spurs were just so much better than the Heat that even playing the wrong guys couldn't stop them from dominating a team that one year earlier beat them in 7?

:lol Those posters thinking they know better than Pop...

Diego20
01-16-2015, 11:06 AM

120 ORtg - Duncan
119 ORtg - Leonard
113 ORtg - Manu

hater
01-16-2015, 12:10 PM
:lol Those posters thinking they know better than Pop...

Mr Bones
01-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Again, I can't help but notice that some posters here mention stats that support their opinions, but conveniently leave out stats that wouldn't hold up to any real scrutiny...

This season:

117 ORtg: Jeff Aryes
104 ORtg: Boris Diaw

114 ORtg: Aron Baynes
106 ORtg: Kawhi Leonard

116 ORtg: Matt Bonner
111 ORtg: Danny Green

Statisical analysis has glitches in it.

FkLA
01-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Using PPG or the fact that the team won the title is something Kobe fan does. As is ignoring advanced metrics. :lol

In '13 the Spurs don't come a meltdown away from winning the title with another PG other than Parker and the numbers support that. In '14 he was much more replaceable and the numbers support that. Currently, he is terrible and arguably the third best PG on the team and the numbers also support that. Numbers don't lie not sure why Enrique fans are so reluctant to accept them or claiming posters are fabricating them. Statistically he is a bottom 10 defender in the league, isn't getting to and scoring around the paint like he used to, isn't hitting his mid-range jumper and isn't setting up teammates like he used to. Blame it on the mild asscheek strain (even though he took a month off for it and played the second most minutes on the team just two games ago) if you'd like but the fact remains that right now he is a cancer.

He's definitely useful when he can penetrate and create offense for himself or the team but he's not doing that right now. If he can magically start doing that again and become an average defender, then he'll be useful again. It'd be nice for no other reason than it would give Tim and Manu a much deserved break but until then he deserves all the shit he is getting. Whatever he did in the past doesn't make him a good player right now.

http://s5.postimg.org/n9ab7c2hj/Enrique.png

http://i.imgur.com/Bg9FMTM.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/iuAbKtL.png?1

FkLA
01-16-2015, 01:01 PM
Again, I can't help but notice that some posters here mention stats that support their opinions, but conveniently leave out stats that wouldn't hold up to any real scrutiny...

This season:

117 ORtg: Jeff Aryes
104 ORtg: Boris Diaw

114 ORtg: Aron Baynes
106 ORtg: Kawhi Leonard

116 ORtg: Matt Bonner
111 ORtg: Danny Green

Statisical analysis has glitches in it.

How about this:

Updated On-Off numbers for the Spurs. Positive impact players in black. Negative impact in red. Some observations:

-Team desperately needs Kawhi back. By far, the most impactful player on the team.
-Team needs Tony to go away. His play this season has been cancerous. Misses weeks at a time. Never cheers his teammates. Sulks on the bench. Comes back and only plays one half of basketball while ruining the team chemistry. Promised 60 million over the next four years...despite having the lowest impact of all our key players. Earn your paycheck or get the fuck off the team Frenchie.
-Patty's been great so far. Provides so much energy to the bench unit and hustles on both ends of the floor.
-Splitter's defense has been bad this season. He just came back from injury so I guess we can cut him some slack. Hopefully we see some improvement in the coming weeks.
-Marco's one of the worst defenders in Spur history. His contribution on offense is negligible compared to how much he gives back on defense. Just a terrible, terrible player. It's not surprising we're struggling when we have someone so bad filling in for Leonard in the starting lineup.
- :lol at Austin Daye's numbers. How is this guy still in the NBA?

Leonard:

http://s5.postimg.org/b9yt00wwn/Leonard.png

Patty:

http://s5.postimg.org/872oae7br/Patty.png

Manu:

http://s5.postimg.org/k7o4b4eqf/Manu.png

Danny:

http://s5.postimg.org/r1ttn2hzr/Danny.png

Diaw:

http://s5.postimg.org/z8lten82f/Diaw.png

TD:

http://s5.postimg.org/9r3ev1qc7/Duncan.png

Cojo

http://s5.postimg.org/3l1yoawev/Cojo.png

Bonner:

http://s5.postimg.org/aycr9ir2v/Bonner.png

Tiago:

http://s5.postimg.org/r1yf0t7dj/Tiago.png

Baynes:

http://s5.postimg.org/3wjf12cuv/Baynes.png

Errors

http://s5.postimg.org/vg2aywsk7/Errors.png

Enrique

http://s5.postimg.org/n9ab7c2hj/Enrique.png

Marco the Cancer

http://s5.postimg.org/id231wcyf/Cancer.png

Kyle Anderson

http://s5.postimg.org/ei3ad2j6f/Kyle.png

Daye

http://s5.postimg.org/9n9leskuv/Daye.png

At some point, when literally nothing supports 2014-2015 Enrique being a good player, it stops being a glitch/anomaly.

Brazil
01-16-2015, 01:06 PM
To be fair

I'll go SBM style...

:lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin :lmao :lmao

james evans
01-16-2015, 01:11 PM

parker will be 33 this year. at 33 years old, u aren't improving on any speed. it's all downhill from there. I was 33 years ago and at that age, i was getting no more faster or improving anything having to do with quickness. It's all downhill from there.

Pauleta14
01-16-2015, 02:20 PM
I don't want to offend anyone, this is just basketball, but...

Your (Fkla, testies, the op...) analysis are based on the same "logic"/mechanism of all those religious extremists.

As rational your logic might looks (sometimes) when you explain it, it's pointless if you only take into account the facts/stats that suits your opinion and it is very effective on those who don't know much about the subject/"newbies".

You guys are entitle to your opinion, nothing wrong about not being a fan of TP's game for instance, but again, why so much hate/agressivity toward a player who has the trust of one of the best coach in the history of the game? (not taking into account the 14 years, 4 titles...)

Why, despite what you all call a shitty season from Tony, Pop and RC offered him a max extention? Just to say thx for what you have done? Or what you will do for us?

When you right your posts, do you think you hold the truth? That you know better than Pop? :lol

FkLA
01-16-2015, 02:35 PM
I don't want to offend anyone, this is just basketball, but...

Your (Fkla, testies, the op...) analysis are based on the same "logic"/mechanism of all those religious extremists.

As rational your logic might looks (sometimes) when you explain it, it's pointless if you only take into account the facts/stats that suits your opinion and it is very effective on those who don't know much about the subject/"newbies".

You guys are entitle to your opinion, nothing wrong about not being a fan of TP's game for instance, but again, why so much hate/agressivity toward a player who has the trust of one of the best coach in the history of the game? (not taking into account the 14 years, 4 titles...)

Why, despite what you all call a shitty season from Tony, Pop and RC offered him a max extention? Just to say thx for what you have done? Or what you will do for us?

When you right your posts, do you think you hold the truth? That you know better than Pop? :lol

Did you really just compare us to religious extremists? :rollin

Nobody is 'finding stats that suit our opinion'. I don't think there is a single stat that would support your argument that 2014-2015 Enrique is a good player. If you have one that suggests he is a good player then post it. Advanced metrics are a much better argument than your argument...which basically consists of 'well Pop plays him so he must be good' or 'Pop gave him an extension he must be good'. Enrique wouldn't be the first or last bad player to receive heavy minutes or an extension.

FkLA
01-16-2015, 02:36 PM
You're a woman aren't you? If so that would explain a lot.

ElNono
01-16-2015, 02:46 PM
You're a woman aren't you? If so that would explain a lot.

sup religious extremist

FkLA
01-16-2015, 02:59 PM

Pauleta14
01-16-2015, 03:05 PM
Did you really just compare us to religious extremists? :rollin

Nobody is 'finding stats that suit our opinion'. I don't think there is a single stat that would support your argument that 2014-2015 Enrique is a good player. If you have one that suggests he is a good player then post it. Advanced metrics are a much better argument than your argument...which basically consists of 'well Pop plays him so he must be good' or 'Pop gave him an extension he must be good'. Enrique wouldn't be the first or last bad player to receive heavy minutes or an extension.

Read again, I was talking about your logic, not you...

Advanced or not, stats remain ONLY stats, you have to watch to big pictures and facts that are not highlighted by stats. You give them so much importance that you loose common sense...

Again nobody said 2014-15 TONY PARKER (this "Enrique" thing is another "WTF?" / how can you say you are objective when you insult him to start?:lol) was good so stop posting all these useless stats when common sense is enough. This year and particularly since he is injured, mean nothing until he is fit again...
The way Pop is dealing with his "rehab" doesn't help his stats and those are meaningless until Spring...

and thank you for confirming that you really think you are better than Pop!
The fact that you don't understand what Pop is doing doesn't necessarily means that he is wrong, but just that you don't...understand. ;)

PS/ No I'm a guy, what does has anything to do anyway? (the fact that I'm french should be enough!:lol

hater
01-16-2015, 03:30 PM
sorry Evita short bus riders but Parker was a much superior player when in mattered (in the 4th quarter) ALL THROUGHOUT LAST PLAYOFFS

these #s are per 36mins in the 4th quarters:

PTS
FG%
TOs
+/-

Parker

Evita

we actually won it all despite the turnover machine :wow

hater
01-16-2015, 03:34 PM
:lol 35% shooting in the 4th quarters :lol

in2deep
01-16-2015, 03:38 PM
sorry Evita short bus riders but Parker was a much superior player when in mattered (in the 4th quarter) ALL THROUGHOUT LAST PLAYOFFS

PTS
FG%
TOs
+/-

Parker

Evita

wow

FkLA
01-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Read again, I was talking about your logic, not you...

Advanced or not, stats remain ONLY stats, you have to watch to big pictures and facts that are not highlighted by stats. You give them so much importance that you loose common sense...

Again nobody said 2014-15 TONY PARKER (this "Enrique" thing is another "WTF?" / how can you say you are objective when you insult him to start?:lol) was good so stop posting all these useless stats when common sense is enough. This year and particularly since he is injured, mean nothing until he is fit again...
The way Pop is dealing with his "rehab" doesn't help his stats and those are meaningless until Spring...

and thank you for confirming that you really think you are better than Pop!
The fact that you don't understand what Pop is doing doesn't necessarily means that he is wrong, but just that you don't...understand. ;)

PS/ No I'm a guy, what does has anything to do anyway? (the fact that I'm french should be enough!:lol

Are you saying advanced metrics aren't facts? They support what is happening out on the court so not sure why you are trying to pain them out as being misleading. Enrique can't stay in front of anybody on defense and can't get by the likes of Humphries on offense right now. Until that changes you really have no argument and are just being a French homer.

PTS
FG%
TOs
+/-

Parker

Evita

Are you really measuring your idol's performance by how he does compared to 37 year old Manu, shortbus? Not to mention the fact that you cherrypicked just one quarter.

hater
01-16-2015, 03:52 PM
let's not forget only one of these 2 guys averaged 11% 3PT shooting percentage in the 4th quarters of the 2012-2013 Finals

Mr Bones
01-16-2015, 03:55 PM
How about this:

At some point, when literally nothing supports 2014-2015 Enrique being a good player, it stops being a glitch/anomaly.

Again, i was only using ORrg because that was the stat other people were quoting. To me, stats are a means to an end, and a useful means, but not an end in themselves. James Harden is currently rated statistically in some charts as the best defender in the NBA. Anyone watching knows he's not a better defender than Kawhi, Tony Allen, or Jimmy Butler... but that's what that stat says. I think what "literally supports" Parker is the Spurs having the best record in the league and having a playoff run that was near historic in the point deferential/blowout categories. Again. my question is: How did the Spurs annihilate Portland and Miami when they were playing the "wrong" line ups? It's almost as if people are saying the Spurs won in hugely convincing fashion, but they didn't do it the right way... why were they so successful last season?

By the way-- read all of my posts-- I acknowledge that Parker is no longer at his peak, and want him to shoot more threes. It's not like I'm "Ra-ra Parker, he's the best!" And I've also predicted that there will be more minutes for the Cojo/Mills combo and fewer for Parker in the playoffs.

Pauleta14
01-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Are you saying advanced metrics aren't facts? They support what is happening out on the court so not sure why you are trying to pain them out as being misleading. Enrique can't stay in front of anybody on defense and can't get by the likes of Humphries on offense right now. Until that changes you really have no argument and are just being a French homer.

Ok last try, read the whole sentence/post, not the part that suits you...

I didn't say advanced metrics aren't facts, I said those are not the only ones (management, PT, evolution of the injury...), hence the "look at the big picture".

Highlighting stats of someone who is injured or coming bck from injury (ie not 100%) is irrelevant. AGAIN everybody agrees that Tony sucks right now.

You don't answer about the rest of my post so I guess I made a point... ;)

PS/ I'm no french homer, nor Manu hater or I don't know what, just a spur fan who genuinely don't understand the hate toward a guy you don't even know and a player that did so much for the franchise you love.

I personally don't give a shit that you are italian mio amico, our nationality is irrelevant...

Mr Bones
01-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Here is Tony's on court/ off court stat for last season: http://www.82games.com/1314/1314SAS.HTM

On court: + 6.6
Off court: +8.8

So when Parker sat, and Ginobili & Mills were in (the mostly likely scenario when Tony sat, though others of course occurred too), the Spurs played very well. This is why they were lauded for having the best bench in the league last year. But in this scenario, Manu is often the primary ball handler. That has an important effect on the stats, as Mills is essentially playing SG rather than PG. Mills is a better 3pt shooter than Parker, but he's not a better ball handler. It's great that the second squad was so successful, but I don't think it then becomes a scientific fact that the PG of the first squad sucked.

+6.6 is a good thing.

NASpurs
01-16-2015, 04:22 PM

I didn't say advanced metrics aren't facts, I said those are not the only ones (management, PT, evolution of the injury...), hence the "look at the big picture".

Highlighting stats of someone who is injured or coming bck from injury (ie not 100%) is irrelevant. AGAIN everybody agrees that Tony sucks right now.

PS/ I'm no french homer, nor Manu hater or I don't know what, just a spur fan who genuinely don't understand the hate toward a guy you don't even know and a player that did so much for the franchise you love.

I personally don't give a shit that you are italian mio amico, our nationality is irrelevant...

:lol Italian

FkLA
01-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Again, i was only using ORrg because that was the stat other people were quoting. To me, stats are a means to an end, and a useful means, but not an end in themselves. James Harden is currently rated statistically in some charts as the best defender in the NBA. Anyone watching knows he's not a better defender than Kawhi, Tony Allen, or Jimmy Butler... but that's what that stat says. I think what "literally supports" Parker is the Spurs having the best record in the league and having a playoff run that was near historic in the point deferential/blowout categories. Again. my question is: How did the Spurs annihilate Portland and Miami when they were playing the "wrong" line ups? It's almost as if people are saying the Spurs won in hugely convincing fashion, but they didn't do it the right way... why were they so successful last season?

By the way-- read all of my posts-- I acknowledge that Parker is no longer at his peak, and want him to shoot more threes. It's not like I'm "Ra-ra Parker, he's the best!" And I've also predicted that there will be more minutes for the Cojo/Mills combo and fewer for Parker in the playoffs.

Sure, there will be anomalies here or there. I'd understand if Enrique was bad in just one cherrypicked metric but he's bad across the board. At that point it stops being a glitch and starts being reality. And posters are calling him a cancer this year...nobody is saying that about the 13-14 version. Until he shows he can get back to that useful level your best option is to just take the criticism head on, bc right now it's warranted.

Well, the rest of your post was about his 'rehab'. He isn't rehabbing. He did that for a month already for a pretty minor injury, Pop has explicitly said there is no more minutes restriction for him and he played the second most minutes on the team just two games ago...I don't think health is the problem. Getting into shape and getting rid of the rust I can see--but getting into shape usually entails regaining stamina not quickness/speed. If Enrique was showing flashes of speed/quickness and it was fading as he fatigued I'd agree that it was only a matter of time before he regained his form but I haven't seen any flashes.

The numbers are relevant bc they tell the tale for 2014-2015 Enrique. Until he proves otherwise that's who he is.

Je ne suis pas Italien, mi ami. Je suis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UDWYe_KZbQ

Mr Bones
01-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Sure, there will be anomalies here or there. I'd understand if Enrique was bad in just one cherrypicked metric but he's bad across the board. At that point it stops being a glitch and starts being reality.

Splitter's metrics are down across the board this year too... is he a useless player now, or have his stats been influenced by injuries and rust?

Diego20
01-16-2015, 05:23 PM
let's not forget only one of these 2 guys averaged 11% 3PT shooting percentage in the 4th quarters of the 2012-2013 Finals

why you keep talking about 4th quarters? :lol

Does Enrique play so bad in quarter 1, 2 and 3? :lol

btw Enrique almost never plays in the last quarter, he's always in the bench last 3 or 4 minutes, meanwhile Manu plays most of his minutes during the last quarter.

hater
01-16-2015, 05:34 PM
btw Enrique almost never plays in the last quarter, he's always in the bench last 3 or 4 minutes, meanwhile Manu plays most of his minutes during the last quarter.

Parker played 133 minutes in 4th quarters last playoffs

Manu played 129

:lmao idiot

Diego20
01-16-2015, 05:41 PM

Manu played 129

:lmao idiot

lol? How many minutes Manu averaged in all quarters last playoffs and how many minutes Enrique? Manu plays most of his minutes in the last quarter, Enrique is always in the bench last 3 or 4 minutes (even more).

FkLA
01-16-2015, 05:44 PM
Splitter's metrics are down across the board this year too... is he a useless player now, or have his stats been influenced by injuries and rust?

He hasn't been as good. They're not close to as bad as Enrique's though. He's also younger, with less mileage, and physically he doesn't look done.

Enrique OTOH not only has bad metrics but is 33 with tons of mileage and looks considerably slower. Father time catching up seems more probable for him than Splitter.

ElNono
01-16-2015, 06:08 PM

Manu played 129

Somewhat surprising since Tony missed at least two 4th quarters, but when you think about it, we were actually blowing teams away by 20+ points since the Blazers series, so they didn't need to play a whole lot of 4th quarter minutes.

This is actually reflected in the actual low minutes for both in the 4th quarter. Tony played a total 719 mins in the playoffs. If your numbers are right, that means he played only 18% of his total minutes in the 4th quarter.

Manu played 586 total minutes, which makes his 4th quarter mins 22% of his total.

Pauleta14
01-16-2015, 06:17 PM
:lol Italian

Irish? They all look the same... :lol

Diego20
01-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Somewhat surprising since Tony missed at least two 4th quarters, but when you think about it, we were actually blowing teams away by 20+ points since the Blazers series, so they didn't need to play a whole lot of 4th quarter minutes.

This is actually reflected in the actual low minutes for both in the 4th quarter. Tony played a total 719 mins in the playoffs. If your numbers are right, that means he played only 18% of his total minutes in the 4th quarter.

Manu played 586 total minutes, which makes his 4th quarter mins 22% of his total.

How about the numbers of this year?

ElNono
01-16-2015, 06:33 PM
How about the numbers of this year?

:lol you look em up

tbh, dunno where he got the 4th quarter numbers, I took them as legit

Pauleta14
01-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Well, the rest of your post was about his 'rehab'. He isn't rehabbing. He did that for a month already for a pretty minor injury, Pop has explicitly said there is no more minutes restriction for him and he played the second most minutes on the team just two games ago...I don't think health is the problem. Getting into shape and getting rid of the rust I can see--but getting into shape usually entails regaining stamina not quickness/speed. If Enrique was showing flashes of speed/quickness and it was fading as he fatigued I'd agree that it was only a matter of time before he regained his form but I haven't seen any flashes.

The numbers are relevant bc they tell the tale for 2014-2015 Enrique. Until he proves otherwise that's who he is.

The rest of my post was about you thinking you know better than Pop and not trying to see the big picture.

If you really think it's that easy to deal with a hamstring injury when your game is based on speed, then you have never played any sport and/or don't pay attention to what all people with knowledge explain.
Tony explained in an interview these past days that he came back thinking it was ok and re-injured it each time. He even said he feared it could be a kind of career ending injury. So they decided to be extra cautious/conservative with him come back. That's it. All we can do is be patient, wait and see how it evolves.

I don't understand why you make such a big deal out of it.

Your last sentence show that your a "what have you done for me lately" kind of person and just can't see the big picture. I'm still not sure if you just play the spoiled kid as if TP was paid with your daddy's money or if you're just bored and tolling.

spurs10
01-16-2015, 06:38 PM
How about the numbers of this year? Well that is a moot point because Tony has been injured and Manu has been doing a lot of heavy lifting.

KL2
01-16-2015, 10:46 PM
MVPLeonard already making a huge impact, elevating Tps game and the entire defense/offense.

Johnny RIngo
01-16-2015, 10:52 PM
MVPLeonard already making a huge impact, elevating Tps game and the entire defense/offense.

Pretty much. We all saw how worthless Parker was when he had to play next to Belinelli in the starting lineup. Leonard helps mask a lot of his flaws and makes it easier for him to be effective. The true MVP of the Spurs.