PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys offer DeMarco Murray 4 years/16 million

djohn2oo8
01-13-2015, 10:41 PM
At last check, Dallas had a four-year deal worth slightly more than $16 million on the table, according to Rapoport.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000458473/article/demarco-murray-dallas-cowboys-disagree-on-value?campaign=Twitter_atn_wesseling

What?? :lol

DeadlyDynasty
01-13-2015, 10:43 PM
RB's are a dime-a-dozen and that OL is the truth.

SupremeGuy
01-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Probably wouldn't offer him much more than that, tbh. He's 27 and got run down into the ground this year. His health has always been an issue and going forward it's only going to get worse.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2015, 10:53 PM
Probably wouldn't offer him much more than that, tbh. He's 27 and got run down into the ground this year. His health has always been an issue and going forward it's only going to get worse.

That's backup money.

spurraider21
01-13-2015, 10:55 PM
That's backup money.
how many teams actually pay 4 mil per year for a RB they expect to be a backup?

djohn2oo8
01-13-2015, 11:01 PM
how many teams actually pay 4 mil per year for a RB they expect to be a backup?

http://overthecap.com/position/running-back/

you would be surprised

spurraider21
01-13-2015, 11:04 PM
http://overthecap.com/position/running-back/

you would be surprised
oh very very few. got it. Reggie Bush was signed to be the starter, he just hasn't lived up. Same with CJ Spiller, Chris Johnson

djohn2oo8
01-13-2015, 11:14 PM
oh very very few. got it. Reggie Bush was signed to be the starter, he just hasn't lived up. Same with CJ Spiller, Chris Johnson

Toby Gerhart, Donald Brown, Jonathan Stewart make 3-4 mill.... Elite RBs make more than all those guys. 4 mill isn't enough. It should start around 6-7 mill.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2015, 11:19 PM

RBs who can pick up blitzes and catch out of the backfield too are valuable

spurraider21
01-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Toby Gerhart, Donald Brown, Jonathan Stewart make 3-4 mill.... Elite RBs make more than all those guys. 4 mill isn't enough. It should start around 6-7 mill.
Gerhart was signed as a starter. Stewart/Williams were both paid by Carolina, so they are among the "few" i was referencing.

SupremeGuy
01-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Murray doesn't seem like that kind of guy, but it also pisses me off that he decides to have his best year in a contract year. lol We can't overspend on him though. We need to pay Dez, Rolando McClain, Durant/or Carter, Beasley, etc. I think it's going to be an amicable parting of the way between the Cowboys and Murray. If some team is dumb enough to overspend on him, then good for him, tbh.

SupremeGuy
01-13-2015, 11:23 PM
DJohn really wants us to break the bank on Murray, tbh. :lol Not going to happen.

Avante
01-13-2015, 11:29 PM
Those great Packer teams had HOFers Jim Taylor/Paul Hornung.

Those great Steeler teams had Franco Harris.

That undefeated Dolphins team had Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris

The 85 Bears had Walter Payton.

The Niners had Roger Craig.

The Rams had Marshall Faulk.

The last great Cowboy teams....Emmitt Smith.

John Elway had Terrell Davis.

Who is the current champ, yep, a team with a monster back, a beast....Marshawn Lynch.

Why were the Cowboys in the mix this season....DeMarco Murray.

You run the ball, stuff the run, that's winning football at all levels. Just ask Ohio State.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-13-2015, 11:31 PM
Yeah it sucks cause he's a good back but I'd rather them spend money on a good pass rusher. It sucked watching a 1 legged rodgers have a 7 seconds to throw multiple times.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2015, 11:31 PM
DJohn really wants us to break the bank on Murray, tbh. :lol Not going to happen.

Murray was a big reason for their success, while breaking a franchise record. :lol

SupremeGuy
01-13-2015, 11:34 PM
Murray was a big reason for their success, while breaking a franchise record. :lolThen you guys sign him, tbh.

spurraider21
01-13-2015, 11:52 PM
its not that shocking tbh... its similar to the marshawn lynch situation

DJR210
01-13-2015, 11:54 PM
:lmao so long DeFumble, thanks for the memories. Franchise tag ain't an option either, that shit's gonna be around 9.5 million a season if this year is any indication.

DJR210
01-13-2015, 11:56 PM
Yeah it sucks cause he's a good back but I'd rather them spend money on a good pass rusher. It sucked watching a 1 legged rodgers have a 7 seconds to throw multiple times.

Yeah, we need to get a FA and get the best available DE in the draft. I want DeMarco back, but the impact to the running game will be less overall vs the inability to sack the QB.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-13-2015, 11:59 PM
Yeah, we need to get a FA and get the best available DE in the draft. I want DeMarco back, but the impact to the running game will be less overall vs the inability to sack the QB.
Agreed...

unleashbaynes
01-14-2015, 12:13 AM
Fuck paying a RB 9m+, i dont give a shit how good they are. I like the offer, its what he's worth to us.

Chris
01-14-2015, 01:35 AM
Probably not coming back; someone is going to pay him. If Randle and Dunbar are still on the books, then we can draft a RB, or god forbid sign Adrian Peterson.

benefactor
01-14-2015, 06:55 AM
This. Now that they have that OLine is in place there is no reason to cave in to any sort of demands by Murray. Some homer fans might not be happy with it but they need to let him walk if he won't accept the deal.

Mal
01-14-2015, 07:41 AM
There is no need to pay him more. Guys like Chris Ivory, CJ Anderson out of nowhere can be valueable assets in running game. Test some more RB`s behind these OL that Cowboys have, I think they can find cheaper option that can pick up some yards.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2015, 09:26 AM
There is no need to pay him more. Guys like Chris Ivory, CJ Anderson out of nowhere can be valueable assets in running game. Test some more RB`s behind these OL that Cowboys have, I think they can find cheaper option that can pick up some yards.

Murray was good before that Oline.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2015, 09:27 AM
This. Now that they have that OLine is in place there is no reason to cave in to any sort of demands by Murray. Some homer fans might not be happy with it but they need to let him walk if he won't accept the deal.

RBs who can't pick up blitzes are going to get Romo killed.

Mal
01-14-2015, 09:40 AM

Yes, but it`s probably not about Murray being good or not. Cowboys are working with salary cup issues and have more imporant and irreprecable pieces to maintain first.

leemajors
01-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Yes, but it`s probably not about Murray being good or not. Cowboys are working with salary cup issues and have more imporant and irreprecable pieces to maintain first.

:tu Love Demarco, but seems like Jerry is doing the smart thing here (rare).

unleashbaynes
01-14-2015, 10:47 AM
so were julius jones, marion barber, and felix jones. we paid all of them and none of them were very good after. we learned our lesson there thankfully.

injury prone RBs aren't a priority.

Killakobe81
01-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Wanting to overpay RB's, LOL in TODAY's NFL?!

Shady McCoy, Peterson IIRC are the last two rushing champs an dI think foster was before that. how many have had strong healthy productive years 3 years in a row? After a rushing title? Murray in particular, already had a spotty injury history BEFORE his breakout year so why should we spend big money when those guys were healthy when they signed BIG deals?

It's just like with DWare. Loved that guy you make a fair offer one that is NOT insulting but based on risks production going forward not paying for past performance. If he accepts you love to have him back. IF not you wish him well and I will root for him when he is not playing the Cowboys.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2015, 10:55 AM
so were julius jones, marion barber, and felix jones. we paid all of them and none of them were very good after. we learned our lesson there thankfully.

injury prone RBs aren't a priority.

:lmao comparing those scrubs to Murray

unleashbaynes
01-14-2015, 10:57 AM
You're right, those scrubs managed to stay healthy for more than a season, and behind a worse oline too.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Wanting to overpay RB's, LOL in TODAY's NFL?!

Shady McCoy, Peterson IIRC are the last two rushing champs an dI think foster was before that. how many have had strong healthy productive years 3 years in a row? After a rushing title? Murray in particular, already had a spotty injury history BEFORE his breakout year so why should we spend big money when those guys were healthy when they signed BIG deals?

It's just like with DWare. Loved that guy you make a fair offer one that is NOT insulting but based on risks production going forward not paying for past performance. If he accepts you love to have him back. IF not you wish him well and I will root for him when he is not playing the Cowboys.

Obviously they weren't concerned with his health since they gave him the ball 392 times. Those guys you mentioned can pick up blitzes and catch out the backfield, which is very valuable. You say overpay for a RB, is Dez or any other receiver worth 20 mill a year?

unleashbaynes
01-14-2015, 11:26 AM
Dez is just a better overall football player either way so the choice is easy.

Pelicans78
01-14-2015, 11:58 AM
Those great Packer teams had HOFers Jim Taylor/Paul Hornung.

Those great Steeler teams had Franco Harris.

That undefeated Dolphins team had Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris

The 85 Bears had Walter Payton.

The Niners had Roger Craig.

The Rams had Marshall Faulk.

The last great Cowboy teams....Emmitt Smith.

John Elway had Terrell Davis.

Who is the current champ, yep, a team with a monster back, a beast....Marshawn Lynch.

Why were the Cowboys in the mix this season....DeMarco Murray.

You run the ball, stuff the run, that's winning football at all levels. Just ask Ohio State.

The Saints had Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush and had a terrible run defense in 2009.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:05 PM
its almost like djohn is mad that the cowboys aren't going to overpay :lol

djohn2oo8
01-14-2015, 12:08 PM
its almost like djohn is mad that the cowboys aren't going to overpay :lol

What price would be overpaying? Romo got 100 million for doing jack shit but Murray can't get 2-3 million more per year :lol

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:09 PM
What price would be overpaying?
4-16 seems roughly right. i'd say 1 year for 7 mil, 2 for 12, 3-15, 4-16 are all ballpark

djohn2oo8
01-14-2015, 12:12 PM
4-16 seems roughly right. i'd say 1 year for 7 mil, 2 for 12, 3-15, 4-16 are all ballpark

lol terrible.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:14 PM
lol terrible.
ok. they have the best o-line in the league and they're young there. they should focus resources on the defense instead of a RB coming off a monster usage season... especially with his injury history

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:16 PM
its the same reason why the seahawks probably wont bring back lynch

The Gemini Method
01-14-2015, 12:19 PM
its the same reason why the seahawks probably wont bring back lynch

That was the beginning sentiment but he is actually having a year that has warranted a change in the stance that they might still try to retain the dude. Murray is how old? 27? However, the Lynch situation may be easier to go through if they win it all. But RB is an interesting position these days. You hear that it isn't an important position but all eyes will be on Lacy and Lynch this Sunday. What would be the right price for DeMarco?

djohn2oo8
01-14-2015, 12:22 PM
That was the beginning sentiment but he is actually having a year that has warranted a change in the stance that they might still try to retain the dude. Murray is how old? 27? However, the Lynch situation may be easier to go through if they win it all. But RB is an interesting position these days. You hear that it isn't an important position but all eyes will be on Lacy and Lynch this Sunday. What would be the right price for DeMarco?

Murray is 26 I think.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:23 PM
depends on the length/guarantees. i'd pay as high as 7 mil for a season

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Murray is 26 I think.
27 in a month

The Gemini Method
01-14-2015, 12:32 PM
So, 7 mil sounds reasonable for what he meant to the Cowboys. I mean, yeah the O-Line is probably the main reason he had the year he did but he also did well to stay healthy. The fumbles, though, were an issue but he did run at a higher clip than the next closest back and that was Laveon Bell. I say 6.5-8 mil sounds decent. The issue is can he continue to stay healthy? Also that fumble he had against GB was killer. If he had just held on he would've been gone and the Bryant call would've never transpired.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2015, 12:35 PM
So, 7 mil sounds reasonable for what he meant to the Cowboys. I mean, yeah the O-Line is probably the main reason he had the year he did but he also did well to stay healthy. The fumbles, though, were an issue but he did run at a higher clip than the next closest back and that was Laveon Bell. I say 6.5-8 mil sounds decent. The issue is can he continue to stay healthy? Also that fumble he had against GB was killer. If he had just held on he would've been gone and the Bryant call would've never transpired.

Garrett calling throwing plays on 1st and 10 instead of running the ball and killing clock sealed it. Along with Romo taking sacks

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:35 PM
i would pay him that much if the contract was shorter term. 4-16 makes sense if a majority of it is guaranteed

The Gemini Method
01-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Garrett calling throwing plays on 1st and 10 instead of running the ball and killing clock sealed it. Along with Romo taking sacksAnd the dude who was covering Davante Adams...he could not cover worth shit. I thought they should've ran it on 4 and 2 instead of going for it all. Kill more time off the clock so you limit Rodgers' ability to come back. I would've liked to have seen the Seahawks vs. Cowboys take 2. But it'll still be a good game against the Packers.

i would pay him that much if the contract was shorter term. 4-16 makes sense if a majority of it is guaranteed That is true. Good point.

Spur-Addict
01-14-2015, 01:06 PM
I just can't justify paying 7 million in any one season for Murray. Upper 5 max.

Raven
01-14-2015, 01:07 PM
this discussion is pointless, cowboys always have a bad cap situation and they still need to retain dez. according to http://overthecap.com/calculator/dallas-cowboys they have 13M of room for 2015. They are likely to franchise tag dez, therefore having to make cuts for a) signing demarco for 4 a year b) signing ALL of the rookies. From their point of view, paying 4M should be considered overpaying.

Trainwreck2100
01-14-2015, 01:40 PM
:lmao comparing those scrubs to Murray
they don't have the cap situation to pay murray and dez. Ironically both those guys really fucked the cowboys against the Pack. Murray with his fumble faggotry and dez trying to be a hero and score a TD instead of just going down

DJR210
01-14-2015, 02:53 PM
they don't have the cap situation to pay murray and dez. Ironically both those guys really fucked the cowboys against the Pack. Murray with his fumble faggotry and dez trying to be a hero and score a TD instead of just going down

I agree with DeMarco and the fumble, but Dez was doing what he should have done in reaching for the TD. He's done that all year and who's to say a TD would have been scored had the call not been reversed?

Blake
01-14-2015, 06:36 PM
Murray was born in the wrong era. $4 million seems fair for his age and durability questions.

And the Cowboys salary cap issues suck, so there's not much room to negotiate.

bigzak25
01-15-2015, 12:32 AM
I'm for whatever downgrades the dallas running game.