View Full Version : Danny green

ducks
01-13-2015, 11:43 PM
Be nice if you show up on the road

What is was he 1-9 from three tonight
Tp set him up 3 or 4 times

cd98
01-13-2015, 11:45 PM
He's a streak shooter. You have to live with the slumps Bc when he is on a hot streak, we are near unbeatable.

ducks
01-13-2015, 11:48 PM
Be nice if he is hot on road once in awhile

And he had 16 shits

Johnny RIngo
01-13-2015, 11:49 PM
$12,500,000 - Parker
$4,025,000 - Green

:lol Blaming a role player when the highest paid player on the team shit the bed tonight. Green has had a pretty good season thus far. Can't say the same for Enrique.

ElNono
01-13-2015, 11:56 PM
He definitely didn't have a good game.... but I bet he's tired too... he's been covering for Kiwi and now Marco also...

ducks
01-14-2015, 12:29 AM
He had 2 days off young

He has been great this season
He makes half his threes Spurs win

ducks
01-14-2015, 12:30 AM
$12,500,000 - Parker
$4,025,000 - Green

:lol Blaming a role player when the highest paid player on the team shit the bed tonight. Green has had a pretty good season thus far. Can't say the same for Enrique.some say max next year

hater
01-14-2015, 06:46 PM
not worried about Green. even when he plays badly he still contributes (that block on that wiz dude)

spurraider21
01-28-2015, 12:20 PM
:cry why doesn't he get more minutes?? pop is stupid
:cry he's fatigued

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Heavy-usage-has-worn-Green-down-6044041.php?t=47c2005f8c927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium#/0

:lol in his physical prime

ElNono
01-28-2015, 12:31 PM
I called it. That December has been killer for Tim, Manu and Danny. Hopefully they can hang on until the All Star Week and get some well deserved rest...

Chinook
01-28-2015, 12:31 PM
:cry why doesn't he get more minutes?? pop is stupid
:cry he's fatigued

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Heavy-usage-has-worn-Green-down-6044041.php?t=47c2005f8c927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium#/0

:lol in his physical prime

Dude played hard minutes with the injuries. No way he shouldn't get 30 with Kawhi next to him.

Gagnrath
01-28-2015, 01:56 PM
NBA season is a grind always has been for years there has been complaints from players and fans about to many meaningless games packed into to short of a time..... Personal feeling is that the scheduling in the NBA is crap and thats part of the issue as well as him playing far more minutes per game than he has since college.

EVAY
01-28-2015, 02:17 PM
Diaw looked better than he has been in the last game, but I am hoping that these few games before the RRtrip and the all star break give both Diaw and Danny some rest.

Tiago being out, Marco being out, Kawhi being out and Tony being out...Diaw and Green have played more than anyone else on the team (Green more than anyone at all - Tim next), but Diaw has been showing fatigue as well.

After the December-from-hell number of games, the relatively lighter schedule now can and undoubtedly will help all of them.

I know that Duncan has been playing a lot of minutes, but he doesn't seem to WANT to not play every game. Maybe that will change, but I'm not sure. I still get the impression he is telling Pop that he "wants to leave it all out on the floor" this whole season. I think that means he is not coming back, and so I think he will keep playing until the wheels literally fall off, which they just might if he doesn't get some solid rest soon.

01-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Danny's been a warrior this season. Picked up some offensive slack while some key players were out.

He's mentally and physically fatigued right now, and it's affecting his shot. His defense has still been solid.

Mr Bones
01-28-2015, 02:36 PM
Danny still ranks as one of the best defenders at his position and is shooting above 40% from three, so I think he's solid. The player that currently ranks #1 in some statistical looks at that position is Khris Middleton of the Bucks, who is now one my favorite free agent targets for the Spurs. At 6'8" he could play both the SG and SF positions, and form a very strong three man rotation with Danny and Kawhi next season.

Cry Havoc
01-28-2015, 02:40 PM
One reason Green might be fatigued is that he's one of the hardest workers in the NBA. Dude never takes a play off, and gets back in transition on D faster than ANYONE in the League that I've seen. He's not the fastest player in the league, but he gets to the ball at great angles and has incredible closing speed. He's honestly one of the unspoken superstars in the league on D (Spurs fans know this but listen to other team's broadcasts when Green stops a transitional play and they're usually surprised).

It's at the point now where if he's back in transition I'm really not even concerned about a score unless it's a 3v1 fast break. Dude is a gamer. Going to be real interesting to see his salary requests.

Mr Bones
01-28-2015, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't call Danny "streaky." His 3pt% in the months of Nov., Dec., and January: 42%/39%/40%... His career 3pt% is 41.8%. If anything, he's ridiculously consistent.

Richie
01-28-2015, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't call Danny "streaky." His 3pt% in the months of Nov., Dec., and January: 42%/39%/40%... His career 3pt% is 41.8%. If anything, he's ridiculously consistent.

Monthly numbers are a poor indicator, streakiness is more of a game-to-game phenomenon. I think Danny is a very streaky shooter

Malik Hairston
01-28-2015, 03:04 PM
I called it. That December has been killer for Tim, Manu and Danny. Hopefully they can hang on until the All Star Week and get some well deserved rest...

Yep, it's been evident that the disgusting December took a toll on those 3, it was statistically one of the toughest stretches in NBA history IIRC..

Bartleby
01-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Monthly numbers are a poor indicator, streakiness is more of a game-to-game phenomenon. I think Danny is a very streaky shooter

Yeah, his overall % is solid, but he is definitely a fire and ice shooter. You just have to hope he gets hot when it really matters.

Cry Havoc
01-28-2015, 03:27 PM

He used to be VERY streaky, but I think he's settled a bit more. He has small streaks still but usually he's consistently lethal from 3.

Richie
01-28-2015, 03:41 PM
He used to be VERY streaky, but I think he's settled a bit more. He has small streaks still but usually he's consistently lethal from 3.

I agree, he's far from the streakiest players in the league but I generally feels he's a 'hot or not' player