PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 QB's going forward?

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:23 AM
typical "if you're a GM" question

if you could start your franchise today, who would be your top 5 choices for QB?

Obviously Luck/Rodgers would be the top 2, but it gets sorta hazy after that. Rivers is 33, Ben is soon to be 33, Eli is 34, Romo will be 35 by next season, Brees/Brady obviously up there. so just based on age, i'm assuming we can rule out all these dudes

1. Luck
2. Rodgers

after the top 2, the easy choices are Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Matt Stafford, Joe Flacco... order those as you wish

3. Ryan
4. Wilson
5. Flacco
6. Stafford

and then it starts getting pretty difficult :lol... Newton, Tannehill, Dalton, Kaepernick are basically the only established starters that haven't been mentioned, and then you are already picking prospects like Bridgewater, Carr.

7. Tannehill
8. Newton
9. Carr
10. Bridgewater

imo

Mal
01-14-2015, 07:52 AM
Foles should go in 2nd group.

DeadlyDynasty
01-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Flacco's been in the driver's seat on a championship team, Wilson was riding bitch in the backseat, so I'll hold off on putting him over Joe

Avante
01-14-2015, 10:00 AM
1.Russell Wilson....we've seen the difference he's made at Seattle. The total package.
2.Andrew Luck....his decision making is why he's second, too many INT's.

Those two are young is why they get the nod over Aaron Rodgers. Obviously Rodgers is more talented but his age has him at number three.

4.Matt Ryan, all he needs is a defense.
5.Joe Flacco his big game exploits can't be ignored.

lefty
01-14-2015, 11:13 AM
1.Russell Wilson....we've seen the difference he's made at Seattle. The total package.
2.Andrew Luck....his decision making is why he's second, too many INT's.

Those two are young is why they get the nod over Aaron Rodgers. Obviously Rodgers is more talented but his age has him at number three.

4.Matt Ryan, all he needs is a defense.
5.Joe Flacco his big game exploits can't be ignored.
Russell is good tbh, but he has that great D too

Of course, he clearly shits on Crapernick

scanry
01-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Russell
Rodgers
Luck
Flacco

The rest are not worth mentioning.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:05 PM
Russell
Rodgers
Luck
Flacco

The rest are not worth mentioning.
yeah, but thats what makes naming the top 10 a challenge

Raven
01-14-2015, 01:34 PM
luck
rodgers
flacco
ryan
stafford

foles
glennon
carr
tannehill
bortles?

after that i wouldn't really know, since having a different type of qb would force me to draft differently and create a gimmick offense and that's not the right way to create a team. I guess i would just stockpile on offensive lineman and defenders and pounce on a qb when the right one is available.

Silver&Black
01-14-2015, 11:03 PM
luck
rodgers
flacco
ryan
stafford

foles
glennon
carr
tannehill
bortles?

:lmao

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 11:10 PM
:lmao
he's trollin tbh, didn't include wilson on his list

Silver&Black
01-14-2015, 11:15 PM
he's trollin tbh, didn't include wilson on his list

Yeah you're probably right. No Wilson or Cum Newton either. This is a rough top 10 to pick tbh...

BTW...Del Rio :tu

Clipper Nation
01-14-2015, 11:28 PM
4. Wilson
5. Flacco
:lmao Ranking Struggle over January Joe Bags

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 11:34 PM
:lmao Ranking Struggle over January Joe Bags
lol glorified Eli

Raven
01-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Yeah you're probably right. No Wilson or Cum Newton either. This is a rough top 10 to pick tbh... BTW...Del Rio :tu there must be a reason, what do you think? :lol

Silver&Black
01-14-2015, 11:39 PM
there must be a reason, what do you think? :lol

:monkey ?????

Raven
01-14-2015, 11:42 PM
:monkey ?????

yes, but in general the fact is that if you use a "double threat" qb (which neither is anyway since they are both running backs) you have to build your team on a whole different way.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 11:46 PM
yes, but in general the fact is that if you use a "double threat" qb (which neither is anyway since they are both running backs) you have to build your team on a whole different way.
yeah but you have Glennon above Wilson tbh :lol

Raven
01-15-2015, 12:03 AM
yeah but you have Glennon above Wilson tbh :lol

nop, i don't even consider wilson. I don't think choosing a qb is something that is done by making a sum of skills and choosing the one with the higher ranking.

spurraider21
01-15-2015, 12:17 AM
nop, i don't even consider wilson. I don't think choosing a qb is something that is done by making a sum of skills and choosing the one with the higher ranking.
yeah but Glennon isn't a viable NFL starter, while Wilson clearly is

you not liking him doesn't change that

Malik Hairston
01-15-2015, 01:19 AM
- Where is all this Matt Ryan hype coming from?

- Nick Foles sucks, tbh:lol

Clipper Nation
01-15-2015, 01:22 AM
lol glorified Eli

:lol January Joe Bags = statistically one of the top 3 clutchest QB's of all time
:lol Struggle Wilson = glorified Brad Johnson

spurraider21
01-15-2015, 01:28 AM
- Where is all this Matt Ryan hype coming from?

- Nick Foles sucks, tbh:lol
where would you put him on your personal list for this thread?

spurraider21
01-15-2015, 01:30 AM
:lol January Joe Bags = statistically one of the top 3 clutchest QB's of all time
Flacco had a godly run in the 2012 playoffs... has 14 TD's and 10 INT's in his other playoff runs

Clipper Nation
01-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Flacco had a godly run in the 2012 playoffs... has 14 TD's and 10 INT's in his other playoff runs

Most playoff road wins of any quarterback ever. January Joe, aka Joe Bags, aka Joelite, aka Joey II Clutch :worthy:

Meanwhile, Struggle just rides the coattails of Lynch and the defense while taking all the credit. The Enrique comparisons are spot-on.

Silver&Black
01-15-2015, 02:31 AM

:pctoss

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 05:27 PM
if we were remaking this list...

i'd cut tannehill and bridgewater pretty easily, and probably cam. flacco too, perhaps. replace them with cousins, winston, prescott... then who? mariota? garoppolo?

Clipper Nation
12-06-2016, 06:37 PM
:lol at cutting January Joe Bags but not Struggle.

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 06:40 PM
:lol at cutting January Joe Bags but not Struggle.flacco has been in the league for 9 years, he's 31. his 2012 playoff run is stuff of legend, but i'm not giving him a free pass going forward because of something really good he did 4 years ago. he's an average-ish qb.

wilson last year threw for more yards, more td's, and less interceptions than flacco ever has

Clipper Nation
12-06-2016, 06:43 PM
flacco has been in the league for 9 years, he's 31. his 2012 playoff run is stuff of legend, but i'm not giving him a free pass going forward because of something really good he did 4 years ago. he's an average-ish qb.

wilson last year threw for more yards, more td's, and less interceptions than flacco ever has
Joe Bags has never had a team even half as stacked as Struggle's. And he gives zero fucks about the regular season.

The Seahawks would be going for a fivepeat right now if they had Flacco instead of Struggle.

Avante
12-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Joe Bags has never had a team even half as stacked as Struggle's. And he gives zero fucks about the regular season.

The Seahawks would be going for a fivepeat right now if they had Flacco instead of Struggle.

Are you just a retard? Dude, you are a joke, ok?

Compare Flaccos entire career to the one below it, ok guy?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

What do we all see there slick?

Clipper Nation
12-06-2016, 07:16 PM
2012 + most road playoff wins of any QB ever > Struggle's entire career

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 07:20 PM
do you ever get tired of playing a shtick and ever just want to have an actual nfl discussion, tbh?

Avante
12-06-2016, 07:21 PM
2012 + most road playoff wins of any QB ever > Struggle's entire career

Now compare his body of work in his career vs what Wilson has done. So what do we see?

There ain't NOBODY who thinks Flacco is better than Wilson. Yep, you're the only one, but you also think Anderson is better than Newton, hahahaha~~~~~

Speaking of the Ravens, how is Terrance West doing?

Clipper Nation
12-06-2016, 07:26 PM
do you ever get tired of playing a shtick and ever just want to have an actual nfl discussion, tbh?
I always have actual NFL discussions. All my arguments are backed up by facts and stats. People just can't stand how correct my takes are 95% of the time, so they desperately need it to be a "schtick" to suit their agendas.

Avante
12-06-2016, 07:29 PM
I always have actual NFL discussions. All my arguments are backed up by facts and stats. People just can't stand how correct my takes are 95% of the time, so they desperately need it to be a "schtick" to suit their agendas.

Ya mean FACTS like Flacco was ranked 97 in the last NFL Top 100, with RW at 17? FACTS like Flaccos stats are wimpy compared to RW's, those FACTS?

Tell us all again about how Rex is exposing the Raiders for the fakes they are, hahahahaha~~~~ You did get one thng right, that is about 95%, but it's about being wrong.

Dude, what do you have against reality, you seem to stay as far away from it as ya can, why?

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 07:43 PM
I always have actual NFL discussions. All my arguments are backed up by facts and stats. People just can't stand how correct my takes are 95% of the time, so they desperately need it to be a "schtick" to suit their agendas.i get that you dont like wilson. most of this forum doesn't either. but the constant charade about him not being starting caliber, etc, is just a schtick and it just bogs down what could be discussion into troll threads

Avante
12-06-2016, 07:54 PM
i get that you dont like wilson. most of this forum doesn't either. but the constant charade about him not being starting caliber, etc, is just a schtick and it just bogs down what could be discussion into troll threads

He runs down Peyton and Wilson, but talks up Flacco and Derek Anderson, that right there says it all about the guy.

DD
12-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Flacco will always put up pedestrian RS #'s...but if you ask me which of the 2 I need to carry my team in the playoffs I'll take Joe Bags any day of the week. There are three QB's of our most recent generation (Manning/Brady era), that no matter how bad they look on paper, once they hit the playoffs NOBODY wants to draw them: Big Rape, Eli, and Joe Bags.

Brady is an obvious choice too, but his excellence hardly ever wavers from RS to PS so he was a shoe-in. Big Ben is usually a stud in both the RS and PS too. Something about the other 2 though...they turn into Joe Montana in the playoffs

Avante
12-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Flacco will always put up pedestrian RS #'s...but if you ask me which of the 2 I need to carry my team in the playoffs I'll take Joe Bags any day of the week. There are three QB's of our most recent generation (Manning/Brady era), that no matter how bad they look on paper, once they hit the playoffs NOBODY wants to draw them: Big Rape, Eli, and Joe Bags.

Brady is an obvious choice too, but his excellence hardly ever wavers from RS to PS so he was a shoe-in. Big Ben is usually a stud in both the RS and PS too. Something about the other 2 though...they turn into Joe Montana in the playoffs

Reality....

Playoff stats

Flacco

comp % 56.6
TD.INT...25-10
Passer rating....88.6
Rushing...87 yards

Russell Wilson

16-9

Keep in mind, Wilson plants the seed...will he run or pass?...something Flacco doesn't do.

DD
12-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Reality....

Playoff stats

Flacco

comp % 56.6
TD.INT...25-10
Passer rating....88.6
Rushing...87 yards

Russell Wilson

16-9

Keep in mind, Wilson plants the seed...will he run or pass?...something Flacco doesn't do.

Just sit this this one out, you can't win a playoff debate between these two. Those #'s just made my case, especially the TD-INT ratio (lol same amt of picks)...also factor in that Flacco has played in 15 playoff games (13/15 of those games were on the road!), and in all 6 playoff runs he's had to face AT LEAST one of the following: Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger...that's 8 superbowl wins among them. He has won handily against all of them in a playoff road game (and also lost to them, to be fair, with just the 2009 Colts matchup being a blowout).

Russell has played 6 road games out of 10 (including SB's): In the first SB against Denver, he had 95 yards passing and no TD's until the score was 29-0. In his second SB against NE he choked harder than Jackie Smith in what is universally accepted as the worst play in SB history (worse than Garo Yepremian). He beat Drew Brees (in Seattle, but had like 100 passing yards though :lol), and Aaron Rodgers (in Seattle, despite throwing 4 picks), and he can also add wins against RG3 and Teddy Bridgewater/Blair Walsh to his resume.

EDIT: We can't forget how he also defeated the 7-8-1 Panthers (in Seattle) in a Divisional Round playoff game. Definitely equal competition they've faced

DD
12-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Just realized half of Wilson's 10 playoff games have been against black QB's, whereas Joe played against just one (Kaepernick, but he was killing it that year and DC's had no game film on the pistol yet)

spurraider21
12-07-2016, 05:09 PM

yeah, flacco's playoff resume is more impressive than wilson's to this point, but imo a lot of that has to do with flacco having been in the league for 5 more years. its easy to knock on wilson for having a good defense, but in Flacco's first 2 years where he racked up his road playoff wins that keep getting cited, the ravens defense gave up 15 ppg and 16 ppg in those two years

in the 2008 playoffs, the ravens won at miami, where flacco completed 9 of 23 passes for 135 yards, and they won at tennessee where he completed 11 of 22 for 161 and 1 td. in their loss he completed 13 of 30 for 141 and 3 INT's. and again, this on a team with a great defense allowing 15 ppg. if that was wilson in his rookie year, would you say he's a young clutch qb winning impressive road playoff games?

in the 2009 playoffs, they beat the pats in a game where flacco completed 4 of 10 passes for 34 yards and 1 INT. in their loss the next week he completed 20 of 35 for 189 and 2 INT's. again, on a team giving up 16 ppg.

the problem with the wilson/flacco thing is you aren't putting them on an equal playing field. flacco gets credit for winning road playoff games as rookie and sophomore where he was a playoff nonfactor on a team with a good run game and elite defense. but when wilson also racked up some impressive wins in his first couple of years, he gets no credit because... he had a great defense?

granted, wilson hasn't had a playoff run that rivals Flacco's 2012, which was arguably the best of all time. and even that came in a year where ray rice accounted for more yardage than marshawn lynch did in the seahawks superbowl year. and that run was only possible because a denver safety fell down and allowed a ridiculous miracle heave to keep them alive. they were down 7 with 40 seconds and no timeouts, 70 yards away :lol. granted, it was a great play by flacco, but still relied on the defense screwing the pooch for it to be successful

i think its perfectly fair to call flacco the better playoff qb to this point, but he's had more time to put that resume together, which is still largely held together by 1 great run in a 9 year career

Avante
12-11-2016, 02:49 AM
Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Eli.....all HOF bound.

Maybe....Wilson, Luck make it also.

The sky is the limit for Prescott and Carr.

The best of the rest...Ryan and Stafford.

Winston looks to be coming on. Mariota?

Newton has seen his best days.

Nobody else worth mentioning.

Raven
12-11-2016, 03:16 AM
Now compare his body of work in his career vs what Wilson has done. So what do we see?

There ain't NOBODY who thinks Flacco is better than Wilson. Yep, you're the only one, but you also think Anderson is better than Newton, hahahaha~~~~~

Speaking of the Ravens, how is Terrance West doing?

i do

chunticakes
12-11-2016, 06:13 AM
i do

As do I.

SpursforSix
12-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Are you just a retard? Dude, you are a joke, ok?

Compare Flaccos entire career to the one below it, ok guy?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

What do we all see there slick?

You can always tell...yep...YOU SHOOT SICK PaeDOS in the heaD ! Rookies

Clipper Nation
12-11-2016, 09:43 AM
As do I.
So do I.

Avante
12-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Well let's see....

Flacco career stats

comp% 61.3 RW...64.8
Most TD in a season...27 RW 34
Least INT;s in a season...10, RW 7
QB rating 84.6, RW100.3
Most yards in a season...3986, RW 4024

No need to even ralk about rushing.

RW has won a playoff game in every season.

There is nothing there that says Flacco, it's all RW.

Flacco was ranked 97 in the last NFL top 100, RW number 17, so the players go with RW. As does this guy who has seen them all since Johnny U.

So there's Joe Flacco who has worst TD/INT ratio, inferior comp %, yards in a season, QB rating, rushing, and his peers see him WAY behind RW.

Facts are cool~~~

Taking their best numbers and making a fantasy season.

Flacco

comp% 64.4, RW 68.1
yards 3986, RW 4024
TD/INT 27/10, RW 34/7
QB rating 93.6, RW 110.1

There is nothing anywhere that has Flacco better than RW.

Compare their playoff stats and we see the same thing.

Flacco

comp% 56.60, RW 60.51
QB rating 88.6, RW 93.4

How could anyone not get this?

And we are ignoring the stress RW puts on a defense because of his running ability.

benefactor
12-11-2016, 10:36 AM
i do

As do I.

So do I.
:tu

Clipper Nation
12-11-2016, 10:40 AM
Seattle would trade Struggle for Flacco straight up if that was ever an option.

Avante
12-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Seattle would trade Struggle for Flacco straight up if that was ever an option.

How come you always totally ignore what people tell you?

Hey Clipper Nation talk to me about Flacco's inferior stats and the fact he was ranked 97 to Wilsons 17, well?

And if you think Pete Carroll wants the 97 ranked player over the 17th......hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~ So ya haven't figure out Carroll wants to run the ball yet?

No way in hell anyone would take Flacco over Russell Wilson, talk about a stupid comment, there it was.

Wilson has the superior stats this season.

If we look at Flaccos QB rating his first 4 seasons....

Russell Wilson

110.1.....to lead the NFL.

Come on little guy, you really can't see it?

Wilson has three times more TD;s than INT's, we can't say that about 90% of all QB's.

Avante
12-11-2016, 11:17 AM
Hmmmmmmm?

25. Baltimore Ravens

Starter: Joe Flacco
Backup: Ryan Mallett
Key stat: Flacco threw just one deep touchdown all of last season (20+ air yards), tied for fewest in the NFL.
Joe Flacco’s career is a study in the importance of timing. He managed to string together the best run of his career to take the team to the Super Bowl, and ultimately parlayed that into a big-money contract that he hasn’t been close to justifying since. Flacco has talent, but more than many QBs, he needs to be surrounded with the right supporting cast to excel, and even then you are at the mercy of his greater-than-average variance in form. 2015 was arguably the worst season of his career, and saw him complete fewer than 50 percent of his passes when pressured and throw twice as many interceptions (eight) as touchdowns (four) on those plays. This was a big reason the Ravens looked to the O-line early in the draft. Behind him, Ryan Mallett has had brief opportunities in his NFL career so far, but has yet to look like a viable NFL QB.

5. Seattle SeahawksStarter: Russell Wilson
Backup: Trevone Boykin
Key stat: Wilson led the NFL last season with a passer rating of 105.5 on plays where the time to throw was 2.6+ seconds.
Russell Wilson has always been more than the game-managing quarterback his critics label him as. In 2015, he was the sixth-highest-graded QB in the league with an 85.5 mark (https://grades.profootballfocus.com/#/ratings/positions/show/QB) and had excellent numbers across the board. When you add in his ability to make plays with his legs, both designed and when scrambling, you have one of the tougher players in the league to contain. Nowhere was that better illustrated than in the playoff game against Minnesota, whose defense suffocated Seattle virtually all game, but lost control of Wilson for just a few seconds and he punished them for a touchdown that was ultimately the difference. Long-time backup Tarvaris Jackson has departed, and rookie Trevone Boykin is currently the No. 2 QB on the Seahawks’ roster. Boykin earned the seventh-highest passing grade in the FBS last year.

Clipper Nation
12-11-2016, 11:20 AM
chirp chirp

Avante
12-11-2016, 11:21 AM
chirp chirp

Smart move little man, and I don't blame ya. Will you EVER get anything right?

Hey NFL players what do ya rank Joe Flacco?

NFL players...97

How about Russell Wilson?

NFL players...17

Dude, tell us all again about how Rex is exposing those Raider fakers, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a moron.

Clipper Nation
12-11-2016, 11:34 AM
:lol NFL player rankings

There's a reason why players don't get to coach their teams or make any personnel decisions. These are the same retards who blow all their money by the time they wash out of the league (studies show that 1 in 6 NFL players go bankrupt), who whine on Twitter every time an NBA player gets overpaid even though their union keeps agreeing to the most anti-player salary structures in sports, etc.

I think I'll stick with reality. And here in reality, Flacco shits all over Struggle.

Avante
12-11-2016, 11:42 AM
:lol NFL player rankings

There's a reason why players don't get to coach their teams or make any personnel decisions. These are the same retards who blow all their money by the time they wash out of the league (studies show that 1 in 6 NFL players go bankrupt), who whine on Twitter every time an NBA player gets overpaid even though their union keeps agreeing to the most anti-player salary structures in sports, etc.

I think I'll stick with reality. And here in reality, Flacco shits all over Struggle.

How many of those players spend all their time acting like a grumpy bitch faggot faggot faggot wimper negative all day long like you on the internet? Stupid, they play against those guys, ok dummy?

So ya ignore what their peers tell you, what this historian tells you, what ALL the stats tell you....right?

Dude, you are a fucking joke.

Stupid, I just showed you where one site ranked Flacco 25 and Wilson 5 among current QB's, I challenge you to find me anyone ranking Flacco over Wilson, come on guy let's see it.

Joe Flacco is a middle of the pack QB, as we will see Monday night.

Clipper Nation
12-11-2016, 11:48 AM
In Wilson's case, some will mention he has six touchdown passes to just one interception in the playoffs, but there have been plenty of passes that could have been caught by the defense or that were nowhere close to his desired target. Plus, he doesn't throw the ball -- neither does Cam for that matter -- throw the ball much to throw many interceptions.

Advantage Flacco.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/09/why-id-take-flacco-over-any-remaining-qb-in-the-postseason/21126533/

Clipper Nation
12-11-2016, 11:51 AM
8. Joe Flacco, RavensMaybe the strongest arm in the NFL (yes, arm strength matters), and he’s used it aptly in multiple schemes in recent years. It’s still incredible how little talk there is about his 2012 playoff run, which is probably the best ever.

12. Russell Wilson, SeahawksPossesses unique skills that defensive coordinators hate to scheme against. But also has limitations that an offensive coordinator has to scheme around. Having Marshawn Lynch and a legendary defense makes that easier.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/07/03/nfl-quarterback-rankings/2

Avante
12-11-2016, 11:55 AM
In Wilson's case, some will mention he has six touchdown passes to just one interception in the playoffs, but there have been plenty of passes that could have been caught by the defense or that were nowhere close to his desired target. Plus, he doesn't throw the ball -- neither does Cam for that matter -- throw the ball much to throw many interceptions.

Advantage Flacco.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/09/why-id-take-flacco-over-any-remaining-qb-in-the-postseason/21126533/

Dude, didn't I show you that Wilson had the superior comp% in the reg season and playoffs?

Avante
12-11-2016, 12:01 PM
8. Joe Flacco, Ravens

Maybe the strongest arm in the NFL (yes, arm strength matters), and he’s used it aptly in multiple schemes in recent years. It’s still incredible how little talk there is about his 2012 playoff run, which is probably the best ever.

12. Russell Wilson, Seahawks

Possesses unique skills that defensive coordinators hate to scheme against. But also has limitations that an offensive coordinator has to scheme around. Having Marshawn Lynch and a legendary defense makes that easier.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/07/03/nfl-quarterback-rankings/2

One of a ton...

https://www.axs.com/the-10-best-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl-right-now-84148

Where's Flacco?

You will lose this one skippy, trust me.