PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: What's ANOTHER week off get you?

midnightpulp
01-14-2015, 12:54 AM
12 points on 3-19 shooting, with two of those buckets coming in garbage time.

If he doesn't willingly give up his All Star game starting spot to James Harden, Hell if he doesn't refuse to play in the All Star game altogether, I'll respect the man even less than I already do.

Do what's morally right, Kobe.

#giveuptheallstargame

Splits
01-14-2015, 01:33 AM
And 2-12 the previous game...

A week off buys you 5 for 31 :lmao

rogues
01-14-2015, 01:36 AM
Answering the OP, rest..piece of mind, tbh..

rogues
01-14-2015, 01:37 AM
BD doesn't take weeks or days off..BD is a hardcore tough son of a bitch, tbh..

Clipper Nation
01-14-2015, 02:10 AM
:lol We all know the All-Star Game is just going to be another unwatchable chucking/stat-padding contest between Kirby and Durant.

Killakobe81
01-14-2015, 04:10 AM

If he doesn't willingly give up his All Star game starting spot to James Harden, Hell if he doesn't refuse to play in the All Star game altogether, I'll respect the man even less than I already do.

#giveuptheallstargame

The pick that's what you get Kobe's abysmal shooting just helping the cause

Killakobe81
01-14-2015, 04:12 AM

#giveuptheallstargame

Lol mids respect ...
Lol ASG
Mid caring about meaningless exhibition

Kool Bob Love
01-14-2015, 06:19 AM

pgardn
01-14-2015, 08:30 AM
Lol mids respect ...
Lol ASG
Mid caring about meaningless exhibition

Mids knows it's a meaningless exhibition.
Kobelstank cherishes the moment.
Ya gots ta get on the prima Donna level here.

Killakobe81
01-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Mids knows it's a meaningless exhibition.
Kobelstank cherishes the moment.
Ya gots ta get on the prima Donna level here.

Mehh ... Not only should Kobe not start (or play for that matter) I was telling a fellow Laker fan I think he is "done" after this season. He already is done as a top level player. But to hear him talk about how old he feels and needing rest etc. He sounds likea dude knowing his days are numbered. I know he has 24 million reasosn not to retire after this season but if he meant what he said about not playing as a shell of his former self, tough to argue that he should shut it down period. He looks like Shaq in Boston at worst and at best Several notches past what he down the stretch of the last Season with Dwight. It's too bad those last FT's werent the last image of Kobe in the achilles game. Instead we get brick fest like last night.

All that being said I appreciate the tank efforts and ALL his years of service my 2nd favorite Lakers despite the haters. But the Kobe i see now the young Kobe would be disgusted by.

ambchang
01-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Mehh ... Not only should Kobe not start (or play for that matter) I was telling a fellow Laker fan I think he is "done" after this season. He already is done as a top level player. But to hear him talk about how old he feels and needing rest etc. He sounds likea dude knowing his days are numbered. I know he has 24 million reasosn not to retire after this season but if he meant what he said about not playing as a shell of his former self, tough to argue that he should shut it down period. He looks like Shaq in Boston at worst and at best Several notches past what he down the stretch of the last Season with Dwight. It's too bad those last FT's werent the last image of Kobe in the achilles game. Instead we get brick fest like last night.

All that being said I appreciate the tank efforts and ALL his years of service my 2nd favorite Lakers despite the haters. But the Kobe i see now the young Kobe would be disgusted by.

Give it a rest Killa, young Kobe and old Kobe is all the same. He didn't change at all. It has always been about himself and how he could maximize his marketing potential. It was never about the Lakers, never about the fans, never about winning. Those are just things that allowed him to get more money, that's it, and that's all.

He is, by any measurement, one of the most successful players in the history of the league. He took credit as the alpha for five championships, when he was really the alpha of 1, tops 2, of those championships. He got to 3rd all time and labelled as one of the best scorers in the history of league despite him being extremely inefficient and only leading the league in scorer twice in a 19 year career when perimeter players like Allen Iverson (4 times in 17 seasons), and T-Mac (twice in 16 years), players who are by all means NOT labelled as the best scorers of all time, did the same or better. He was labelled clutch despite statistics showing that he is one of the worst in closing out games. He was labelled as a defensive stopper when he stopped playing defense about a decade ago and had a DBPM of over 0 in 4 out of his 19 seasons and DWS of over 3 in 8 seasons. He is known to be some kind of playoff warrior when his FG% in the playoffs actually dipped and his scoring stayed about the same DESPITE playing most of his playoff games in his prime.

Every single aspect that is supposed to support Kobe as a top flight player is a lie, but that never stopped the media from perpetuating that lie, and for fans who have no understanding of advanced or even basic metrics to hang on to them.

Wildcat67
01-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Thing about the all-star game is any player in the NBA can score a ton of points in it because there is no defense being played. It's only the matter of which guy decides to shoot the most. We all know who that will be, so even though he can't produce against real NBA defense, he shouldn't have any problem shooting a good percentage in the all-star game.

Cry Havoc
01-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Give it a rest Killa, young Kobe and old Kobe is all the same. He didn't change at all. It has always been about himself and how he could maximize his marketing potential. It was never about the Lakers, never about the fans, never about winning. Those are just things that allowed him to get more money, that's it, and that's all.

He is, by any measurement, one of the most successful players in the history of the league. He took credit as the alpha for five championships, when he was really the alpha of 1, tops 2, of those championships. He got to 3rd all time and labelled as one of the best scorers in the history of league despite him being extremely inefficient and only leading the league in scorer twice in a 19 year career when perimeter players like Allen Iverson (4 times in 17 seasons), and T-Mac (twice in 16 years), players who are by all means NOT labelled as the best scorers of all time, did the same or better. He was labelled clutch despite statistics showing that he is one of the worst in closing out games. He was labelled as a defensive stopper when he stopped playing defense about a decade ago and had a DBPM of over 0 in 4 out of his 19 seasons and DWS of over 3 in 8 seasons. He is known to be some kind of playoff warrior when his FG% in the playoffs actually dipped and his scoring stayed about the same DESPITE playing most of his playoff games in his prime.

Every single aspect that is supposed to support Kobe as a top flight player is a lie, but that never stopped the media from perpetuating that lie, and for fans who have no understanding of advanced or even basic metrics to hang on to them.

Not to mention the fact that he was only a good defender for about 5 years in the league and lazy as fuck on D for the rest of his career. Just like scoring, he played passing lanes instead of his man to get dem stats.

Medvedenko
01-14-2015, 03:27 PM
blah, blah, blah........

FkLA
01-14-2015, 03:50 PM

+he was widely considered the Player of the Decade over real legends like Timmy & Shaq.

The whole thing is so ridiculous once it's laid out like that. What a fucking fraud tbh.

AaronY
01-15-2015, 12:29 PM
blah, blah, blah........

Excellent counterpoint

Arcadian
01-15-2015, 01:22 PM
blah, blah, blah........

:lol look at dis fag

Killakobe81
01-15-2015, 04:46 PM
I refuse to address Amb anymore on the subject but I love all the generalizations he makes. I say Kobe should retire he is "done" but then he quotes me and rambles about his mind-set, motivations etc which he cant prove just like I cant about his competitive spirit etc or some more psycho bullshit and more Kobe attacks.

Dude is playing like shit. his fG% is in the gutter why make up shit or exaggerate? The truth is out there. I dont care about the narrative you or even Havoc (who is cool to when not discussing Kobe) right now Harlem is right he is barely a top 75 player and needs to retire. I just said my 2nd favorite Laker needs to retire but instead of focusing on that you are trying to attack a legacy that wont be impeached no matter how much bitching you do on here.
But kobe right now? he sucks and deserves the shit.

ambchang
01-15-2015, 04:57 PM
I refuse to address Amb anymore on the subject but I love all the generalizations he makes. I say Kobe should retire he is "done" but then he quotes me and rambles about his mind-set, motivations etc which he cant prove just like I cant about his competitive spirit etc or some more psycho bullshit and more Kobe attacks.

Dude is playing like shit. his fG% is in the gutter why make up shit or exaggerate? The truth is out there. I dont care about the narrative you or even Havoc (who is cool to when not discussing Kobe) right now Harlem is right he is barely a top 75 player and needs to retire. I just said my 2nd favorite Laker needs to retire but instead of focusing on that you are trying to attack a legacy that wont be impeached no matter how much bitching you do on here.
But kobe right now? he sucks and deserves the shit.

Him stinking it up this year is obvious, but the point is that he had always played that way. He didn't suddenly start to play this way after he snapped his Achilles.