PDA

View Full Version : Pop postgame comments

ElNono
01-14-2015, 02:01 AM
On Kawhi

"I don't know. He's just out. His hand, just has been tough. He had the eye first, the eye problem, and now the hand problem, so, he's a guy that we depend on to do a lot of things. He could've helped us on the boards tonight, for sure. We missed that a lot."

On the game

"I thought Washington played more consistently than we did. Randy has done a great job in getting them to buy into their system, they're playing aggressively, they're physical, they're in attack mode, they're sharing the basketball, and I think they're doing a great job"

On making the Finals again this year

"Why not? I don't think anybody is that great, very honestly. Golden State looks different from everybody, obviously, because of their record, but still, I think anybody can beat anybody else. Top 10-12 teams in the league, it's anybody's ball game"

On the struggles

"We just haven't been consistent. It would be easier if we had two guys out this whole time, and you knew who's going to be out every night. But every two, three games is different people, so that has made it a little bit tough on the guys. The seven back to backs in December, kinda put us in a bit of a hole, it's a bit too much for any team, let alone people like us who are older than dirt. We just have to keep our heads up, keep playing, we get everybody healthy, and I think we can be a very good team"

On seeding

"You know, winning championships is difficult, no matter how you slice it, but you don't have to have the best record in the league to win the championship, we've done both. We've done everything. We got beat in the 1st round, we've been low in one whole thing, and we've been first in one whole thing. Every year is a different animal. It's a different mosaic so to speak, and you just try to put it together as best you can. Hopefully we have good times to look forward to when we get everybody back."

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2015/01/14/CoachGreggPopovichpostgamecommen-3490553

Malik Hairston
01-14-2015, 02:03 AM
:lol he actually said that about the other teams, tbh?He's 100% correct, as many of us have been saying, the West is extremely weak at the top, but weird that he actually said it..

ElNono
01-14-2015, 02:05 AM
:lol he actually said that about the other teams, tbh?He's 100% correct, as many of us have been saying, the West is extremely weak at the top, but weird that he actually said it..

video on the link.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 02:14 AM
Pop is on point tbh...

lol at all these teams competing for regular season glory.

:lol

Robz4000
01-14-2015, 02:17 AM
Pop with the truth nuke on the West. Only problems are making the playoffs and staying healthy, but unfortunately both are tall orders.

SpurPadre
01-14-2015, 02:20 AM
He's also indirectly saying there's no way in hell they'll trade for anybody.

NASpurs
01-14-2015, 02:32 AM
Is SPAM still a thing the past few years (too lazy to look up the numbers) ? Will the Spurs PAM this year? I still believe that once healthy, they'll get into a hot steak and go into the playoffs wrecking teams with how unimpressive the West is overall.

milkyway21
01-14-2015, 04:25 AM
On Kawhi

"I don't know. He's just out. His hand, just has been tough. He had the eye first, the eye problem, and now the hand problem, so, he's a guy that we depend on to do a lot of things. He could've helped us on the boards tonight, for sure. We missed that a lot."

On the game

"I thought Washington played more consistently than we did. Randy has done a great job in getting them to buy into their system, they're playing aggressively, they're physical, they're in attack mode, they're sharing the basketball, and I think they're doing a great job"

"Why not? I don't think anybody is that great, very honestly. Golden State looks different from everybody, obviously, because of their record, but still, I think anybody can beat anybody else. Top 10-12 teams in the league, it's anybody's ball game"

On the struggles

"We just haven't been consistent. It would be easier if we had two guys out this whole time, and you knew who's going to be out every night. But every two, three games is different people, so that has made it a little bit tough on the guys. The seven back to backs in December, kinda put us in a bit of a hole, it's a bit too much for any team, let alone people like us who are older than dirt. We just have to keep our heads up, keep playing, we get everybody healthy, and I think we can be a very good team"

On seeding

"You know, winning championships is difficult, no matter how you slice it, but you don't have to have the best record in the league to win the championship, we've done both. We've done everything. We got beat in the 1st round, we've been low in one whole thing, and we've been first in one whole thing. Every year is a different animal. It's a different mosaic so to speak, and you just try to put it together as best you can. Hopefully we have good times to look forward to when we get everybody back."

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2015/01/14/CoachGreggPopovichpostgamecommen-3490553

Seldom you can hear Pop talking so optomistic about how his team will respond to losses.
Thanks Pop..I needed you to assure us that there's still a chance for your team to recover. And that you can beat anybody.

Kool Bob Love
01-14-2015, 06:49 AM
Pop. :tu

Outlier
01-14-2015, 07:05 AM
Wow I've never seen Pop sound this... Optimistic.

Harry Callahan
01-14-2015, 08:56 AM
You can't beat up the team night after night and crush a group lacking confidence right now. There are moments in the game where good flow occurs, but not long enough consistently enough.

If Leonard can play at a high level when he gets back, this team can still be very good. Leonard on the floor means an 8-10 swing per game in my opinion with his ability to defend, steal the ball and score. This is a HUGE issue right now. The other guys can't make up for those abilities. I hope he can play to his ability - that hand thing is a big concern.

A deep playoff run doesn't have to happen until April, so there is still time to improve. However, a lot of people have to play a lot better for that to actually happen.

tmtcsc
01-14-2015, 09:24 AM

Easy now...He was asked if he thought the Wizards were good enough to go to the Finals.

ElNono
01-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Easy now...He was asked if he thought the Wizards were good enough to go to the Finals.

:lol I could barely hear the questions. Applies all the same anyways, I suppose...

lefty
01-14-2015, 11:07 AM
Pop :wow

Mah nuggah

look_at_g_shred
01-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Pop with the truth nuke on the West. Only problems are making the playoffs and staying healthy, but unfortunately both are tall orders.

lefty
01-14-2015, 11:09 AM

http://i.imgur.com/FNvVnYv.gif

hater
01-14-2015, 11:31 AM
his answers sound like he already gave up on the season. he's just gonna throw shit and hope something sticks.

buttsR4rebounding
01-14-2015, 01:14 PM
his answers sound like he already gave up on the season. he's just gonna throw shit and hope something sticks.

I don't see how you get this...and why would he have given up on this season when you look back at the last 3 years. This team needs to hit its stride at the right time for sure, but I think most expect that to happen not for it to go in the crapper.

Mugen
01-14-2015, 01:32 PM
:lol This is great tbh. It's actually pretty re-assuring considering how retarded Pop's lineups have been.

MultiTroll
01-14-2015, 03:37 PM
:lol This is great tbh. It's actually pretty re-assuring considering how retarded Pop's lineups have been.

Brunodf
01-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Damn ,Pop seems so cocky...

gameFACE
01-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Pop is great at backhanded compliments. :lol Last game it was CoJo and now it's the top 10-12 teams. But it's true. I really like him basically saying we know your team is good but we're not afraid of your ass. If the Spurs get healthy - fuck yeah, why not?

bklynspursfan
01-14-2015, 04:20 PM
everything he said is true... at some point, they'll go on a nice winning streak and be a top seed again. rather them peak later too early. Despite how shitty they've played, and how many injuries, they're only 4.5 games out of first in the SW division.

hater
01-14-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't see how you get this...and why would he have given up on this season when you look back at the last 3 years. This team needs to hit its stride at the right time for sure, but I think most expect that to happen not for it to go in the crapper.

this team is old. its been through 2 Finals runs in the last 2 years. look what happened to Miami, they were dead tired after 3 straight Finals. it will take more than a small miracle for this team to go all the way for a 3rd straight time. possible? yes unlikely?? surely

T Park
01-14-2015, 06:40 PM
this team is old. its been through 2 Finals runs in the last 2 years. look what happened to Miami, they were dead tired after 3 straight Finals. it will take more than a small miracle for this team to go all the way for a 3rd straight time. possible? yes unlikely?? surely

The Spurs helped make them look tired as well. But hey memes and trolling from mom's basement and everything.

MultiTroll
01-14-2015, 06:56 PM
On tea and crumpetts
"Matty and I continue to be shown nice hospitality."

ElNono
01-14-2015, 06:57 PM
^ :lol

TD 21
01-14-2015, 07:06 PM

Plus a Conference Finals the year before. That's by far my biggest concern with this team: Energy. Even if healthy, do they have the legs to go the distance again? There's no way of knowing at this point obviously, but the signs don't look good.

If they do though and they're healthy, I still think their best is better than any one else and I still think the only series where home court would matter so much as to make the difference, would be against the Thunder.