PDA

View Full Version : Parker's usage rate is disugsting..

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 10:37 PM
12 shots in 22 minutes..Wow.

If the spurs are going to lose, it's because this guy thinks he deserves more shots than Kawhi..

Painful.

cd98
01-14-2015, 10:57 PM
It's funny because Parker is actually a more skilled scorer than Leonard. Lenard's offensive game is still pretty raw. TP is a great midrange shooter and has always been one of the best finishers in the league. Over his career, he has always been a high percentage shooter, and his career FG has been top notch for a guard. HOF player.

Nathan89
01-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Can you wait till kawhi returns before crying about tp taking shots?

FkLA
01-14-2015, 11:00 PM
It's funny because Parker is actually a more skilled scorer than Leonard. Lenard's offensive game is still pretty raw. TP is a great midrange shooter and has always been one of the best finishers in the league. Over his career, he has always been a high percentage shooter, and his career FG has been top notch for a guard. HOF player.

You realize we are in the year 2015 right ?

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:02 PM

It's the Big Show some respect.

:madrun

Big 3 the best forever...

cd98
01-14-2015, 11:02 PM

Yes. Parker is shooting 49%. But for his hamstring, he was playing stellar basketball.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Yes. Parker is shooting 49%. But for his hamstring, he was playing stellar basketball.

:lmao

What planet is this guy from?

cd98
01-14-2015, 11:08 PM

What planet is this guy from?

Yout a flip flopper. True unbiased fans recognize his greatness. He and Manu are grossly underrated players. A point guard that shoots 49% and creates havoc on opposing defenses should shoot. He plays well in the Spurs system and but for his hamstring he would be having yet another all star season.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:12 PM
Yout a flip flopper. True unbiased fans recognize his greatness. He and Manu are grossly underrated players. A point guard that shoots 49% and creates havoc on opposing defenses should shoot. He plays well in the Spurs system and but for his hamstring he would be having yet another all star season.

can we give this guy the mainstream big 3 fan award of the year please?

ducks
01-14-2015, 11:13 PM
the percent of games leonard is hurt is disgusting

I love the kid but lets help the team by being on the court and get those steals and rebounds
give the ball to tp and let him reward you with that dunk to finish that fast break

Mikeanaro
01-14-2015, 11:14 PM

pgardn
01-14-2015, 11:16 PM

I love the kid but lets help the team by being on the court and get those steals and rebounds
give the ball to tp and let him reward you with that dunk to finish that fast break

You see the problem is you are thinking about THE team.
Our clown OP is a middle school girl who did not get the ball enough.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:17 PM

rebounds and steals? this isn't 2011..

kawhi is needed to defend, rebound, steal and score..

Kawhi is the best scorer, best defender..hard to even compare the two.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:18 PM
Another mainstream fan with his mainstream take ^

Do people even watch game nowadys?

FireMicoHalili
01-14-2015, 11:26 PM

If the spurs are going to lose, it's because this guy thinks he deserves more shots than Kawhi..

Painful.
sa totoo lang pare nanggugulo ka lang no?

cd98
01-14-2015, 11:27 PM
Leonard is a raw scorer. If you give him 18 shots a game, he'll probably shoot a lower percentage than Parker. He's still developing. Parker is polished.

ducks
01-14-2015, 11:28 PM
lol pop has told tp to take over 25 shots in a game before

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:29 PM
Leonard is a raw scorer. If you give him 18 shots a game, he'll probably shoot a lower percentage than Parker. He's still developing. Parker is polished.

Wow this guy

cd98
01-14-2015, 11:30 PM
Parker is shooting 49% this season. Leonard is shooting 45%. Baby steps.

FireMicoHalili
01-14-2015, 11:30 PM
Another mainstream fan with his mainstream take ^

Do people even watch game nowadys?
just one game? Just one? Nowadys? Where and what is that

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-14-2015, 11:31 PM

:lol oh my god

ducks
01-14-2015, 11:31 PM
I bet tp is shooting better three ball then leonard

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:32 PM
:lol oh my god

I've never laughed so hard...

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-14-2015, 11:32 PM
dribble dribble jump shot sure is a sign of polished. :lmao

cd98
01-14-2015, 11:33 PM
I bet tp is shooting better three ball then leonard

He is.

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-14-2015, 11:35 PM
:lol antiquated takes

just go watch your 2005 dvds and talk about how bowen was a better player than kawhi. :lol

ducks
01-14-2015, 11:36 PM
tp 55.9 from downtown
leonard 33.1

rasuo214
01-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Who is the team's leading scorer?

ChumpDumper

just go watch your 2005 dvds and talk about how bowen was a better player than kawhi. :lolDid your other name get banned or something?

ducks

just go watch your 2005 dvds and talk about how bowen was a better player than kawhi. :lol

leonard was a worse shooter in 2005 chip had a lot of work to get him to this point

cd98
I shouldn't think too lowly of some Spur fans that have never actually played organized basketball. If they did, they would know how polished Parker's game is and how raw Leonard's game is. The numbers bear that out. Not saying that Leonard shouldn't get shots and keep developing. Just saying that people that complain about Tony shooting just don't know much about basketball. They are the same people that want Pop to be fired and want Manu to retire. And then they jump on the bandwagon when the Spurs win a title.

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:38 PM

:lol

testies
01-14-2015, 11:38 PM
I don't think Leonard should be getting high volume touches, but Parker definately should be 3rd choice guard

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:40 PM
I shouldn't think too lowly of some Spur fans that have never actually played organized basketball. If they did, they would know how polished Parker's game is and how raw Leonard's game is. The numbers bear that out. Not saying that Leonard shouldn't get shots and keep developing. Just saying that people that complain about Tony shooting just don't know much about basketball. They are the same people that want Pop to be fired and want Manu to retire. And then they jump on the bandwagon when the Spurs win a title.

Antiqued takes...

Big 3..

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:41 PM
I don't think Leonard should be getting high volume touches, but Parker definately should be 3rd choice guard

I don't think anyone said that tbh...Just the fact that Parker being a 1st guard ruins others people games..specially kawhi.

ducks
01-14-2015, 11:43 PM
could bring kawhi off the bench then that way manu takes away from kawhi's game not tp

leonard would never not see anyone on the court or take a force shot:lmao:lmao:lmao

cd98
01-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Antiqued takes...

Big 3..

Antiquated takes are based on evidence from last year's title that was less than a year ago.

rasuo214
01-14-2015, 11:44 PM

If you played organized basketball you would know how absurd of an argument it is to use shooting % to prove someone is better offensive player.

Just a few examples:

Would anyone argue that Parker is a better 3P shooter than Green? Yet Parker has the higher 3P%.
Is Manu one of the worst offensively skilled players on the team? Maybe if you only looked at his FG%
Was Kawhi a better offensive player than Parker last season? Kawhi had a higher FG% & 3P%

BTW just an fyi Kawhi's 2P% is higher than Parker's (49.5% vs 48.5%)

apalisoc_9
01-14-2015, 11:45 PM
Antiquated takes are based on evidence from last year's title that was less than a year ago.

This guy actually thinks tony played better than Kawhi in the last year and Half..

oh my god..

ducks
01-14-2015, 11:46 PM
I cringe on some three's manu shots he forces them and the brick

Malik Hairston
01-14-2015, 11:47 PM
Tony Lin, tbh, they are essentially the same player, at this point..

Clipper Nation
01-14-2015, 11:51 PM

Ugh, tbh... these player fans are disgusting. Upstairs needs more objective Spurs fans like Harlem and apalisoc.

KL2
01-14-2015, 11:54 PM

Parker has the entire offense/system/coach geared towards helping him score lmfao, Leonard does not have that. Leonard shot 42% on jumpers last year compared to Parker's 40%, this year he's even better. Leonard is the most complete offensive player on the team.

Floaters in the paint and from the FT line, mid range jumpers, post ups, dunks on shot blockers (which make TP shit his pants year after year), offensive put backs, transition, 3pters, offense off defense etc. it's pretty obvious his injuries greatly affected his shooting this year, I've seen him miss a bunch of easy layups this year, isn't even in a rhythm from 3 yet either. Parker has also greatly affected his and the team's offensive play with his ball hogging.

cd98
01-14-2015, 11:56 PM
If you played organized basketball you would know how absurd of an argument it is to use shooting % to prove someone is better offensive player.

Just a few examples:

Would anyone argue that Parker is a better 3P shooter than Green? Yet Parker has the higher 3P%.
Is Manu one of the worst offensively skilled players on the team? Maybe if you only looked at his FG%
Was Kawhi a better offensive player than Parker last season? Kawhi had a higher FG% & 3P%

BTW just an fyi Kawhi's 2P% is higher than Parker's (49.5% vs 48.5%)

Parker is a career 49.5% field goal percentage. He's not a statistical fluke. He's got one of the best mid range games in the NBA and he has been the best finishing point guard in the NBA at the rim. He was having a great season until his hamstring injury.

Kawhi may have been a little fluky three point shooter last year and has regressed this year. His dribble moves are somewhat stilted and his post ups too often rely on fade aways when shooting over smaller players. He's also not a great passer out of the post. The Spurs are teying to get him comfortable on the block, but that leads to more missed shots and turnovers. I'm not saying he shouldn't get the ball, just saying he will be less efficient with more usage because his offensive game lacks polish that guys like TD and Parker already have. Leonard's lack of scoring is not hurting this team near as much as his defense and rebounding. That's what we really miss.

rasuo214
01-15-2015, 12:05 AM
Parker is a career 49.5% field goal percentage. He's not a statistical fluke. He's got one of the best mid range games in the NBA and he has been the best finishing point guard in the NBA at the rim. He was having a great season until his hamstring injury.

Kawhi may have been a little fluky three point shooter last year and has regressed this year. His dribble moves are somewhat stilted and his post ups too often rely on fade aways when shooting over smaller players. He's also not a great passer out of the post. The Spurs are teying to get him comfortable on the block, but that leads to more missed shots and turnovers. I'm not saying he shouldn't get the ball, just saying he will be less efficient with more usage because his offensive game lacks polish that guys like TD and Parker already have. Leonard's lack of scoring is not hurting this team near as much as his defense and rebounding. That's what we really miss.

Career FG%:
Kawhi 49.8%
Parker 49.5%

Career 3P%:
Kawhi 36.9%
Parker 32.2%

FireMicoHalili
01-15-2015, 12:06 AM
These so-called 'mainstream big three fans' aren't saying Parker is better than Kawhi or that the Big Three are better players than anyone else in the roster, a response you've been tirelessly (yet miraculously failing to elicit) draw from the flock of posters here. These people aren't saying Parker > Leonard, but these people have been Spurs fans long enough to know what Parker can do, and there is still hope for him to recover in the season, just as much as there is hope Leonard can pull up his stats after the disgusting eye infection that has been a crutch for Leonard's proponents, as well as the bizarre hand injury that certified his status as an incrementally useful player. All arguments backing up Kawhi still hinges on an expectation that he's going to improve given the chance, but the guy is a china doll with a brand new iso game that slows down the motion offense which paved the way for the fifth title last season. His mid-range game is still shaky and his three-ball hasn't always been there. Time and again, pundits have slammed Ginobili (who just scored 20 points hours ago, by the way) and it's fair to establish Parker is going downhill from here, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially in the regular season. It's comical that people have been arguing and jumping off the cliff when the team hasn't played fully healthy, as look_at_g_shred has pointed out, and that the season has barely passed the All-Star break. Everyone knows you're definitely trolling, starting fires here and there, and it's pathetic and disgusting.

apalisoc_9
01-15-2015, 12:08 AM
Career FG%:
Kawhi 49.8%
Parker 49.5%

Career 3P%:
Kawhi 36.9%
Parker 32.2%

:lol

cd98
01-15-2015, 12:16 AM
Career FG%:
Kawhi 49.8%
Parker 49.5%

Career 3P%:
Kawhi 36.9%
Parker 32.2%

Kawhi has to play a lot more years for that to be an apples to apples comparison.

FkLA
01-15-2015, 12:16 AM
Enrique's midrange jumper being money has always been a huge myth. Not sure if nba.com started doing hot spots again but I used to check them out 2-3 years ago and his midrange jumper was pretty inefficient (can't check right now since on I'm on a tablet). People mistake the fact that he took a lot of those jumpers for him actually being efficient at them tbh.

itzsoweezee
01-15-2015, 12:20 AM

He's been horrible this year. There's no question about that. Parker hasn't been an elite player since the 2013 season.

itzsoweezee
01-15-2015, 12:26 AM
These so-called 'mainstream big three fans' aren't saying Parker is better than Kawhi or that the Big Three are better players than anyone else in the roster, a response you've been tirelessly (yet miraculously failing to elicit) draw from the flock of posters here. These people aren't saying Parker > Leonard, but these people have been Spurs fans long enough to know what Parker can do, and there is still hope for him to recover in the season, just as much as there is hope Leonard can pull up his stats after the disgusting eye infection that has been a crutch for Leonard's proponents, as well as the bizarre hand injury that certified his status as an incrementally useful player. All arguments backing up Kawhi still hinges on an expectation that he's going to improve given the chance, but the guy is a china doll with a brand new iso game that slows down the motion offense which paved the way for the fifth title last season. His mid-range game is still shaky and his three-ball hasn't always been there. Time and again, pundits have slammed Ginobili (who just scored 20 points hours ago, by the way) and it's fair to establish Parker is going downhill from here, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially in the regular season. It's comical that people have been arguing and jumping off the cliff when the team hasn't played fully healthy, as look_at_g_shred has pointed out, and that the season has barely passed the All-Star break. Everyone knows you're definitely trolling, starting fires here and there, and it's pathetic and disgusting.

Parker supposedly hasn't been fully healthy for 1 1/2 seasons, even with a full summer off. All the evidence suggests that it is more likely that Parker's current level of play is his new normal than him returning to all star status.

By the way, Kawhi's amazing play in two straight finals appearances more than earns him any benefit of the doubt. The guy can flat out play. The Spurs' mighty struggles in two straight seasons in games that he's been out clearly shows that he and Duncan are more important to this team than anyone else, tony included.

Nathan89
01-15-2015, 12:27 AM
http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/player/1134/tony-parker/shotchart/

I would say 85% of those shots taken in those Shit areas which Tony has taken an abundance of came at the expense of better ball movement. Reality is if we move the ball we will get a open three or layup. Unless Tony regains his attacking ability he is useless to us.

FireMicoHalili
01-15-2015, 12:32 AM
Parker supposedly hasn't been fully healthy for 1 1/2 seasons, even with a full summer off. All the evidence suggests that it is more likely that Parker's current level of play is his new normal than him returning to all star status.

By the way, Kawhi's amazing play in two straight finals appearances more than earns him any benefit of the doubt. The guy can flat out play. The Spurs' mighty struggles in two straight seasons in games that he's been out clearly shows that he and Duncan are more important to this team than anyone else, tony included.
Loki's wager. No terms of reference, no comparative stats, two different players, apples and oranges. No definition of 'evidence' and even if there were, you're comparing a player on the rise (keeps getting derailed by injuries) and a player on the slide. I agree that his amazing play is only going to get more amazing, but I wouldn't count out anyone (maybe except Daye) til the season comes to a close. Parker might not have been fully healthy last season, but he was key in the seven-game Dallas series. He isn't consistently bad. As much as I'd like to point out certain chunks and portions of this season and the last, any assessments are still premature. My only issue here is that Pop might be too stubborn and keep on waiting for a fully healthy squad, but I wouldn't particularly point to specific players when they are the same set of players that won a title from last season.

FkLA
01-15-2015, 12:34 AM
http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/player/1134/tony-parker/shotchart/

I would 85% of the shots taken in those Shit area which Tony has taken an abundance of came at the expense of better ball movement. Reality is if we move the ball we will get a open three or layup. Unless Tony regains his attacking ability he is useless to us.

Yep, his midrange shooting has always been in the 30s-low 40s % range. Huge fucking lie that he is a deadly midrange shooter.

http://i.imgur.com/OkQ1zwwl.jpg

Nathan89
01-15-2015, 12:39 AM
Yep, his midrange shooting has always been in the 30s-low 40s % range. Huge fucking lie that he is a deadly midrange shooter.

He's taking a lot of them without initiating the ball movement that makes the offense great. Danny green could chuck threes from 6ft behind the 3pt line and still net more points than tps midrange 2 pointers.

TDfan2007
01-15-2015, 02:25 AM
rebounds and steals? this isn't 2011..

kawhi is needed to defend, rebound, steal and score..

Kawhi is the best scorer, best defender..hard to even compare the two.

:lol Kawhi is the best scorer? Okay.

Kawhi is a lot of things, and he's the biggest difference maker on our team in the RS, but he is definitely not our best scorer.

apalisoc_9
01-15-2015, 02:43 AM
:lol Kawhi is the best scorer? Okay.

Kawhi is a lot of things, and he's the biggest difference maker on our team in the RS, but he is definitely not our best scorer.

The number 1 scorer in the team right now.

Continue being a mainstream big 3 fan though and denying facts.

18PPG in the last 10 games before he got injured...The highest in the team.

Again continue being a big 3 mainstream fan.

rmt
01-15-2015, 03:51 AM
I hope that Parker's ego will not prevent him from allowing Leonard the opportunity to grow offensively. He needs to take tips from Duncan on how to gracefully let go of the offensive reigns. The future success of this team depends on growth in the youngsters' games. Green has improved drastically this year - benefitting from the injuries and the opportunity to drive and score/pass while still maintaining defensive intensity. When Leonard comes back from injury, I hope that Pop will allow him the freedom to grow offensively too, but I fear that he'll be so focused on winning games that KL won't get that chance. I like where the Spurs are in the standing - in the POR/MEM/LAC bracket. Let OKC (if they make the playoffs) deal with GSW and HOU. Just get everyone healthy and work on team chemistry - home court won't be that important if health and chemistry are fine.

Macca76
01-15-2015, 04:10 AM

Painful.
Shut up