PDA

View Full Version : Should Cardale Jones join the NFL draft?

MultiTroll
01-15-2015, 01:28 AM
I say yes.
I also say he should sit a year on whichever NFL team would draft him.

Bullshit to the ones who say he is all physical and no mental talent. He showed a ton of good mental moves in his 3 games. Of course college does not equal the NFL so i think he has a long way to go mentally before jumping into an NFL starting role. Which is why i say sit a year on the right team with the right coaches.

If he comes back, what a cluster at Ohio State. While Im sure Urban will declare it an open competition, you gotta believe one of the 3 will bail before the season starts.

Pelicans78
01-15-2015, 01:23 PM
I say no. He should stay.

Spur-Addict
01-15-2015, 01:44 PM
How many years of eligibility will he have left? If he'll be a junior, and likely sit behind someone who is younger, it makes more sense to sit for a team that pays you. He can always finish his education later. I understand the argument of getting experience etc. But, if he isn't going to play, the better place to learn is the place were you want to go.

Blake
01-15-2015, 01:49 PM
If he declared, what team would draft him and in what round?

MultiTroll
01-15-2015, 02:00 PM
But, if he isn't going to play, the better place to learn is the place were you want to go.
On that note, he is set to ask Urban Meyer as we speak if he will be the starter or not. If Meyer says anything other then "yes", Jones said to declare for the draft today at 400 Eastern.

Spur-Addict
01-15-2015, 03:16 PM
If he declared, what team would draft him and in what round?

I have no idea, but there are plenty of teams that need a QB, and others that have QBs which leave a bit to be desired. So to take a late round flyer on what could be a few years down the line isn't necessarily a bad investment. Especially when players in the latter rounds at other positions sometimes don't vary much in ability comparatively to some who are undrafted. A lot of potential with Cardale based on his skillset and size. The question becomes, why not take a late round flyer on potential?

On that note, he is set to ask Urban Meyer as we speak if he will be the starter or not. If Meyer says anything other then "yes", Jones said to declare for the draft today at 400 Eastern.

Meyer probably will not be able to make any commitment to him. How could he?

Pelicans78
01-15-2015, 03:18 PM
Well, I think he should be the front runner for the starting job at this point. He won 3 games against 3 quality opponents, two of those teams were 1 and 2 in the country.

Spur-Addict
01-15-2015, 04:16 PM
:lmao This conference

Sheriff Hoyt
01-15-2015, 04:24 PM
What a dumbass.

hehateme
01-15-2015, 05:00 PM
I think you guys give him to much credit. The RB and the o-line won both those games and deserve the credit more than him. I would say stick any QB in there with the ability to dual threat and they win regardless due to the run game alone.

Blake
01-15-2015, 05:01 PM
I have no idea, but there are plenty of teams that need a QB, and others that have QBs which leave a bit to be desired. So to take a late round flyer on what could be a few years down the line isn't necessarily a bad investment. Especially when players in the latter rounds at other positions sometimes don't vary much in ability comparatively to some who are undrafted. A lot of potential with Cardale based on his skillset and size. The question becomes, why not take a late round flyer on potential?

Meyer probably will not be able to make any commitment to him. How could he?

well if being picked in late rounds is possible then he may as well stay at Ohio St.

.....which he will.

SupremeGuy
01-16-2015, 12:22 AM
I think he should, tbh. Strike while the iron is hot and all that. It doesn't seem like he's going to start at Ohio next year so how's that going to help his draft position?

spurraider21
01-16-2015, 01:18 AM
I think he should, tbh. Strike while the iron is hot and all that. It doesn't seem like he's going to start at Ohio next year so how's that going to help his draft position?
ur late to the party. he announced hes staying in school

SupremeGuy
01-16-2015, 06:52 AM
ur late to the party. he announced hes staying in schoolI know, man. I'm just saying that I think it's a mistake.

JoeTait75
01-16-2015, 09:17 AM
I know, man. I'm just saying that I think it's a mistake.

I agree with you that coming out would have been a good idea, but on the other hand there's a good chance he'll be the only fully healthy QB of the three when spring practice rolls around. So he has a very good shot at becoming the frontrunner for the starting job, if he isn't already. And he's probably going to get drafted by someone just based on his measurables even if he doesn't start in 2015, IMO.

MultiTroll
01-16-2015, 03:27 PM
I think you guys give him to much credit. The RB and the o-line won both those games and deserve the credit more than him. I would say stick any QB in there with the ability to dual threat and they win regardless due to the run game alone.
Do not agree. I think his passing and running helped set up the halfback runs just as much as the halfback runs helped him with the pass game. 50/50.
Cardale made some very good tight passes as well as some excellent runs. His QB sneak on 4th down, the one where he got stuffed at the line but very alertly kept moving, spun around and made it in for the touchdown. That is one that very few NFL QBs can do.

His ability to throw long, most excellent arm, keeps dbs honest and they can cheat up but only at their own risk. This also helps the run game.

MultiTroll
01-16-2015, 03:32 PM
I agree with you that coming out would have been a good idea, but on the other hand there's a good chance he'll be the only fully healthy QB of the three when spring practice rolls around. So he has a very good shot at becoming the frontrunner for the starting job, if he isn't already. And he's probably going to get drafted by someone just based on his measurables even if he doesn't start in 2015, IMO.
To me Cardale simply has to be #1 on the depth chart going in. Altho i can see where with the resume of the other 2, Urban can with a straight face say it's an open competition. If one of the other two does start, anything short of a National Champ is gonna be considered pretty much fail.

Concur with you, Cardale has shown enough he will get drafted even if he never plays another Ohio State down. I was hoping the retard Chargers would get him but you know they are wayy to stoopid to make that move. Lot of teams could take him and sit him a year tho. Buffalo, list goes on and on. Anyway it's a moot point, he's staying at OSU. I question leaving 2 mil on the table but it's his life. Urban has definitely created an atmosphere that players love. I had Nick Saban as #1 coach but i think now you have to put Urb as #1, given Alabamas non stop #1 recruiting rated years. What, the last 4 straight or something?

hehateme
01-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Do not agree. I think his passing and running helped set up the halfback runs just as much as the halfback runs helped him with the pass game. 50/50.
Cardale made some very good tight passes as well as some excellent runs. His QB sneak on 4th down, the one where he got stuffed at the line but very alertly kept moving, spun around and made it in for the touchdown. That is one that very few NFL QBs can do.

His ability to throw long, most excellent arm, keeps dbs honest and they can cheat up but only at their own risk. This also helps the run game.

What passing game? He had 23 attempts...that's not much of a passing game. He ran for 20+ times and had only 30+ yards. Balanced attempts on his side but not elite status. Elliott was that nigga who made that game all about Ohio St. hands down. Urban knew who to give it to.

MultiTroll
01-16-2015, 05:24 PM
What passing game? He had 23 attempts...
for 242 yards passing.
296 rushing including a bunch in second half of 4th clock melting mode.
That's bout even.
Elliots running excellent. The holes opened by the OLine combined with having to respect Carales passing, great combo.

As to Cardales suck ass per carry ave, he lost about 20 on that goofball failed drop back pass/fumble. :lol
On several of his runs while, yes he got short gains, they were super clutch runs. The one where he rolled out and outran a linebacker then dove over the would-be tackler to get the 1st down and keep the scoring drive alive -nails.

Avante
01-16-2015, 05:37 PM
He did the right thing, since it's real obvious $$$$$$ isn't all that matters to him which is rare. Smart young man.

Hopefully somebody tells him..."cool trying to run over people if you do play in the NFL, that won't work".

Silver&Black
01-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Glad he's going back to school tbh. Bucs probably would've selected him 1st overall.....

Fabbs
01-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Glad he's going back to school tbh. Bucs probably would've selected him 1st overall.....
And you don't want the Bucs to have a real QB prospect?
Or does the OLine etc suck so bad that Joe Montana aint gonna win more then 4 games next year?

Silver&Black
01-17-2015, 06:55 PM
And you don't want the Bucs to have a real QB prospect?
Or does the OLine etc suck so bad that Joe Montana aint gonna win more then 4 games next year?

I do want the Bucs to draft a "real QB prospect"....I just don't think a guy who has played 3 games is the answer. I don't want Winston either....Mariota would be my pick. But then...Mariota ran a "non-pro style" offense at Oregon...so I don't know if he's the answer either.

And to answer your 2nd question....Joe Montana ain't winning 4 games next year with our offensive line. The unit is just plain awful....so is the D-Line. We've got holes everywhere. We went 0-6 in the worst division of all time....that says it all.

Raven
01-17-2015, 11:07 PM
I do want the Bucs to draft a "real QB prospect"....I just don't think a guy who has played 3 games is the answer. I don't want Winston either....Mariota would be my pick. But then...Mariota ran a "non-pro style" offense at Oregon...so I don't know if he's the answer either.

And to answer your 2nd question....Joe Montana ain't winning 4 games next year with our offensive line. The unit is just plain awful....so is the D-Line. We've got holes everywhere. We went 0-6 in the worst division of all time....that says it all.

your coach is lolvie smith, that's the problem.

Silver&Black
01-17-2015, 11:29 PM
your coach is lolvie smith, that's the problem.

Well of course....I thought that was already well known.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-17-2015, 11:32 PM
Well of course....I thought that was already well known.

Uh... why?

Silver&Black
01-17-2015, 11:58 PM
Uh... why?

Now...you're following me around huh? :lmao But anyways....If you want to talk sports....I'll be more than happy to. I don't get on this site to pick e-fights with its' users.

Lovie Smith is a good coach....is he a great coach? No. His inability to get production out of the QB position is my biggest problem. But I will give him time....he will (or ownership will) more than likely go QB with the 1st pick. Then he's on the clock....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-18-2015, 12:00 AM
Now...you're following me around huh? :lmao But anyways....If you want to talk sports....I'll be more than happy to. I don't get on this site to pick e-fights with its' users.

Why are you acting like a girl?

Lovie Smith is a good coach....is he a great coach? No. His inability to get production out of the QB position is my biggest problem. But I will give him time....he will (or ownership will) more than likely go QB with the 1st pick. Then he's on the clock....

I thought that was because of Mike Glennon?

Also, who would you trade Lovie Smith for that's available? Nice analysis on one year of work, though.

But giving him one more chance based off a rookie starting in the league in one of the most competitive divisions.. seems legit. Bucs way.

Silver&Black
01-18-2015, 12:14 AM
Okay No Lyf3.....you obviously know my team better than I do. I mean seriously....did you even watch the Bucs play a game this year? Well I know you watched the two games we played against Carolina. And guess what....we lost both games to Derek Fucking Anderson. A guy who hasn't played in years...

I guess the Head Coach gets no blame for losing to Derek Anderson....huh?

And in my post....did I say anything about firing Lovie Smith? No I didn't....I'm not ready to run him out on a rail just because he had a bad first year.

Blizzardwizard
01-18-2015, 12:15 AM
Good decision, a guy who's had so little game time is never going to be drafted in the first few rounds, no matter how good he was in his 3 games.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-18-2015, 12:19 AM
Okay No Lyf3.....you obviously know my team better than I do. I mean seriously....did you even watch the Bucs play a game this year? Well I know you watched the two games we played against Carolina. And guess what....we lost both games to Derek Fucking Anderson. A guy who hasn't played in years...

I guess the Head Coach gets no blame for losing to Derek Anderson....huh?

And in my post....did I say anything about firing Lovie Smith? No I didn't....I'm not ready to run him out on a rail just because he had a bad first year.

I'm just stating I'm confused. Because you're quick to jump on the bandwagon of No Life hate by saying ":lol Mike Glennon" when he played a solid first year as a rookie, was pretty composed and made some good strides into being a solid QB. He's a pretty good pocket passer. But then you are quick to state it's the coaching's fault for starting a career back-up for half the year over a up and comer. You also gave Lovie Smith zero time to develop this team - quickly stating "this year he is on the hot seat".

It's not Lovie's fault the Bucs suck. He took over a sorry team. It takes time to rebuild. He needs at least 3 years.

Clipper Nation
01-18-2015, 12:19 AM
Lovie Smith is not a good coach. He's still running that antiquated Tampa 2 defense even though it's easily exposed with 3-5 step drops, 3 WR sets, and any QB that can make throws under pressure. He's also clueless on offense. Only thing keeping him employed is the sunk cost fallacy.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-18-2015, 12:20 AM
Lovie Smith is not a good coach. He's still running that antiquated Tampa 2 defense

:lol he's known as one of the best defensive-minded coaches of the decade..

Clipper Nation
01-18-2015, 12:24 AM
:lol he's known as one of the best defensive-minded coaches of the decade..
He looked like a genius back in the '90s when the Tampa 2 still worked as a full-time defensive system with stacked defenses running it, and even then, that still doesn't make him a good head coach. It's like saying that Norv Turner is a good coach because his antiquated offense looked good in the '90s when he had Aikman, Irvin, Smith and that stacked O-line.

Silver&Black
01-18-2015, 12:32 AM
I'm just stating I'm confused. Because you're quick to jump on the bandwagon of No Life hate by saying ":lol Mike Glennon" when he played a solid first year as a rookie, was pretty composed and made some good strides into being a solid QB. He's a pretty good pocket passer. But then you are quick to state it's the coaching's fault for starting a career back-up for half the year over a up and comer. You also gave Lovie Smith zero time to develop this team - quickly stating "this year he is on the hot seat".

It's not Lovie's fault the Bucs suck. He took over a sorry team. It takes time to rebuild. He needs at least 3 years.

I totally agree...He needs time. The Bucs are a terrible team...and it's not 100% his fault. Again....I'll give him the time he needs.

But....he didn't draft Mike Glennon. So I'm not gonna put that on him. However; I do believe he talked management into getting Josh McCown. That I do put on him....

And cry me a river with the "I hate No Lyf3" bandwagon. I've never once posted about Iman Shumpert or Cats or whatever the hell people give you shit about. And...I congratulated you when the Panthers won the NFC South and again when they won their playoff game. I guess you missed those posts. You might think I really hate you.....but I don't. I just disagree with some of your Cam Newton takes.....so sue me.

Infinite_limit
01-18-2015, 01:08 AM
3 career starts

Behind a dominating rushing attack

MultiTroll
01-18-2015, 01:00 PM
3 career starts

Behind a dominating rushing attack
So why wasn't Ohio State ranked #1 from the seasons beginning or shortly thereafter? With their returning conference "Player of the Year" QB?