PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Postgame Comments

ElNono
01-15-2015, 02:03 AM
Manu

"In the past few games I've had the opportunity to have the ball in my hands a lot of times," Ginobili said. "Sometimes it is not that easy against very athletic teams. Today I made a couple of shots and made better decisions, so I am happy about it."

"Nothing seems to be easy for us this year," Ginobili said. "We are playing a lot of close games. But we are learning from it."

Pop

"We had an opportunity to win some other games and we've blown them," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "Tonight we came through so it feels pretty good."

Popovich said after the game the Spurs "stink on defense" without Kawhi Leonard. "That's the bottom line," Popovich said. "He does all kinds of stuff for us. He guards the best player. He guards a couple of different guys. He rebounds the position. He makes steals. He covers for his teammates. He is huge on D."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400578866

spurs10
01-15-2015, 02:21 AM
Very candid. Hope Kawhi can handle the expectations.

dabom
01-15-2015, 04:03 AM
Very candid. Hope Kawhi can handle the expectations.

He has for 3 years now. Nothing seems to faze him in the clutch.

Arc
01-15-2015, 04:14 AM
there's a reason why we went from first/second round fodder to getting to the conference finals and then finals twice in a row. kawhi fuckin leonard.. by himself, he's still a beast, but when you combine him with green, duncan and splitter.. you get a killer, championship level defense.

romain.star
01-15-2015, 05:24 AM
Manu will be missed, both as a player and as a human being. I can't believe this is his last run :(

pgardn
01-15-2015, 08:13 AM
This interview was on FOX for those in the viewing area.

Manu is the most eloquent, honest interview on our team.
A foreign player is the most we'll spoken in English, I'll miss him just for his ability and willingness to lay down the straight dope. The guy is really bright.

ElNono
01-15-2015, 09:49 AM
who else you gonna interview? Dude was one of the few that showed up last night, tbh...

Ice009
01-15-2015, 10:16 AM
Manu will be missed, both as a player and as a human being. I can't believe this is his last run :(

When you say "last run", do you mean his last season? If so, where are you getting that from?

Spurs 4 The Win
01-15-2015, 11:40 AM

Spoiler alert, its not, Manu and Duncan will return if we at least make it to the WCF, they wont leave if they think we are competetive

Pauleta14
01-15-2015, 12:49 PM

I'm not so sure about that now...

He is still a top5 SG and top5 play maker in the league for at least 40 or 50 games/year.

With no big injury and the way Pop's management, he could be effective a couple more year imo...

wildbill2u
01-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Manu seems to be dribbling the ball on a higher arc than normal for the past few games. It looks to me like he is getting in trouble with steals or being tied up because of the ball is exposed to the defensive player for a few split seconds longer on every bounce and it slows him down on drives. Am I seeing things?