PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Austin Rivers set to be traded to the Clippers

Sheriff Hoyt
01-15-2015, 03:26 PM

Mal
01-15-2015, 03:33 PM
Will Dad the GM give him extension too ?

Clipper Nation
01-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Nobody wants this other than Cock Quitters, so his scrub son better turn into a superstar really fucking quick to justify this trade.

And no, I don't buy the story that the front office pushed this on him. When the front office told him to take a look at Hassan Whiteside, he flat-out refused. But now that the front office is supposedly really high on his scrub-ass kid who doesn't even fill a need, now he's completely beholden to their ideas? Don't buy it one bit.

Pelicans78
01-15-2015, 03:53 PM
Love it. Keeps reminding me he's not a Pelican. This scrub ruined draft night for me even after we got Davis. Knew he would suck. Glad his ass is gone.

Pelicans78
01-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Its really pathetic of Cock Rivers to have him on his team especially when he didn't work with him hard enough to improve his ugly looking jump shot.

hater
01-15-2015, 04:00 PM
CousinTomRivers?

Darth_Pelican
01-15-2015, 04:02 PM
:lmao

"Daddeh, put me in the game"

Clipper Nation
01-15-2015, 04:05 PM
Only upside of this trade is that we're apparently dumping CDR, who has been a complete waste of a roster spot, on the Celtics. Otherwise, it's just another huge middle finger to the fans from Cock.

Reminds me of when Dumbleavy tried to trade for his son, but at least he wasn't stubborn enough to go through with it despite all the evidence that it was a bad idea.

Killakobe81
01-15-2015, 04:31 PM
I dont get this. Such an awkward place to be unless your son is clearly a top level player. Anytime he gets significant minutes and it's debatable that he deserves them people on the team, the media and fans will think it's due to nepotism that is not fair to Rivers who despite being a bust so far showed some promise in HS and at Duke or to his dad who is the GM and coach. Maybe this is a sweetheart type deal where the Celts will also throw in a piece to help his former Celts buddy get a title like McHale did for Ainge. But Celts have pretty much traded almost anything of value ... maybe you guys get Crowder to help at SF plus rivers and send out a picks since Danny is collecting them like dust ...

Sheriff Hoyt
01-15-2015, 04:34 PM
I dont get this. Such an awkward place to be unless your son is clearly a top level player. Anytime he gets significant minutes and it's debatable that he deserves them people on the team, the media and fans will think it's due to nepotism that is not fair to Rivers who despite being a bust so far showed some promise in HS and at Duke or to his dad who is the GM and coach. Maybe this is a sweetheart type deal where the Celts will also throw in a piece to help his former Celts buddy get a title like McHale did for Ainge. But Celts have pretty much traded almost anything of value ... maybe you guys get Crowder to help at SF plus rivers and send out a picks since Danny is collecting them like dust ...

Crowder cant be packaged in any deal since he was just recently traded to Boston.

Raven
01-15-2015, 04:35 PM
damn if detroit passed, pelicans would have had monroe davis frontcourt :lol instead they got this :lmao.. to think there were also plenty of 3D wings..

Killakobe81
01-15-2015, 04:36 PM
I coach my son on a Select team. He is a starter but not the best player on his team but is our best big. I try to make sure to balance play time sometimes even taking him out early to make sure parents dont feel i am favoring him ... that is just elite middle school ball. This is the NBNA there shouldnt be questions like these ...

Sheriff Hoyt
01-15-2015, 04:37 PM

So the Clippers traded a pick too?

Killakobe81
01-15-2015, 04:37 PM
damn if detroit passed, pelicans would have had monroe davis frontcourt :lol instead they got this :lmao.. to think there were also plenty of 3D wings..

I think he is a bust but he is still young I think for another team not the Clips it may make sense to to take a flyer on him but I wouldnt trade anything of value like a first rounder for him ...

JMarkJohns
01-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Are Suns kicking in anything other than Shavlik? Trade a scrub with no upside for a scrub one year removed from being a 1st rounder? Cool, I guess.

Probably Green's replacement. Might make Gerald expendable this year.

Mr Bones
01-15-2015, 04:56 PM
I think this is a bad idea for the Clips... there are reportedly already locker room problems with guys not liking one another, and now they're adding the coach's son to the mix. He's a young player looking for minutes, so it's not like he'll add stability or experience to the issues.

Chinook
01-15-2015, 05:15 PM

It was Drummond, not Monroe. Dunno if that's worse or not.

StrengthAndHonor
01-15-2015, 06:00 PM
And no, I don't buy the story that the front office pushed this on him. When the front office told him to take a look at Hassan Whiteside, he flat-out refused. But now that the front office is supposedly really high on his scrub-ass kid who doesn't even fill a need, now he's completely beholden to their ideas? Don't buy it one bit.
This.

I don't buy none of this either. It's so scripted.

Anyway, this is nepotism at its finest. I guess at the expense of Farmar, I'm not upset whatsoever but this move resolves nothing.

Robz4000
01-15-2015, 06:01 PM
DisGunBeGood.gif

FlAVaK
01-15-2015, 06:03 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/15/details-of-austin-rivers-trade-emerge-suns-get-reggie-bullock-celtics-get-shavlik-randolph/?cid=yahoo

"As for the Clippers, this trade only underscores how much of a disaster Doc Rivers’ tenure as GM has been. They gave up two wings, their biggest position of need, and a future second-round pick, to trade for his son, who doesn’t fill a need for them at all. It’s just the latest in a line of catastrophic moves Rivers has made, most notably hard-capping the team with the signing of Spencer Hawes, who’s been awful."

Malik Hairston
01-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Again, regardless of your opinion on Tom Rivers the coach, there's absolutely no denying that Tom Rivers the GM is fucking terrible, tbh:lol..

I'm not a fan of coaches playing the GM role in any case, though, to be fair..

Pelicans78
01-15-2015, 06:49 PM
It was Drummond, not Monroe. Dunno if that's worse or not.

Drummond being worse than Rivers?

Mikeanaro
01-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Uncle Tommie Jr is going home, I said in other thread that Balmer would avail that as a ¨family move¨.