PDA

View Full Version : Mark Ronson and some black dudes

cantthinkofanything
01-16-2015, 10:57 AM
I caught this on SNL a while back. I finally gave his CD a listen and it's OK. IMO, the best songs were the ones he did on SNL. The black guy singing on this one does a pretty good job of capturing the feel of the song. Though, he seems a bit crazy. Looks like a potential sex abuser IMO.

b0kl0pr0k24

Avante
01-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Way back in the 30's Louisiana governor Jimmie Davis recorded with black guitarist Oscar Woods. Long before that sort of thing was acceptable.

Since nobody gives a damn about this thread, just thought I'd toss that out.

cantthinkofanything
01-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Idk. I like the track that I posted. On the actual CD, it's pretty R rated though. But I always dig good horns. And Mystikals delivery works great in this one.I've learned that Michael Chabon wrote the lyrics to all the songs on the Album. Except the above one. It's all manufactured anyway. White man writing some music and assembling the pieces to make it commercial but make the people buying it that they are hip for bringing back an older sound. I guess. But it's pretty cool. Except that he chose to bring in a convicted sex offender. And why does Michael Jackson still get a pass? And he did that shit to kids.I tried to read one of Chabons books once but couldn't get interested. I'm trying to give one of his other books a try. Something and Clay. And isn't it a little weird when JT or Bruno Mars give such major props to Michael Jackson?

ashbeeigh
01-18-2015, 12:51 PM
That black guy is Mystikal, btws. And the other ones (the band) are part of Bruno's Mars's band. '

I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but from Uptown Funk and this one I think it sounds like it could be a winner.

cantthinkofanything
01-18-2015, 09:29 PM
That black guy is Mystikal, btws. And the other ones (the band) are part of Bruno's Mars's band. '

I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but from Uptown Funk and this one I think it sounds like it could be a winner.

Who's Mystikal?

The album is OK. Mother 2 songs you mentioned are the stand out tracks but it's got several good ones that I think could grow on one.

ashbeeigh
01-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Who's Mystikal?

The album is OK. Mother 2 songs you mentioned are the stand out tracks but it's got several good ones that I think could grow on one.

The rapper in that youtube (unless you're being sarcastic then ugh).