View Full Version : Lakers: Byron Scott going HAM on Lin

Sheriff Hoyt
01-17-2015, 01:03 AM

spursparker9
01-17-2015, 01:24 AM
Very obvious Lin is going to be a 1-year Laker

Malik Hairston
01-17-2015, 01:26 AM
Lin is one of the worst players in the league, as I've been saying since last year..if he wasn't Asian, he would be playing in Russia or something..

Bynumite
01-17-2015, 01:27 AM
Have fun playing in the chink league. Scrub.

midnightpulp
01-17-2015, 01:29 AM
Have fun playing in the chink league. Scrub.

Think he'll take ol' 3-19 with him?

They're both scrubs, after all.

Bynumite
01-17-2015, 01:34 AM
Think he'll take ol' 3-19 with him?

They're both scrubs, after all.

Your obsession with Kobe legit reminds me of this scene from Dark Knight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoA7kkl__oM

ElNono
01-17-2015, 01:36 AM
^ salty kobestan

midnightpulp
01-17-2015, 01:39 AM
:cry You're obsessed! :cry

Bynumite
01-17-2015, 01:43 AM
There are a lot of Kobe haters in this forum but Mid is on another level. That is all.

I fear for Mid's mental health the day Kobe retires and Mid can no longer check and comment on his stat lines. Kobe definitely completes Mid.

Not even mad, just telling you what i'm seeing tbh.

Technique
01-17-2015, 01:43 AM
Lakers went from mike brown to byron scott. What is the difference between the two? Both seem like pro black martin luther king motivational speakers that don't run any actual plays

01-17-2015, 01:45 AM
Lakers went from mike brown to byron scott. What is the difference between the two? Both seem like pro black martin luther king motivational speakers that don't run any actual plays
You're the guy with the white pants right?

apalisoc_9
01-17-2015, 01:46 AM
Lin is one of the worst players in the league.

that said, why isn't he saying the same things to kobe?

midnightpulp
01-17-2015, 01:48 AM
There are Kobe a lot of Kobe haters in this forum but Mid is on another level. That is all.

I fear for Mid's mental health the day Kobe retires and Mid can no longer check and comment on his stat lines. Kobe definitely completes Mid.

Not even mad, just telling you what i'm seeing tbh.

:lol Sure

elmanutres
01-17-2015, 01:49 AM
You're the guy with the white pants right?
asking the real questions here

CitizenDwayne
01-17-2015, 01:56 AM

Not really sure what Martin Luther King has to do with it, but other than that you're spot on.

Cry Havoc
01-17-2015, 02:53 AM
Lin is one of the worst players in the league, as I've been saying since last year..if he wasn't Asian, he would be playing in Russia or something..

In 2015, Jeremy Lin is shooting 49.3% from two and 47.4% from three.

You're really slipping, Harlem.

Mnky
01-17-2015, 03:14 AM

Every game I've watched, he's the best off the dribble shooter, and when they let him have the ball, usually makes a play when needed. He's competitive. For a backup PG.. he's pretty legit.

PingPong
01-17-2015, 07:25 AM
Byron Scott is a black coach. Who gives a fuck about him? Rin is turrible, but being coached by a black guy just makes it worse.

Venti Quattro
01-17-2015, 07:42 AM

Oh my god

Malik Hairston
01-17-2015, 10:07 AM

Obviously hyperbole, but Lin shouldn't be anything more than a 9th or 10th man on an NBA roster..I said that on RealGm during the off-season, and they had a meltdown:lol..he has been a below average player all year, so far, and there's no reason to think that will change..the reason people like Lin is: 1- Asian 2- He's easy to relate to for the average NBA fan that believes they can actually make a league full of super-athletes and super-skilled players

He's an extremely mediocre player that literally doesn't do anything at a high level..his marketing exceeds his actual ability, and it's not even close..it's not a coincidence that every single team Lin has played for(Golden State, LA, New York and Houston) is either a large market, a large Asian market, or both..

His numbers this season are terrible, as expected, yet all his fans do is complain about :(Kobe and Carmelo and Harden taking his shots:(..

If he was Black, nobody would know his name, tbh..

Banzai
01-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Scrub tbh. Hasn't done anything since his mini scoring streak in NY

Franklin
01-17-2015, 07:21 PM
If Rin weren't asian his teammates/coach as well as the media would've bashed him just as severely as people here do, tbh.

Koolaid_Man
01-17-2015, 07:33 PM
I like Lin he's a decent role player.....Byron is being unfair and just needs somone to bash to make it seem like he's actually coaching...Lin is the fall guy because he's Asian....shit is wrong what they're doing to Lin....the team is shit so why single out one guy.....he didn't say shit to Kobe for nothing even if Kobe fucked up a play or defensive scheme...I know he owes his job to Kobe but got dayum....stop fucking picking on Lin as if he's the only fuck up on the team or as if he's an all-star under performing....

I feel bad for Lin....its like being the only black guy in a restaurant and everyone is laughing at you for looking out of place and not knowing the order in which to use your silverware....not cool....real talk...

DJR210
01-17-2015, 08:19 PM

:lol

Clipper Nation
01-17-2015, 08:22 PM
If he was Black, nobody would know his name, tbh..
If he was black, he'd be Austin Rivers :lol

Actually, Auscrub is arguably worse than Lin :lol

ViceCity86
01-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Byron Scott prides himself on mental toughness so much.

Did anyone watch the 1991 Nba Finals?

Mnky
01-17-2015, 11:00 PM
I feel bad for Lin....its like being the only black guy in a restaurant and everyone is laughing at you for looking out of place and not knowing the order in which to use your silverware....not cool....real talk...

Word.

-21-
01-18-2015, 12:09 AM
I like Lin he's a decent role player.....Byron is being unfair and just needs somone to bash to make it seem like he's actually coaching...Lin is the fall guy because he's Asian....shit is wrong what they're doing to Lin....the team is shit so why single out one guy.....he didn't say shit to Kobe for nothing even if Kobe fucked up a play or defensive scheme...I know he owes his job to Kobe but got dayum....stop fucking picking on Lin as if he's the only fuck up on the team or as if he's an all-star under performing....

I agree.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-18-2015, 12:15 AM

Good post.

He should be more aggressive, still. It's the only thing that made him relevant in the first place.

Venti Quattro
01-18-2015, 12:20 AM
Rin + Scott = Rush Hour 3

phoenix219
01-18-2015, 01:13 AM
Silly Lakers. They had the coach to maximize Lin and got rid of him just as they got Lin, just to hire the clone of Mike Brown. lmfao.

Franklin
01-18-2015, 07:48 AM
It's not a coach's but a bitch's job to "maximize" him imho, and even if he is somehow maximized it'd still be no bigger than 3' because he's a fucking asian.

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 12:55 PM
The blame for the expectations on Lin aren't his fault though... when Houston gave him that contract with the final year being a balloon payment near max level, that was their strategy for keeping the Knicks from matching... he's an average player with a decent outside shot, not great defensively, has good energy when engaged (obviously, he doesn't enjoy playing alongside Kobe or for Scott), is too turnover prone, etc... But think about it: if you were an average player, with a PER of about 14-15, and relatively average Offensive and defensive ratings and someone offered you a contract worthy of a borderline all-star, wouldn't you take it? He's essentially a smaller version of Bonner... he could help if used in the right situations, but the Lakers are on the hook for a salary about 12 times Bonner's salary and their roster is terrible, so they want this average reserve guy to play like a quality starter. I remember a few years ago reading this article where the writer said that Luke Ridnour was statistically the most average player in the league-- not special, but not terrible either... this is what the Lakers have in Lin, but they're expecting him to play like Jeff Teague or Mike Conley.

Koolaid_Man
01-18-2015, 01:31 PM
The blame for the expectations on Lin aren't his fault though... when Houston gave him that contract with the final year being a balloon payment near max level, that was their strategy for keeping the Knicks from matching... he's an average player with a decent outside shot, not great defensively, has good energy when engaged (obviously, he doesn't enjoy playing alongside Kobe or for Scott), is too turnover prone, etc... But think about it: if you were an average player, with a PER of about 14-15, and relatively average Offensive and defensive ratings and someone offered you a contract worthy of a borderline all-star, wouldn't you take it? He's essentially a smaller version of Bonner... he could help if used in the right situations, but the Lakers are on the hook for a salary about 12 times Bonner's salary and their roster is terrible, so they want this average reserve guy to play like a quality starter. I remember a few years ago reading this article where the writer said that Luke Ridnour was statistically the most average player in the league-- not special, but not terrible either... this is what the Lakers have in Lin, but they're expecting him to play like Jeff Teague or Mike Conley.

Next time just save yourself some time by simply saying: "I agree with Kool" :toast

da_suns_fan
01-18-2015, 05:11 PM
At what point do people just STOP LISTENING TO WHAT AN IDIOT IS SAYING?

Just at look at that recent quote.

"I dont think he's been great. I think he's been Ok. I dont think he's been terrible either".

The second sentence makes the third redundant.

Every time he starts talking he ends up saying something stupid that people analyze as if its his "philosophy".

My favorite was when the Lakers won their first pre-season game and thus he was happy and basically saying they did everything great. Someone points out how few three pointers they attempted and he says "i think thats a good mix...10-15 threes a game". Then twitter blows up trying to make sense of that idiotic statement. He gets pressed on it the next day and he has to defend himself and says even more stupid shit like "it doesnt win championships" etc.

"Im going to use Kobe as a player/coach".

"We might sit Kobe in March if were out of playoff contention".

The guy is....not smart. I dont know how he was able to land THREE NBA coaching jobs but it just goes to prove that, in NBA front offices, its more who you know rather than what you know. You think Derek Fisher would be coach of the Knicks if he hadnt played for Phil Jackson?

lefty
01-18-2015, 11:47 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/955136/20120216190832.jpg

Sean Cagney
01-19-2015, 12:13 AM

Lin sucks. I agree with everything you said.

ambchang
01-19-2015, 11:27 AM

Not from an advanced statistics point of view.

He is average, maybe below average, but he is not horrible.

He can do certain things within his limits, but he is being asked/expected to perform outside of his limits

Leetonidas
01-19-2015, 01:17 PM

Didn't you just say the other week you hadn't watched the Lakers at all in awhile? :lmao

Malik Hairston
01-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Not from an advanced statistics point of view.

He is average, maybe below average, but he is not horrible.

He can do certain things within his limits, but he is being asked/expected to perform outside of his limits

His regular season 14 PER makes it appear that he's "just" below average, but he has never had a usage % below 20, meaning he's a ball-dominant player that will inefficiently dominate the ball..an inefficient player that can't play without the ball is a horrible player IMO..

Not to mention his playoff metrics(when the quality of the opponents is superior) are fucking embarrassing(8 PER on 45% True Shooting :lmao:lmao)..

He's a really bad basketball player that is inflated due to his race, obviously..put your anti-Kobe shtick aside for a second..

Malik Hairston
01-19-2015, 02:06 PM
At what point do people just STOP LISTENING TO WHAT AN IDIOT IS SAYING?

Just at look at that recent quote.

"I dont think he's been great. I think he's been Ok. I dont think he's been terrible either".

The second sentence makes the third redundant.

Every time he starts talking he ends up saying something stupid that people analyze as if its his "philosophy".

My favorite was when the Lakers won their first pre-season game and thus he was happy and basically saying they did everything great. Someone points out how few three pointers they attempted and he says "i think thats a good mix...10-15 threes a game". Then twitter blows up trying to make sense of that idiotic statement. He gets pressed on it the next day and he has to defend himself and says even more stupid shit like "it doesnt win championships" etc.

"Im going to use Kobe as a player/coach".

"We might sit Kobe in March if were out of playoff contention".

The guy is....not smart. I dont know how he was able to land THREE NBA coaching jobs but it just goes to prove that, in NBA front offices, its more who you know rather than what you know. You think Derek Fisher would be coach of the Knicks if he hadnt played for Phil Jackson?

Byron Scott wasn't hired to win games, I don't know why people keep thinking that..I called it at the time, it was obvious..

It was a PR move to hire a "beloved" Laker that Kobe likes and wouldn't get killed by the fanbase/Laker media(Magic, Worthy, etc)..even the incompetent Lakers' front office wouldn't hire Byron Scott in 2014, his style of coaching is extremely antiquated, and he's one of the worst coaches in the history of the league, too..

The Lakers' front office has actually done a great job with simultaneously tanking + PR moves, this season:

- Allowing Kobe to do whatever he wants so that fans continue to buy tickets and continue watching, while the team tanks to keep their pick(since Kobe is currently one of the worst players in the NBA)

- Hiring Byron Scott, a coach that didn't realize that teams that shoot 3-pointers win championships:lol

- Their biggest off-season signing was a bad basketball player that has a huge fanbase and helps sell tickets(Lin)

All while deflecting blame from Kobe and putting it on others(which is what Scott has been constantly doing, and part of his job description) to keep his legacy safe..

ambchang
01-19-2015, 02:35 PM
His regular season 14 PER makes it appear that he's "just" below average, but he has never had a usage % below 20, meaning he's a ball-dominant player that will inefficiently dominate the ball..an inefficient player that can't play without the ball is a horrible player IMO..

Not to mention his playoff metrics(when the quality of the opponents is superior) are fucking embarrassing(8 PER on 45% True Shooting :lmao:lmao)..

He's a really bad basketball player that is inflated due to his race, obviously..put your anti-Kobe shtick aside for a second..

I have never been a fan of PER, it's just a bunch of random weights thrown at traditional stats, which to me, is a summary of traditional stats.

His VORP is reasonable, his Drtg is bad, but not horrible, same with ORtg, DWS and OWS.

Lin is the type of PG who dominants the ball, and make plays accordingly, sort of like a homeless man's Nash, so his high usage rate really isn't a shock, but to say that he is one of the worst player is stretching it.

Regardless of race, he should be a back up PG for a horrible team, or a 3rd string PG for a team with borderline playoff aspirations. He's got decent control of the game, can shoot a little, can pass. He can't defend, he's TO prone, but those are obvious weaknesses of his.

His playoff performance is another matter. Flaws are magnified in the playoffs, and have him go against playoff caliber starting PG is a mismatch for sure. Still doesn't make him the worst player in the league.