PDA

View Full Version : Unselfish Hawks Resemble Winners, Namely, the Spurs

boutons_deux
01-17-2015, 09:22 PM
Even before their success this season, the Hawks were frequently referred to as Spurs (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/probasketball/nationalbasketballassociation/sanantoniospurs/index.html?inline=nyt-org)East because Coach Mike Budenholzer and General Manager Danny Ferry, who is on leave after making a racially charged comment about a player, are former San Antonio Spurs employees.

The influence of Gregg Popovich, the Spurs’ coach and team president, is evident in the construction of the Hawks’ roster and how the team plays. While there are no superstars, the Hawks are loaded with highly skilled, smart players who are committed to making the game easier for one another.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/18/sports/basketball/unselfish-hawks-resemble-winners-namely-the-spurs.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

"the Hawks are a combined 3-0 against those Eastern Conference foes and 6-1 against the top eight teams in the West."

and their WC L was to whom? :)

benefactor
01-17-2015, 09:56 PM
mah niggas

01-17-2015, 09:59 PM
The Hawks are on a pretty bad losing streak to the Spurs aren't they? How many years has it been since they won against us?

benefactor
01-17-2015, 10:24 PM
4 road games in five nights...4-0...including in Toronto and in Chicago. They have comfortably beaten all three teams seeded right below them over the past week.

timtonymanu
01-17-2015, 10:35 PM
Hawks were nowhere near their level of play when they faced us. The next game in Atlanta should be interesting.

100%duncan
01-17-2015, 10:38 PM
Hawks were nowhere near their level of play when they faced us. The next game in Atlanta should be interesting.

Teacher rapes student.

jARS mEsH sEt
01-17-2015, 11:38 PM
With enough experience (5 or 6 years) Bud can easily usurp Carlisle as the undisputed 2nd best coach in the league. Maybe first if Pop is retired by then.

Ice009
01-17-2015, 11:52 PM
I may have been wrong about Bud, but unfortunately I pretty much based that on one comment, which was someone saying that he was the guy that advocated for Bonner getting minutes when he was here. When I heard that and saw that Pop wasn't playing Bonner much last season, I thought he really was the one behind it, and if so, he's a freaking idiot and was glad he was gone. Maybe that story was BS?

Anyone that wants to play Bonner a lot of minutes is someone that I don't like. That clouds my opinion of them quite a bit ;).

TheGreatYacht
01-18-2015, 10:01 AM
ECF champs

boutons_deux
01-18-2015, 10:08 AM
ECF champs

currently 5L ahead of 2nd EC seed.

TheGreatYacht
01-18-2015, 11:08 AM
currently 5L ahead of 2nd EC seed.
Yeah I don't see any team catching up to them, unless Horford gets his yearly injury. If only people in Atlanta appreciated what Coach Bud has done... (Worst crowd in the NBA, empty seats everywhere.)