01-18-2015, 11:12 AM
Who gives a fuck, pussy

ChumpDumper
01-18-2015, 11:14 AM
This shtick sucks.

lolutsa

apalisoc_9
01-18-2015, 12:35 PM
I don't like the idea of a player being the "team" but you'd have to be either a mainstream big 3 fan or just a total moron to not think Kawhi is the best Player in the team.

Pocho La Pantera
01-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Pop's

look_at_g_shred
01-18-2015, 01:03 PM
TD

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 01:24 PM
The fact that you would frame the question this way shows that you don't understand the concept the Spurs strive for.

apalisoc_9
01-18-2015, 01:26 PM
The fact that you would frame the question this way shows that you don't understand the concept the Spurs strive for.

Fkla is one of the best posters in this site and one of the very few Team fans..

He's a real fan not a mainstream big 3 fan like most people.

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Fkla is one of the best posters in this site and one of the very few Team fans..

He's a real fan not a mainstream big 3 fan like most people.

I agree, but he framed the question badly.

tmtcsc
01-18-2015, 02:24 PM
Tim Duncan is the undisputed leader of this team and if one person deserves the distinction it's him. However, KL is undoubtedly the best all - around player on the team imo.

This team is filled with all - around (complete) players who can play multiple positions.

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 02:28 PM
Kawhi is the best all around player, but he's also humble and intelligent. If Pop or Duncan advised him to do something differently, he'd listen. If you went up to Kawhi personally and said, "The Spurs are YOUR TEAM," he'd shake his head at you and say, "no way, man, that's not how it works...."

FkLA
01-18-2015, 02:54 PM
:lol Nobody had a problem calling it Enrique's team not too long ago. Now all of a sudden calling it a player's team goes against the Spurs mantra.

Also obviously Timmy will always be the emotional leader as long as he's here. I'm clearly referring to strictly basketball. Funny how Timmy being the emotional leader also never prevented people from calling it Enrique's team for a year or two. The player fans are really showing their true colors with the double standard smh.

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 03:07 PM
:lol Nobody had a problem calling it Enrique's team not too long ago. Now all of a sudden calling it a player's team goes against the Spurs mantra.

Also obviously Timmy will always be the emotional leader as long as he's here. I'm clearly referring to strictly basketball. Funny how Timmy being the emotional leader also never prevented people from calling it Enrique's team for a year or two. The player fans are really showing their true colors with the double standard smh.

I never called them Tony's team...The whole point of liking the Spurs is understanding the team concept. Your argument is that other people did something wrong, so that's why you're asking the question in this way. It's still wrong, and kind of turns you into a "player fan" yourself, even if in your case he is currently the best all around player on the roster.

r0drig0lac
01-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Duncan

Juggity
01-18-2015, 03:21 PM
Hard to believe anybody could say Manu is the leader at this point in his career...in 2011, sure, but not now.

It's either TD or Kawhi, leaning toward TD. I'm inclined to think that if TD had gone down with an injury of comparable severity to Kawhi's, the spurs would be in a similar or worse position to where they are now.

apalisoc_9
01-18-2015, 03:36 PM

Big 3 mainstream fans bro..

Again, you'd have to be a dumbass not to think Kawhi is the best player..

And yeah people called it Tony's team..:lol

This is why Kawhi is so underrated because your mainstream Big 3 fan still lives in 2010..

BillMc
01-18-2015, 03:36 PM
peter holt's

wildbill2u
01-18-2015, 03:38 PM
San Antonio's team.

apalisoc_9
01-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Mainstream big 3 fans living in the past..

:lmao

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 03:55 PM

This is why Kawhi is so underrated because your mainstream Big 3 fan still lives in 2010..

There's a difference between saying one guy is the best player on a team and the say the team IS HIS. You know this is true, and you're being coy by making believe it's the same thing. Paul Millsap is a great and under-appreciated player, but it would be out of character for him to proclaim, "The Hawks are MY team! This is why we're good."

What I see again and again here is people saying Kawhi's the best player on the roster, and you replying that everyone is stupid and "mainstream." Let's face it, you have a compulsive personality and tend to get stuck on Kawhi to the point where even Kawhi's other fans are saying, "how many times are you going to start threads about how Kawhi is the best player on the roster now?" We agree, we agree!

Russ
01-18-2015, 03:59 PM
My. :clap

apalisoc_9
01-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Many people think Tim or Tony are still the best players in the team...

:lol

taps
01-18-2015, 04:35 PM
Was going to vote Kawhi until I saw Pippen's name there--blecch. Pippen's a good defender and all but Leonard will be the better overall player by the end of his career.

spurs10
01-18-2015, 04:48 PM
THE RED MAMBA!

tim_duncan_fan
01-18-2015, 04:49 PM
It doesn't matter.

You take any of the first 9 guys away and we're not winning anything in the playoffs.

We couldn't have won without Patty coming on last year.

Danny Green isn't even on the poll and his arrival coincides with and was the initial catalyst for our return to contention. We would be REALLY fucked without Danny.

spurs10
01-18-2015, 04:52 PM
It doesn't matter. You take any of the first 9 guys away and we're not winning anything in the playoffs. We couldn't have won without Patty coming on last year. Danny Green isn't even on the poll and his arrival coincides with and was the initial catalyst for our return to contention. We would be REALLY fucked without Danny. This is really the truth. We needed everything from everyone of those guys. I change my answer....The Spurs!

apalisoc_9
01-18-2015, 04:58 PM
It doesn't matter.

You take any of the first 9 guys away and we're not winning anything in the playoffs.

We couldn't have won without Patty coming on last year.

Danny Green isn't even on the poll and his arrival coincides with and was the initial catalyst for our return to contention. We would be REALLY fucked without Danny.

Why do Mainstream fans continue to Parrot this shit?

The spurs wouldn't have won 05 without their top 6th or 7th players either...

But Back then it was cool to say This is Tony or Manu or tim team..

milkyway21
01-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Still the common denominator's team-the 5-time champ Duncan.

ElNono
01-18-2015, 05:06 PM
We were much more top-heavy when the big 3 where in their primes, tbh... but nowadays, it's indisputable what Kawhi's value is to the team.

I agree that Tim is the foundation, Manu the heart of the team, and Tony the steady engine... but father time says that would only work to a .500 record in this day and age...

In a way, it's comforting to see Kawhi taking the reigns of this team, I'm sure it makes it much easier for guys like Tim and Manu to eventually retire, knowing they're leaving the team in good claws...

tim_duncan_fan
01-18-2015, 05:07 PM

The 2014 Spurs were perhaps the most codependent championship team in the history of basketball. We pretty much needed everyone. Even Baynes. That's insane to think about.

Sure, every champion needs it's core players, but I don't think we've ever seen anything else like the current Spurs team.

Brazil
01-18-2015, 05:09 PM
If poll is about most influential player its duncan and that up to his retirement

apalisoc_9
01-18-2015, 05:16 PM
The phrase this is "Kawhi's team" doesn't take away from that faxt that spurs are unique team it just simply means he is the best player...

OP knows this and that's what he's asking for..Not sure why posters continue to spin things.

TheGreatYacht
01-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Mainstream big 3 fans living in the past..

:lmao
What, you think you're some type of hipster just cause you wear crocs?

FkLA
01-18-2015, 05:56 PM
The phrase this is "Kawhi's team" doesn't take away from that faxt that spurs are unique team it just simply means he is the best player...

OP knows this and that's what he's asking for..Not sure why posters continue to spin things.

Its weird, brah. They had no problem calling it _____'s team when it transitioned from Timmy to Manu to Enrique even though the Spurs have always been an unselfish team. Now all of a sudden its nothing but team this or team that. I think you might be on to something with their inability to let go of the Big 3 dominant era tbh. :lol

dabom
01-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Duncan 100% and anyone else is trash.

Legacy
01-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Yeah, seems like a "hipster" thing going on here. I really love Kawhi, but I also love Timmy and Manu to pieces. Does that make me a lame "mainstream fan?" :wtf

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2015, 06:20 PM

Categorize so as to marginalize and a strawman. Nice.

I will say that the alluding that your 'opponent' is doing what you are in fact doing is a lame schtick. In this case, your Leonard thread du jour belies all this shit and it's too fucking obvious. When xmas and the like try your line they couch it with mountains of spam and circle jerk. At least when they do it it is confusing and flabbergasting. When you do it like you are doing it, it just seems like weak ass shit.

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 06:33 PM

There's a difference between saying one guy is the best player on a team and to say the team IS HIS. You know this is true, and you're being coy by making believe it's the same thing. Paul Millsap is a great and under-appreciated player, but it would be out of character for him to proclaim, "The Hawks are MY team! This is why we're good."

apalisoc_9
01-18-2015, 06:36 PM
I have as many Manu and Timmy threads in the last 4 years..I am a huge kawhi fan so I make threads about him..Similarly, I'm a huge Tim, Manu fan so I make threads about them.

I love the spurs as a team..Not sure why people are so mad..

Loving and acknowledging is two different things...Leonard doesn't have to be your favorite player, you might even hate him, to acknowledge he is the best spur.

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Who's mad? Not me. I'm calmly talking about basketball, basketball analysis, and basketball perceptions.

FireMicoHalili
01-18-2015, 06:40 PM
I have as many Manu and Timmy threads in the last 4 years..I am a huge kawhi fan so I make threads about him..Similarly, I'm a huge Tim, Manu fan so I make threads about them.

I love the spurs as a team..Not sure why people are so mad..

Loving and acknowledging is two different things...Leonard doesn't have to be your favorite player, you might even hate him, to acknowledge he is the best spur.
props on being the biggest troll, brah. Now go lock yourself in a room and fap to Kawhi's highlights (as if you haven't already).

Juggity
01-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Leonard doesn't have to be your favorite player, you might even hate him, to acknowledge he is the best spur.

You have to acknowledge that TD still has a similar impact to Kawhi if not greater tbh...While Kawhi is clearly more important than Tony and Manu at this point in time, it's not at all clear that he's more important to the spurs' success than TD. Big man defenders are fundamentally more impactful than wing defenders, and TD is one of the top Big man defenders in the league. Actually, he's a DPOY candidate currently (Zach Lowe discussed this last week on a grantland podcast). Add to that TD's scoring and rebounding (just imagine how awful the rebounding would be without him).

Losing either TD or Kawhi sinks the spurs, no doubt. Losing any of the elite role players also sinks the spurs. But I think it's clear that losing TD would be the most devastating event that could happen to the spurs right now. Without Tim, I sincerely doubt they make the playoffs, or even end up better than a 9 seed. Without Kawhi, it would be tough to make the playoffs but they've proven they can at least stay above water and be a .500 team, probably a first-round out.

apalisoc_9
01-18-2015, 06:50 PM
You have to acknowledge that TD still has a similar impact to Kawhi if not greater tbh...While Kawhi is clearly more important than Tony and Manu at this point in time, it's not at all clear that he's more important to the spurs' success than TD. Big man defenders are fundamentally more impactful than wing defenders, and TD is one of the top Big man defenders in the league. Actually, he's a DPOY candidate currently (Zach Lowe discussed this last week on a grantland podcast). Add to that TD's scoring and rebounding (just imagine how awful the rebounding would be without him).

Losing either TD or Kawhi sinks the spurs, no doubt. Losing any of the elite role players also sinks the spurs. But I think it's clear that losing TD would be the most devastating event that could happen to the spurs right now. Without Tim, I sincerely doubt they make the playoffs, or even end up better than a 9 seed. Without Kawhi, it would be tough to make the playoffs but they've proven they can at least stay above water and be a .500 team, probably a first-round out.

TD has been awful defensively in the last 10 games..The spurs have been murdered to the ground with TD guarding the Big man pop and roll without two elite defensive players..Green is one, but the others are awful

What are spurs fan watching?

wow

rasuo214
01-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Either TD or Kawhi. I would say it is still TD's team but by the end of the season it may become Kawhi's team (especially if he continues to play like he did in the Blazers game). I think it's a bit different to ask who is the best player on the Spurs and this is ____'s team. A comparison would be the Heat a few years ago, Lebron was the best player but it was still Wade's team.

apalisoc_9
01-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Either TD or Kawhi. I would say it is still TD's team but by the end of the season it may become Kawhi's team (especially if he continues to play like he did in the Blazers game). I think it's a bit different to ask who is the best player on the Spurs and this is ____'s team. A comparison would be the Heat a few years ago, Lebron was the best player but it was still Wade's team.

Good comparison, IMO.

Juggity
01-18-2015, 07:04 PM

Bro, come on. If you can't acknowledge that TD has had a great season defensively, I'm not sure you've been watching. Big men are the key component of elite defense in the NBA. TD has kept the spurs among the top defensive teams in the NBA even in Kawhi's absence. That might not have been sustainable had kawhi remained injured for longer, but I'd wager that had TD been injured, the spurs' defense would have suffered much more.

100%duncan
01-18-2015, 07:19 PM
I've always called it Tim's. In 03 05 07 '11, up until now. Never bought into manu's or tp's hype. It will be kawhi's soon. And yes Kawhi is the best player so sone crybaby here can stfu.

lefty
01-18-2015, 07:47 PM
:lol Parker and Evita getting ethered in this thread

ChumpDumper
01-18-2015, 08:11 PM
lol hipster thread

FkLA
01-18-2015, 08:20 PM
lol hipster thread

this shtick sucks :cry

yet you can't stop responding...

ChumpDumper
01-18-2015, 08:22 PM
this shtick sucks :cry

yet you can't stop responding...Why should I not respond? Did you make a law?

What a lame hipster comeback attempt. You got your mustache wax on that one.

Russo21
01-18-2015, 11:54 PM
Kawhi has played in 24 of a possible 42 games averaging 32.1mpg
Tim has played in 36 of a possible 42 games averaging 31.0mpg

Kawhi 15.4ppg, 7.4rpg, 2.6apg, 0.7bpg, 2.0spg 45%FG 19.4PER
Tim 15.0ppg, 10.4rpg, 3.2apg, 2.0bpg, 1.0spg 48%FG 22.0PER

Even if you call it Kawhi's team I think it's pretty clear old man Duncan is holding his own

Mel_13
01-18-2015, 11:57 PM
It was David's team until he retired and it will remains Tim's team until he decides to hang them up.

KL2
01-19-2015, 12:37 AM
Either Leonard or TD's, you can see the passing of the torch though. The younger guys rally around Leonard, he elevates their game out there, becoming a real leader.

Clipper Nation
01-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Ugh, yet another thread ruined by player fans.

HI-FI
01-19-2015, 12:53 AM
It was David's team until he retired and it will remains Tim's team until he decides to hang them up.
This.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-19-2015, 12:59 AM
TD has been awful defensively in the last 10 games..The spurs have been murdered to the ground with TD guarding the Big man pop and roll without two elite defensive players..Green is one, but the others are awful

wow

You are so stupid..

Malik Hairston
01-19-2015, 01:02 AM
Duncan had a DPOY-level start to the season, but ya, his defense has been really bad for a few weeks now..very evident that the big minutes and large load(on both ends) has taken a toll on him..

He keeps defeating Father Time, but I don't know why anybody would expect consistent defense from a 39-year old C in the fastest/most athletic era of basketball..

Prime Time
01-19-2015, 01:16 AM
Leonard is the best player on the team. No point debating that, he offers so much more than a pretty stat sheet.

With that said, Duncan has the most vocal power over anyone on the team not named Pop. Considering how on the court Duncan isn't much worse than Kawhi, and how Leonard's voice probably means shit right now, I'd give the edge to Duncan.

unleashbaynes
01-19-2015, 01:19 AM
Are people's egos really so big that we're categorizing different "types" of fandom? "Mainstream fan"? "Team fan"?

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 01:27 AM
Disagree. I think it was tim's the day he wore the Spurs uniform. Proved it in '99 and erased all the questions by winning b2b mvps and a second title. All that before David retired.

Malik Hairston
01-19-2015, 01:55 AM
Bonner's team, tbh..that longevity, tho..

romain.star
01-19-2015, 01:56 AM

How would you know what was cool to say in 2005? Back then you were 3 years old

Sean Cagney
01-19-2015, 03:01 AM
Was going to vote Kawhi until I saw Pippen's name there--blecch. Pippen's a good defender and all but Leonard will be the better overall player by the end of his career.

If he is the overall better player by the end of his career we have a future all star and HOF player on our team TBH. I would not go that far yet, but I hope so.

aal04
01-19-2015, 03:50 AM
Always the big.

You can take away Kawhis defense and other teams chit on us. we did poorly and would probably not make 50 wins. But we would still be play offs bound.

If you take Tims anchor defense, it leaves us with Splitter who is either injured, or turns up with a tampon. Then its a big drop to Baynes who is a brute at best.

We would lose way more games with Tim out than anyone else.

z0sa
01-19-2015, 04:03 AM
Pop's

mkurts
01-19-2015, 04:11 AM
Give Ginobili the ball in crunch time then you will see who's team this is

milkyway21
01-19-2015, 04:33 AM
This thread will be awesome if Kawhi decides to sign a contract with another team in the summer :D

Raven
01-19-2015, 04:36 AM
no idea tbh

romain.star
01-19-2015, 04:55 AM
If no one owns this team, rejuvenated Duncan is its most valuable player.

Oh and having watched both of them: Pippen >> Kawhi on both sides of the court

Brazil
01-19-2015, 06:20 AM
:lol thread with agenda...

if OP point was to ask who is the best player... why not simply ask who is the best player... 90% would have voted Kawhi but I guess it does not fit with calling out big 3 antiquated fans :rolleyes

99 Problems
01-19-2015, 06:32 AM
THE RED MAMBA!

From the moment he dunked out on transition it was obvious.

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 06:57 AM

if OP point was to ask who is the best player... why not simply ask who is the best player... 90% would have voted Kawhi but I guess it does not fit with calling out big 3 antiquated fans :rolleyes

That's the thing tbh :lol Most of us here don't have a problem with Kawhi as being the best player, that dude's a stud. But some just force opinions into other people's minds imho, this has and always will be Tim's team until he decides to retire.

FkLA
01-19-2015, 09:07 AM
Why should I not respond? Did you make a law?

What a lame hipster comeback attempt. You got your mustache wax on that one.

:lol When did I say you shouldnt respond? Go right ahead. If it is indeed a shtick though you're giving it plenty of attention which seems strange since you think it sucks.

Wildcat67
01-19-2015, 10:25 AM
We were much more top-heavy when the big 3 where in their primes, tbh... but nowadays, it's indisputable what Kawhi's value is to the team.

I agree that Tim is the foundation, Manu the heart of the team, and Tony the steady engine... but father time says that would only work to a .500 record in this day and age...

In a way, it's comforting to see Kawhi taking the reigns of this team, I'm sure it makes it much easier for guys like Tim and Manu to eventually retire, knowing they're leaving the team in good claws...

Kawhi's the Machine Gun of the team. He makes them bleed.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2015, 11:53 AM
:lol When did I say you shouldnt respond? Go right ahead. If it is indeed a shtick though you're giving it plenty of attention which seems strange since you think it sucks.i think everyone should know how much your shtick sucks.

What part of that do you not understand?

lolutsa

FkLA
01-19-2015, 12:01 PM
lol re-read the post idiot

noone is arguing whether anything does or doesn't suck

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2015, 12:30 PM
This team has always been Tim's :lol Until he leaves, then it'll be someone else's. Will it be KL? Depends on if the spurs can ink him this summer.

Legacy
01-19-2015, 12:33 PM

I agree. I did quickly vote for Kawhi, but immediately wanted to change my vote to Timmy afterwards, but obviously it was too late. There's no question (imho) that Kawhi holds the keys to the Spurs future (if he decides to remain a Spur)... but "the passing of the torch" hasn't officially happened yet. Until The Big Fundamental's "wheels fall off"-- he's still in command.

TampaDude
01-19-2015, 12:35 PM
This has been Timmy's team since he started with them in 1997. When he retires, it will be Kawhi's team, no question. The Spurs will be in good hands for years to come. :hat

TampaDude
01-19-2015, 12:41 PM
The 2014 Spurs were perhaps the most codependent championship team in the history of basketball. We pretty much needed everyone. Even Baynes. That's insane to think about.

Sure, every champion needs it's core players, but I don't think we've ever seen anything else like the current Spurs team.

The upside is that this Spurs team is a TEAM...they move the ball all the time and someone always steps up. Remember, this is the team that obliterated the Miami Heat last year, with the largest combined winning margin in NBA Finals history.

dabom
01-19-2015, 02:32 PM

Tim is still the best player. Kawhi is streaky at best in the playoffs and duncan is a consistent 20-10 and huge defensive impact on the floor every night. The only nights he doesn't pull those numbers is when we blow out teams and he doesn't need to try.

dabom
01-19-2015, 02:34 PM
Carlisle pretty much took kawhi out the game last year in the playoffs. You wouldn't be able to do that to duncan.
Kawhi still has a long way to go. He is second best in this team and far from first.

hater
01-19-2015, 02:41 PM
thread backfire :lmao

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2015, 02:46 PM
I don't like the idea of a player being the "team" but you'd have to be either a mainstream big 3 fan or just a total moron to not think Kawhi is the best Player in the team.
WTF is a mainstream big 3 fan :lol does that even fucking exist?? Parker is not the best player on the team. It's definitely Kawhi, but it's far from his team :lol

dabom
01-19-2015, 02:52 PM
WTF is a mainstream big 3 fan :lol does that even fucking exist?? Parker is not the best player on the team. It's definitely Kawhi, but it's far from his team :lol

Sorry bud but he fucking ain't. Found missing in that dallas series. Good thing we had the big three including fucking duncan to stomp on dallas while everyone is playing like shit.
Blazers series he was meh. OKC series he was good and that heat series he was gone for 2 fucking games and we split those 2. Any decent small foward could have given us a 2-0 lead. Sure kawhi did go beast mode the last 3 games because
the heat didn't stick lebron on kawhi for most of those last games. Duncan meanwhile is fucking carrying at dallas okc and overtime and pulling great numbers in the finals. People just take that shit for granted but he is pulling most of the fucking weight.

dabom
01-19-2015, 03:01 PM
We do shit when kawhi goes down because the FO fucking decides we don't need one for some fucking reason and decides to play small ball 2 pg or 2 sg line ups.
When duncan sits we can do well because he can be replaced by tiago or any of our back up PF's.

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2015, 03:02 PM
Sorry bud but he fucking ain't. Found missing in that dallas series. Good thing we had the big three including fucking duncan to stomp on dallas while everyone is playing like shit.
Blazers series he was meh. OKC series he was good and that heat series he was gone for 2 fucking games and we split those 2. Any decent small foward could have given us a 2-0 lead. Sure kawhi did go beast mode the last 3 games because
the heat didn't stick lebron on kawhi for most of those last games. Duncan meanwhile is fucking carrying at dallas okc and overtime and pulling great numbers in the finals. People just take that shit for granted but he is pulling most of the fucking weight.were in the now nigga not last year! Right now!

dabom
01-19-2015, 03:05 PM
were in the now nigga not last year! Right now!

"We do shit when kawhi goes down because the FO fucking decides we don't need one for some fucking reason and decides to play small ball 2 pg or 2 sg line ups.
When duncan sits we can do well because he can be replaced by tiago or any of our back up PF's."

You stupid fuck. I even talked about this year.

And kawhi hasn't done shit this year. If anything Duncan is the one consistent rock the spurs can rely on.

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2015, 03:07 PM
"We do shit when kawhi goes down because the FO fucking decides we don't need one for some fucking reason and decides to play small ball 2 pg or 2 sg line ups.
When duncan sits we can do well because he can be replaced by tiago or any of our back up PF's."

You stupid fuck. I even talked about this year.

And kawhi hasn't done shit this year. If anything Duncan is the one consistent rock the spurs can rely on.
Your right. I'm sorry....

you dumb faggot I'm not sorry!!!!!!!!

dabom
01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Your right. I'm sorry....

you dumb faggot I'm not sorry!!!!!!!!
You mad. :lol

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2015, 03:12 PM
You mad. :lol
na my nigga we good :lol Your actually a good poster around here. We just have a disagreement on something.

dabom
01-19-2015, 03:13 PM
na my nigga we good :lol Your actually a good poster around here. We just have a disagreement on something.

Ait then . :toast

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Ait then . :toast
:toast:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YFceL1Jdu7s/U56iOP8Y56I/AAAAAAAABaI/DDU8UMxt724/s1600/kawhi-leonard-mvp-nba-finals-trophy-awesome-team-spurs.jpg

DarrinS
01-19-2015, 04:02 PM
Until he retires, it's Tim's team

Brazil
01-19-2015, 06:17 PM
Tim is still the best player. Kawhi is streaky at best in the playoffs and duncan is a consistent 20-10 and huge defensive impact on the floor every night. The only nights he doesn't pull those numbers is when we blow out teams and he doesn't need to try.

I disagree tbh

tim was the best player imo during last POs. So far tho Spurs are a totally different team when Kawhi is on the floor. Anyway Tim being in this kind of discussion at 38 y/o is just unbelievable tbh

dabom
01-19-2015, 06:22 PM
I disagree tbh

tim was the best player imo during last POs. So far tho Spurs are a totally different team when Kawhi is on the floor. Anyway Tim being in this kind of discussion at 38 y/o is just unbelievable tbh

So Duncan was the best player in the playoffs for the spurs last year and you think that'll change this year? Under what assumptions?

Brazil
01-19-2015, 06:30 PM
So Duncan was the best player in the playoffs for the spurs last year and you think that'll change this year? Under what assumptions?

Under the impression of half a season tbh

dabom
01-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Under the impression of half a season tbh

half a season of playing 2pg or 2 sg lineups or playing rookies or playing bad players as a SF backup? Playing marco heavy minutes.
I can kinda see how people are misguided.

Legacy
01-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Wait, how come some people here are saying that this was Timmy's team since the very beginning when he was drafted and not D-Rob's? Are you guys basing your opinions on seniority, accolades, best player, favorite player, or what? Then why are you guys so pissed about people saying this is Kawhi's team now even though Timmy was obviously here first? WTF?? Doesn't make any sense. I'm basing my opinions on seniority, btw.

Legacy
01-19-2015, 07:44 PM
Wow. So I guess this is a best/favorite player thread afterall. What a complete clusterfuck... :lmao

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Wait, how come some people here are saying that this was Timmy's team since the very beginning when he was drafted and not D-Rob's? Are you guys basing your opinions on seniority, accolades, best player, favorite player, or what? Then why are you guys so pissed about people saying this is Kawhi's team now even though Timmy was obviously here first? WTF?? Doesn't make any sense. I'm basing my opinions on seniority, btw.

Tim Duncan was a number 1 draft pick, talk of the country, one of the most awaited college players to go pro, expected to be the franchise player that he became. Kawhi was a 15th pick, expected to be a great wing to an old-declining team.

Legacy
01-19-2015, 08:15 PM
Tim Duncan was a number 1 draft pick, talk of the country, one of the most awaited college players to go pro, expected to be the franchise player that he became. Kawhi was a 15th pick, expected to be a great wing to an old-declining team.

Okay, so you're basing your opinion on accolades.

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 08:17 PM
Okay, so you're basing your opinion on accolades.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact that answers your question :lol

Legacy
01-19-2015, 08:21 PM
It's not an opinion, it's a fact that answers your question :lol

:lol WTF is so funny? Didn't I just say I based my opinion on seniority? I just stated a fact on your opinion. Do you even know what a fact and an opinion is?

Full Definition of ACCOLADE1
a : a ceremonial embrace
b : a ceremony or salute conferring knighthood

a : a mark of acknowledgment : award (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/award)
b : an expression of praise

... That's what you're basing your opinion on, genius.

rasuo214
01-19-2015, 08:34 PM

I love Duncan but you do realize it is 2015 right? Duncan hasn't been a 20-10 guy for a while, playoffs or regular season.

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 08:37 PM
:lol WTF is so funny? Didn't I just say I based my opinion on seniority? I just stated a fact on your opinion. Do you even know what a fact and an opinion is?

Full Definition of ACCOLADE1
a : a ceremonial embrace
b : a ceremony or salute conferring knighthood

a : a mark of acknowledgment : award (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/award)
b : an expression of praise

... That's what you're basing your opinion on, genius.

Why are you so mad? :lol

You asked a question why people had no problem when Tim was already considered the man when he was drafted and why alot are against Kawhi being "the man" today. I just showed you the difference, the expectations( being the best player in college compared to being a solid wing who couldn't shoot), yes the accolades and those are facts. And not opinions. It isn't even about seniority "genius", it's what the player brings to the team. Rookie TD was already a better player than an old, declining, post-injury DRob. While Kawhi being the best player on the Spurs today, his numbers aren't head-and-shoulders above the production that Duncan makes and is clearly inferior to the emotional and mental strength that the presence of TD gives to the team. Duncan led the team's minutes last year in the playoffs, had the highest ppg and rpg before the finals, etc2. Old Drob wasn't this productive. Thus, it's harder for people now to accept/consider Kawhi being "the man" when a soon to be 39 year old is still putting up the kind of numbers he put up last playoffs and this season.

I really don't know why you got so over emotional over this :lol I considered you as a chill person even have you on my friend's list here :cry

Legacy
01-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Why are you so mad? :lol

You asked a question why people had no problem when Tim was already considered the man when he was drafted and why alot are against Kawhi being "the man" today. I just showed you the difference, the expectations, yes the accolades and those are facts. And not opinions. It isn't even about seniority "genius", it's what the player brings to the team. Rookie TD was already a better player than an old, declining, post-injury DRob. While Kawhi being the best player on the Spurs today, his numbers aren't head-and-shoulders above the production that Duncan makes and is clearly inferior to the emotional and mental strength that the presence of TD gives to the team. Duncan led the team's minutes last year in the playoffs, had the highest ppg and rpg before the finals, etc2. Old Drob wasn't this productive. Thus, it's harder for people now to accept/consider Kawhi being "the man" when a soon to be 39 year old is still putting up the kind of numbers he put up last playoffs and this season.

I really don't know why you got so over emotional over this :lol I considered you as a chill person even have you on my friend's list here :cry

I'm not pissed. You're being obnoxious as usual. Whatever, you're a fucking idiot, and obviously don't understand what I'm trying to say.

:lol bringing up the friend's list like this is facebook or something

dabom
01-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Duncan doesnt take games off in the playoffs. If the team revolved around kawhi we wouldn't have passed the first round.

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 08:41 PM
I'm not pissed. You're being obnoxious as usual. Whatever, you're a fucking idiot, and obviously don't understand what I'm trying to say.

The irony :lol ok gnsf

Legacy
01-19-2015, 08:43 PM
The irony :lol ok gnsf

Better than being a BNGNSF anyday. Now get lost and learn some English.

dabom
01-19-2015, 08:43 PM
Does anyone know what legacy is trying to say? There are a myriad of elements people use to choose who is the leader and it doesn't need to be so basic like what he is trying to do.

Legacy
01-19-2015, 08:44 PM
:lol bringing up the friend's list like this is facebook or something

rasuo214
01-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Duncan doesnt take games off in the playoffs. If the team revolved around kawhi we wouldn't have passed the first round.

If the team revolved around anyone they wouldn't have won. They won because they were a team and guys stepped up when they had favorable matchups.

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know what legacy is trying to say? There are a myriad of elements people use to choose who is the leader and it doesn't need to be so basic like what he is trying to do.

:lol don't try to rationalize things with him tbh. He'll curse you like that bullied kid back in high school

Legacy
01-19-2015, 08:48 PM

Yeah, I was just being simplistic and basing my opinion on seniority, like I said. Not trying to overthink the question, that's all. And you're right, there are a myriad of elements-- which 100%Dumbshit doesn't seem to understand.

Johnny RIngo
01-20-2015, 08:34 AM
If no one owns this team, rejuvenated Duncan is its most valuable player.

Oh and having watched both of them: Pippen >> Kawhi on both sides of the court

Kawhi's numbers at age 23 are comparable to Pippen's at the same age:

http://s5.postimg.org/yyeftwuxj/Pippen_Leonard_age_23.png

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 08:37 AM

holy crap those are some epic stats

FkLA
01-20-2015, 12:03 PM
thread backfire :lmao

Boiled down its::

FMVPippen: 26
Enrique: 8

Mr Bones
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM

I'm a huge fan of both players, but these stats pretty much prove their own irrelevance. Leonard has a higher ORtg and a lower DRtg, but Pippen has a better VORP. That makes no sense.

Horse
01-20-2015, 01:35 PM
Your mom

Johnny RIngo
01-20-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm a huge fan of both players, but these stats pretty much prove their own irrelevance. Leonard has a higher ORtg and a lower DRtg, but Pippen has a better VORP. That makes no sense.

VORP is a cumulative stat , not a rate stat. It's pretty much meaningless in this comparison(since they've played different amounts of games). If you're dead set on comparing the two using the advanced numbers, BPM is better.

Mr Bones
01-21-2015, 11:50 AM
VORP is a cumulative stat , not a rate stat. It's pretty much meaningless in this comparison(since they've played different amounts of games). If you're dead set on comparing the two using the advanced numbers, BPM is better.

That's just it-- I'm not dead set. Dead set means you don't have an open mind, and I'd say an open mind is the best tool to use in evaluation of a player.

Johnny RIngo
01-21-2015, 12:09 PM
That's just it-- I'm not dead set. Dead set means you don't have an open mind, and I'd say an open mind is the best tool to use in evaluation of a player.

You claimed that ALL the stats were irrelevant based on the VORP discrepancy(which was a dumb comparison to make in the first place). What the hell does ORtg/Drtg have to with VORP in the first place :lol

Mr Bones
01-21-2015, 12:33 PM
You claimed that ALL the stats were irrelevant based on the VORP discrepancy(which was a dumb comparison to make in the first place). What the hell does ORtg/Drtg have to with VORP in the first place :lol

I've just noticed again and again that when people here make arguments, they use whatever stat backs them up best. In one thread, someone pointed out that Patty mills had a better ORtg than Parker, but when I pointed out that Aryes had a better ORtg than Kawhi, they immediately switched the stat comparison to WS% or something else.... Also, I was on the other side of the argument in the Josh Smith thread, where I said he was statistically terrible and immediately other posters said things like , "yeah but he played out of position" or "yeah but Van Gundy is terrible" or "yeah, but he's a good defender..." Stats aren't facts of a player's value. They're translations of a player's value.