PDA

View Full Version : White Wide Receivers..

Malik Hairston
01-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Just can't rely on them in big games, tbh..

Jordy Nelson, the best White WR I've ever seen, with multiple key drops, including an easy TD..

Wes Welker is the king of big drops in playoff games..

unleashbaynes
01-18-2015, 08:34 PM
The catch

Avante
01-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Tell that to the...GREAT....

Don Hutson
Ray Berry
Lance Alworth
Steve Largent
Fred Biletnikoff
Don Maynard
Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch

All in the HOF

Now add..

Charley Hennigan
Dave Parks
Dwight Clark

All 1000 yarders.

Lance Alworth is only second to Jerry Rice when it comes to greatness, he was amazing. Totally...wow~~~~~~~

Ray Berry, Steve Largent (by far the greatest Seahawk receiver) and Fred Biletnikoff had hands unlike any black receiver other than Chris Carter.

Don Hutson the most dominate receiver ever, he was on a whole other level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZoneRiOxE

The Gemini Method
01-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Largent was a beast. Too bad he played on some terrible Seahawk teams...

Avante
01-20-2015, 12:20 PM

Zorn to Largent, a forgotten but dynamic combo.

The Seahawks have never had a great TE or speed receiver.

Yep, you nailed it, pretty slim pickings back then.

The Gemini Method
01-20-2015, 12:31 PM

Yep, you nailed it, pretty slim pickings back then. Zorn to Largent was a dynamic combo. It's a shame they just had subpar defenses. Curt Warner instead of Elway might've been a monumental mistake since JE had said he might've been cool with playing in the PNW near his wife's family and what not. Being in the AFC West at the time they were, they'd have to be special to make it out of there. I remember when they almost lost the Seahawks to Anaheim to fill the void of the Rams. So the last 3 years has been a boom for the Seattle area. Many are annoyed with the way some carry themselves, but you have to excuse them. They haven't had a championship team since '77 (pros) and 90's for the Huskies so they're a bit rabid.

The recent version had a fucking head case in Percy Harvin--who really isn't a true no.1 and girlfriend fucker Golden Tate who, at best, is a no.2. Look at the year he had behind Calvin Johnson. It's amazing that for 3 years the Seahawks have been in the middle of the playoff chase with no real no.1 and no above average TE. Luke Willson is a good pass catcher, but he can pass protect or run block to save his life. Helfert was the best run blocking TE we had and Zach Miller was our best all-around TE and he is on IR.

cantthinkofanything
01-20-2015, 12:34 PM

Forgotten by who? Anyone that was watching football then was aware of Zorn and Largent. Largent was a great receiver period.
And if you ask people to limit thir all time receiver list to white people? Largent would be in the top 5. It's not like we're going back to fucking leather helmet days.

Yep...lemmee tell you about one of the best running backs I ever seen...yep...this cat had it all...speed, power, quickness, that intangible...what...
well...this was in a time long forgotten...
Sit right down and let me tell you about...Walter Payton

Spur-Addict
01-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Zorn to Largent was a dynamic combo. It's a shame they just had subpar defenses. Curt Warner instead of Elway might've been a monumental mistake since JE had said he might've been cool with playing in the PNW near his wife's family and what not. Being in the AFC West at the time they were, they'd have to be special to make it out of there. I remember when they almost lost the Seahawks to Anaheim to fill the void of the Rams. So the last 3 years has been a boom for the Seattle area. Many are annoyed with the way some carry themselves, but you have to excuse them. They haven't had a championship team since '77 (pros) and 90's for the Huskies so they're a bit rabid.

The recent version had a fucking head case in Percy Harvin--who really isn't a true no.1 and girlfriend fucker Golden Tate who, at best, is a no.2. Look at the year he had behind Calvin Johnson. It's amazing that for 3 years the Seahawks have been in the middle of the playoff chase with no real no.1 and no above average TE. Luke Willson is a good pass catcher, but he can't pass protect or run block to save his life. Helfert was the best run blocking TE we had and Zach Miller was our best all-around TE and he is on IR.

Not to mention we lost Richardson (Who was really coming on when Kearse was out, realistically our best WR), and McCoy was lost before the season even began. But what are ya gonna do? Gotta keep pushing forward

Avante
01-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Zorn to Largent was a dynamic combo. It's a shame they just had subpar defenses. Curt Warner instead of Elway might've been a monumental mistake since JE had said he might've been cool with playing in the PNW near his wife's family and what not. Being in the AFC West at the time they were, they'd have to be special to make it out of there. I remember when they almost lost the Seahawks to Anaheim to fill the void of the Rams. So the last 3 years has been a boom for the Seattle area. Many are annoyed with the way some carry themselves, but you have to excuse them. They haven't had a championship team since '77 (pros) and 90's for the Huskies so they're a bit rabid.

The recent version had a fucking head case in Percy Harvin--who really isn't a true no.1 and girlfriend fucker Golden Tate who, at best, is a no.2. Look at the year he had behind Calvin Johnson. It's amazing that for 3 years the Seahawks have been in the middle of the playoff chase with no real no.1 and no above average TE. Luke Willson is a good pass catcher, but he can pass protect or run block to save his life. Helfert was the best run blocking TE we had and Zach Miller was our best all-around TE and he is on IR.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. I agree with al that.

Put Largent on these Seahawks teams with Wilson and they aren't going into OT with GB. He would make a huge difference.

Blake
01-20-2015, 12:38 PM

Everyone knows Zorn to Largent.

fat stupid ol fuck

The Gemini Method
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Not to mention we lost Richardson (Who was really coming on when Kearse was out, realistically our best WR), and McCoy was lost before the season even began. But what are ya gonna do? Gotta keep pushing forward Yes. The Richardson injury hurt our passing corps. He was stretching the sideline lanes and making the middle approachable for Angry Doug and Chop. Chop is a great 3rd receiver and so is Doug. We miss Tate and Richardson might turn into a great stretch receiver. Not sure he'll be our Antonio Brown but who is? I think this shows that our team is fortitude. You can hate on the likes of Lynch and Sherman, but at the end of the day they bring it with a level of heart and courage that hasn't been seen in a long time. Certainly not from any other Seahawk era...

Yes, yes, yes and yes. I agree with al that.

Put Largent on these Seahawks teams with Wilson and they aren't going into OT with GB. He would make a huge difference. They'd probably lose some of the pieces on D, but a Largent type of player would be what Nelson is to Rodgers for Wilson.

Avante
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Forgotten by who? Anyone that was watching football then was aware of Zorn and Largent. Largent was a great receiver period.
And if you ask people to limit thir all time receiver list to white people? Largent would be in the top 5. It's not like we're going back to fucking leather helmet days.

Yep...lemmee tell you about one of the best running backs I ever seen...yep...this cat had it all...speed, power, quickness, that intangible...what...
well...this was in a time long forgotten...
Sit right down and let me tell you about...Walter Payton

I bet there are some here .....Zorn??? It's real obvious...back in the day...is not where most here are at.

Walter Payton? How about the Willie Galimore who like Payton came out of a HBCU school. Galimore was amazing, incredible. Why he is lost in obscurity except for those like myself is because he shared carries with a stud fullback Rick Casares and Willie was killed in a car wreck, so he had a short career.

JoeTait75
01-20-2015, 12:47 PM

The most frustrating thing about Largent, from the standpoint of an opposing fan, was that everyone knew he was the only consistent receiver the Seahawks had, yet he'd still get wide open almost at will.

The Gemini Method
01-20-2015, 12:52 PM
The most frustrating thing about Largent, from the standpoint of an opposing fan, was that everyone knew he was the only consistent receiver the Seahawks had, yet he'd still get wide open almost at will.

It was quite obvious, you're right. He still somehow out hustled and tricked many a DB into anticipating the wrong cut and bam he was already 11-12 yards into the open. Tough guy and was really great in person, too. When I met him at the Univ. of Washington when I went up there to catch a USC vs. UW game.

Avante
01-20-2015, 01:04 PM
For years the Oilers Charley Hennigan held the ...yardage in a season....record at 1,746. He was a fantastic receiver. And on that same Oiler team they had Bill Groman another 1000 yard guy.

Those great Packer teams, had only two white backs in Taylor and Hornung and two white receivers in Boyd Dowler and Carrol Dale they did have a black TE Marv Fleming.

When Arizona State 9.3 sprinter Travis Williams showed up a little later it looked weird to see a speedy Packer on offense. He quickly became their best kick returner ever. I think he still holds the best average in a season at 40 yards a return.

Would end up homeless and living on the streets.

Blake
01-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Just can't rely on them in big games, tbh..

Jordy Nelson, the best White WR I've ever seen, with multiple key drops, including an easy TD..

Wes Welker is the king of big drops in playoff games..

Pats gonna be in trouble since Tom will have to rely on Edelman and Amendola

Avante
01-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Those Lombardi Packer teams had two white receivers, Boyd Dowler/Carroll Dale.

When the Jets won the SB Namath had Don Maynard and George Sauer.

The Cards had a great duo in Bobby Joe Conrad and Sonny Randle back in the day.

The early Oilers, Charley Hennigan/Bill Groman.

The Chargers had Lance Alworth and Gary Garrison.

The old Lions with Terry Barr and Pat Studstill.

I am talking post black players in pro football.

Darth_Pelican
01-20-2015, 03:46 PM
But would these white WRs be elite in today's NFL where the athletes are more superior in every way? Where would a prime Steve Largent fit in today's game? Top 10? Middle of the pack? Fringe starter?

Avante
01-20-2015, 03:54 PM
But would these white WRs be elite in today's NFL where the athletes are more superior in every way? Where would a prime Steve Largent fit in today's game? Top 10? Middle of the pack? Fringe starter?

Lance Alworth would still blow by any db as would Don Maynard, Roger Carr, Sonny Randle. I can see the ...possesion...types like Largent, Berry and Biletnikoff having a harder time seperating. But....still getting the job done.

Blake
01-20-2015, 04:17 PM

if Welker can thrive, i think a prime Largent would be great.

Announcers would always talk about his "lateral speed" which is code for slow white guy

monosylab1k
01-20-2015, 05:35 PM
A little worried about Gronk and Edelman, but those guys are both blacker than Russell Wilson, so maybe the jinx skips them.

Jeff Van Gundy
02-01-2015, 11:37 PM
:lmao shitty take after 2 new england WRs and 1 TE had a big game today

Avante
02-01-2015, 11:48 PM

It's more about the fact there are so few of them. For ever good white receiver there are a 100 black ones just as good or better.

Pauly D
02-01-2015, 11:57 PM
tfw a bunch of white boys whoopt the Legion of Boom. All but Lafell and the RBs are of pure blood

Avante
02-01-2015, 11:59 PM
tfw a bunch of white boys whoopt the Legion of Boom. All but Lafell and the RBs are of pure blood

A Legion of Boom where three of them were nursing injuries. And a back up was in there because og a game injury.

Pauly D
02-02-2015, 12:01 AM
:cry they sure did look Sooooo injured :cry

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 12:02 AM

I was actually going to bump this:lol..

I didn't include TEs in my OP, since there have been some reliable White TEs, but ya, Edelman was great, probably should have been MVP..outlier, tbh..

It's more about Belichick, though..he's the only guy in the NFL that would build an offense based around White men, just to show that he can win with them:lmao..

Pauly D
02-02-2015, 12:05 AM
He's like Pop. He needs cooperation and selflessness. That's harder to get with blacks, even more so in the NFL than the NBA. In Pop's case the foreign players are the equivalent honestly

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 12:08 AM
He's like Pop. He needs cooperation and selflessness. That's harder to get with blacks, even more so in the NFL than the NBA. In Pop's case the foreign players are the equivalent honestly

I agree about Pop, and Belichick to an extent, but I honestly believe Belichick cares more about doing things that others haven't done:lol..

Everybody is loading up on tall, athletic niggas like Calvin Johnson and AJ Green, so Belichick does the opposite and employs Julian Edelman and Amendola as his receivers:lol..

Jeff Van Gundy
02-02-2015, 12:16 AM
I was actually going to bump this:lol..

I didn't include TEs in my OP, since there have been some reliable White TEs, but ya, Edelman was great, probably should have been MVP..outlier, tbh..

It's more about Belichick, though..he's the only guy in the NFL that would build an offense based around White men, just to show that he can win with them:lmao..

Yeah, yeah bullshit harlem.

Glad you man up tho and admit your own shitty take tbh. No harm done :lol

Infinite_limit
02-02-2015, 01:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NAk6C.gif

unleashbaynes
02-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Edelman taking that hit from Chancellor and then trying to keep running was such a good "fuck you, im not scared of you" moment.

:cry white WRs man, such heart

lefty
02-02-2015, 10:16 AM
my white boyz :cry
Boston represent :cry