PDA

View Full Version : "But but the Patriots deflated balls derp derp derp.."

sook
01-19-2015, 03:30 AM
Baseless accusations tbh, seems like people have nothing better to do .

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/deflate-gate--report--patriots-being-investigated-for-deflated-footballs-062844133.html

The NFL will investigate the possibility that the New England Patriots deflated footballs during the AFC championship game, which they won 45-7 over the Indianapolis Colts, according to Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com.

Breaking: A league source tells me the NFL is investigating the possibility the Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night. More to come.
— Bob Kravitz (@bkravitz) January 19, 2015
It rained constantly on Sunday in Foxborough, Mass., which made gripping the ball challenging. Obviously, a less-inflated ball is easier to grip than a fully inflated one.

I'm told at one point the officials took a ball out of play and weighed it. Should hear more tomorrow on this subject.
The league has guidelines on how much pressure the ball must have — between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch, weighing between 14 and 15 ounces.

Kravitz says the fine could be a stiff one if the Patriots are found guilty.

There was a delay before the third-quarter-opening kickoff that might have included game officials investigating the balls the Patriots were using.

Told if a league investigation confirms deflated footballs it will result in lost draft picks. Stay tuned.
Nobody is suggesting this is why the colts lost obviously. They were manhandled.
Although there hasn't been an NFL team accused or found guilty of this recently, former USC head coach Lane Kiffin — who, coicindentally, was named the front-runner in several reports to become the San Francisco 49ers' offensive coordinator — was accused of doing the same against Oregon in 2012 before losing his job during that season.

The Patriots have faced accusations that they've skirted the rules for years, and they were penalized for spying on the New York Jets during the 2007 season with the loss of a first-round draft pick and a hefty fine paid not by the team but by Bill Belichick himself.

SupremeGuy
01-19-2015, 09:26 AM
Oh look, a patriots fan downplaying their cheating, again. I'm shocked.

I'll be legitimately shocked if the Patriots are found guilty, tbh. The football and any evidence against them has probably already been destroyed. The NFL has been letting them cheat for over a decade, why stop now?

lefty
01-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Cowboys :lol

Pelicans78
01-19-2015, 09:34 AM
If you're not cheating, you're not trying.

lefty
01-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Pats are just competitive

They do what it takes to win

And I want more. Bribe refs. Frame Pete Carroll for robbery. Send Marshawn Lynch to China without a passport. One way or another, everyone is going to be *****ing, give them a reason and win a damn Super Bowl.

If we have to listen to it during every game, at least it'll have some merit instead of the usual, "Hurr, can't touch Brady LOL, look, the referee even helped him get up!"

SupremeGuy
01-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Belicheat and Patriots fans reminding me why I started rooting against them in the first place, tbh.

MultiTroll
01-19-2015, 10:09 AM

I'll be legitimately shocked if the Patriots are found guilty, tbh. The football and any evidence against them has probably already been destroyed. The NFL has been letting them cheat for over a decade, why stop now?

monosylab1k
01-19-2015, 10:37 AM
:cry if only the balls were properly inflated, the Colts would have lost 41-28 instead!

MultiTroll
01-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Nobody is suggesting this is why the colts lost obviously.

:cry if only the balls were properly inflated, the Colts would have lost 41-28 instead!

:cry:cry Nobody should hold my Pattycakes accountable! :cry:cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2015, 10:48 AM
So the NFL's procedure on game balls is...

-team provides balls two hours prior to the start of the game that the referees can test
-balls are under referee supervision prior to kickoff
-balls are then under custody of NFL-supplied ball attendant during the game

So when exactly would the Patriots have been able to deflate the balls? Was the NFL's ball attendant in on this? Were the refs? Did the Patriots have someone deflate balls when the ball attendant wasn't looking :lmao

resistanze
01-19-2015, 10:50 AM

-team provides balls two hours prior to the start of the game that the referees can test

So when exactly would the Patriots have been able to deflate the balls? Was the NFL's ball attendant in on this? Were the refs? Did the Patriots have someone deflate balls when the ball attendant wasn't looking :lmao

deflated ball gave Blount extra grip to not fumble the ball while running over Colts players tbh

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2015, 10:52 AM

Each team supplies its own game balls to use on offense, so no matter what, this has nothing to do with the Colts only scoring 7 points :lol

I'm sure it has everything to do with the Colts getting murdered by the run though :lmao

This story is absolutely hilarious.

Mal
01-19-2015, 11:00 AM
My thoughts. Balls being held and inflated in warm room somewhere in the stadium and then being brought to colder enviroment outside. Air pressure is related to temperature. So maybe this caused ball being deflated too much ?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2015, 11:02 AM
My thoughts. Balls being held and inflated in warm room somewhere in the stadium and then being brought to colder enviroment outside. Air pressure is related to temperature. So maybe this caused ball being deflated too much ?

Nope. It's a ball deflating conspiracy.

It's not like the exact same thing happens to everyone's tire pressure whenever a cold front hits :lmao

unleashbaynes
01-19-2015, 11:04 AM
sounds like a faggot butthurt Colts fan making excuses to me.

DarrinS
01-19-2015, 11:05 AM
Oh well, at least the NFL got rid of the "tuck rule"

Clipper Nation
01-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Not sure why Pats fans are getting so defensive, Goodell will find a way to "protect the shield" and make the story go away even if it's true, tbh :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Not sure why Pats fans are getting so defensive, Goodell will find a way to "protect the shield" and make the story go away even if it's true, tbh :lol

I'm just stating facts about game ball procedures :lol

Still waiting to hear when the Patriots deflated the game balls and who was involved :lol

Clipper Nation
01-19-2015, 11:14 AM
I'm waiting for the Robert Mueller "investigation" that concludes that Goodell has never seen a football or an air pump in his life :lol

Blizzardwizard
01-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Do what it takes to win, good move.

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2015, 11:21 AM

Pretty easy tbh.

Brady, Blount, and the center all had mini air needles taped to their fingers. Wonder why they would run the ball so often on 1st? Yep... gives them more time to deflate the ball so Brady can then sling it downfield when it really mattered. Also, the punter had a mini inflater. So when they had to give the ball back, they would make sure that they inflated it back to an unusable state.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2015, 11:23 AM
The only investigation here should be whether or not ref(s) fucked up by not checking the pressure of the ball as diligently as they should have, which has nothing to do with the Pats. A team supplies 24 balls and a pump to the refs, and after that the NFL has full control over them.

Aaron Rodgers even said a few weeks ago that GB regularly over-inflate balls and hopes the refs don't notice because that's how he prefers them.

Where was all the outrage when he said that :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-19-2015, 11:25 AM
The only investigation here should be whether or not ref(s) fucked up by not checking the pressure of the ball as diligently as they should have, which has nothing to do with the Pats.

:lol what kind of logic is this?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Pretty easy tbh.

Brady, Blount, and the center all had mini air needles taped to their fingers. Wonder why they would run the ball so often on 1st? Yep... gives them more time to deflate the ball so Brady can then sling it downfield when it really mattered. Also, the punter had a mini inflater. So when they had to give the ball back, they would make sure that they inflated it back to an unusable state.

I know you're joking but the Colts supply their own balls to use on offense, so the ball the punter is inflating wouldn't be the same ball Indy is using :lol

jeebus
01-19-2015, 11:27 AM
damn, colts overtaking the Cuckboys as the most butthurt team in the playoffs

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2015, 11:29 AM
:lol what kind of logic is this?

Simple: Checking the make sure properly inflated balls are used during the game isn't even remotely New England's responsibility.

unleashbaynes
01-19-2015, 11:32 AM
don't mind catfag. toxoplasmosis destroyed the few brain cells he started with.

monosylab1k
01-19-2015, 11:39 AM

Not defensiveness as much as a general annoyance with every little bitch who can't take a Patriots victory like a man, and instead has to search for some way to prove they cheated.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2015, 11:46 AM
damn, colts overtaking the Cuckboys as the most butthurt team in the playoffs

To be fair no one on the Colts is crying about this, just some butthurt Indy reporter who's been crying about the Pats for years.

Arcadian
01-19-2015, 12:08 PM
This is dumb, but still, :lol spygate...and :lol still no titles in 11 years.

JMarkJohns
01-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Only reason we still know about Tom Brady is because he plays with his deflated balls, TBH...

- Ray Lewis

JoeTait75
01-19-2015, 12:40 PM
So all the Browns have to do is deflate the footballs and they'd be good? I didn't realize it was that easy.

FromWayDowntown
01-19-2015, 12:46 PM
It's remarkable that anyone is trying to make this a story.

It's also remarkable that so many are willing to believe that the only thing that drives the Patriots success (or, at least, that a major factor in that success) is petty little things like this. They've been killing the AFC for years for reasons that have a lot more to do with smart coaching and talent than with bending (or even breaking) the rules.

JoeTait75
01-19-2015, 12:51 PM
Even if they are deflating the footballs, it's more gamemanship than "cheating." This kind of stuff has gone on forever in sports.

MultiTroll
01-19-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm waiting for the Robert Mueller "investigation" that concludes that Goodell has never seen a football or an air pump in his life :lol
:lol

MultiTroll
01-19-2015, 12:58 PM

-balls are under referee supervision prior to kickoff Where? Somebody sit over them for the whole 2 hours?
Where is the Aaron Rodgers has the Pack over inflate link?

MultiTroll
01-19-2015, 01:00 PM
It's remarkable that anyone is trying to make this a story.

It's also remarkable that so many are willing to believe that the only thing that drives the Patriots success (or, at least, that a major factor in that success) is petty little things like this. They've been killing the AFC for years for reasons that have a lot more to do with smart coaching and talent than with bending (or even breaking) the rules.
Talk about twisting the takes. :lol

a) no one is attributing the Pattys win yesterday to inflation/deflation.
b) "petty little things" like knowing in advance with cheating cameras which play your opponent is going to run. Please.

lefty
01-19-2015, 01:01 PM
U mad?

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3311483/loltom.gif

TampaDude
01-19-2015, 01:19 PM
The New England Patriots: ZERO rings since Spygate! :lol

lefty
01-19-2015, 01:21 PM
The New England Patriots: ZERO rings since Spygate! :lol
Wrong

1 in 2015

:lol RG3

TampaDude
01-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Wrong

1 in 2015

Hasn't happened yet, brah. Still ZERO since Spygate. Of course, now we have "Ballgate". Man, Belicheat never quits, does he? :lol

lefty
01-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Hasn't happened yet, brah. Still ZERO since Spygate. Of course, now we have "Ballgate". Man, Belicheat never quits, does he? :lol
Isnt the news source from Indy?

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2015, 01:27 PM
I know you're joking but the Colts supply their own balls to use on offense, so the ball the punter is inflating wouldn't be the same ball Indy is using :lol

hmmm...IDK then...why would the Colts over inflate their balls to fuck up their offense so bad?

RD2191
01-19-2015, 01:32 PM

lefty
01-19-2015, 01:46 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/3pytuk.jpg

jeebus
01-19-2015, 02:00 PM
To be fair no one on the Colts is crying about this, just some butthurt Indy reporter who's been crying about the Pats for years.
true, but there are some coltfan out there who are gullible enough to believe it

http://forums.colts.com/topic/35066-patriots-being-investigated-for-deflating-footballsmerge/

FromWayDowntown
01-19-2015, 02:01 PM
b) "petty little things" like knowing in advance with cheating cameras which play your opponent is going to run. Please.

This clearly explains why the Patriots have barely been able to break .500 since Spygate.

They're the elite of the elite not because they cheat, but because they're really, really good.

Kool Bob Love
01-19-2015, 02:06 PM
This is dumb, but still, :lol spygate...and :lol still no titles in 11 years.

I use to get killed for this when it came to the Spurs. 7 years plus 6. Not anymore. :flag:

TampaDude
01-19-2015, 02:09 PM
They're the elite of the elite not because they cheat, but because they're really, really good.

Yeah, the Patriots are a model franchise for the NFL like the Spurs are a model franchise for the NBA. They are well-coached, their system works, and they have been very good for a long time.

I am a New York guy, so I've been brought up to root against all Boston teams. Thus, I enjoy giving shit to Pats fans.

It's just good-natured ribbing from one sports fan to another, folks...no personal disrespect intended. Brady is one of the greatest QBs of all time...I'll still root for him to lose, though. :lol

MultiTroll
01-19-2015, 02:14 PM
This clearly explains why the Patriots have barely been able to break .500 since Spygate.

Without the cameras they were still playoff material a lot of those years. No problem.
If you can't see how knowing the other teams play in advance doesn't give a huge cheating advantage......:lol

spurraider21
01-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Each team supplies its own game balls to use on offense, so no matter what, this has nothing to do with the Colts only scoring 7 points :lol

I'm sure it has everything to do with the Colts getting murdered by the run though :lmao

This story is absolutely hilarious.
deflated balls help offense. if the colts had deflated balls they'd be thrilled tbh

DarrinS
01-19-2015, 02:20 PM
They are a very good team, which makes silly (and unnecessary) shit like deflating the ball indefensible.

FromWayDowntown
01-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Without the cameras they were still playoff material a lot of those years. No problem.
If you can't see how knowing the other teams play in advance doesn't give a huge cheating advantage......:lol

It's a difference-making advantage only if they can't sustain their successes once that advantage has been taken away. Their post-Spygate track record just doesn't back that up; the only thing anyone can really argue is that they haven't won the Super Bowl since then, but they've made the Super Bowl 3 different times and been in the AFC championship game 5 times since then. Clearly, whatever advantage they gained by whatever they got off the tapes wasn't the most important thing in their success, since they've continued to be successful in ways that almost every other franchise could only dream of.

You can keep harping on something that is now almost 10 years old. You don't seem to have any other colorable argument.

Mal
01-19-2015, 02:29 PM
How ball pressure affected Blount running for 3td and 150 yrds?

TampaDude
01-19-2015, 02:35 PM

That wasn't ball pressure, that was the Colts' shitty defense.

The Seahawks' defense is light years better. Brady will not have such an easy time in the SB.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2015, 02:47 PM
They are a very good team, which makes silly (and unnecessary) shit like deflating the ball indefensible.

It also makes stories about deflating the ball that much more far fetched and retarded.

The Colts are the last team they would ever do this against when their running game produces plenty of points on its own.

FromWayDowntown
01-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Nothing but a bunch of unworthy cheaters:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12194931/vince-wilfork-helps-trapped-motorist-new-england-patriots-afc-championship-game-victory?ex_cid=sportscenterTW

lefty
01-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Great teams generate a lot of hate and jealousy

We can take it

spurraider21
01-19-2015, 03:25 PM
it didn't. i don't think anybody in their rational mind would blame this for the result of the game.

Sammy Sosa's corked bat was exposed on a groundout. the result isn't what matters in these sorts of proceedings

Clipper Nation
01-19-2015, 03:31 PM
it didn't. i don't think anybody in their rational mind would blame this for the result of the game.

Sammy Sosa's corked bat was exposed on a groundout. the result isn't what matters in these sorts of proceedings
In a 1973 playoff game at the Coliseum, the Steelers insisted the Raiders kept sending in half-deflated balls onto the field whenever Pittsburgh tried a field goal -- with the words "Go Raiders!" scrawled on the ball.

:lmao Raiders

spurraider21
01-19-2015, 03:32 PM
In a 1973 playoff game at the Coliseum, the Steelers insisted the Raiders kept sending in half-deflated balls onto the field whenever Pittsburgh tried a field goal -- with the words "Go Raiders!" scrawled on the ball.

the raiders in the 70's and 80's were the dirtiest team in the league tbh :lol... it was part of their mantra

monosylab1k
01-19-2015, 03:34 PM

:cry it was a different era, players were tougher and cheating was okay

spurraider21
01-19-2015, 03:38 PM
:cry it was a different era, players were tougher and cheating was okay
the raiders were dirty and they embraced it. they had a banner in the locker room that said "cheating is encouraged"

i'm not saying it was OK back then... but at least they owned up to it :lol. stabler has admitted the "holy roller" was an intentional forward fumble, etc

TampaDude
01-19-2015, 03:39 PM
the raiders in the 70's and 80's were the dirtiest team in the league tbh :lol... it was part of their mantra

Dude...Jack Tatum...'nuff said...

FYM
01-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Dat tears...... Delicious

baseline bum
01-19-2015, 06:39 PM
LOL this story is on the NBC national news right now.

monosylab1k
01-19-2015, 06:51 PM
the raiders were dirty and they embraced it. they had a banner in the locker room that said "cheating is encouraged"

i'm not saying it was OK back then... but at least they owned up to it :lol. stabler has admitted the "holy roller" was an intentional forward fumble, etc
I don't have a problem with those Raiders teams, but it's just funny how blatant cheating in the 70's is looked at now as humorous and "just the way it was", while any hint of cheating now has everyone wanting to strip your team of every victory in franchise history.

spurraider21
01-19-2015, 07:10 PM
I don't have a problem with those Raiders teams, but it's just funny how blatant cheating in the 70's is looked at now as humorous and "just the way it was", while any hint of cheating now has everyone wanting to strip your team of every victory in franchise history.
i don't know if its right to say "it was ok"... but if you're a cheating team (like the old Raiders were) then you deserve the cheater label and whatever comes with it. the raiders were dirty and have routinely been one of the more penalized teams in the league. everybody looks back at the old raiders and knows they were cheap and dirty. and raider fans for better or worse sorta just have to accept that those teams were cheap and dirty.

if this report turns out to be true (i have my doubts, tbh), then pats fans similarly should at least accept the cheating stigma that will probably be a part of the team, instead of trying to dismiss all of it as :cry haterade :cry

Fabbs
01-19-2015, 07:50 PM
It's a difference-making advantage only if they can't sustain their successes once that advantage has been taken away. Their post-Spygate track record just doesn't back that up; the only thing anyone can really argue is that they haven't won the Super Bowl since then, but they've made the Super Bowl 3 different times.
:rolleyes
0-2 in Super Bowls with dual reamings by Manning and a 6-6 record.

Now if we count this years escape against moron Balitmore and the Colts laydown, they zoom up to 8-6.
Hardly the material they got their rigged previous playoff stats from.

unleashbaynes
01-19-2015, 08:11 PM
:lmao god what a bunch of crybaby faggots. What's next? Did the big mean New England Patriots supply the Colts sideline with orange Gatorade even though they clearly requested mango?

sook
01-19-2015, 08:25 PM
I still don't get how this is a national story :lol

Clipper Nation
01-19-2015, 10:05 PM

It's a byproduct of football's growth as a sport. It's the same reason why, in baseball, Ty Cobb's spikes or Gaylord Perry's spitballs are ignored but old faggot sportswriters start frothing at the mouth at the mere mention of steroids.

spurtech09
01-19-2015, 11:09 PM
NFL....National Fake League

chunticakes
01-20-2015, 04:46 AM
if ya ain't cheating, ya ain't trying.

Raven
01-20-2015, 06:45 AM
this "story" is frankly, pathetic.

LnGrrrR
01-20-2015, 08:44 AM
This just in, Seattle reporter says that Brady was caught viewing Seattle game tape from earlier in the year! TAPEGATE!!

Belichick allegedly spoke with famed Batboy, and may be planning to use the highly unethical practice of fielding a player with wings to fly him over the defense!!

Gronk seen on sidelines holding football!! What tricks does he have up his sleeve? Is he doctoring the ball? When's the last time he beat his mother?!?

spurraider21
01-20-2015, 11:08 AM
coincidence that Mono, DoK, Raven, Sook, LnGrrrR, and FYM (essentially every Patfan on this board) are all trying to brush this under the rug as if it means nothing?

:cry why is this a story
:cry everybody cheats

fwiw i doubt the nfl will find anything conclusive. but the defensiveness is real here

LnGrrrR
01-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Coincidence that every butthurt faggot on this board believes the accusation?

:cry believes the accusation with no facts
:cry it's a "conspiracy" if Pats are found innocent

The jealousy is real here

Blake
01-20-2015, 11:57 AM
coincidence that Mono, DoK, Raven, Sook, LnGrrrR, and FYM (essentially every Patfan on this board) are all trying to brush this under the rug as if it means nothing?

:cry why is this a story
:cry everybody cheats

fwiw i doubt the nfl will find anything conclusive. but the defensiveness is real here

meh. I think it means nothing.

Blake
01-20-2015, 11:57 AM

The Gemini Method
01-21-2015, 11:50 AM
Fuck it. If the report is true (not that it matters much...) then we should be allowed an extra cycle of PEDs...it's only fair! :lol

SupremeGuy
01-21-2015, 12:12 PM
557394981930168320:lol