PDA

View Full Version : Russel Wilson is the new Tom Brady

Brazil
01-19-2015, 07:23 AM
:lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24976349/sorting-the-sunday-pile-russell-wilson-is-the-new-tom-brady

GUESS THE QB THROUGH FIRST 3 YEARS

RECORD
COMP %
YARDS
TD
INT
YPA

Player A
34-12

Player B
37-12

Kool Bob Love
01-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Wilson better than Brady.

lefty
01-19-2015, 08:46 AM
WIlson shits on Brady

Spur-Addict
01-19-2015, 09:26 AM
:cry Such a nice article :bobo

SupremeGuy
01-19-2015, 09:31 AM
It's pretty crazy how Brady went from a game manager that relied heavily on his defense and special teams to win games for him, to what he is now. Maybe Struggle will change over time too.

Avante
01-19-2015, 04:46 PM
We can take any QB in pro football history and none of them match RW when it comes to the total package, in their first three seasons. He is without question "Da Man" there.

Look at how many great QB's weren't all that early on.

Pelicans78
01-19-2015, 04:48 PM
We can take any QB in pro football history and none of them match RW when it comes to the total package.

In talent or individual accomplishments?

Avante
01-19-2015, 04:52 PM
In talent or individual accomplishments?

Both. And this about their first three seasons.

Look at Tom Brady's first three seasons.

Pelicans78
01-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Both. And this about their first three seasons.

Look at Tom Brady's first three seasons.

I've seen more talented QBs when its come to arm strength, accuracy, anticipating throws, reading coverages.

1) He basically plays off of play-action and some read option stuff. They don't ask him to throw a ton since they run the ball well and have the best defense in the league.
2) He doesn't lose games and makes enough plays to win.
3) Hasn't played with a strong group of skilled WRs.
4) His height has limited his pocket awareness and he tends to get sacked more often because of it.
5) He makes alot of safe throws to avoid mistakes.
6) Runs an offense really well just like he did in college. Super efficient.
7) He's dynamic with his running ability and throwing on the run.
8) Benefits from playing with a lead most of the time and not having to take a ton of chances due to their defense.
9) Pocket passing will improve as he matures. I don't think he will be a prolific pocket passer like Brees, but can be a very good one.

Avante
01-19-2015, 05:29 PM
I've seen more talented QBs when its come to arm strength, accuracy, anticipating throws, reading coverages.

1) He basically plays off of play-action and some read option stuff. They don't ask him to throw a ton since they run the ball well and have the best defense in the league.
2) He doesn't lose games and makes enough plays to win.
3) Hasn't played with a strong group of skilled WRs.
4) His height has limited his pocket awareness and he tends to get sacked more often because of it.
5) He makes alot of safe throws to avoid mistakes.
6) Runs an offense really well just like he did in college. Super efficient.
7) He's dynamic with his running ability and throwing on the run.
8) Benefits from playing with a lead most of the time and not having to take a ton of chances due to their defense.
9) Pocket passing will improve as he matures. I don't think he will be a prolific pocket passer like Brees, but can be a very good one.

I've seen them all since Y.A.Tittle. In my opinion RW is the next Fran Tarkenton. He can do things nobody else playing today can do, hell. he's already doing things never done before.

Johhny Unitas had the best receiver in the league in Ray Berry, the best TE in John Mackey, the best receiving back in Lenny Moore, all in the HOF. Have you ever heard anyone...."he was great because..."

Look at Bart Starr who played with 8 HOFers. Same with Terry Bradshaw. Look at what Troy Aikman had.

Russell Wilson has never had a "great" receiver or TE.

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2015, 05:33 PM
I've seen them all since Y.A.Tittle. In my opinion RW is the next Fran Tarkenton. He can do things nobody else playing today can do, hell. he's already doing things never done before.

Johhny Unitas had the best receiver in the league in Ray Berry, the best TE in John Mackey, the best receiving back in Lenny Moore, all in the HOF. Have you ever heard anyone...."he was great because..."

Look at Bart Starr who played with 8 HOFers. Same with Terry Bradshaw. Look at what Troy Aikman had?

Russell Wilson has never had a "great" receiver or TE.

so...would have Michael Irvin and Jay Novacek been good without Aikman...nope...just average players...
gotta have that one guy with the arm to put the ball in their hands...

TampaDude
01-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Look at what Troy Aikman had.

Holy shit yeah...the mid '90s Dallas O-line was SICK! My dead grandmother could've won a fucking SB behind them.

Avante
01-19-2015, 06:01 PM
so...would have Michael Irvin and Jay Novacek been good without Aikman...nope...just average players...
gotta have that one guy with the arm to put the ball in their hands...

So ya don't watch much NFL, ok I get that.

Avante
01-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Holy shit yeah...the mid '90s Dallas O-line was SICK! My dead grandmother could've won a fucking SB behind them.

Look at what all these "great" QB's had. They all had better receivers than RW has had.

We could....

....without Franco, Swann, Stallworth, and those...FOUR...Hofers on the D, Terry Bradshaw ain't shit.

Where would John Elway be without Terrell Davis?

Where would Joe Montana be without Bill Walsh?

Where would Joe Namath be without Matt Snell/Emerson Boozer and HOF receiver Don Maynard?

Where would Peyton Manning be without Harrison/James/Wayne/Clark?

Pelicans78
01-19-2015, 06:13 PM
I think Montana could have been great without Walsh. He did win a Super Bowl with Seifert and almost got to the Super Bowl in KC even when way past his prime.

Brees won a Super Bowl without a stud skilled player though his o-line was really good that season except against the Vikings in the NFC Title game.

Avante
01-19-2015, 06:20 PM
I think Montana could have been great without Walsh. He did win a Super Bowl with Seifert and almost got to the Super Bowl in KC even when way past his prime.

Brees won a Super Bowl without a stud skilled player though his o-line was really good that season except against the Vikings in the NFC Title game.

The bottom line is RW has never had great receivers or a stud TE. Give him......Kellen Winslow, John Jefferson and Charlie Joiner like Fouts had, give him Marshall Faulk, Isacc Bruce, Torry Holt like Warner had. Give him Branch/Biletnikoff, Swann/Stallworth, Duper/Clayton....JIMMY GRAHAM...ANTONIO GATES. He's never had anything close to that.

Montana always had receivers and backs out of the backfield. When has RW ever had anything like Roger Craig?

Avante
01-19-2015, 07:15 PM
Not enought is made about a rookie stepping right in and taking over like RW did. That is a real big deal.

A guy with only three years of NFL experience being 11-0 vs SB winning QB's. A third year guy who has played in two SB.

Nobody has done it better after three seasons than RW.

Infinite_limit
01-19-2015, 07:33 PM
Wilson is blacker than Brady

Pelicans78
01-19-2015, 10:14 PM
The bottom line is RW has never had great receivers or a stud TE. Give him......Kellen Winslow, John Jefferson and Charlie Joiner like Fouts had, give him Marshall Faulk, Isacc Bruce, Torry Holt like Warner had. Give him Branch/Biletnikoff, Swann/Stallworth, Duper/Clayton....JIMMY GRAHAM...ANTONIO GATES. He's never had anything close to that.

Montana always had receivers and backs out of the backfield. When has RW ever had anything like Roger Craig?

Lynch is a good receiver out of the backfield and a punishing rusher. Yes RW hasn't had great skilled players, but Brees put up 5000 yards in 2008 with Lance Moore as his leading receiver and Pierre Thomas as his leading rusher. Brees didn't have Graham until after he won a Super Bowl.

Montana would have been great with the guys RW has had, especially a rusher like Lynch.

LnGrrrR
01-19-2015, 11:52 PM
Probably would be useful to compare both QBs to an "average QB" from those years. Passing stats have wildly inflated the last decade.

Infinite_limit
01-19-2015, 11:58 PM
Luck is still superior to Wilson. Russ shit the bed for 50 minutes

cantthinkofanything
01-20-2015, 10:08 AM
So ya don't watch much NFL, ok I get that.

you put a good player in a great system and they are naturally going to get more opportunities to shine and generate huge stats. Emmit was great but in any given year, there are probably 5-10 other RB's that could have done something similar in that system. Give a decent back enough space and chances to get in the open and he's going to get yards and have enough carries to put together a great highlight real.

Cowboys had a great team no doubt and those guys deserving of HOF based on their careers. But were they really that much better individually than half a dozen of their peers in the league?

IMO, Romo and Dez are closer to the top at their positions than Aikman and Irvin were.

JoeTait75
01-20-2015, 10:51 AM
you put a good player in a great system and they are naturally going to get more opportunities to shine and generate huge stats. Emmit was great but in any given year, there are probably 5-10 other RB's that could have done something similar in that system. Give a decent back enough space and chances to get in the open and he's going to get yards and have enough carries to put together a great highlight real.

Cowboys had a great team no doubt and those guys deserving of HOF based on their careers. But were they really that much better individually than half a dozen of their peers in the league?

IMO, Romo and Dez are closer to the top at their positions than Aikman and Irvin were.

Dallas had a great OL in the early '90s, no doubt. But how many of their linemen are in the HOF or are ever going to get there? Just Larry Allen, and he didn't arrive in Dallas until after they'd won two Super Bowls. At the end of the day a team is only as good as its playmakers.

cantthinkofanything
01-20-2015, 12:38 PM
Dallas had a great OL in the early '90s, no doubt. But how many of their linemen are in the HOF or are ever going to get there? Just Larry Allen, and he didn't arrive in Dallas until after they'd won two Super Bowls. At the end of the day a team is only as good as its playmakers.

I don't totally disagree. But if you put a better than average playmaker into a system with a great OL and surround him with other better than average playmakers, then the whole is much greater than a sum of the parts.

cantthinkofanything
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
I don't totally disagree. But if you put a better than average playmaker into a system with a great OL and surround him with other better than average playmakers, then the whole is much greater than a sum of the parts.

And I think it works both ways. Give an OL some good playmakers and they are going to look better as well. Maybe they don't have to hold a block for the extra second or maybe not make the hole so big. A solid QB and RB that keeps the defense honest. Anyway, not saying Aikman, Emmit, Irvin weren't very good. But I think you could have interchanged them with several other players who would have had similar stats.

Thebesteva
02-03-2015, 03:11 AM
Wilson better than Brady.

:lol

Avante
02-03-2015, 03:35 AM
We always have to compare any athletes to the same stage of the career. We can't take a 15 year vet and try and compare him to a young player.

Tom Brady doesn't compare to RW if all we look at is their first three seasons, actually nobody does. Do I think RW will ever surpass Tom Brady, of course not. RW will never be a top 10 QB, a top 20.....hmmmm?

cantthinkofanything
02-03-2015, 11:08 AM
We always have to compare any athletes to the same stage of the career. We can't take a 15 year vet and try and compare him to a young player.

Tom Brady doesn't compare to RW if all we look at is their first three seasons, actually nobody does. Do I think RW will ever surpass Tom Brady, of course not. RW will never be a top 10 QB, a top 20.....hmmmm?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-np_V5a9f-1Q/VG56tk7QeeI/AAAAAAAAa5I/-OUTIwlXPSA/s400/Bill%2BCosby%2BDrug%2BRape.jpg