PDA

View Full Version : Since Ferrari is driving around with a governor...

Phenomanul
01-19-2015, 09:33 AM
...and probably won't get a chance to defend his 3pt Title... should Danny Green be given a chance to participate in this year's 3pt shootout?

BillMc
01-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Danny's got the most makes and 2nd highest percentage (behind Tony who has made a lot less), I'd say he deserves a bid.

That said, my personal preference would be to give Danny a rest during the All Star break. He and Boris have played the most games this years, so my personal, selfish hope, is he stays home. But he does deserve to go.

SupremeGuy
01-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Patty looks like he'd be pretty good in a 3pt shooting contest, tbh. Green looks like he needs someone to feed him the ball to be effective.

hater
01-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Green is going to the 3pt competition. Ferrari is hurt, Green 3 pt finals record, Spurs current champs.

SupremeGuy
01-19-2015, 10:19 AM
If Danny goes, I hope I'm wrong, but I honestly think that having to grab balls from the rack is going to screw up his motion resulting in a subpar performance. If he does poorly, I hope it doesn't mindfuck him.

lil'mo
01-19-2015, 10:40 AM
:rolleyes

cd98
01-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Matt Bonner deserves to be in the contest. I don't know what his numbers are, but I think he smokes everyone in a three point shooting contest. Irving had to have a crazy, once in a lifetime streak to beat Red Rocket.

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2015, 12:40 PM
If Danny goes, I hope I'm wrong, but I honestly think that having to grab balls from the rack is going to screw up his motion resulting in a subpar performance. If he does poorly, I hope it doesn't mindfuck him.
As long as he hits them in the playoffs.

hater
01-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Green is pretty damn fucking clutch imo

if he gets in a rhythm he could easily break AllStar 3pt records

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Has to be Bonner. He won two years ago, didn't he?

TampaDude
01-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Red Mamba!!!

urunobili
01-19-2015, 01:31 PM
All what I care is that pop fakes a TD injury so that he rests. Maybe even the same with Kawhi... I rather have them all rest tbh

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Has to be Bonner. He won two years ago, didn't he?
he participated. Irving won that year.

Beaverfuzz
01-19-2015, 02:02 PM
It's a three point contest, not as big of a deal as being on the actual All Star team. Let him (Green or anyone else) play if he's invited.

Malik Hairston
01-19-2015, 02:16 PM
Green seems like the type that would enjoy ASW, tbh, I think he was the only Spur that did media tours during the off-season:lol..

Dex
01-19-2015, 02:24 PM
he participated. Irving won that year.

Matty put up a great performance. Kyrie just went video game mode in that final round.

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Matty put up a great performance. Kyrie just went video game mode in that final round.
Correct! He caught fire.

cd98
01-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Even though Bonner lost, I think it was still pretty close.

hater
01-19-2015, 02:50 PM
I believe Booner choked

he can easily make 100 consecutive 3s in an empty gym.

Dverde
01-19-2015, 02:51 PM
That Baynes' 3 attempt vs. The Jazz had good rotation on it.

TampaDude
01-19-2015, 03:20 PM
All what I care is that pop fakes a TD injury so that he rests. Maybe even the same with Kawhi... I rather have them all rest tbh

DNP - OLD :lol

Phenomanul
01-19-2015, 03:56 PM

The NBA re-structured All-Star Weekend to include a week of rest for everyone in the league... so a one-weekend showing wouldn't necessarily fatigue participants.

With the Spurs being so far down the rankings the real question is if any Spurs will actually be selected... in years' past a token Spurs' player was selected by the coaches due to the team's contention at the top of the league. I wouldn't be surprised if no Spurs player is selected this year [especially in a stacked Western Conference] (obviously acknowledging that both Duncan and Kawhi are worthy selections - despite age in the former and despite the quantity of games played in the latter)...

hater
01-19-2015, 03:58 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/assets/141230153143-belinelli-3pt-contest-all-star-2014.home-t1.jpg

get well soon Ferrari :cry

BillMc
01-19-2015, 04:09 PM
The NBA re-structured All-Star Weekend to include a week of rest for everyone in the league... so a one-weekend showing wouldn't necessarily fatigue participants.

With the Spurs being so far down the rankings the real question is if any Spurs will actually be selected... in years' past a token Spurs' player was selected by the coaches due to the team's contention at the top of the league. I wouldn't be surprised if no Spurs player is selected this year [especially in a stacked Western Conference] (obviously acknowledging that both Duncan and Kawhi are worthy selections - despite age in the former and despite the quantity of games played in the latter)...

Well said. Kawhi and Duncan could make it, but I hope they don't. Timmy especially needs the rest. Yes, it's only one weekend, but you still have to fly there and back, rather they stay home. Danny or Marco (as defending champ) may also get an invite to the 3point contest.

All NBA selections at the end of the season are similar. Kawhi or Duncan may get in. (Leonard has more time to make up the games before that vote). Usually we have such a great record there has to be a Spur represented, but that's not a sure thing now.

dabom
01-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Well said. Kawhi and Duncan could make it, but I hope they don't. Timmy especially needs the rest. Yes, it's only one weekend, but you still have to fly there and back, rather they stay home. Danny or Marco (as defending champ) may also get an invite to the 3point contest.

All NBA selections at the end of the season are similar. Kawhi or Duncan may get in. (Leonard has more time to make up the games before that vote). Usually we have such a great record there has to be a Spur represented, but that's not a sure thing now.

I hope kawhi does. He needs to get that superstar treatment from the refs.

dabom
01-19-2015, 04:12 PM

I hope kawhi does. He needs to get that superstar treatment from the refs. and his legs are good. Needs more game time actually.

cd98
01-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Kawhi not likely to make it due to missing so many games with injuries. I hope Duncan gets voted and then declines or plays only three minutes. Not so much for his legacy, but more to rip on the sad status of big men in the NBA where a near 40 year old is an all star.

tmtcsc
01-19-2015, 05:01 PM
Patty looks like he'd be pretty good in a 3pt shooting contest, tbh. Green looks like he needs someone to feed him the ball to be effective.

He uses his legs too much imo, and jumps forward on his shot sometimes. I'm not sure that's good for a timed shooting contest. That being said, I think he's the best shooter on the team - even better than Danny. He just plays less minutes.

pgardn
01-19-2015, 07:17 PM
The NBA can't pick Bonner.
The guy would always be a legit threat to win the thing; what fun would that be...

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2015, 10:16 PM
:lol NBA they would pick someone like Matthews or Meeks before they even consider green. :lol