PDA

View Full Version : Is MLK beloved in the Deep South?

DMX7
01-19-2015, 02:05 PM
I don't live or plan to go to the truly Deep South (i.e., Mississippi, Bama, etc.), but what are their thoughts on him (MLK)?

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2015, 02:09 PM
I don't live or plan to go to the truly Deep South (i.e., Mississippi, Bama, etc.), but what are their thoughts on him (MLK)?

they don't use computers there so, you're going to have to find a different polling method. they also would never have likely read his "I Have a Dream" speech...much less understand...

DMX7
01-19-2015, 02:14 PM
It's so sad to think that he died at just age 39. That seems so young relative to his body of work on civil rights issues.

I wonder if most people know why his name was changed from Michael to Martin Luther.

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2015, 02:59 PM
It's so sad to think that he died at just age 39. That seems so young relative to his body of work on civil rights issues.

I wonder if most people know why his name was changed from Michael to Martin Luther.

It is sad that he was not able to continue on. And equally sad that someone would kill him or have him killed because of his beliefs. He had the mind and charisma to help unite the nation. Unfortunately he and other key individuals were gone before they could finish their work.

Have no idea about the name change. If you polled people today, they'd probably say because of that comedy show.

Infinite_limit
01-19-2015, 03:58 PM
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/mlk_zpsaa81b96f.png

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2015, 05:11 PM
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/mlk_zpsaa81b96f.png

she besmirched him because he wouldn't give her the black d

Silver&Black
01-19-2015, 07:42 PM

Just wondering....where do you live?

DJR210
01-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Guess the race:

We're unloading the kids from the car, and our bags and stroller from the trunk in the parking lot at Brackenridge Park/Zoo..

Every parking space is full, and people are looking for parking. A car pulls out, and a vehicle drives up to take the newly opened space. He makes several attempts to squeeze into the space, but finally realizes that he is unable to make the angle due to an SUV full of an unspecified race pulled over in a non-parking area eating (what looked to be an unspecified fried food). The attempt to take this space must have taken about 2 minutes, and was in clear view of the blocking vehicles rear view and side mirrors.

The driver of the vehicle trying to park honks his horn one time quickly, and is signalling that he is trying to park in the space. The passenger of unspecified race in the vehicle blocking the space immediately gets agitated over the audacity of this driver honking his horn to access the only parking space in the lot, and opens her door and starts to gather her daughter from the backseat. She is very animated at this point, and is clearly overheard saying "this (unspecified slur going back hundreds of years) here wanna start acting (sic) ignorant, don't make me go to the trunk". She gets out of the blocking vehicle and it finally moves so the other vehicle can park. The former passenger continues to loudly mock the other driver and make additional comments to her daughter regarding how "out of line" he was as she started to get the child into the vehicle (which had Drivetime stickers on the bumper) parked nearby.

What race is the inconsiderate driver? Why is this race, more often than not, unable to understand courtesy towards other people? Also, is it really necessary to comment about "going to the trunk" with kids in both vehicles, at a place full of families and children over something this petty?

Infinite_limit
01-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Guess the race:

We're unloading the kids from the car, and our bags and stroller from the trunk in the parking lot at Brackenridge Park/Zoo..

Every parking space is full, and people are looking for parking. A car pulls out, and a vehicle drives up to take the newly opened space. He makes several attempts to squeeze into the space, but finally realizes that he is unable to make the angle due to an SUV full of an unspecified race pulled over in a non-parking area eating (what looked to be an unspecified fried food). The attempt to take this space must have taken about 2 minutes, and was in clear view of the blocking vehicles rear view and side mirrors.

The driver of the vehicle trying to park honks his horn one time quickly, and is signalling that he is trying to park in the space. The passenger of unspecified race in the vehicle blocking the space immediately gets agitated over the audacity of this driver honking his horn to access the only parking space in the lot, and opens her door and starts to gather her daughter from the backseat. She is very animated at this point, and is clearly overheard saying "this (unspecified slur going back hundreds of years) here wanna start acting (sic) ignorant, don't make me go to the trunk". She gets out of the blocking vehicle and it finally moves so the other vehicle can park. The former passenger continues to loudly mock the other driver and make additional comments to her daughter regarding how "out of line" he was as she started to get the child into the vehicle (which had Drivetime stickers on the bumper) parked nearby.

What race is the inconsiderate driver? Why is this race, more often than not, unable to understand courtesy towards other people? Also, is it really necessary to comment about "going to the trunk" with kids in both vehicles, at a place full of families and children over something this petty?
IMO culture. They associate with scum so are constantly back stabbing each other. It's also a byproduct of listening to Rap

Silver&Black
01-19-2015, 10:10 PM
Guess the race:

:monkey ?

Infinite_limit
01-19-2015, 10:43 PM
if MLK were alive today he would hate blacks

DMX7
01-19-2015, 10:59 PM
Just wondering....where do you live?

Texas. Why? We love MLK these days.

Silver&Black
01-19-2015, 11:37 PM
Texas. Why? We love MLK these days.

Just wondering....tbh. Call me curious....

DJR210
01-19-2015, 11:39 PM
:monkey ?

No, the monkeys we saw were actually a little more civilized than this honestly.

Silver&Black
01-19-2015, 11:45 PM
No, the monkeys we saw were actually a little more civilized than this honestly.

White people?

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h368/blueskool9/DSP%20GIFs/kkk_zps3adm4w4q.gif

DJR210
01-19-2015, 11:53 PM
White people?

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h368/blueskool9/DSP%20GIFs/kkk_zps3adm4w4q.gif

Never did I say anyone acted with the utmost of class.

Silver&Black
01-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Never did I say anyone acted with the utmost of class.

http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/m/mexico-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif?

Ignignokt
01-20-2015, 10:34 AM
she besmirched him because he wouldn't give her the black d

cuckfag plz go

DisAsTerBot
01-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Guess the race:

You're mexican!!!

did i win?!?!?

Aztecfan03
01-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Guess the race:

Ot really could be any race, but considering the unable to understand courtesy towards other people part, I would have to guess hispanic.

Silver&Black
01-22-2015, 11:04 PM
DJR210

So what's the answer to the guess the race question?

DJR210
01-23-2015, 12:31 AM
The world may never know..