PDA

View Full Version : NBA: How likely is a GSW/ Hawks NBA Finals series?

RsxPiimp
01-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Both teams are undeniably playing one of the best and most unselfish basketball in the league. They're not padding their records against lightweights too with both scoring and defending in the Top 10 levels.

Well coached, roster depth, balance attacks, elite defensive presence and a strong leader on the sidelines. The standards they set are usually reserved for championship contending teams.

Do you see any of the lower seed teams upsetting them in the playoffs?

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 05:49 PM
Hawks can win the east as they showed through their latest stretch man handhandling the wiz bulls raptors. They have also beaten cleveland twice. If GS meets the Spurs, okc they are toast.

Robz4000
01-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Hawks can win the East if they avoid Detroit/Chicago until the ECF, and seeing as Washington matches up well with either there's there's a decent chance match ups will fall their way. In the West the Dubs have just too many bad match ups and they rely on an injury-prone Center to be a real contender, so I just don't see them making it past the WCF.

StrengthAndHonor
01-19-2015, 06:22 PM
Hawks can win the East if they avoid Detroit/Chicago until the ECF, and seeing as Washington matches up well with either there's there's a decent chance match ups will fall their way. In the West the Dubs have just too many bad match ups and they rely on an injury-prone Center to be a real contender, so I just don't see them making it past the WCF.

I thought ATL is 2-0 against Detroit so far? Don't think they're a threat.

Clipper Nation
01-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Not likely. Spurs are winning the West.

Malik Hairston
01-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Hawks don't really have any competition in the East, tbh..the Bulls are the only other realistic choice, but they have the declining Rose/Noah cancers bringing them down IMO..the Wizards/Raptors are the definition of pretenders, the Pistons aren't actually a notable team, etc..the Cavs are obviously a wildcard, but they're extremely flawed..

Warriors are gonna have to potentially go through OKC in round 1, Memphis or Dallas in round 2, and the Spurs in round 3..in addition to a rookie coach never winning a championship in NBA history(IIRC) and the Bogut factor..

StrengthAndHonor
01-19-2015, 06:26 PM
I think PED version of Lebron is good enough to will the Cavs to a victory against the Hawks other than them I honestly don't see anyone else beating Atlanta. Thibs is rumored to be losing his locker room and Noah is not 100%, Chicago is probably out early in the second round.

I'm not a huge fan of Golden State. Obviously Kerr is doing wonderful things in Golden State but teams like the Spurs or OKC can outclass them in the playoffs. There's just something about the Warriors offense that screams "choke" come playoff time. I don't want to go into details now, but will when I have ample time.

Robz4000
01-19-2015, 06:30 PM
I thought ATL is 2-0 against Detroit so far? Don't think they're a threat.

They were both close games (today's game was up for grabs until late in the fourth). Detroit has a pretty good coach, an elite frontline, and athletes. If they can control the paint and rebounds it'll keep them on any game.

Venti Quattro
01-19-2015, 06:38 PM
It's funny though, GSW are doing the the right things as Atlanta is doing and they are still not considered as championship level just because they are a direct rival of the Spurs. They're playing defense, they're sharing the ball, they're winning games and we're coming up with things like "oh my God they're not gonna make it anywhere; they're relying on an injury-prone center". While on the other hand, just because a former Spurs coach is coaching the Hawks, people are going "omg they're going to the finals", "class" and "Spurs East!!!"... Not saying GSW are going all the way but the way the Dubs are being constantly being put down makes me want to puke.

Robz4000
01-19-2015, 06:40 PM
It's funny though, GSW is doing the the right things as Atlanta is doing and they are still not considered as championship level just because they are a direct rival of the Spurs.

While on the other hand, just because a former Spurs coach is coaching the Hawks, people are going "omg they're going to the finals", "class" and "Spurs East!!!"

You don't think that last bit has anything to do with the fact Atlanta is playing with the exact style that won the Spurs a championship last year?...

Venti Quattro
01-19-2015, 06:42 PM
You don't think that last bit has anything to do with the fact Atlanta is playing with the exact style that won the Spurs a championship last year?...

Sharing the ball and hitting the three is a Spurs exclusive now? I watched how the Spurs decimated the Heat last year and I see the same with how the Hawks and the Warriors are playing this season so far.

Robz4000
01-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Sharing the ball and hitting the three is a Spurs exclusive now? I watched how the Spurs decimated the Heat last year and I see the same with how the Hawks and the Warriors are playing this season so far.

The Hawks are playing with the "good to great" philosophy while not one player is separated as the alpha on the team. Meanwhile in Golden State its clearly the Curry and Thompson show. Shut down those two and the Dubs are fucked, while shutting down Teague and Horford in Atlanta just means Korver or Millsap take over.

hater
01-19-2015, 06:49 PM
ZERO likelihood

Venti Quattro
01-19-2015, 06:49 PM
The Hawks are playing with the "good to great" philosophy while not one player is separated as the alpha on the team. Meanwhile in Golden State its clearly the Curry and Thompson show. Shut down those two and the Dubs are fucked, while shutting down Teague and Horford in Atlanta just means Korver or Millsap take over.

Beg to disagree. I believe that people like Speights, Iggy, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green and their bench could help in the days wherein Steph and Klay are off or heavily guarded. Just because the two are the main attractions of the team doesn't mean that the rest of their supporting cast are patsies. The same goes for Atlanta. Shut down one or two players and another one will pick up the slack.

Nathan89
01-19-2015, 06:50 PM
Only team that stands a chance vs gsw is the spurs. Gsw make Ibaka useless by playing small on offense and he is unable to punish them in the post. Okc just had fluke win vs gsw but they can't maintain that performance in a 7 gm series.

Atlanta has a good chance of getting beat. Their talent isn't overwhelming so a few teams can give them a run for their money.

Hoops Czar
01-19-2015, 06:53 PM

Spurs rely on an injury prone SF and PG to be a contender so I'm thinking that's not really a good excuse.

Malik Hairston
I agree that the only teams that could beat Golden State are the Spurs(match up perfectly) and I think Memphis could beat them, too..if Bogut is out, though, then anybody in the West can beat them(using the Bogut "if" works, in this case, as he's one of the most injury prone big men in recent history)..

I don't think the difference between the 2 teams is the connection to the Spurs, the difference is that one of them plays in the East, where the only other "expected" contenders have chemistry and on-court issues(Bulls and Cavs)..

Hoops Czar
Beg to disagree. I believe that people like Speights, Iggy, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green and their bench could help in the days wherein Steph and Klay are off or heavily guarded. Just because the two are the main attractions of the team doesn't mean that the rest of their supporting cast are patsies. The same goes for Atlanta. Shut down one or two players and another one will pick up the slack.

Some Spurs fans are still stuck in 2013.

Robz4000
01-19-2015, 06:55 PM

Iggy to an extent can, but he's overrated especially at this stage of his career. The rest of those players rely on Curry and Thompson to generate open looks for them. I wanna see how Livingston looks before I completely write them off, but the vast majority of their personnel are spot up shooters/slashers/defenders.

I'll put it this way:
Atlanta = 2014 Spurs
Dubs = 2013 Spurs

Hoops Czar
01-19-2015, 06:56 PM
I agree that the only teams that could beat Golden State are the Spurs(match up perfectly) and I think Memphis could beat them, too..if Bogut is out, though, then anybody in the West can beat them(using the Bogut "if" works, in this case, as he's one of the most injury prone big men in recent history)..

I don't think the difference between the 2 teams is the connection to the Spurs, the difference is that one of them plays in the East, where the only other "expected" contenders have chemistry and on-court issues(Bulls and Cavs)..

You said the GSW weren't contenders. Now, you're saying the only team that could beat them is the Spurs? You're making it sound like the Warriors should be the favorites.

LkrFan
01-19-2015, 07:00 PM
Not likely. Spurs are winning the West.
¿Garantizan espalda con espalda para sus Spurs? :wow

Splits
01-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Dubs have yet to go through any adversity, and they're not going to win the 69 games they're on pace to win. Let's see how they react when they go on a losing streak or losing a key cog for a period of time before crowning them WC champs...

Malik Hairston
01-19-2015, 07:06 PM
You said the GSW weren't contenders. Now, you're saying the only team that could beat them is the Spurs? You're making it sound like the Warriors should be the favorites.

I didn't think they were contenders during the off-season and during the first half of November, I have to give them respect now, though..preseason predictions are largely meaningless, a lot changes during the season, I can't ignore the level they're currently playing at and their style of play with Kerr..

They aren't contenders without Bogut, though, who has only played in 48% of the available games in the past 4-5 years IIRC..their best player is a PG, too, which hasn't led to a championship in over 20 years of NBA basketball..

A healthy Spurs team is the only real contender in the West, realistically, but they can't seem to stay healthy..

Nathan89
01-19-2015, 07:06 PM
Warriors aren't a two man team. That no weak links really on the offensive end. At the same time they great team defense. Even on the individual level they don't have Tony Parker and Marco level defenders playing big minutes.

Malik Hairston
01-19-2015, 07:08 PM
Warriors aren't a two man team. That no weak links really on the offensive end. At the same time they great team defense. Even on the individual level they don't have Tony Parker and Marco level defenders playing big minutes.

Their team defense is extremely reliant on 2 players, tbh, one of them being Bogut..

ElNono
01-19-2015, 07:13 PM
I wanna see how the Warriors look when they can't control the pace/tempo of the game.... can they win games when they score 90, 95 pts?

Nathan89
01-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Best player being a pg isn't that meaningful on a team that stacked. He's not taking a max contract which would be the major negative of the best player being a pg. While they have some bad contract they have overcome that with a bunch high value low contract players green, Barnes, Speight, etc. Big difference from cp3 who gets paid double and has a team with a ton of weaknesses.

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Atlanta is more of a lock because they play in the east and have already beaten the top seed east teams. GS got beat by Spurs and Okc, and they play in the west.

Hoops Czar
01-19-2015, 07:21 PM
I wanna see how the Warriors look when they can't control the pace/tempo of the game.... can they win games when they score 90, 95 pts?

5-0

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 07:22 PM
Best player being a pg isn't that meaningful on a team that stacked. He's not taking a max contract which would be the major negative of the best player being a pg. While they have some bad contract they have overcome that with a bunch high value low contract players green, Barnes, Speight, etc. Big difference from cp3 who gets paid double and has a team with a ton of weaknesses.
The 2013 spurs team was also stacked

Malik Hairston
01-19-2015, 07:26 PM

The Warriors talent is pretty overrated, tbh..

They have a lot of good players(although their #2 guy is a massive playoff choker) but they're still extremely reliant on Curry..he has been arguably the best PG in the NBA and he's playing at a peak that has been reached by very few PGs in the history of the league..guys like Harrison Barnes and Iguodala aren't even close to being good enough to negate Curry having a sub-par playoff series..

Curry is just playing at a historic level, this season..

I do think it's possible that he could do what Paul/Nash/Rose/Westbrook/Parker/Stockton/Payton/Kidd, etc were never able to do..

Mr Bones
I love this NBA season... The top two seeds in the West are nervously eyeing the 7th and 10th seeds, the Pistons are in position to make the playoffs after starting 5-23, and the Atlanta Hawks-- the 8th seed last year-- are the consensus best team in the East. That's a nice shake up.

StrengthAndHonor
They were both close games (today's game was up for grabs until late in the fourth). Detroit has a pretty good coach, an elite frontline, and athletes. If they can control the paint and rebounds it'll keep them on any game.

I'll give SVG the benefit of the doubt but personally, my take is any team that relies on Brandon Jennings to provide perimter prodcution is doomed to fail. It's no coincidence Pistons' recent success is tied with Jennings' unlikely high efficiency. Without his usual production, it would be an easy 5 game series for ATL,

ElNono
01-19-2015, 07:27 PM
5-0

?????

right now they're 2-3 when they score 95 or less against West playoff teams...

Silver&Black
01-19-2015, 07:40 PM
:flypig

FkLA
01-19-2015, 07:43 PM
:lmao thinking anybody in the West can take out the Spurs

DAF86
01-19-2015, 07:44 PM
10 years from now people will be talking about the 2014 Spurs as the team that changed the NBA, tbh.

Hoops Czar
01-19-2015, 07:50 PM
?????

right now they're 2-3 when they score 95 or less against West playoff teams...

?!? You didn't clarify vs. western conference teams. But in most of the games your describing, the Warriors just missed shots (Pho, Memphis, Clippers). They've proven they can play at the opposition's pace and still come out victorious even if they eclipsed the 95 point threshold on late 4th quarter free throws (Houston, Dallas etc.).

Mr Bones
01-19-2015, 07:53 PM
10 years from now people will be talking about the 2014 Spurs as the team that changed the NBA, tbh.

:toast

ElNono
01-19-2015, 07:58 PM
?!? You didn't clarify vs. western conference teams. But in most of the games your describing, the Warriors just missed shots (Pho, Memphis, Clippers). They've proven they can play at the opposition's pace and still come out victorious even if they eclipsed the 95 point threshold on late 4th quarter free throws (Houston, Dallas etc.).

Didn't think I needed to, that's who they're going to play against when things matter. I've always said playoffs games are a different beast. Pace slows down considerably, there's little margin to chuck up a storm, doubt creeps in... Now, granted, I only see two teams in the West that can control the pace, that's the Spurs and Memphis... but if OKC happens to make it, I also think they could beat them at their own game.

It's still premature though. Lots of teams peak early, then either don't know how to deal with success or can't rise to the occasion when the pressure is on. Some teams have been there, done that. But this Warriors team is not supposed to be an underdog anymore, so we'll see how they handle that.

Brunodf
01-19-2015, 08:19 PM
If GSW dodges Spurs/Grizzlies/Clippers or face them injured i think GSW can make it tbh

LkrFan
01-19-2015, 08:19 PM

Who's good enough to lock them down for 7 games like det?

100%duncan
01-19-2015, 08:21 PM

Please predict that it's not the spurs, please :lol

Venti Quattro
01-19-2015, 08:23 PM
If GSW dodges Spurs/Grizzlies/Clippers or face them injured i think GSW can make it tbh

:lol Clippers

They'd have problems with the Grizzlies and Spurs but with HCA, I don't see why they can't beat any of the two teams.

ElNono
01-19-2015, 08:26 PM

Now, granted, I only see two teams in the West that can control the pace, that's the Spurs and Memphis

Likely only have to do it for 4 games though...

ElNono
01-19-2015, 08:27 PM
Actually, add Dallas to that list... playoffs Carslile is pretty good, plus Dallas currently has a more potent offense than Golden State...

Brunodf
01-19-2015, 08:29 PM
:lol Clippers

They'd have problems with the Grizzlies and Spurs but with HCA, I don't see why they can't beat any of the two teams.
GSW is a good matchup for the Clippers...

StrengthAndHonor
01-19-2015, 08:31 PM
In theory the Hawks are just too good of a team to lose to anyone in the East and if they meet the Warriors, they should also have no problem dismantling them.

LkrFan
01-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Likely only have to do it for 4 games though...

Agreed. Don't really trust jump shooting teams. Every once in a while you get burned. 2011 Mavs come to mind. It still hurts. :cry

Budkin
01-19-2015, 08:38 PM
0%

BatManu20
01-19-2015, 08:59 PM
Dubs
Mavs
Spurs
Thunder

Only teams in the West that have a chance to go all the way. All depends on health and match-ups.

In the East, it's between Atlanta, Chicago, and Cleveland. That's it. Wiz aren't there yet.

ezau
01-19-2015, 10:23 PM
GSW reminds me of the 2011 Spurs. They're just one bad matchup away from getting eliminated.

Venti Quattro
01-19-2015, 10:33 PM
GSW reminds me of the 2011 Spurs. They're just one bad matchup away from getting eliminated.

:lol nobody really saw that until they collectively pissed on their pants in the first round against Memphis.

Everyone here was like "We're going to win the championship!", "LOL Lakers", "4>1 rings faggot" and "Spurs=class" when they were beating the shit out of opponents in the regular season.

Splits
01-19-2015, 11:05 PM
:lol nobody really saw that until they collectively pissed on their pants in the first round against Memphis.

Everyone here was like "We're going to win the championship!", "LOL Lakers", "4>1 rings faggot" and "Spurs=class" when they were beating the shit out of opponents in the regular season.

And then 2014 happened

:wakeup

Clipper Nation
01-19-2015, 11:09 PM

:lol We're getting swept by literally anyone other than maybe the Rockets or Guests in the first round, doubt GSW is too concerned. They're a fraud team though with a good chance of being knocked out by OKC.

Brunodf
01-19-2015, 11:41 PM
:lol We're getting swept by literally anyone other than maybe the Rockets or Guests in the first round, doubt GSW is too concerned. They're a fraud team though with a good chance of being knocked out by OKC.
Come on, why are you so negative, the Clippers still have plenty of potential...

Venti Quattro
01-19-2015, 11:46 PM
Come on, why are you so negative, the Clippers still have plenty of potential...

Tom's nepotism will kill the Clippers

Clipper Nation
01-19-2015, 11:52 PM

:lol Auscrub Rivers is literally getting minutes on this team... I rest my case.

Brunodf
01-20-2015, 12:02 AM
:lol Auscrub Rivers is literally getting minutes on this team... I rest my case.
Its first half of the regular season... You don't know if the rotation will stay the same until the playoffs...

Maybe the Clippers will make a run after the All star break, there is no reason to panic right now...

scanry
01-20-2015, 12:05 AM

Not really. Half of them (Spurs fans) were pissed at RC for giving Dick that contract and the other half wanted Parker traded as George Hill was coming up the ranks.

Moreover the Spurs were horrible on defense and the fans knew the Spurs would stumble in the playoffs. BTW it was 4>0 rings faggot back then.

ezau
01-20-2015, 01:33 AM

I guess the noobs at that time were really confident about the Spurs' chances, but not me. Remember, Spurs were relying on Manu on offense while having Richard Jefferson, Dejuan Blair, and the corpse of Mcdyess.

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2015, 01:38 AM

Ceiling is WCF. We've done so many roster changes. Same results every year.

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 01:40 AM
Ceiling is WCF. We've done so many roster changes. Same results every year.

WCF is really high... 1st round imo.

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2015, 01:41 AM
WCF is really high... 1st round imo.
:lol Well, ideally we're hoping that's the floor...

ezau
01-20-2015, 01:46 AM
Clippers can reach the WCF as long as they don't meet the Spurs/OKC.

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2015, 01:50 AM
Clippers can reach the WCF as long as they don't meet the Spurs/OKC.
Not concerned with OKC, Spurs? absolutely. GSW has our number too.

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 01:53 AM
Clippers have actually matched up well with OKC in the past, and if not for the Paul choke, they would have definitely won that series.

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2015, 02:00 AM
Clippers have actually matched up well with OKC in the past, and if not for the Paul choke, they would have definitely won that series.
That was a heartbreaker...thought we had that one in the bag.

pookenstein
01-20-2015, 07:14 AM
..their best player is a PG, too, which hasn't led to a championship in over 20 years of NBA basketball..

What about the 04 Pistons? Billups was their best Player, right?

But I'm with you concerning PG led Teams winning champioships. 2004 maybe is the exception to the rule.

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 07:33 AM
What about the 04 Pistons? Billups was their best Player, right?

But I'm with you concerning PG led Teams winning champioships. 2004 maybe is the exception to the rule.

There was no head and shoulders alpha on that team imho. Although if forced to choose one I'd say Sheed or Chauncey for sure.

pookenstein
01-20-2015, 07:45 AM
There was no head and shoulders alpha on that team imho. Although if forced to choose one I'd say Sheed or Chauncey for sure.

I think Billups was the all around player on that team. But I get what you're saying. It was more of a team effort, opposed to a one man show.

Mal
01-20-2015, 08:08 AM
Both teams are undeniably playing one of the best and most unselfish basketball in the league. They're not padding their records against lightweights too with both scoring and defending in the Top 10 levels.

Well coached, roster depth, balance attacks, elite defensive presence and a strong leader on the sidelines. The standards they set are usually reserved for championship contending teams.

Do you see any of the lower seed teams upsetting them in the playoffs?

Both teams were playoffs teams, who replaced black coach with white and didnt make any significant roster addition. More, both new coaches had crossed their basketball path with Greg Popovich.

DMC
01-20-2015, 08:23 AM
It could happen. As long as Kobe doesn't ring, that is.

Clipper Nation
01-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Unfortunately, the choker is still on the team, so the outcome would probably be the same this year.

ambchang
01-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Really surprised with the Hawks this year, I thought their ceiling was ECF, and I really like Al Horford and coach Bud. I always thought that they are a gimmicky team that relies too heavily on three point shooting, and doesn't have enough penetration, but Teague, Horford and Millsap has really made the offense chugging along, not to mention Korver just opening the court up for everyone while not being a total defensive liability.

Chicago was my pick for the East, but they seemed to be reeling lately, and the Hawks seem to have their number. Washington and Toronto are posers, and neither are teams that should go past the 2nd round, if they can even get past the first round. The Cavs are an enigma. I wasn't sold on them due to their defensive issues, but they seem to have more problems than that. They still have a chance at a hot streak if they put everything in place though, and can still make the Finals.

As for the West, I'd still pick the Spurs and OKC as the favourites (if they make the playoffs). GSW is talented, and can make it all the way, but a lot of things have to go right for them (injuries, matchups, shooters not going cold, etc ...). Houston's got terrible coaching and have major weaknesses on the bench and at PG, Blazers and Clippers are pretenders, I still like Memphis but they just aren't a championship team, Dallas just doesn't have the defense for a title team, and the Suns are as gimmick as they come

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 09:05 AM
The amazing thing with the Hawks and this is why the are so convincing to choose over anyone in the East right now, is that they have beaten/dominated the other top seeded Eastern teams. Such a new taste to the league.

Spurs9
01-20-2015, 09:46 AM
GSW rely too much on Curry/Thompson chunking up shots they shoot to look flashy than win it in the long haul. All it takes is a bad matchup and they will crumble tbh. Its much better to hit a adversity of a bad streak during the season so you know how to respond to that later. GSW have basically just been coasting, and probably expect themselves to make it to the finals. 2011 Spurs were coasting too until they hit the 1st ro:lolnd

lefty
01-20-2015, 09:50 AM
The Hawks are not going to win the East; forget it

The Warriors are not going to win the West.

So no, Dubs vs Spurs East is not happening.

Venti Quattro
01-20-2015, 11:29 AM
As for the West, I'd still pick the Spurs and OKC as the favourites (if they make the playoffs). GSW is talented, and can make it all the way, but a lot of things have to go right for them (injuries, matchups, shooters not going cold, etc ...).

Basically the Warriors have the same potential problems with OKC and the Spurs.

OKC: Talented, but relies heavily on KD/RWB's health
SA: Favorites, but their season depends on how Kawhi's health is
GSW: Oh they have this and that issues, dependent on a center whose health is questionable etc etc.

That double standard :lmao :lol :lol

bdubya
01-20-2015, 12:34 PM

Score was close, but really ATL looked like the big kid on the playground holding the little kid at bay with a hand on his forehead. And if Drummond doesn't get his FT shit together, he'll be a non-factor in 4th quarters.

ambchang
01-20-2015, 12:50 PM

GSW: Oh they have this and that issues, dependent on a center whose health is questionable etc etc.

Problem with GSW is that any of Curry, Thompson, or Bogut getting hurt will submarine their chances, and Bogut gets hurt a LOT.

KD, RWB, and Kawhi, though hurt a few times lately, had generally come through during playoffs, can't say the same for Bogut.

RsxPiimp
01-20-2015, 01:18 PM

tbh....:lol

lefty
01-20-2015, 01:27 PM
Problem with GSW is that any of Curry, Thompson, or Bogut getting hurt will submarine their chances, and Bogut gets hurt a LOT.

KD, RWB, and Kawhi, though hurt a few times lately, had generally come through during playoffs, can't say the same for Bogut.
Exactly

SnakeBoy
01-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Cleveland will win the east. I don't like it but it's going to happen.

tlongII
01-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Some Spurs fans are still stuck in 2013.

No kidding. They better wake up to the fact that they will be unlikely to have HCA in any round of the playoffs. I think they'll be out after the 1st round imo.

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2015, 03:45 PM
Cleveland will win the east. I don't like it but it's going to happen.
They have so many holes right now. Like I said, unless we see the PED version of Lebron, Atlanta can take them out in 6 games. This Cavs team need a 2008 version of James in order to advance.

Clipper Nation
01-20-2015, 07:25 PM

GSW is a point guard led team, so they're fucked. Spurs aren't, OKC isn't on paper but it depends on whether or not Durant is going to be a beta bitch again this year.

Jacob1983
01-20-2015, 08:12 PM
22 percent likely to happen if they both maintain their current pace.

DMC
01-20-2015, 11:39 PM
As soon as extended training camp ends, the cream shall rise to the top and we'll see.

poeticism707
01-21-2015, 02:26 AM
Only team that stands a chance vs gsw is the spurs. Gsw make Ibaka useless by playing small on offense and he is unable to punish them in the post. Okc just had fluke win vs gsw but they can't maintain that performance in a 7 gm series.

Atlanta has a good chance of getting beat. Their talent isn't overwhelming so a few teams can give them a run for their money.

RefKC can beat ANY team in the playoffs with enough freebies.

See 2012 WCF for Exhibit A.

daslicer
01-21-2015, 02:30 AM
If the spurs can't make it out of the west I have always dreamed of a finals that would have two small market teams for rating disaster. Portland vs Milwaukee would be a dream finals in that scenario but then again its not the same without Stern being in charge. Just to see Stern cry over that type of matchup would have been comedy. But seriously a GS-ATL finals would be anti-climatic there is no storyline or matchup you could sell to casual fans.

Jacob1983
01-21-2015, 02:44 AM
Douchebag casual NBA fans would not give a fuck about this Finals matchup. Ratings would be terrible.

RsxPiimp
01-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Douchebag casual NBA fans would not give a fuck about this Finals matchup. Ratings would be terrible.

Detroit-San Antonio all over again but I think this one could get better ratings. GSW is actually a pretty fun team to watch.

RsxPiimp
01-22-2015, 10:51 AM
There's just something about ATL tbh, I really think they'll win the East. Still on the fence about GS but if they can avoid SAS, they're automatically a favorite to win the West.

DMC
01-22-2015, 02:51 PM
That matters

StrengthAndHonor
01-24-2015, 12:40 AM
There's just something about ATL tbh, I really think they'll win the East. Still on the fence about GS but if they can avoid SAS, they're automatically a favorite to win the West.
If Klay and Curry activates GOD mode in the playoffs and Bogust stays healthy, then I can't see any defensive scheme stopping them. I want to retract my statement in this thread because they are looking like a championship team right now.

littleavery1948
01-24-2015, 01:39 AM
If Klay and Curry activates GOD mode in the playoffs and Bogust stays healthy, then I can't see any defensive scheme stopping them. I want to retract my statement in this thread because they are looking like a championship team right now.

Big ifs there. Teams like Golden State routinely light it up in the regular season (Sacramento, Dallas, Phoenix, etc). The trouble is, when teams decide to play defense, those offenses tend to shrink. If Klay can hit 13 shots in a row in every game (he has never done it before, and was guarded by a guy who was four inches shorter (and poorly guarded at that), and there was no change in defensive strategy), then they can make the finals. It's the NBA, players who get paid millions occasionally get hot. If they don't draw the Spurs, they could make it.

davethedope
01-24-2015, 03:55 AM
This year highly unlikely, there's just too much champ pedigree in the west, and if healthy, the bulls will die before they miss the finals this year

Meteoric teams are very rare in the NBA. Takes a few years battling to the conference finals usually, and neither team has been out of the first round in years.

Jacob1983
01-24-2015, 05:20 AM
The 2008 Celtics say hi.

Pelicans78
01-24-2015, 09:02 AM
I would definitely watch this series. Its always good for a league to have new fresh teams having a chance to win.

Legacy
01-24-2015, 10:57 AM
Not gonna happen, sorry. There are too many contenders with a shitload of playoff experience that are going to go into mega-beast mode after this regular season BS is over.

100%duncan
01-24-2015, 11:15 AM

If Spurs play like 2014 Spurs then NBA is fucked. If's if's if's. Hard game to play.

Legacy
01-24-2015, 11:24 AM
This year highly unlikely, there's just too much champ pedigree in the west, and if healthy, the bulls will die before they miss the finals this year

Meteoric teams are very rare in the NBA. Takes a few years battling to the conference finals usually, and neither team has been out of the first round in years.

Warriors were a 2nd round exit in 2013 against The Spurs. Not too long ago, imo...

unleashbaynes
01-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Detroit-San Antonio all over again but I think this one could get better ratings. GSW is actually a pretty fun team to watch.

golden st is actually pretty popular, i definitely admire the way they play.