PDA

View Full Version : NBA: TNT looking to replace Charles Barkley with Kobe Bryant...WTF?

Thebesteva
01-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Could you possibly find a more polar opposite to Charles Barkley than Kobe Bryant? Doubt Kobe even takes the offer but pretty sure anything Kobe touches post retirement will turn into shit much like his shitty energy drink. #Hydratedmamba

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/tnt-could-look-to-kobe-bryant-to-replace-charles-barkley-044527900.html

Silver&Black
01-20-2015, 12:17 AM
If Kirby makes the move to TNT....

Shaq will once again be carrying his ass.

ElNono
01-20-2015, 12:20 AM

:lol

daslicer
01-20-2015, 12:23 AM
That would be a terrible move by TNT. Charles does say crazy shit but he's also the reason why people watch inside the NBA and tune into the halftime shows. If you take Charles away there is no entertainment on TNT thus ratings go down the toilet. Kobe is very boring bland personality and would not be able to fill the void.

sook
01-20-2015, 12:33 AM

:lmao

or feeding him his ass

bulakenyo
01-20-2015, 12:43 AM
Take out Shaq. His jokes are mostly shit.

And you can feel the underlying tension in the air with him and Chuck.

UZER
01-20-2015, 12:49 AM
That would be a terrible move by TNT. Charles does say crazy shit but he's also the reason why people watch inside the NBA and tune into the halftime shows. If you take Charles away there is no entertainment on TNT thus ratings go down the toilet. Kobe is very boring bland personality and would not be able to fill the void.

Personally, Im over the TNT show. At one time it was serious basketball talk first, gags in spurts second which worked to perfection. But it's run it's course. Shaq has really brought down the show. His constant interrupting, talking over the other guys with unfunny jokes is pathetic. Plus, Ernie has turned into reverse Uncle Tom.

HI-FI
01-20-2015, 12:52 AM
This is would be a turrible move tbh. You can't replace one of the greatest truth bombers with one of biggest frauds in league history.

Agree with the above about shaq carrying him. But they are grabbing big names like shaq while they are better off with the c-Webb, Brent Barry types.

shaq can sometimes be funny or entertaining, but still has some annoying traits. He must say "ya know" a few times a sentence.

There have been reports Barkley wants to take a break or retire. Hopefully it's not because Shaq makes the job shittier and wants out.

Bynumite
01-20-2015, 12:54 AM
No ringless motherfuckers on the panel, sounds about right. Even Ernie must have more rings than Barkley.

But seriously, it's a good move if true. Both haters and fans would be all over the show to hear his takes tbh. I mean spurfan already over analyses and obsesses about every word that comes out of Kobe's mouth.

For fuck's sake, it's a spurs forum and currently there's an active thread about Kobe and his favorite type of soup. WTF :lol

Silver&Black
01-20-2015, 12:54 AM
This is would be a turrible move tbh.

What you did there....I see.

ElNono
01-20-2015, 12:55 AM
Shaq is already a bad fit, tbh.... they already had an ignorant/clown in Barkley, there was no need to have two...

Kirby would be awkward... it's well known he's an anti-social with no friends... the camera-time would probably work to feed his narcissism, but I doubt he has much to say at all...

Silver&Black
01-20-2015, 12:58 AM
TNT Job Security Power Rankings:

1. Chuck
2. Ernie
3. Shaq
4. The Jet

Chuck isn't going anywhere....Kenny should be the one watching over his shoulder tbh.

ElNono
01-20-2015, 01:00 AM
I'll take Kirbs over Reggie Miller tho

MolaMola790
01-20-2015, 01:03 AM
How about they get rid of Shaq and have the show the way it used to be? Or if they insist on getting Kobme then replace Shaq with him, but Sir Charles must stay.

Bynumite
01-20-2015, 01:03 AM
They should bring back Gary Payton imo.

sook
01-20-2015, 01:08 AM
Shaq is already a bad fit, tbh.... they already had an ignorant/clown in Barkley, there was no need to have two...

Kirby would be awkward... it's well known he's an anti-social with no friends... the camera-time would probably work to feed his narcissism, but I doubt he has much to say at all...

On a serious not, you're dead on with the last point. Whenever he has guest starred its always been uncomfortable.

RsxPiimp
01-20-2015, 01:09 AM
We've already seen Kobe with the crew, he's too well spoken for these cats tbh.

http://youtu.be/hjTm2Dl1bTo

sook
01-20-2015, 01:18 AM

least educated out of the bunch :lol

passive aggressive bitch texting :lol

RsxPiimp
01-20-2015, 01:31 AM
least educated out of the bunch :lol

passive aggressive bitch texting :lol

Speaking of texting

http://www.brothersonsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/underagejumpoff.jpg

:lol Rockets fan

sook
01-20-2015, 01:33 AM
Speaking of texting

you really going down this road? Rape allegations and having to jerk himself off? :lol Shaq's ass...Vanessa wearing the dick in the family...I could go on. Need better material gimp.

RsxPiimp
01-20-2015, 01:35 AM
you really going down this road? Rape allegations and having to jerk himself off? :lol Shaq's ass...Vanessa wearing the dick in the family...I could go on. Need better material gimp.
I don't give a fuck tbh, but this Pedo is yours :lol

http://entertainmentforbreakfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/IMG_5470.jpg

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 01:37 AM

:lmao

100%duncan
01-20-2015, 01:38 AM
Speaking of texting

what an ugly looking bitch tbh. need to be damn drunk to tap that

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2015, 01:39 AM
I don't give a fuck tbh, but this Pedo is yours :lol

http://entertainmentforbreakfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/IMG_5470.jpg

Spur-Addict
01-20-2015, 01:41 AM
Well, that would pretty much guarantee me not watching anymore.

mavsfan1000
01-20-2015, 04:40 AM
Kobe can be entertaining.Kobe Byrant's Post Game Meltdown: http://youtu.be/kQ3m5jQKLU8 :lmao

MI21
01-20-2015, 05:12 AM
Kobe might have some interesting thoughts to add about 37.2% of the time, tbh

JohnnyMax
01-20-2015, 06:05 AM
Kobe would force his opinions on others even if they said no

rmt
01-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Return to the old trio of Chuck, Ernie and the Jet - there's nothing that beats them for chemistry - sometimes their show was better than the actual game. Get rid of Shaq who can be annoying at times. Who wants to hear what that narcissistic Kobe has to say? Not me. Chemistry killer - on and off the court.

ambchang
01-20-2015, 09:35 AM

:lol Kobe sounding exactly like Jordan
:lol Mannerisms that is exactly like Jordan
:lol talking about playing defense against the Suns as some sort of reason for not scoring as if those things are mutually exclusive! Look, I am not scoring Suns, so please don't score on the other end!

~O~
01-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Could you possibly find a more polar opposite to Charles Barkley than Kobe Bryant? Doubt Kobe even takes the offer but pretty sure anything Kobe touches post retirement will turn into shit much like his shitty energy drink. #Hydratedmamba

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/tnt-could-look-to-kobe-bryant-to-replace-charles-barkley-044527900.html

Fuck that shit. Charles deserves that position. Kobe isn't much of a personality. He's not even close to being a great tv personality. Its not going to sit well with the fans.

lefty
01-20-2015, 09:45 AM
lol Ernie is gonna lose his job because Kobe is gonna call all the shots :lol

Then he will run Shaq out of town :lol

Then we'll be left with Kobe and Kenny :lol

Now I can see Kenny trolling Kobe

hater
01-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Kobe as announcer would be the most refreshing thing since Cronuts IMO

he would take it serously and would make these lazy SOB current announcers shit their pants :tu

do it mitch

lefty
01-20-2015, 10:01 AM
lol Smush Parker is gonna get shredded to pieces every week

D-Wade
01-20-2015, 10:31 AM

Kob could have a good legal career. That argument was nonsense, but it was more persuasive than anyone else on the panel. He already has experience in the courtroom, too.

unleashbaynes
01-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Speaking of texting

You've no room, you begged him to stay :lmao

endrity
01-21-2015, 05:50 AM
Kobe could be a very good game analyst. But Inside the NBA is like an institution which Kobe should not come close to touching. Especially now that Shaq seems to have developed a good chemistry with the rest of them.

RsxPiimp
01-21-2015, 09:14 AM
Kobe would bore the shit out of everyone, just like Grant Hill. No one watches TNT's halftime show for basketball takes.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-21-2015, 09:46 AM
Well that's fucking stupid

Killakobe81
01-21-2015, 09:50 AM

shaq sucks. Outside shaqtin the fool and shittin' on Dwight what else does he bring? I think Kobe wouldnt be good at this at all. He is an interesting interview but I just cant see him carrying a show. Without Chuck the show is doomed anyways. Chuck and Kenny get along really well and Ernie keeps it together. Shaq is just comic relief but he is only funny in rare cases.

Killakobe81
01-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Kobe would bore the shit out of everyone, just like Grant Hill. No one watches TNT's halftime show for basketball takes.

I agree. TNT post Chuck sounds horrible tbh. The TNT/NBA roster needs to excise: Hill, Dennis Scott, Rich Kamla (sucks and corny), Reggie Miller. Limit Shaq to NBATV. Rick Fox is ok but kinda dull Greg anthony and CWebb are solid.

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2015, 09:54 AM
Kobe could be a very good game analyst. But Inside the NBA is like an institution which Kobe should not come close to touching. Especially now that Shaq seems to have developed a good chemistry with the rest of them.

Exactly. Regardless of it being Kobe, he's an intelligent guy and played a lot of ball at the highest level. Would certainly have some good insights during a game. But he would screw up the halftime show mix. From what I've seen, he doesn't have a great sense of humor or at least one that translates to TV. I'd like to see Jeff Van Gundy added to that group tbh.

RsxPiimp
01-21-2015, 09:59 AM
I agree. TNT post Chuck sounds horrible tbh. The TNT/NBA roster needs to excise: Hill, Dennis Scott, Rich Kamla (sucks and corny), Reggie Miller. Limit Shaq to NBATV. Rick Fox is ok but kinda dull Greg anthony and CWebb are solid.

CWebb is pretty good I agree. If TNT wants more entertainment, they should put GP back on air though.:lol

Killakobe81
01-21-2015, 09:59 AM

Mehh. I havent enjoyed Shaq on there tbh. It has gotten better. but I think shaq Dscott (who I dont like) have better chemistry on NBATV when Shaq does their stuff.

Killakobe81
01-21-2015, 10:00 AM
CWebb is pretty good I agree. If TNT wants more entertainment, they should put GP back on air though.:lol

yes. x100!!!
He and Kenny went at it ...great stuff!

Killakobe81
01-21-2015, 10:00 AM
Exactly. Regardless of it being Kobe, he's an intelligent guy and played a lot of ball at the highest level. Would certainly have some good insights during a game. But he would screw up the halftime show mix. From what I've seen, he doesn't have a great sense of humor or at least one that translates to TV. I'd like to see Jeff Van Gundy added to that group tbh.

That actually makes sense but personally I think JVG tries too hard to be funny.

RsxPiimp
01-21-2015, 10:07 AM
yes. x100!!!
He and Kenny went at it ...great stuff!

http://youtu.be/dVfhFEK6LXc

Killakobe81
01-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Personally, Im over the TNT show. At one time it was serious basketball talk first, gags in spurts second which worked to perfection. But it's run it's course. Shaq has really brought down the show. His constant interrupting, talking over the other guys with unfunny jokes is pathetic. Plus, Ernie has turned into reverse Uncle Tom.

This. Glad Im not the only that has noticed and adding Kobe but losing Chuck sounds horrible. Adding Kobe to Chuck w/Shaq also sounds horrible but in a good way.

Killakobe81
01-21-2015, 10:32 AM
LOL Kenny saying GP stole one like he carried the Rox ...when I got there it was a dream when I left it was a reality. Kenny really thinks he is hot shit.

Mori Chu
01-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Kobe might have some interesting thoughts to add about 37.2% of the time, tbh

:bobo

AlexJones
01-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Malik Hairston

baseline bum
01-21-2015, 01:58 PM
This is would be a turrible move tbh. You can't replace one of the greatest truth bombers with one of biggest frauds in league history.

Agree with the above about shaq carrying him. But they are grabbing big names like shaq while they are better off with the c-Webb, Brent Barry types.

shaq can sometimes be funny or entertaining, but still has some annoying traits. He must say "ya know" a few times a sentence.

There have been reports Barkley wants to take a break or retire. Hopefully it's not because Shaq makes the job shittier and wants out.

Barkley retiring. :lmao

Dude makes like $5 million a year and has a bad gambling habit to support. No way he walks.

baseline bum
01-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Fuck Kobe, bring back Tim Hardaway.

Killakobe81
01-21-2015, 03:26 PM
Fuck Kobe, bring back Tim Hardaway.

He wasnt that good either, tbh.

baseline bum
01-21-2015, 03:46 PM
He wasnt that good either, tbh.

He was the worst I have ever seen. Shit was hilarious, it was the pro version of Boom Goes the Dynamite.

Venti Quattro
01-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Kobe and Shaq disagreeing on the TNT set = ratings

pgardn
01-21-2015, 03:53 PM
Shaq sitting on Kobe would be entertaining.
For one show.

Sean Cagney
01-21-2015, 03:55 PM

Replacing Chuck would not be a wise move I agree at all, Kobe could be a fill in here or there but full time? That show would lose alot of it's steam IMO. Kobe is bland like you said. Keep the trio they have now, it works.

Killakobe81
01-22-2015, 08:50 AM
He was the worst I have ever seen. Shit was hilarious, it was the pro version of Boom Goes the Dynamite.

Oh, ok thought you were serious. TBh, the lack of quality (former pros) guys doing games is pathetic. The NFL seems to have much better bench depth the NFL network guys and NFL Live guys are much better than 75% of ESPn/TNT/NBATV roster ...

For some reason the NBA guys try to hard to be funny. I hate that corny shit. Funny comes natural to Chuck and EJ and even sometimes Kenny. Shaq is actually hilarious (in real life) but he comes off buffoonish on TNT imho.

DMC
01-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Kobe would bring the show back to talking about basketball. If it got Shaq off the air, I'm all for it. Shaq cannot talk basketball, but Kobe can. TNT needs a halftime show that talks about basketball. I got no problem with him outside of the game, but he's a cancer to his team at this stage in his career, at least on a competition level. For revenue, he's a golden egg laying goose.

Bynumite
02-18-2015, 01:29 PM
No ringless motherfuckers on the panel, sounds about right. Even Ernie must have more rings than Barkley.

But seriously, it's a good move if true. Both haters and fans would be all over the show to hear his takes tbh. I mean spurfan already over analyses and obsesses about every word that comes out of Kobe's mouth.

For fuck's sake, it's a spurs forum and currently there's an active thread about Kobe and his favorite type of soup. WTF :lol

I was dead on with this comment. Just look at the amount of threads about Kobe currently on the front page that originated from a single interview :lol

Spurfans trying to fool themselves and calling this a bad move like they wouldn't check TNT every week to hear Kobe's thoughts and make a million threads about it :lol