PDA

View Full Version : Spurs offense goes into high gear when Tony Parker plays well

JohnnyMax
01-20-2015, 01:49 AM
When Parker has a bad game. It turns into grind it out defensive types of games.

When Parker has a good game. It becomes high scoring games that can turn into blowouts.

01-20-2015, 03:18 AM
We go as far as MVParker carries us :toast

hater
01-20-2015, 08:08 AM

Nuke tbh

Johnny RIngo
01-20-2015, 08:12 AM
Parker only had four good games in the playoffs last year and Spurs still dominated their opponents. Blew out the Blazers without him in game 5. Beat OKC in Oklahoma for the first time in forever with TP sitting out game 6.

look_at_g_shred
01-20-2015, 08:27 AM
No? Really?

hater
01-20-2015, 09:25 AM
Parker only had four good games in the playoffs last year and Spurs still dominated their opponents. Blew out the Blazers without him in game 5. Beat OKC in Oklahoma for the first time in forever with TP sitting out game 6.

McFAIL

Parker averaged 50% shooting along with 5 dimes throughout. That is enough for this team to win it all.

MVParker does what the team needs. :tu

Diego20
01-20-2015, 11:39 AM
McFAIL

Parker averaged 50% shooting along with 5 dimes throughout. That is enough for this team to win it all.

MVParker does what the team needs. :tu

9-36 FG <-- 25% FG last 2 games of the 2013 finals, yeah, he does good when we need him...

:lmao:lmao

I wonder why you never quote what I say about TP :cry

hyhy
01-20-2015, 11:53 AM
When Kobe has a bad game. It turns into grind it out defensive types of games.

When Kobe has a good game. It becomes high scoring games that can turn into blowouts.

Replace Kobe/Parker with any ball-hogger high usage player/

FkLA
01-20-2015, 11:56 AM
:lol This is such a desperate thread by the Enrique fanboys. You can say the same about anyone...the offense is in another gear when Green/Patty hit their shots, when Timmy's post game is on, when Manu is orchestrating, when Kawhi is dominating, etc etc.

Actually those probably have bigger impacts since they're usually done within the flow of the offense. Enrique is usually a ball stopper when he's scoring tbh.

TheGreatYacht
01-20-2015, 12:20 PM

KL2
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
:lol This is such a desperate thread by the Enrique fanboys. You can say the same about anyone...the offense is in another gear when Green/Patty hit their shots, when Timmy's post game is on, when Manu is orchestrating, when Kawhi is dominating, etc etc.

Actually those probably have bigger impacts since they're usually done within the flow of the offense. Enrique is usually a ball stopper when he's scoring tbh.

z0sa
01-20-2015, 01:00 PM
I start to respond to these threads but I cant keep up with everyones fucked up nicknames for our players

Perry Mason
01-20-2015, 03:07 PM
This refutes all the haters.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/9/29/6840717/a-portrait-of-tony-parker

in2deep
01-20-2015, 03:12 PM
"Parker is fifth all-time among all point guards in post-season assists, behindMagic (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/orlando-magic) Johnson, John Stockton, Jason Kidd (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21554/jason-kidd) and Nash. He leads all point guards in NBA history in playoff scoring and is 12th all-time overall. "

wow. didn't know that

r0drig0lac
01-20-2015, 03:24 PM
"Parker is fifth all-time among all point guards in post-season assists, behindMagic (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/orlando-magic) Johnson, John Stockton, Jason Kidd (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21554/jason-kidd) and Nash. He leads all point guards in NBA history in playoff scoring and is 12th all-time overall. "

wow. didn't know that
top 10 pg all time

in2deep
01-20-2015, 03:27 PM
top 10 pg all time

agree. amazing that we can still watch live a top PF, top 10 PG and top 20 SG in the same team :wow we are lucky

SnakeBoy
01-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Best pg in the league tbh

dabom
01-20-2015, 04:06 PM
Remember when pop was shopping around tp. Lol

Mikeanaro
01-20-2015, 04:10 PM

testies
01-20-2015, 05:14 PM
parker got benched in 2 finals, got shopped around and they even invent injuries so we can pretend hes not playing becaue of that

most disrespected 'star' in the league :lol

thank fuck hes irrelevant now

Diego20
01-20-2015, 05:30 PM

wow. didn't know that

Only fifth all time in post season assists? Steve Nash 120 playoff games, 1061 assists. Enrique 173 playoff games (53 more games than STEVE NASH) and he has 1034 assists (less assists with 53 MORE GAMES).

Stop Enrique fan boys..

Malik Hairston
01-20-2015, 06:02 PM
I have literally never seen a Parker fanboy defend him by using quantifiable proof, tbh:lol..

monkeypunk
01-20-2015, 06:24 PM
Only fifth all time in post season assists? Steve Nash 120 playoff games, 1061 assists. Enrique 173 playoff games (53 more games than STEVE NASH) and he has 1034 assists (less assists with 53 MORE GAMES).

Stop Enrique fan boys..

I'm not an Enrique lover but its not really fair to compare TP to one of the best assist men to ever play the game. Nash was a virtuoso in his time, tbh.

dabom
01-20-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm not an Enrique lover but its not really fair to compare TP to one of the best assist men to ever play the game. Nash was a virtuoso in his time, tbh.

He wasn't the person the first person to compare them.

Diego20
01-20-2015, 06:37 PM

You can compare him with the top 4 because Enrique is top 5 right?

monkeypunk
01-20-2015, 07:53 PM
You can compare him with the top 4 because Enrique is top 5 right?

I would say he is top 15 but only due to his success which isn't really because of him but the situation he lucked into. His lack of court vision will forever keep him out of the uppermost echelon.

SnakeBoy
01-20-2015, 08:02 PM

Also a perennial loser in his time, tbh

pgardn
01-20-2015, 08:25 PM
When Parker and Manu make good decisions, we are very hard to beat.
Simply because they are the primary threats with the ball, especially in the half court.

Leonard has interjected himself into the transition game with his D, long rebound prowess, 50/50 ball advantage. The best athlete on the team is a threat with the ball in the open court now. It is great to see how much better he is on the dribble compared to his rookie and second season.

td4mvp21
01-20-2015, 08:29 PM
I start to respond to these threads but I cant keep up with everyones fucked up nicknames for our players

It took me forever to figure out who Evita was :lol

FkLA
01-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Also a perennial loser in his time, tbh

Im sure it had nothing to do with him being on the opposing side vs some guy named Tim Duncan. Nope, it's simply bc he was a loser and Enrique a winner. :lol

pgardn
01-20-2015, 08:51 PM

They are not close to the same type of PG and played/play with teams whose styles are very different.
Parker would have way more assists than he has currently playing that style. But he would not have been nearly as effective as Nash, as Nash had uncanny vision and was a really good 3 point shooter in almost any situation. Nash also palmed the ball as well as any PG ever.

hater
01-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Regardless of the stupidity coming from the Tp hating yellow short bus riders, let's really focus on this moment a bit more,

bPxEmxKf0Dc

I agree with the article writer. that was Jordanesque. Too bad Pop and Evita crashed the bus :cry

we could be talking about MVParker 2 time Finals MVP. oh well ce la vie

hater
01-20-2015, 09:14 PM
"It's good Tony Parker ties the game! with 1:27 remaining!"

"tremendous defense by James. Incredible step back jumper by Tony Parker"

"stolen by Parker. Parker gets in the paint, stops, spins... shot is good!!! Parker back to back buckets and Spurs take the lead!!!!"

:wow amazing stuff.

Clipper Nation
01-20-2015, 09:30 PM

wow. didn't know that
:lol Assists are one of the most overrated stats in sports... when a point guard is racking up assists, it's almost always as a result of overwhelming ball dominance. Choke Paul gets lots of assists too, yet there's a reason his offenses always stagnate in the clutch come playoff time and he never wins shit.

TheGreatYacht
01-21-2015, 01:14 AM
Regardless of the stupidity coming from the Tp hating yellow short bus riders, let's really focus on this moment a bit more,

bPxEmxKf0Dc

I agree with the article writer. that was Jordanesque. Too bad Pop and Evita crashed the bus :cry

They always leave this part out for some reason, tbh :lmao

What a privilege to watch one of the best PG's in history be on our team :tu

TheGreatYacht
01-21-2015, 01:15 AM

wow. didn't know that
/thread :lol

Diego20
01-21-2015, 06:19 AM
I would say he is top 15 but only due to his success which isn't really because of him but the situation he lucked into. His lack of court vision will forever keep him out of the uppermost echelon.

I know, but he's top 5 because he played way too many games.

Diego20
01-21-2015, 06:22 AM

bPxEmxKf0Dc

Enrique didn't play the last 2 games of the 2013 finals, I would say he was Heat's MVP tbh. 9-36, 25% FG last two games :cry

:lmao

mkurts
01-21-2015, 07:21 AM

Because everybody else is irrelevant right ?

unleashbaynes
01-21-2015, 07:27 AM

bPxEmxKf0Dc

that shit was absolutely LEGENDARY by Tony. it's a fucking shame we didnt finish that.