PDA

View Full Version : SOTU 2015

boutons_deux
01-20-2015, 08:28 PM
http://www.nationalmemo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Joni-Ernst-sotu-1024x773.jpg

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2015, 08:36 PM
:lol

Boo is jealous that she has bigger balls than he does.

Robz4000
01-20-2015, 09:09 PM
LGTSS

>Repugnants

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Gotta hand it to Obama. He can give a hell of a campaign speech.

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2015, 09:44 PM
I think boehner not only had a few too many martinis but appears to be constipated as well.

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Interesting. Use of force against ISIL.

DPG21920
01-20-2015, 10:21 PM
So Obama had 6 years to do things he's talking about and now wants to do all that stuff in 2 years and pay for it how? He's an engaging speaker, but I'm not sure if he realizes how it comes off when you really analyze all he says.

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2015, 10:25 PM
He promises everything to everyone. He is a narcissist that wants to be loved by all. I honestly think he doesn't realize how disingenuous he sounds.

Th'Pusher
01-20-2015, 10:34 PM
So Obama had 6 years to do things he's talking about and now wants to do all that stuff in 2 years and pay for it how? He's an engaging speaker, but I'm not sure if he realizes how it comes off when you really analyze all he says.
His proposal to pay for it has been all over the news for the last few days. You may wanna stay up on current events before analyzing anything.

CosmicCowboy
01-20-2015, 10:36 PM
Uhhhhhh.

Joni Ernst. Five minutes. Shut up, quit talking about your fucking shoes. Oh shit. Keystone? Billions? Vomit. Fuck. Ok, tax simplification. Lol never fucking happen. Omg we are gonna confront terrorism? Crap. Lt col in Iowa national guard. What the fuck? Honor veterans? Ok cyber attacks. Check. Defend life? What the fuck? Crap. Dream big and hard work. Greatest nation the world has ever known. Thank god it's over. Fuck.

baseline bum
01-20-2015, 10:37 PM
People actually watch these things?

DPG21920
01-20-2015, 10:50 PM
His proposal to pay for it has been all over the news for the last few days. You may wanna stay up on current events before analyzing anything.

What?

Th'Pusher
01-20-2015, 10:55 PM
What?
Read a fuckin paper dude http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-to-propose-tax-hikes-on-investments-inherited-property-2015-01-18

DPG21920
01-20-2015, 10:59 PM
I think you are confused.

Th'Pusher
01-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Was the bolded above not a question of how Barry proposed to pay for all of the stuff he wants to cram into the last two years of his presidency?

Most people know none of this shit is going to pass with a republican congress. He's simply framing the debate.

DPG21920
01-20-2015, 11:07 PM
That was kind of my point. What's the point of making all these bold claims when everyone seems to know he has no real way of paying for it based on his proposals both past and present.

Th'Pusher
01-20-2015, 11:10 PM
That was kind of my point. What's the point of making all these bold claims when everyone seems to know he has no real way of paying for it based on his proposals both past and present.

Awe fuck...ELI5 - Now the republicans have to come out and explain why they don't want any of this shit and make their own proposals to address the issues facing the middle class.

DPG21920
01-20-2015, 11:52 PM
You are equating my comment with a lack of knowledge about his previous proposals on the same subject. My point was that it was much of the same - politics that sound good, but nothing getting accomplished. Going round in circles, making big promises while knowing you can't deliver.

ElNono
01-20-2015, 11:58 PM
You are equating my comment with a lack of knowledge about his previous proposals on the same subject. My point was that it was much of the same - politics that sound good, but nothing getting accomplished. Going round in circles, making big promises while knowing you can't deliver.

Ofcourse he knows he can't deliver, what he's doing is putting the other party on the spot: "Hey, I wanted to tax the evil 1% more to help the middle class, but these guys didn't want to". Believe it or not, some people will obviate the fact that the 1% got extremely more rich during his administration and buy right into it. He basically just did his party a solid for 2016.

Obviously, what this means for the common american is the good ole nothing getting done for another two years.

DarrinS
01-21-2015, 12:03 AM

ElNono
01-21-2015, 12:04 AM
Is it worth reading the transcript? I was watching the game.

baseline bum
01-21-2015, 12:14 AM
Is it worth reading the transcript? I was watching the game.

Is anything Obama says worth noting? I might watch the speech when that faggot leaves office.

ElNono
01-21-2015, 12:17 AM
Is anything Obama says worth noting? I might watch the speech when that faggot leaves office.

yeah, that was a silly question, tbh...

Splits
01-21-2015, 12:58 AM
Obviously, what this means for the common american is the good ole nothing getting done for another two years.

Right, because there was so much potential for "getting things done" if only Obummer would have veered to the right in the SOTU speech.

I thought it was on target, claim success where it is obviously due, blame the knuckledraggers for the things that should be done but they prevent.

hehateme
01-21-2015, 01:13 AM
I gave up on these speeches long ago, its just a bash party for those in power at the time to call out the other side. One side stands up and claps every 2min and the other side sits there like a deaf/mute Japanese crowd. Our political leaders are a bunch of lemmings leading us to the cliff regardless of what side is at the head.

ElNono
01-21-2015, 01:16 AM
Right, because there was so much potential for "getting things done" if only Obummer would have veered to the right in the SOTU speech.

I thought it was on target, claim success where it is obviously due, blame the knuckledraggers for the things that should be done but they prevent.

What he said/didn't say doesn't matter. It's clear these guys don't talk to each other and have no intention to do so. In the meantime, the constituents keep waiting.

Splits
01-21-2015, 01:19 AM
What he said/didn't say doesn't matter. It's clear these guys don't talk to each other and have no intention to do so. In the meantime, the constituents keep waiting.

Yes, because there is a post-partisan American dream centralism that is just waiting to be unleashed, if only we could have a :cry leader who could bring us together :cry

ElNono
01-21-2015, 01:26 AM
Yes, because there is a post-partisan American dream centralism that is just waiting to be unleashed, if only we could have a :cry leader who could bring us together :cry

Well, *some* shit got done the last time there was a Dem prez and a GOP Congress. I don't think anybody is looking for "the great uniter", but at least sit down and try to compromise on some stuff.

baseline bum
01-21-2015, 03:59 AM
Well, *some* shit got done the last time there was a Dem prez and a GOP Congress. I don't think anybody is looking for "the great uniter", but at least sit down and try to compromise on some stuff.

By *some shit* getting done last time you mean Clinton and Greenspan planting the seeds for the 2008 collapse with their hands-off libertarian economics? Fuck Clinton, I can't believe centrists and libs prop that faggot up like he was something good for our country. Fuck his cunt wife too and this piece of shit 2016 election that promises to drop to even lower lows than Obama vs Romney. It'll probably be a worse decision to make than Bush vs Gore was.

boutons_deux
01-21-2015, 06:07 AM
So Obama had 6 years to do things he's talking about and now wants to do all that stuff in 2 years and pay for it how?

bullshit. Except for ACA, the Repugs have blocked EVERYTHING for 6 years, and will block EVERYTHING the next two years.

m>s
01-21-2015, 10:48 AM
I heard apparently he went full marxist and started talking about making the "classes" more equal. That guy is such a piece of shit.

boutons_deux
01-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Republicans Post Edited Version Of State Of The Union, Censor Facts On Climate Change (http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/01/21/3613732/you-cant-handle-the-truth/)

The official website for House Republicans has posted on YouTube a doctored version of President Obama’s State of the Union address which cuts out comments where the President was critical of Republican rhetoric on climate change, ThinkProgress has learned.

In the website’s “enhanced webcast (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwYnAt-kWA&t=43m24s)” of the State of the Union speech, President Obama’s comments criticizing Republicans for saying they are “not scientists” when it comes to climate change are erased.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/01/21/3613732/you-cant-handle-the-truth/

boutons_deux
01-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Hours After State Of The Union, Senate Targets National Parks (http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/01/21/3613649/senate-targets-national-parks/)

Just hours after President Obama’s State of the Union address highlighted (https://medium.com/@WhiteHouse/president-obamas-state-of-the-union-address-remarks-as-prepared-for-delivery-55f9825449b2) the effort to protect more public lands and waters than any other administration, the U.S. Senate is poised to vote on a controversial and unpopular proposal that aims to block the protection of new parks, monuments, and historic sites around the country.

Nebraska Senator Deb Fischer’s (R) proposal (https://www.americanprogress.org/press/release/2015/01/15/104581/release-cap-poll-finds-fossil-fuel-interests-dominate-agenda-of-new-congress-but-americans-favor-renewable-energy-environmental-protections/), which is being offered as an amendment (http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/230162-keystone-marathon-begins-in-senate) to a bill that would approve the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, would add additional paperwork and cost to every locally-driven conservation effort that requires federal designation or land purchase by a U.S. agency.

“This amendment’s clear aim is to slow and stop the protection of new parks in the U.S,” said Matt Lee-Ashley, a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress.

“But trying to tie red tape around everything from Civil War battlefields to local trails projects might be one of the most unpopular anti-environmental ideas the new Senate leadership could have possibly started with.”

A public opinion survey of more than 1,000 likely 2016 voters, released last week by the Center for American Progress, found that the idea of stopping the creation of new national parks and monuments is one of the most unpopular ideas (https://www.americanprogress.org/press/release/2015/01/15/104581/release-cap-poll-finds-fossil-fuel-interests-dominate-agenda-of-new-congress-but-americans-favor-renewable-energy-environmental-protections/) that the new Congress is considering, with nearly seven out of ten respondents expressing opposition.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/01/21/3613649/senate-targets-national-parks/

iow, Repugs continue to fuck Human-Americans while protecting/enriching/enabling Corporate-Americans.

Blizzardwizard
01-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Republicans Post Edited Version Of State Of The Union, Censor Facts On Climate Change (http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/01/21/3613732/you-cant-handle-the-truth/)

The official website for House Republicans has posted on YouTube a doctored version of President Obama’s State of the Union address which cuts out comments where the President was critical of Republican rhetoric on climate change, ThinkProgress has learned.

In the website’s “enhanced webcast (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwYnAt-kWA&t=43m24s)” of the State of the Union speech, President Obama’s comments criticizing Republicans for saying they are “not scientists” when it comes to climate change are erased.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/01/21/3613732/you-cant-handle-the-truth/

Republicans are scrambling after this one and have to resort to editing out cold hard facts :lol

TeyshaBlue
01-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Obama managed to edit out the new tax on 539 tuition savings plans which were tax free. No longer but hey,got to pay for 2 years of community college somehow.

boutons_deux
01-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Republicans are scrambling after this one and have to resort to editing out cold hard facts :lol

Repug/VRWC strategy is to deny the truths supported by others while spewing their own non-stop LIES and FUD. They depend 100% on "the stupidity of The American People"

ElNono
01-21-2015, 11:30 AM
By *some shit* getting done last time you mean Clinton and Greenspan planting the seeds for the 2008 collapse with their hands-off libertarian economics? Fuck Clinton, I can't believe centrists and libs prop that faggot up like he was something good for our country. Fuck his cunt wife too and this piece of shit 2016 election that promises to drop to even lower lows than Obama vs Romney. It'll probably be a worse decision to make than Bush vs Gore was.

Not everything they did was great, but at least they knew how to ride the dot-com bubble to a balanced budget, or even PRWORA. I'll take that now every time over the trickle down bullshit.

Agreed about the next election, it's gonna be absolutely terrible.

boutons_deux
01-21-2015, 03:17 PM
http://www.newyorker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Borowitz-Shocking-State-of-the-Union-Poll-690.jpg

In a poll taken on Tuesday night, a wide majority of Americans said that they now believe that they could be elected to the United States Senate.

The results reflected a renewed sense of the inclusiveness of the American political system, as those surveyed said that they believed that anyone could serve in the Senate regardless of intelligence, the ability to speak, or any other qualifications whatsoever.

While those responses indicated that, as of Tuesday night, at least, Americans were energized about the possibility of their future careers in Washington, other results were not so encouraging.

Nineteen per cent of those surveyed said that they could not respond to the poll questions because they were still in a state of shock, while fourteen per cent agreed with the statement “WTF???”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/poll-majority-americans-now-believe-senator?mbid=nl_012115_Borowitz&CNDID=&spMailingID=7439175&spUserID=MjczNzc0Njk0NDAS1&spJobID=602594100&spReportId=NjAyNTk0MTAwS0

boutons_deux
01-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Twitter Turns Obama's GOP Rebuke Into Awesome Meme
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/twitter-turns-obamas-gop-rebuke-awesome-meme?akid=12709.187590.QLcmNU&rd=1&src=newsletter1030648&t=5

twitter having great fun from Obama bitch slapping the Repug white assholes.

Nero5
01-21-2015, 04:47 PM
I heard apparently he went full marxist and started talking about making the "classes" more equal. That guy is such a piece of shit.

You know there is a delicious irony that a nazi try hard like you has a promotional music video as you sig showing one of the singularly most stupid decisions that Hitler and the Nazis made. In effect the decision that destroyed them. It's a lovely thing for you to have on so many levels!

anyway back to the topic. One thing republicans seem blind to is how Obama, for all of his faults, has rehabilitated the image of POTUS internationally. I mentioned this at a business breakfast conference a few weeks back to a visiting American businessman and his reply was that the usa did not need the world to like them. This was potentially indicative of one of the problems with tea party repugs, of which he was a member, the desire to 'win' and get rid of Obama has blinded them to the world in which they live. After all it is a curious thing to travel around the world to do business and then say you don't need the world!

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2015, 04:56 PM
has rehabilitated the image of POTUS internationally

I'm not sure rehabilitated is an accurate word choice.

More like redefined...

boutons_deux
01-21-2015, 05:10 PM

More like redefined...

America still polls planet wide as the primary source of war and instability.

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2015, 05:15 PM

So? It's usually better to be feared than to be laughed at.

boutons_deux
01-21-2015, 05:20 PM
So? It's usually better to be feared than to be laughed at.

yep, better to be Sparta than Athens, right, go fuck up the planet so countries are afraid of USA, think we are war-loving, war-mongering, brutal, murderous country.

Nero5
01-21-2015, 05:58 PM

More like redefined...

No as a foreigner who travels I'd definitely stick with rehabilitated. Particularly after bush and Chaney et al.

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2015, 06:10 PM
No as a foreigner who travels I'd definitely stick with rehabilitated. Particularly after bush and Chaney et al.

Considering you used the derogatory term repug in your OP your opinion is clearly prejudiced and your observations subjectively tainted.

Nero5
01-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Lol! Of course, a shorthand term used for convenience defines my political position or the worth of my observations. Clearly you are projecting a bit there, but it is a lovely insight all the same. There are many good repugs, as there are dems, sadly the tea party crackpots suck the oxygen from any rational debate and as always in the media this is the face of the party and debate that reaches the worldwide media.

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2015, 08:08 PM
In that case my apologies but Boutons has spittled out the repug shorthand so much it has almost become a signature of the looney left in here.

The Reckoning
01-21-2015, 08:29 PM
didn't watch lol

TeyshaBlue
01-21-2015, 08:37 PM
In that case my apologies but Boutons has spittled out the repug shorthand so much it has almost become a signature of the looney left in here.

lol @ almost

HI-FI
01-21-2015, 09:05 PM
didn't watch the dog and pony show, but sure these guys enjoyed it....
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080717022510/metalgear/images/5/5a/Tehpatriotszd3.jpg

pgardn
01-21-2015, 10:19 PM

There are moments.

The silence among the Republicans was deafening after Obama stated he would not be campaigning/running again, cheering ensued, and then he brought the hammer down concerning already winning 2 in a row.

I was quite a funny moment, the silence, staring at each other... whose fault was it the guy took 2 from us?

pgardn
01-21-2015, 10:23 PM

As well as the most economically stable and one of the most ideal democracies in theory.
And never mind the # of foreign aid workers outside our government makes all other countries pale in comparison.

boutons_deux
01-21-2015, 10:45 PM
America's economy is stable? :lol holy shit

ideal? America's democracy is a myth, long gone, sold, bought, and delivered a long time ago.

boutons_deux
01-21-2015, 10:55 PM
Sen. Joni Ernst’s family actually received more than $460,000 in federal subsidies

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/State-Senator-Joni-Ernst-800x430.jpg

Despite Sen. Joni Ernst’s (R-IA) rhetoric about growing up poor on Tuesday night, her family actually received hundreds of thousands of dollars in government aid between 1995 and 2009, the District Sentinel news co-op reported. (https://www.districtsentinel.com/despite-campaigning-pork-cutting-family-living-within-means-sen-ernsts-kin-took-460000-farm-subsidies/)

Farm subsidy records indicate that the freshman senator’s father, Richard Culver, has received $38,395 in commodity subsidies and conservation payments, with all but $12 of the money being used for support of his corn crops. Ernst’s uncle, Dallas Culver, has reportedly received $250,000 in federal corn subsidies and $117,141 in additional aid. And her paternal grandfather, Harold Culver, got an additional $57,479 in aid between 1995 and 2001.

Ernst did not mention her family’s use of federal programs during her response to the State of the Union. (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/full-text-joni-ernsts-republican-party-response-to-the-2015-state-of-the-union/) Instead, she said she was raised “simply” and taught to live within her means.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/sen-joni-ernsts-family-actually-received-more-than-460000-in-federal-subsidies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

pgardn
01-22-2015, 12:31 AM
America's economy is stable? :lol holy shit

ideal? America's democracy is a myth, long gone, sold, bought, and delivered a long time ago.

So where is the big run from the dollar?
Why does every country in the world buy US T bills?

You are just nuts if you think our economy is unstable compared to what else is out there.
Really nuts.

It really is time to fess up boots. Where do you keep your money? I'll bet you are a hypocrite. I'll bet your money is firmly entrenched in the US, which is why you have never ever come close to answering this question.

While you are at it: Why are Obama's ratings up? Answer: the economy

Infinite_limit
01-22-2015, 12:35 AM

You are just nuts if you think our economy is unstable compared to what else is out there.
Really nuts.

It really is time to fess up boots. Where do you keep your money? I'll bet you are a hypocrite. I'll bet your money is firmly entrenched in the US, which is why you have never ever come close to answering this question.
When you do otherwise, America funds extremist to overthrow your government and/or drops economic sanctions on your nation.

pgardn
01-22-2015, 12:38 AM
When you do otherwise, America funds extremist to overthrow your government and/or drops economic sanctions on your nation.

Like China, the largest foreign holder?

Infinite_limit
01-22-2015, 12:44 AM
Like China, the largest foreign holder?
If China pulled the plug tomorrow to spite the USA, Ferguson would erupt in every town in America.

Winehole23
01-22-2015, 02:01 AM
bullshit. Except for ACA, the Repugs have blocked EVERYTHING for 6 years, and will block EVERYTHING the next two years.why didn't Obama make any of these bold proposals to soak the 1% when he had Congressional majorities?

Obama was never serious about that. He isn't now.

boutons_deux
01-22-2015, 06:56 AM
why didn't Obama make any of these bold proposals to soak the 1% when he had Congressional majorities?

Obama was never serious about that. He isn't now.

He didn't propose to soak the 1%, now or ever, only a couple % to their ridiculously low tax rate.

Everybody knows the Repugs, in their "destroy govt so 1%/Big corps can continue to fuck the country more" strategy, will block raising any tax rates and closing loopholes.

Obama's speech was obviously political for 2016, lotsa of populism for The Human-American People.

btw, it's the 1% and BigCorp that are soaking, looting Human-Americans and the environment, while avoiding taxes with the loopholes they purchased and criminally evading taxes, with help from the Repugs who have cut IRS budget, the real IRS scandal, by many $100Ms.

boutons_deux
01-22-2015, 09:43 AM

Really nuts.

While you are at it: Why are Obama's ratings up? Answer: the economy

Unregulated capitalism and finance/banking has always, will always produce financial panics, depression, instability. We just had two in the last 15 years.

Obama's ratings are up because some of the economy is up. People think, emotionally, that the President is a divine right, invincible, infallible king controlling everything.

Comparing an economy to shit, the economy will always smell better, which is what you are doing.

boutons_deux
01-22-2015, 10:24 AM
Repug being REPUGnant

Steve King calls Dreamer guest of First Lady at SOTU 'a deportable' (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/21/1359264/-Steve-King-calls-Dreamer-guest-of-First-Lady-at-SOTU-a-deportable)

Iowa Congressman Steve King issued the opening salvo for his clown car conservative summit (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/13/1357374/-Steve-King-hosting-clown-car-presidential-summit-Christie-attending-Bush-takes-a-pass) this weekend, calling a Dream activist and guest of First Lady Michelle Obama "a deportable" in a tweet before the State of the Union address.

http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000053923250/d23ccc7ac888a338fbe4a2abdb52b495_normal.jpeg (https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/557673638066135045)#Obama perverts "prosecutorial discretion" by inviting a deportable to sit in place of honor at #SOTU w/1st Lady. I should sit with Alito.
— @SteveKingIA (http://twitter.com/SteveKingIA)

The guest was likely Ana Zamora, a student at Northwood University in Texas who was granted temporary deportation relief and work authorization through President Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program in 2012.The tweet, which inflamed Dream activists, sets the tone for the contingent of 2016 GOP presidential hopefuls who will descend on the Iowa Freedom Summit (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/13/1357374/-Steve-King-hosting-clown-car-presidential-summit-Christie-attending-Bush-takes-a-pass) this weekend with the intent of making a name for themselves.

In that respect, Rep. King is certainly leading the way. Hopefully, none of those candidates aspire to be anything more than a congressman who was reduced to seething about his seat at the State of the Union.

http://www.dailykos.com/?detail=action#

... and the rednecks, bubbas, xenophobes, racists, Iowa pig shit producers went wild!

TeyshaBlue
01-22-2015, 10:49 AM
And the ignorant rss felators went wild. :lol

boutons_deux
01-22-2015, 11:02 AM
And the ignorant rss felators went wild. :lol

TB :lol, posts nothing but stalking The Great Boutons

TeyshaBlue
01-22-2015, 11:12 AM
And boutons eschews reason again. :lol

Go see what your masters tell you to think.

MultiTroll
01-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Repug senator or somesuch respondent on NPR blathering about no need to cut the corporate tax, instead it's the "entitlement programs" that are causing the destruction of 'Murica.

:lol