PDA

View Full Version : Last night at the Spurs Nuggets game my kids met Pop...

ThaBigFundamental21
01-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Danny Green, and Bonner! Pop was as awesome and classy as you would expect. The way it happened was really a rare twist of fate. We were sitting in section 110 row 3. A random guy came up to us and offered us after game passes to meet some Spurs. "He was a friend of a Spurs coach, but had to leave early, but it would be cool for the kids." A little shocked we thanked him and accepted.

After the game we walked over to section 130 and waited about 20 minutes. Becky Hammon came out. No one really reacted. She seemed annoyed that no one seemed to care. I would have gladly took a pic with her but it's hard to know how approachable she is. Then Bonner, Pop and Green. We let them talk with friends and family. Then my little guys asked for pictures. They were happy to do so. Especially Pop and Bonner. Pop said "Sure get over you guys." You guys being good?" Smiling the whole time. Pop picked up my son, and put him on his lap and put his arm around my daughter. It was pretty special. He's as great a guy as you would expect.

Bonner was friendly, but didn't say much. He was chatting with an old high school friend. Did Bonner go to high school in Canada? Green chatted business with a group of dudes then took only a pic with my little guys, one other and said he was busy and had to get going.

All in all an awesome experience my family will always cherish.

Mel_13
01-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Danny Green, and Bonner! Pop was as awesome and classy as you would expect. The way it happened was really a rare twist of fate. We were sitting in section 110 row 3. A random guy came up to us and offered us after game passes to meet some Spurs. "He was a friend of a Spurs coach, but had to leave early, but it would be cool for the kids." A little shocked we thanked him and accepted.

After the game we walked over to section 130 and waited about 20 minutes. Becky Hammon came out. No one really reacted. She seemed annoyed that no one seemed to care. I would have gladly took a pic with her but it's hard to know how approachable she is. Then Bonner, Pop and Green. We let them talk with friends and family. Then my little guys asked for pictures. They were happy to do so. Especially Pop and Bonner. Pop said "Sure get over you guys." You guys being good?" Smiling the whole time. Pop picked up my son, and put him on his lap and put his arm around my daughter. It was pretty special. He's as great a guy as you would expect.

Bonner was friendly, but didn't say much. He was chatting with an old high school friend. Did Bonner go to high school in Canada? Green chatted business with a group of dudes then took only a pic with my little guys, one other and said he was busy and had to get going.

Nice story. Bonner is from New Hampshire, but his wife is Canadian. He applied for a Canadian passport in order to play for the Canadian National Team, but was rejected.

DJR210
01-21-2015, 02:46 PM
:lmao does anyone remember the thread where the idiot had the daughter with a broken arm, and said he would have "had words" with Kawhi because he blew off her request for an autograph in HEB? That shit needs a bump tbh.

hater
01-21-2015, 03:21 PM
Becky Hammon came out. No one really reacted. She seemed annoyed that no one seemed to care.

yup I know those facial expressions :pctoss

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/31/40/36/6686603/5/622x350.jpg

ElNono
01-21-2015, 03:38 PM

Great stuff. thanks for sharing and glad y'all had a good time :tu

ThaBigFundamental21
01-21-2015, 03:40 PM
yup I know those facial expressions :pctoss

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/31/40/36/6686603/5/622x350.jpg

She did this little wave. Like hi everyone, it's me. Then just look pissed. No one said a word. Like I said, my daughter would have been happy to get a pic but she didn't seem too approachable lol. Oh well.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-21-2015, 03:41 PM
:lmao does anyone remember the thread where the idiot had the daughter with a broken arm, and said he would have "had words" with Kawhi because he blew off her request for an autograph in HEB? That shit needs a bump tbh.

I do remember that lol. That wasn't too long ago.

Silver&Black
01-21-2015, 03:54 PM

:cry Kawhi turns down my daughter :cry

Which turned into 5 different "Kawhi turned down" threads....:lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240022&page=5&p=7622906&highlight=kawhi%20autograph#post7622906

DJR210
01-21-2015, 05:00 PM
:cry Kawhi turns down my daughter :cry

Which turned into 5 different "Kawhi turned down" threads....:lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240022&page=5&p=7622906&highlight=kawhi%20autograph#post7622906

:lmao :tu

tmtcsc
01-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Matt Bonner seems like a funny guy but he's about as dry and awkward as you can get when it comes to meeting kids. Just kind of a "duh" mentality. Ah well...Just hit 3's Matty.

T Park
01-21-2015, 06:50 PM
Not a surprise. When Jay howard was the PBP man there used to be a coaches show every week the team was in town and pop when he took over, did the show. After the show he would come to every table thank everyone for coming and talk briefly. Never turned down an autograph, never once was anything but approachable.

timtonymanu
01-21-2015, 07:34 PM
Pop signed a hat for me when I saw him in downtown Portland. :lol

I guess he really is that approachable.

milkyway21
01-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Pop signed a hat for me when I saw him in downtown Portland. :lol

I guess he really is that approachable.

Thanks God it was not Kawhi :lmao

100%duncan
01-21-2015, 08:04 PM

Nice story :tu

Sure Pop is a cool dude tbh it's just his schtick with the media

tmtcsc
01-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Nice story :tu

Sure Pop is a cool dude tbh it's just his schtick with the media

Absolutely true.