PDA

View Full Version : If Golden State gets matched up with OKC in the first round..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-22-2015, 08:35 AM
Who would you be pulling for?

testies
01-22-2015, 08:45 AM
much easier for us to beat gsw

Richie
01-22-2015, 08:47 AM
I'd just be happy to see one of them knocked out, both would give us a tough series.

urunobili
01-22-2015, 08:56 AM
Voted dem dubs. With that said, there is no way that OKC will be less than 4-5 seed tbh

Fireball
01-22-2015, 09:06 AM
That's tough ... I hate OK sooo much, but having home court advantage would be nice.

I chose the Warriors ... would love to watch the Spurs not only beat the #1 seed but also the medias new darling ...

Ice009
01-22-2015, 09:08 AM
Voted dem dubs. With that said, there is no way that OKC will be less than 4-5 seed tbh

If you expect OKC to be that high, where do you think the Spurs will finish?

hater
01-22-2015, 09:10 AM
I'd root for Warriors of course. but the OKC would be favorite to win.

I'd root for a brutal series with blood splattered all over the parque

Das Texan
01-22-2015, 09:14 AM
spurs play like the spurs are capable of playing and I really dont give a flying fuck who they play in any round.

hater
01-22-2015, 09:16 AM

LOL what. no way OKC can possibly do this.

best they can do is 6th or 7th seed. Dallas and Memphis are not going to lose much so they are pretty much set at 2, 3. Portland will due to injury so they will fall to 4th soon. HOU and SAS will probably fight it out for 5th

Seventyniner
01-22-2015, 09:26 AM
LOL what. no way OKC can possibly do this.

best they can do is 6th or 7th seed. Dallas and Memphis are not going to lose much so they are pretty much set at 2, 3. Portland will due to injury so they will fall to 4th soon. HOU and SAS will probably fight it out for 5th

Agreed that it's unlikely the Thunder get higher than #6. GS vs OC would be a 1/8 or 2/7 first-round series.

Who I'd pull for gets a bit complicated by HCA, because the Spurs would presumably have homecourt over OC but not against GS should the Spurs meet the winner of that series later. Still, I think the Spurs match up well enough with GS that I would prefer them.

SpursFan86
01-22-2015, 10:26 AM
Who do y'all think OKC is going to pass up aside from Phoenix? The top 6 seeds are all on pace for 54+ wins. We're on pace for 51 wins, and I'd imagine most people here expect us to do better than that assuming we can finally stay healthy.

Let's say OKC wins 30 of their remaining 40 games. That's the high-end of what they could do IMO...don't see them getting more than that. That'd put them at 52 wins. No way in hell that's enough for the 4th or 5th seed.

I think they finish up 7th at best tbh, unless one of the top 6 teams just completely collapses due to injury or something. Most likely situation is that they end up with the 8th seed like this topic presumes, which is great for us. OKC and GS are the only two teams who have a chance to beat us in a series. Them playing in the 1st round would be perfect.

As for the question at hand...it's a tough one. OKC might be a tougher match-up for us, but GS is the better team and they'd have HCA over us. I'm leaning towards wanting GS to win, but I don't think it's as easy as some people here might think. A lot of people here think GS is a fraud team that isn't actually a title contender, and I completely disagree with that notion. That, or they think that since we match up well with them, the chances of us losing are slim to none. OKC matched up well with us last year, and we still won.

Legacy
01-22-2015, 10:27 AM
The Spurs match up well with GS, and we're the only team that has won a playoff series (besides the Clips) against them (I don't care if that was 2013, Spurs and GS have gotten to know eachother very well since then). We're also the only team that has beat them on their own court this season. ... So obviously dem Dubs...

ginobilized
01-22-2015, 10:36 AM
I think OKC wins that series and there will be blood
So many storylines to unfold before then, though

Amuseddaysleeper
01-22-2015, 10:40 AM
I hope OKC misses the playoffs or get lose in 5 in the first round. One of the most unlikable teams of the past 20 years.

look_at_g_shred
01-22-2015, 11:02 AM
I want OKC to make the playoffs that way there is no excuses!

look_at_g_shred
01-22-2015, 11:03 AM
OKC will finish 6th

Dre_7
01-22-2015, 11:14 AM
Doesn't matter to me, I would just be happy to have them play eachother, knowing the Spurs would only have play one of those teams.

Legacy
01-22-2015, 11:22 AM
That's tough ... I hate OK sooo much, but having home court advantage would be nice.

I chose the Warriors ... would love to watch the Spurs not only beat the #1 seed but also the medias new darling ...

... And this, too, of course. :lol

BillMc
01-22-2015, 11:25 AM
There is a possibility that if both the Spurs and OKC get on a roll that we'd have to face them in the first round as either 2 vs 7 or 3 vs 6.

On the other hand, the Suns show no signs of going away, OKC may not even make the playoffs. West is wild this year.

ajh18
01-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Ironically, the standings today (especially if the Thunder were substituted for Phoenix at the 8 spot) might be almost ideal for the Spurs from a bracket perspective. GS/OKC and DAL/HOU on the same side of the bracket, with us left to deal with Portland and probably Memphis until the WCF? I'd take that in a heartbeat over the alternatives.

Nathan89
01-22-2015, 12:13 PM
I would go for Okc but I don't think they have a chance vs gsw.

GrandeDavid
01-22-2015, 12:40 PM
OKC would pound them. Golden State is a regular season wonder. Second round fodder at best.

Horse
01-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Anything is possible with the thunderefs even that game last night bullshit call after bullshit call it makes me sick these fucks owe it all to the zebras.

moisaenz
01-22-2015, 03:03 PM
It would be a good series... I can not see the thing winning getting out of that series without an injury.

wildbill2u
01-22-2015, 03:26 PM
Who would you be pulling for?

Man, this would be like watching your ex-wife in a fight with your current mother in law. You don't much care who wins as long as it lasts a long time and is sufficiently bloody.

Cry Havoc
01-22-2015, 04:02 PM

You do realize that to finish in the top 5, they would likely have to win 55+ games, which would mean going at LEAST 33-7 the rest of the way. Right?

timtonymanu
01-22-2015, 04:11 PM
Definitely going for the Dubs. OKC is still our scariest matchup even though a minority of posters will scoff at that.

Plus I would like to see the Warriors in a potential conference finals matchup so we can send home the media darlings.

buttsR4rebounding
01-22-2015, 04:17 PM
I want to see a Popp/Kerr WCF matchup and a Popp/Coach Budd Finals matchup. There would be so many stories about the Spurs influence in the league it will get old (maybe).

urunobili
01-22-2015, 06:00 PM
You do realize that to finish in the top 5, they would likely have to win 55+ games, which would mean going at LEAST 33-7 the rest of the way. Right?

The warriors are 34-6 so it's doable. Sorry if I sound delusional it's just an impression.

Budkin
01-22-2015, 07:06 PM
I want to knock out OKC again, so them.

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:39 PM
OKC is still the most difficult matchup for the Spurs, so easily cheering for the Warriors, although I strongly dislike both teams..

cd021
01-22-2015, 10:56 PM
I'd probably be pulling for OKC because GSW is the better team IMO.

The Thunder have a better roster than last season but at the same time there are new flaws. They are really small on the perimeter outside of KD and Roberson with Jackson (6'2) Waiter (6'4) and Morrow (6'5) that will hurt them in couple of series should they make it that far. Roberson is a terrible shooter Morrow is terrible defender. Adams is better than Perk but shoots almost exclusively in the paint and is a bad FT shooter. Teams can ignore both Roberson and Adams like they did Sef. & Perk.

Johnny RIngo
01-22-2015, 11:13 PM
99% of the time you choose the option that results in your team having homecourt advantage in any potential matchup. In this case, I'd rather avoid the Thunder. Matchup nightmare combined with the officiating advantage makes them a headache.

Nathan89
01-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Spurs don't want to face a team as efficient as gsw.

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 11:27 PM
Spurs struggle against athletic/long teams, not teams like the Warriors/Hawks, tbh..

spurs10
01-22-2015, 11:50 PM
Watching OKC lose would be wonderful!

hyhy
01-23-2015, 08:30 AM
How many people here that wants the warriors based on 2013 forgot that it was Mark Jackson that year and steve kerr this year, while OKC still has scott brooks?

james evans
01-23-2015, 12:59 PM
golden state, cuz the league doesn't cheat for any team in the league we play other than the thunder. I don't know if it was stern's last wish to Silver, but when we play the thunder, there are no less than 10 bullshit foul calls and at least 8 other bullshit calls that go in their favor. The only team in the league that we go thru this bullshit with. Now other team fans are starting to complain about the nonsense. The other night when they played the Wizards, Wizard fans online were complaining about the floppng and phantom fouls, but no one sees it when it's happening to us.

quentin_compson
01-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Easily the Warriors. For one, I don't like the Thunder and I'm okay with the Warriors. Plus OKC is still the more difficult matchup for the Spurs, I think, so them being eliminated would be nice for the Spurs' potential playoff success.

Yuixafun
01-23-2015, 09:19 PM

And watch Tim Duncan give Curry the same talk he gave to Lebron in 07

cjw
01-23-2015, 11:28 PM

Assuming two of Dallas, Clippers, Houston go .500 = 49 wins apiece. OKC would need to go 25-14 (52 win pace) to surpass them and surpass the Spurs too. Very, very unlikely they're higher than 7 by year's end.