PDA

View Full Version : family

RD2191
01-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Why do people who were never there act like they were the greatest thing in the world when their parents die? Don't drop by in 5 years and all of a sudden they "always took care of them". So fucking heated right now.

cantthinkofanything
01-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Why do people who were never there act like they were the greatest thing in the world when their parents die? Don't drop by in 5 years and all of a sudden they "always took care of them". So fucking heated right now.

wot

SnakeBoy
01-22-2015, 01:49 PM
Had a falling out with a sibling over exactly that years ago so I get what you're talking about.

RD2191
01-22-2015, 01:51 PM
wot
Aunt claiming she always took care of her mother (my grandmother) when I was the one who always took care of her and did the most for her when she got sick.

cantthinkofanything
01-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Aunt claiming she always took care of her mother (my grandmother) when I was the one who always took care of her and did the most for her when she got sick.

Anyone close to the situation should know that you took care of her. Unless your Aunt's lies are negatively affecting your life in a material way, you gotta let it go. Harboring resentment over a piece of shit is only bad for you. Easier said than done but something you need to shoot for.

RD2191
01-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Anyone close to the situation should know that you took care of her. Unless your Aunt's lies are negatively affecting your life in a material way, you gotta let it go. Harboring resentment over a piece of shit is only bad for you. Easier said than done but something you need to shoot for.
Thanks for the words. Very good point. It's just that she's a real piece of shit. Like you don't even know how big of a pice of shit. But it's all good. The people that matter know the truth.

cantthinkofanything
01-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the words. Very good point. It's just that she's a real piece of shit. Like you don't even know how big of a pice of shit. But it's all good. The people that matter know the truth.

At some point, the biggest pieces of shit will be the easiest to get over because they're just plain jokes as humans. But just distance yourself and keep them out of your life as much as possible. Grin and bear it when you have to do family stuff. Don't get mixed up in any petty "he said, she said" bullshit and don't go out of your way to talk about her behind her back. That's the shit she'll do and end up worse for it. Take the high road and all that.

Anyway...good luck.

RD2191
01-22-2015, 02:08 PM
At some point, the biggest pieces of shit will be the easiest to get over because they're just plain jokes as humans. But just distance yourself and keep them out of your life as much as possible. Grin and bear it when you have to do family stuff. Don't get mixed up in any petty "he said, she said" bullshit and don't go out of your way to talk about her behind her back. That's the shit she'll do and end up worse for it. Take the high road and all that.

Anyway...good luck.
Well since I've al ways been the better person I guess I will do that. Thanks for the words.

Koolaid_Man
01-22-2015, 02:11 PM

Sorry for your loss...good looking out for granny..celebrate her life don't mourn her death she's at the pearly gates right now. Also if she didn't have you in the will you're not legally bound to any cash..that's why the kids are coming back around...they want that srcrilla...be careful because they will kick your ass for it....

RD2191
01-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Sorry for your loss...good looking out for granny..celebrate her life don't mourn her death she's at the pearly gates right now. Also if she didn't have you in the will you're not legally bound to any cash..that's why the kids are coming back around...they want that srcrilla...be careful because they will kick your ass for it....
Thanks homie. And everything was in my name/left to me. Life insurance and all that mess. She's just been talking a bunch of bullshit but it is what it is.

Thread
01-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Thanks homie. And everything was in my name/left to me. Life insurance and all that mess. She's just been talking a bunch of bullshit but it is what it is.

How much cash, Rob? I like this part.

DJR210
01-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Why do people were never there act like they were the greatest thing in the world when their parents die? Don't drop by in 5 years and all of a sudden they "always took care of them". So fucking heated right now.

I feel you Rob..fucking family are usually the worst human beings you can be forced to deal with. Especially when a death is involved..

My GF just got word that her Grandma is losing it mentally, and is dying slowly. Her daughter, the one that takes advantage of her ( takes all of her checks, steals her belongings from her house and sells them, gets credit under her name and defaults on the loans) has the nerve to tell another family member that my girl along with a few others aren't invited to the funeral because we don't see her enough.. what a stupid ass bitch, who has a guest list to their Mom's funeral? That coward ain't gonna say a fucking word when we show up there either, she's full of shit.

And like your situation, all this is over whatever small amount of money being left behind we don't need anyway. Greed is a mother fucker tbh. Sorry for your loss.

100%duncan
01-22-2015, 08:06 PM

My condolences tbh. For your question, IDRK, may be it's just some people? Although it's really a tough time for yall fam so I don't think this thinking is right right now tbh?