PDA

View Full Version : smh at these old farts ignoring Kawhi

FkLA
01-22-2015, 10:07 PM
Got home late so only in the 3rd quarter right now but wtf are they doing. Timmy obviously cannot handle Pau/Gibson's length at this point in his career, Enrique can't blow past anybody, Manu's shot isn't falling...yet they f'ing give Kawhi 1 shot in the third quarter even though he's the one that kept the team in the game in the first half.

Oh and Enrique is arguably the worst defender in the league at the PG position. Set a couple of screens for his man and he'll be about 3 steps behind him once the play has ran it's course. It's not even trolling or hating to say Patty/Joseph are better options at this point.

FkLA
01-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Is it even worth watching the 4th quarter?

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Duncan was playing elite basketball for most of this season, but he has looked terrible lately..it's evident that the large load while Leonard/Parker were out has taken a toll on him..Pop really needs to sit him out more, he's so fucking slow right now..

Parker's style of play is really antiquated now, too..he's so slow and over-dribbles, and even when he does score, it's a mid-range jump shot in a slow-paced tempo..

loveforthegame
01-22-2015, 10:13 PM
He was on fire in that 2nd quarter. And only got 2 shots in the 3rd .They needed to get him in the post. Even if he missed a few he had the mismatch. It's frustrating that this is still happening.

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-22-2015, 10:15 PM
the duncan-enrique combination is so ugly to watch in 2015. :lol. i'll give duncan a pass though since he's still an overall efficient player and clearly needs time off, but what's enrique's excuse? is he about to sit out with another "injury"?

spurtech09
01-22-2015, 10:17 PM
the duncan-enrique combination is so ugly to watch in 2015. :lol. i'll give duncan a pass though since he's still an overall efficient player and clearly needs time off, but what's enrique's excuse? is he about to sit out with another "injury"?slow motion

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:20 PM
Duncan carried a massive load that no 39-year old should have to carry, tbh..Manu, as well..

Those niggas get passes from me, they earned some rest for a few weeks..

FkLA
01-22-2015, 10:22 PM
When was the last time Enrique took someone off the dribble? Not even a PG just anyone. Dude can't even get past bigs like Humphries or Mirovic. Even Manu can still take them with his long strides tbh.

BatManu20
01-22-2015, 10:22 PM
Duncan's played way more than he should have already this season. I think it's starting to show. Same with Manu, to an extent. I'd rather have a healthy Spurs ar the 7th seed come playoff time than an old, tired team with the 3rd or 4th seed.

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:23 PM
When was the last time Enrique took someone off the dribble? Not even a PG just anyone. Dude can't even get past bigs like Humphries or Mirovic. Even Manu can still take them with his long strides tbh.

That drive and hook shot he made over Rose in the 3rd quarter was so painful to watch, tbh:lol..he was moving in slow-motion..

apalisoc_9
01-22-2015, 10:23 PM
I'd give Timmy a pass, but it's ridiculous how the team in General Ignored Kawhi in the third....

Spur|n|Austin
01-22-2015, 10:24 PM
fucking enreeek

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Lol @ Manu getting a pass for carrying the team :lmao

He's having a statistically worse season than 2013

FkLA
01-22-2015, 10:25 PM
Duncan carried a massive load that no 39-year old should have to carry, tbh..Manu, as well..

Yeah, I called this ish when they were over excerting themselves so Enrique could nurse his sore asscheek. Not even blaming them for being worn out moreso their reluctance to get Kawhi involved. Both of then are warriors though tbf.

DesignatedT
01-22-2015, 10:25 PM
They were force feeding kawhi early dude. Kawhi had an average game also. Shot it decent but stalled the offense and made some bad decisions. Got bailed out on a couple jumpers as well. Watch the game next time. Everyone looked meh.

DesignatedT
01-22-2015, 10:26 PM
Plus Chicago was on a mission tonight with their little d rose tantrum and team meetings n shit.

ElNono
01-22-2015, 10:27 PM

Yeah, but it's difficult to rest the really old guys when your 32 year old isn't giving you much and on top of that is a defensive liability...

I'm still rooting for Tony to miraculously turn a corner, but it's looking pretty dim..

Johnny RIngo
01-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Yeah, but it's difficult to rest the really old guys when your 32 year old isn't giving you much and on top of that is a defensive liability...

I'm still rooting for Tony to miraculously turn a corner, but it's looking pretty dim..

Frenchie is shameless - highest paid player on the team but gives some of the lowest impact. Not to mention missing multiple games and coming back at random times just to ruin the chemistry on the team.

FkLA
01-22-2015, 10:31 PM
They were force feeding kawhi early dude. Kawhi had an average game also. Shot it decent but stalled the offense and made some bad decisions. Got bailed out on a couple jumpers as well. Watch the game next time. Everyone looked meh.

I recorded the game. Watched it I was just behind by 30-40 minutes. Kawhi was on in the 2nd quarter and honestly the only reason why the game was close.

ElNono
01-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Frenchie is shameless - highest paid player on the team but gives some of the lowest impact. Not to mention missing multiple games and coming back at random times just to ruin the chemistry on the team.

I can't hate him, tbh... he is what he is... it's just disappointing if this is his new level... like I said in another thread, more worried about the next 3 seasons, tbh...

Johnny RIngo
01-22-2015, 10:39 PM
I can't hate him, tbh... he is what he is... it's just disappointing if this is his new level... like I said in another thread, more worried about the next 3 seasons, tbh...

The worst thing is seeing him struggle this much in the regular season. In the past, at least you could rely on Parker only choking come playoff time. If he can't even dominate the reg season anymore, post-seasons going to be very difficult for him.

ElNono
01-22-2015, 10:39 PM
The worst thing is seeing him struggle this much in the regular season. In the past, at least you could rely on Parker only choking come playoff time. If he can't even dominate the reg season anymore, post-seasons going to be very difficult for him.

He doesn't have the speed right now

wildchild
01-22-2015, 10:49 PM

Feeding him early in the third quarter? Well... I wouldn't call only two plays "feeding" ...

This thread seems to be about that quarter.

Got home late so only in the 3rd quarter right now but wtf are they doing

Leonard's post-up game sometimes stalls the offense but if is effective like tonight, and his teammates have bad matchups like Tim with Pau and Tony with Rose...they should give him the ball a little more than two plays in a quarter...They didn't even try.

Mikeanaro
01-22-2015, 10:59 PM
Kawhi is willing and able to do great things but after he showed the old farts his nice streak, he became a role player WTF!? maybe he was suffering from bad breath during the 3rd quarter and nobody wanted to feed him anymore.

wildchild
01-22-2015, 11:03 PM
He was on fire in that 2nd quarter. And only got 2 shots in the 3rd .They needed to get him in the post. Even if he missed a few he had the mismatch. It's frustrating that this is still happening.

Agree, it's frustranting.

We know that Pop never goes with the hot-hand guy, but maybe that should change in the nigths when our offense looks horrible.

gameFACE
01-22-2015, 11:16 PM
Plus Chicago was on a mission tonight with their little d rose tantrum and team meetings n shit.

Yeah, once I heard that earlier in the week I pretty much wrote this game off.

I hope none of the old guys so to the ASG. Rest up and recharge, man.

mkurts
01-23-2015, 12:17 AM
He doesn't have the speed right now

He has nothing right now.

And his court vision suck.

HI-FI
01-23-2015, 12:56 AM
this. i've said as such on here. funny, my biggest fear going into this season was that he'd be MVParker during the RS and then go into hero mode during the postseason, ultimately hurting the Spurs by going away from the balanced attack. So I'm shocked he's not even been at that level we're accustomed to. I wish he was in MVParker mode to give others more rest. Just have to wait and see how this plays out with his health.

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 07:11 AM
this. i've said as such on here. funny, my biggest fear going into this season was that he'd be MVParker during the RS and then go into hero mode during the postseason, ultimately hurting the Spurs by going away from the balanced attack. So I'm shocked he's not even been at that level we're accustomed to. I wish he was in MVParker mode to give others more rest. Just have to wait and see how this plays out with his health.

Yup. In the past, Tony's heroball was actually useful in the reg season - buying rest for Duncan and Manu so those two could carry the team in the playoffs. Been the opposite this year. Duncan and Manu have taken a beating in November with all those extra minutes and 3OT games while Tony was resting on the sidelines. Now TD looks gassed and Manu's inconsistent - shame because they started the season so well. We all knew Parker wasn't that great last year but no one could have predicted him falling off THIS much. Front office look like morons giving Tony that awful contract.

DarrinS
01-23-2015, 07:38 AM

Capt Bringdown
01-23-2015, 07:53 AM
As Parker goes, so go the Spurs. He looks broken right now, so unless he can regain something resembling last year's form, our title hopes are bleak.

FkLA
01-23-2015, 08:03 AM
As Parker goes, so go the Spurs. He looks broken right now, so unless he can regain something resembling last year's form, our title hopes are bleak.

No. He is just a piece and not even close to being the biggest one at this point. The Spurs played some of their best ball in last years playoffs w/o him in the line-up. They PG position has also looked better with Patty/Cory getting his minutes this year.

NASpurs
01-23-2015, 08:15 AM
I would gladly take Enrique right now (who actually broke down defenses and made the offense click ) instead of this liability we're witnessing right now. He's playing more like Julio Iglesias than Enrique. Fuck it, I'm calling him Julio now.

Diego20
01-23-2015, 08:34 AM

Meh, you are a good example of an Enrique Fan boy..

Russo21
01-23-2015, 08:35 AM
Can someone in the San Antonio area sneak up on Tony and break his legs? Spurs look like a much better T E A M without him

Russo21
01-23-2015, 08:40 AM
Tony's gameplan: Dribble Dribble Dribble, don't look for an open teammate, dribble dribble dribble some more, no team mate has touched the ball, realises oh shit the shot clock is winding down, throws up a 20 foot jumper with a defender right on him or goes in for a out of control layup. Then go back and rest up on D to do it all over again

Diego20
01-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Tony's gameplan: Dribble Dribble Dribble, don't look for an open teammate, dribble dribble dribble some more, no team mate has touched the ball, realises oh shit the shot clock is winding down, throws up a 20 foot jumper with a defender right on him or goes in for a out of control layup. Then go back and rest up on D to do it all over again

He's always been like that, he always has the ball 16 seconds at least, past those 16 seconds he shoots or pass the ball to someone that isnt only wide open but being guarded and only able to make a bad shot..

lefty
01-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Oh and Enrique is arguably the worst defender in the league at the PG position. Set a couple of screens for his man and he'll be about 3 steps behind him once the play has ran it's course. It's not even trolling or hating to say Patty/Joseph are better options at this point.

Ths is true TBH

lefty
01-23-2015, 09:07 AM
I would gladly take Enrique right now (who actually broke down defenses and made the offense click ) instead of this liability we're witnessing right now. He's playing more like Julio Iglesias than Enrique. Fuck it, I'm calling him Julio now.
Patty has been nicknamed Julio last season in this forum

Too late :lol

lefty
01-23-2015, 09:08 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/5etTraaumezAc/giphy.gif

apalisoc_9
01-23-2015, 02:53 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/5etTraaumezAc/giphy.gif

Mainstream big 3 fan, tbh.