PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds

SnakeBoy
01-23-2015, 05:18 PM
Starving to the point of getting the shakes and McDonald's was the only thing around. I got the jalapeno double, two bites and I had to throw the rest away. It's been at least a decade since the last time I ate there. I remember it sucked but I don't remember it being this awful.

How do people not only eat but like this shit?

Blake
01-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Lol.

salads fries oatmeal and coffee are about the only things left that are good

The Gemini Method
01-23-2015, 05:54 PM
When was there any redeeming qualities at McDonalds? I can only tolerate the Sausage McMuffin...and maybe the fries.

DarrinS
01-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Quality definitely varies by location

The Gemini Method
01-23-2015, 06:00 PM

This is true...If you go to one in Laguna Nigel, it is a better quality experience. Went to a hood rich one in Las Vegas and it was terrible.

baseline bum
01-23-2015, 06:10 PM
I like the fries and the chicken nuggets are edible because of the bbq sauce. Still, I only eat there maybe once a year when I'm on a long drive and the only other choice on the side of the highway is Burger King.

The quarter pounder is almost in the Burger King Whopper class of fail though. It tastes like beef jello on a bun (which is still better than Burger King).

Phillip
01-23-2015, 06:11 PM
steak egg and cheese bagel is still quite good

djohn2oo8
01-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Big Mac ftw.

Strange Love
01-23-2015, 06:49 PM
No shit, you had Jalapenos made by non-jalapenos experts. What you expect from a bunch of high school drop outs?

Keep it simple and get something you know they make good. Like their fries. Shit is good.

Fries and nuggets is all they're good for.

Blake
01-23-2015, 06:58 PM

Price too

RsxPiimp
01-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Their Apple pies + coffee is still better than our local Diner.

DJR210
01-23-2015, 09:13 PM
:lol McDonalds

As a kid, McDonalds was where it was at. The Happy Meal always had the best toys, and the Playplace was the shit. Bday parties there were always fun..

But yeah..McDonalds is absolute trash, and has been for a long time. They put the final nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned when they killed the double cheese in favor of the McDouble.

cantthinkofanything
01-23-2015, 09:21 PM
:lol McDonaldsAs a kid, McDonalds was where it was at. The Happy Meal always had the best toys, and the Playplace was the shit. Bday parties there were always fun..But yeah..McDonalds is absolute trash, and has been for a long time. They put the final nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned when they killed the double cheese in favor of the McDouble.They still have the double cheeseburger here. And Lol at you fucking snobs. Real men eat McRib and keep on livin'.

TeyshaBlue
01-23-2015, 09:33 PM
steak egg and cheese bagel is still quite good

Word. :tu

DJR210
01-23-2015, 09:38 PM
They still have the double cheeseburger here. And Lol at you fucking snobs. Real men eat McRib and keep on livin'.

Read it again broski. The double cheese is not the same burger as the McDouble. The economy changed and so did the only burger remotely worth buying there.

JMarkJohns
01-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Did the drive thru in some no-stop-light town a while back.

Fries were still good.

I stopped eating the mcdouble after a few bites.

DJR210
01-23-2015, 10:26 PM
Fries were still good.

+1

The only thing I'll really fuck with at McDonalds is the McNuggets for the kids.. 5 bucks for silence the entire way to where we're going.

benefactor
01-23-2015, 10:30 PM
I like the fries and the chicken nuggets are edible because of the bbq sauce.
This is the only non-breakfast food I've had from McDonald's in years.

baseline bum
01-23-2015, 11:37 PM
This is the only non-breakfast food I've had from McDonald's in years.

Shit, I forgot the chicken biscuits. I'll get one of those every once in a while too.

ChumpDumper
01-23-2015, 11:46 PM
Breakfasts, fries, salads, coffee are fine -- everything else is kind of terrifying now.

The Reckoning
01-24-2015, 12:12 AM
ones in australia are pretty damned tasty tbh but they used free range chicken and whatnot.

HI-FI
01-24-2015, 12:35 AM
i still hit up McD's a couple times a month. their McCafe drinks are good, cheaper than STarbucks. salads are fine as well. Their nuggets have gotten better, least now they all have similar shape and texture, growing up they seemed to be more shoddy. As for the burgers, not great but I don't remember them ever being good tbh.

Franklin
01-24-2015, 01:23 AM
food has no sin imho, I'd eat it if I've paid for it no matter how shitty it tastes. I mean I may also throw some remnants away but not the main part after only two bites, I'm a parsimonious student and I'm used to living that way. I hate the people working and eating there more than anything else about McDonalds. Those bastards are so pretentious like eating or selling some fastfood is such a big deal in their lives everyday. I don't know if it's the same in US but I really don't feel like eating there, I'd just buy some shit and take it away to eat elsewhere instead of sitting around those motherfuckers if I really need something for my stomach tbh, and that only happens when I have something important to do later in the afternoon, otherwise I'd simply skip lunch like I used to do at school.

InRareForm
01-24-2015, 01:33 AM
it's no shocker their sales are down, way down.

too much new choices, build your own burger places and other competition, people are over the boring mcdonalds.

SnakeBoy
01-24-2015, 02:16 AM
food has no sin imho, I'd eat it if I've paid for it no matter how shitty it tastes. I mean I may also throw some remnants away but not the main part after only two bites, I'm a parsimonious student and I'm used to living that way. I hate the people working and eating there more than anything else about McDonalds. Those bastards are so pretentious like eating or selling some fastfood is such a big deal in their lives everyday. I don't know if it's the same in US but I really don't feel like eating there, I'd just buy some shit and take it away to eat elsewhere instead of sitting around those motherfuckers if I really need something for my stomach tbh, and that only happens when I have something important to do later in the afternoon, otherwise I'd simply skip lunch like I used to do at school.

Man this is the USA, we throw away steak & lobster if it's not cooked right.

And no, pretentious isn't the word we use to describe McDonald's workers over here.

DJR210
01-24-2015, 02:21 AM
it's no shocker their sales are down, way down.

too much new choices, build your own burger places and other competition, people are over the boring mcdonalds.

I read an article on some website recently titled, "top 20 fast food failures" and no shit like 13/20 were McDonalds..from their failed McPizza to the Arch Deluxe, they hammered them.

Leetonidas
01-24-2015, 03:11 AM
Mcdonald's is alright. I mean its fast food, not much fast food is really that great, its usually a couple things everywhere that are decent and 80% of the rest of the menu is shit. QP, big mac, fries, nuggets are alright. Everything else is meh or gross. lol at that fish sandwich :vomit:

Leetonidas
01-24-2015, 03:12 AM
brb 2am mcdonalds run for nugz

Robz4000
01-24-2015, 05:02 AM
Their breakfast is glorious; also still kinda like the Big Mac. Everything else is mediocre.

DeadlyDynasty
01-24-2015, 06:49 AM
OT but I never understood pickles on a sandwich, it's horrible.

Their fries are always good and I used to like the Filet-o-Fish...I don't care what it's made out of, you eat at Mickey D's for familiarity, anyways

boutons_deux
01-24-2015, 11:22 AM
McDonald’s Still King of High-Calorie, High-Fat Food

To give a sense of how unhealthy some menu items are, McDonald’s continues to sell coffee drinks with more than 300 calories. One of its mocha coffees has 320. The chocolate version of the coffee has 350. Adding a sausage and hotcake package plate at 520 calories, and breakfast calories reach nearly 1,000.

Lunch is worse, based on calories. Reaching 1,500 calories is easy. And Oreo McFlurry has 510 calories. A Bacon Clubhouse Burger has 720, and a large order of fries has 230. Staying short of 2,000 calories assumes the customer does not have a 400-calorie desert.

However, a quick look at McDonald’s menu tells something that investors may not focus on enough. Changes in the core menu of McDonald’s are not in the offing. The fast-food company has to do well selling this core menu if same-store sales and revenue are ever to get back on track. New menu itemsmay be more healthy, and McDonald’s researchers may have found that these items satisfy health-conscious customers or people who might go to its locations because McDonald’s has shifted it menu — a little.

Read more: McDonald's Still King of High-Calorie, High-Fat Food (NYSE: MCD) - 24/7 Wall St. (http://247wallst.com/retail/2015/01/24/mcdonalds-still-king-of-high-calorie-high-fat-food/#ixzz3Pkxq9ABs) http://247wallst.com/retail/2015/01/24/mcdonalds-still-king-of-high-calorie-high-fat-food/#ixzz3Pkxq9ABs

baseline bum
01-24-2015, 11:46 AM
I read an article on some website recently titled, "top 20 fast food failures" and no shit like 13/20 were McDonalds..from their failed McPizza to the Arch Deluxe, they hammered them.

UTSdUOC8Kac

George Costanza looks weird with hair

mrsmaalox
01-24-2015, 12:30 PM
Ugh, believe me once you get your kids out of the chicken nuggets phase you'll never want McDonald's ever again! I can handle the fries (if they are fresh and hot) and a fruit and yogurt parfait and that's it.

resistanze
01-24-2015, 12:52 PM
I like the fries and the chicken nuggets are edible because of the bbq sauce.

You need to try the Canadian BBQ sauce tbh. Nothing better (esp. after comparing to the US and various countries in Europe).

baseline bum
01-24-2015, 01:04 PM
You need to try the Canadian BBQ sauce tbh. Nothing better (esp. after comparing to the US and various countries in Europe).

rgZezt_ADEY

tbh

resistanze
01-24-2015, 01:07 PM
rgZezt_ADEY

tbh

:lol

You'd toss a salad for the BBQ sauce my nigga. No lie. I think they're actually changing it, and that will be the end of McD's for me tbh

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Read it again broski. The double cheese is not the same burger as the McDouble. The economy changed and so did the only burger remotely worth buying there.You said they killed the double cheeseburger in favor of McDouble. I'm pretty sure I saw the double cheeseburger in the menu a week or so ago. It didn't say McDouble. I don't eat that so I'm not sure what the difference is but am pretty sure the double cb was offered.

baseline bum
01-24-2015, 01:21 PM
:lol

You'd toss a salad for the BBQ sauce my nigga. No lie. I think they're actually changing it, and that will be the end of McD's for me tbh

After two minutes of google while on the shitter I see it's supposed to be some kind of sweeter sauce in Canada? I kind of like the chipotle BBQ sauce those nights have here.

Edit: fucking shit, my Nexus 7 auto corrected ######s to nights :lol

DJR210
01-24-2015, 01:23 PM
You said they killed the double cheeseburger in favor of McDouble. I'm pretty sure I saw the double cheeseburger in the menu a week or so ago. It didn't say McDouble. I don't eat that so I'm not sure what the difference is but am pretty sure the double cb was offered.

I'm talking about the dollar menu one. The McDouble is their cost efficient replacement.

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2015, 01:24 PM
it's no shocker their sales are down, way down.too much new choices, build your own burger places and other competition, people are over the boring mcdonalds.Sure. But I don't view those as substitutes. McDonalds for is for traveling or late night eating in the car.

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm talking about the dollar menu one. The McDouble is their cost efficient replacement.Didn't know that. So sounds like I should not order if it ever comes up.

m>s
01-24-2015, 01:32 PM
stop eating the fast food jew

RD2191
01-24-2015, 01:32 PM
Mcdonalds was the shit in high school. Wendy's is where it's at though. They upped their game and their food is pretty damn good for a fast food place.

baseline bum
01-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Mcdonalds was the shit in high school. Wendy's is where it's at though. They upped their game and their food is pretty damn good for a fast food place.

MbVDQKcxg00

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2015, 01:41 PM

Unfortunately, the closest Wendy's or Whataburger or even Jack in the Crack is 20 minutes away. The closest restaurant to me, fast food, sit don, or otherwise is McD which is about 5 minutes away. Next is DQ which is 7 minutes away and has terrible service. And closes at 9:30. Subway is about 7 minutes away but I don't always feel like going through that process. There's a Grandys attached to a gas station but I haven't tried that yet.

m>s
01-24-2015, 01:44 PM
i get an instant stomachache on the rare occasion that i eat mcdonalds and it reminds me not to go back for another 3 to 5 years

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2015, 02:05 PM
i get an instant stomachache on the rare occasion that i eat mcdonalds and it reminds me not to go back for another 3 to 5 yearsYou better hope the workers never make you for m>s

m>s
01-24-2015, 03:24 PM
chyeah but fast food is degenerate im thinking about starting a completely natural diet but shits hard

MultiTroll
01-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Read the book Fast Food Nation and all McDonalds will be known.

Large cattle lots with shit removal being a problem? Just mix it with some stuff and feed it back to em. Yep.

chunticakes
01-24-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm talking about the dollar menu one. The McDouble is their cost efficient replacement.

What's the difference?

benefactor
01-24-2015, 05:43 PM
:tu

I find myself craving the occasional Baconater. Fries are better since they changed them too.

And of course, Frostys are still Frostys.

Aztecfan03
01-24-2015, 08:18 PM
You said they killed the double cheeseburger in favor of McDouble. I'm pretty sure I saw the double cheeseburger in the menu a week or so ago. It didn't say McDouble. I don't eat that so I'm not sure what the difference is but am pretty sure the double cb was offered.

Yeah they have never had just the mcdouble and not a double cheeseburger. I like the mcdouble better though because I don't want a ton of cheese. They even have a triple cheeseburger now that has 3 patties and 2 slices of cheese.

Aztecfan03
01-24-2015, 08:21 PM

It's called inflation. Almost nothing is even a dollar anymore in california.

DMC
01-24-2015, 08:24 PM
They are all fat bombs and cholesterol generating pills. They have shit food. If you have to eat there, stick with something you know what it is, like salad or chicken.

InRareForm
08-19-2016, 11:53 AM
They have definitely changed their menu and made it more Health conscious.

I tried their turkey sausage Mcmuffin. Pretty good for an alternative to pork...

SpursforSix
08-19-2016, 11:57 AM
They have definitely changed their menu and made it more Health conscious.

I tried their turkey sausage Mcmuffin. Pretty good for an alternative to pork...

key words being "pretty good". It's still super processed and high in sodium and nitrates. And made out of the spare parts. Turkey scrot, butthole, etc.

Blake
08-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Turkey butthole, etc.

mmmmmmm

Avante
08-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Why would anyone eat at a McDonalds, I never have and never will.

Fast food....YUCK~~~~~~~~~~~

Family owned restaurants is the only way to go. There is a little place in Oildale (across the bridge from Bakersfield, it's where Merle Haggard was from) called...Alices...it's been there over 100 years, talk about good food, whoa~~~~~~

Pictures of the owner with Maggard, Buck Owens, Dwight Yokum and all those old rasslers back in the day.

I. Hustle
08-19-2016, 01:07 PM
Why would anyone eat at a McDonalds, I never have and never will.

Fast food....YUCK~~~~~~~~~~~

Family owned restaurants is the only way to go. There is a little place in Oildale (across the bridge from Bakersfield, it's where Merle Haggard was from) called...Alices...it's been there over 100 years, talk about good food, whoa~~~~~~

Pictures of the owner with Maggard, Buck Owens, Dwight Yokum and all those old rasslers back in the day.

Union Ave. or Chester Ave.?

SpursforSix
08-19-2016, 01:51 PM

oh...it's got to be Chester.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-19-2016, 01:52 PM
Only time I ever eat McDonalds is for the McRibs, and I missed out on the McRibs in 2015, so I haven't had any since 2014 and will have to wait until this November/December to get one again.

I did eat 72 McRibs in McRib season 2011, yum! But their other food isn't good and way too processed and unhealthy to consider.

SpursforSix
08-19-2016, 01:55 PM
Only time I ever eat McDonalds is for the McRibs, and I missed out on the McRibs in 2015, so I haven't had any since 2014 and will have to wait until this November/December to get one again.

I did eat 72 McRibs in McRib season 2011, yum! But their other food isn't good and way too processed and unhealthy to consider.

I do this also with the McRib. I'll have it once or twice when it comes out. Seems like they're not as good as they used to be though. Don't seem to put enough sauce on it.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-19-2016, 01:57 PM
I do this also with the McRib. I'll have it once or twice when it comes out. Seems like they're not as good as they used to be though. Don't seem to put enough sauce on it.

What mcdonald's do you get them at? I've never had an issue with too little sauce

SpursforSix
08-19-2016, 02:00 PM
What mcdonald's do you get them at? I've never had an issue with too little sauce

Different ones over the last couple of years. At first, I thought maybe it was just one particular McD. But then when we moved, I had the same issue. So I make sure they give me a couple of cups of the BBQ sauce.

SpursforSix
08-19-2016, 02:05 PM

oh...it's got to be Chester.

https://memecrunch.com/meme/3SQ0O/chester-the-child-molester/image.png?w=680&c=1

Thread
08-19-2016, 11:05 PM

I used to eat it, then I accessed a Google picture of it splayed wide without the sauce & that was it.

Don't look.

SpursforSix
08-19-2016, 11:14 PM
I used to eat it, then I accessed a Google picture of it splayed wide without the sauce & that was it.

Don't look.

I've seen it. Deconstructing a McRib. And it's not anymore terrible than I would have thought. I still look forward to McRib season.

Splits
08-19-2016, 11:18 PM

Gotta be Union. We all know Avante isn't into chests...