PDA

View Full Version : Is Patty Mills the best teammate ever?

apalisoc_9
01-23-2015, 11:14 PM
I love this dude tbh..

there's been couple of names that obviously had good relationships with their teamates..

but Patty looks like He's best friends with everyone in the team..

I was too young to watch the pre 97 Spurs, but I doubt anyone comes close.

MI21
01-23-2015, 11:17 PM
Tim Duncan

ChumpDumper
01-23-2015, 11:17 PM
Thread tracker.

Diego20
01-23-2015, 11:18 PM
Dude must be a good friend

:bobo

TheGreatYacht
01-23-2015, 11:19 PM
DEFLECTION THREAD

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243730&p=7797920#post7797920

apalisoc_9
01-23-2015, 11:20 PM
Dude must be a good friend

:bobo

yup..

Everyone likes him

Splits
01-23-2015, 11:24 PM
http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/konhavk0cikhnoolyp74.jpg

FkLA
01-23-2015, 11:29 PM
Patty is awesome. Pretty sure he started the Kawhi hand sign and his towel waving when he wasn't getting minutes is pretty legendary. A certain sulking PG on the team can learn a thing or two from him tbh.

ducks
01-23-2015, 11:30 PM
I would say david robinson

ChumpDumper
01-23-2015, 11:31 PM
Patty is awesome. Pretty sure he started the Kawhi hand sign and his towel waving when he wasn't getting minutes is pretty legendary. A certain sulking PG on the team can learn a thing or two from him tbh.lol "pretty sure"

A certain sulking poster can't go an hour without trying to hate.

lefty
01-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Patty is awesome. Pretty sure he started the Kawhi hand sign and his towel waving when he wasn't getting minutes is pretty legendary. A certain sulking PG on the team can learn a thing or two from him tbh.
His towel waving when he was a bench warmer was really annoying tbh

Premature ejaculation and jinxing :lol

HI-FI
01-23-2015, 11:37 PM
definitely one of the best, every team would love to have a Patty on their squad.

wildchild
01-24-2015, 12:08 AM
Patty never gets enough credit for things like camaraderie and unselfishness, and people don't realize how important is this guy for the locker room climate.
Even when he fights for the backup pg spot with Cory, everything is cool.

DJR210
01-24-2015, 12:13 AM
Malik Rose was up there too, he was the founding father of the Bum Rush Crew

Mikeanaro
01-24-2015, 12:37 AM
Patty is the best person ever thats a reality.

Johnny RIngo
01-24-2015, 02:50 AM
Best backup point guard this team's ever had. His game 5 against the Heat is legendary. Stepped up big time while our starting point guard disappeared in that first half.

Sean Cagney
01-24-2015, 03:24 AM
Best backup point guard this team's ever had. His game 5 against the Heat is legendary. Stepped up big time while our starting point guard disappeared in that first half.

He kept them at bay every time they were going to make a run! He would hit a three and then another and just blow it open again and deflate the Heat fully. Patty balled that game beyond belief.

Speedy deserves some credit too for 03 when Tony would shrivel up and fade away like he used to in big games, Brent Barry in 05 as well when he would pull his routine dissapearing act in big games. Tony used to do that regularly and the backup would come in and play lights out to help save us. I love Tony but that is just the truth.

iManu
01-24-2015, 04:32 AM
Patty started the frog.

Raven
01-24-2015, 05:15 AM
they are all pretty awesome tbh.

Nero5
01-24-2015, 05:16 AM
He was very well liked by his teammates in Portland, so perhaps it is a reasonable assumption that he is a 'glue guy'

FkLA
01-24-2015, 08:12 AM
He kept them at bay every time they were going to make a run! He would hit a three and then another and just blow it open again and deflate the Heat fully. Patty balled that game beyond belief.

Speedy deserves some credit too for 03 when Tony would shrivel up and fade away like he used to in big games, Brent Barry in 05 as well when he would pull his routine dissapearing act in big games. Tony used to do that regularly and the backup would come in and play lights out to help save us. I love Tony but that is just the truth.

How dare you speak the truth about Enrique! Hater!!

CGD
01-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Anyone remember jack hailey?

hater
01-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Kiwi Sean Marks and it's not even close.

/thread

Bartleby
01-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Anyone remember jack hailey?

The human victory cigar. He was one of the few (only?) guys on the team who got along well with Rodman.

Mr Bones
01-24-2015, 01:26 PM
I heard Tony and Patty were walking down the street this morning and suddenly saw smoke! They rounded the corner and Patty exclaimed, "Look! The orphanage is on fire!!" Tony said, "Meh, I don't care... I need to buy a new beret and a croissant," and walked away, but Patty ran into the burning building and, risking his own life, saved ALL OF THE ORPHANS!!

ElNono
01-24-2015, 01:27 PM
I heard Tony and Patty were walking down the street this morning and suddenly saw smoke! They rounded the corner and Patty exclaimed, "Look! The orphanage is on fire!! Tony said, "Meh, I don't care... I need to buy a new beret and a croissant," and walked away, but Patty ran into the burning building and, risking his own life, saved ALL OF THE ORPHANS!!

sounds legit, tbh

FkLA
01-24-2015, 01:57 PM
I heard Tony and Patty were walking down the street this morning and suddenly saw smoke! They rounded the corner and Patty exclaimed, "Look! The orphanage is on fire!!" Tony said, "Meh, I don't care... I need to buy a new beret and a croissant," and walked away, but Patty ran into the burning building and, risking his own life, saved ALL OF THE ORPHANS!!

Probably not far from the truth if that scenario were to actually play out imho.

Mr Bones
01-24-2015, 02:19 PM
It's funny how almost everyone on spurstalk agrees that Tony has lost a step and is no longer at his peak, but the OP is such a foaming-at-the-mouth player fan/hater that if Tony plays reasonably well, the only thing he can think to do is start a thread about how Mills is a really nice guy... which is another thing everyone on spustalk agrees with. Parker and Leonard both played well, both shot 50%, both had great +/-. That's a good thing. Parker scored 2 more points than Kawhi in 10 fewer minutes, and Kawhi had 14 rebounds in 33 minutes. Again, good news. But somehow the OP will see only the negative in it, just as he does with last year's title run.

I wonder if there are Hawks fans right now who look at +/- numbers, and finding that DeMarre Carroll has the least impressive numbers of all the starters, say "DeMarre Sucks! Get rid of him!!!" Forget that Atlanta's having a great year (like the Spurs last year)-- the numbers say Carroll isn't as good as Millsap!

Mel_13
01-24-2015, 02:26 PM
It's funny how almost everyone on spurstalk agrees that Tony has lost a step and is no longer at his peak, but the OP is such a foaming-at-the-mouth player fan/hater that if Tony plays reasonably well, the only thing he can think to do is start a thread about how Mills is a really nice guy... which is another thing everyone on spustalk agrees with.

Really, is there anything more mainstream than starting threads on which the vast middle will agree?

Mr Bones
01-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Really, is there anything more mainstream than starting threads on which the vast middle will agree?

:lol Exactly. And is there anything more edgy than actively rooting against a player on your favorite team, and being disappointed when he plays well?

FkLA
01-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Since when does calling a bad player a bad player mean one is openly rooting against him? The entire forum shits on Belli (deservedly so) but I'm sure noone will be upset if he hits a big shot. It's really no different for Enrique.

pgardn
01-24-2015, 02:58 PM
It's funny how almost everyone on spurstalk agrees that Tony has lost a step and is no longer at his peak, but the OP is such a foaming-at-the-mouth player fan/hater that if Tony plays reasonably well, the only thing he can think to do is start a thread about how Mills is a really nice guy... which is another thing everyone on spustalk agrees with. Parker and Leonard both played well, both shot 50%, both had great +/-. That's a good thing. Parker scored 2 more points than Kawhi in 10 fewer minutes, and Kawhi had 14 rebounds in 33 minutes. Again, good news. But somehow the OP will see only the negative in it, just as he does with last year's title run.

I wonder if there are Hawks fans right now who look at +/- numbers, and finding that DeMarre Carroll has the least impressive numbers of all the starters, say "DeMarre Sucks! Get rid of him!!!" Forget that Atlanta's having a great year (like the Spurs last year)-- the numbers say Carroll isn't as good as Millsap!

You got the freak OP pegged.

Mills really does seem to be a nice guy.
He still towel waves and now his is an integral part of the team.
No more fat Patty towel waves because that's all he can do.

Boris, mills, manu, and Tiago seem to hang together quite a bit if photos tell a true story. I would definitely find my way to that group. They seem like some of the brighter funnier guys that are indeed humble.

Johnny RIngo
01-24-2015, 03:15 PM

Stop shitting up this thread with your fanboy drivel. This is a thread about Patty and ONLY Patty. And here you go babbling about how Tony doesn't get enough respect. Do we have to glorify TP in every thread in order to make you happy? There are plenty of topics about Tony on the first page - take your rant elsewhere.

:rolleyes player fans

Mr Bones
01-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Stop shitting up this thread with your fanboy drivel. This is a thread about Patty and ONLY Patty. And here you go babbling about how Tony doesn't get enough respect. Do we have to glorify TP in every thread in order to make you happy? There are plenty of topics about Tony on the first page - take your rant elsewhere.

Again, for the millionth time, I'm not a Parker "player fan." I've said dozens of times he is not the same player, he has lost a step, should shoot more threes, and there should be more minutes for Mills and Cojo. I just don't actively root against players on my favorite team. That's the definition of a "Player Fan," the situation where you like one guy so much that you'd actually want another player to have bad performances to prove you're right.

Hemotivo
01-24-2015, 04:16 PM

http://www.losandes.com.ar/files/image/15/01/image54bfb576f3d917.37917234.jpg

Mr Bones
01-24-2015, 04:19 PM
:lol

taps
01-24-2015, 04:53 PM
I would say david robinson

ducks, it pains me to say but Robinson was a bit of a quitter when the Jazz would pummel his early 90s teams in POs. You could see the exasperation-to-resignation on his face and dude would just lose heart. ('90, '93, '95: all super terrific efforts though)

He didn't throw teammates under the bus from what I recall. Did he let them down sometimes on the court though?

taps
01-24-2015, 04:58 PM
The human victory cigar. He was one of the few (only?) guys on the team who got along well with Rodman.

ha I remember reading some in-flight magazine (Hemispheres?) & Jack Haley was on the cover w/ his arms crossed. Story about Jack being Rodman's besty & an underrated part of the Rodman trade to Chicago: I think they kinda credited Haley w/ making Rodman a valuable piece in Chicago by "keeping him in line." :lmao

Diego20
01-24-2015, 06:57 PM

romain.star
01-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Since when does calling a bad player a bad player mean one is openly rooting against him? The entire forum shits on Belli (deservedly so) but I'm sure noone will be upset if he hits a big shot. It's really no different for Enrique.

Can you make me laugh please?

benfti
01-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Falling out of the rotation?

timtonymanu
01-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Patty should be fine. Either they're trying to find someone to take Joseph or Pop is playing Tony more to get him into rhythm.

I doubt Pop would give up on Patty after he had one of the greatest Finals performances. It doesn't make any sense at all, especially since Patty has looked great this season.

TheGreatYacht
01-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Pop was drunk, tbh. Joseph can't even sniff Mills' jock...