PDA

View Full Version : Boyhood

CosmicCowboy
01-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Movie is probably a lock for best picture just because it was such an artsy concept. That being said, I want that two and a half hours back. That was the most boring, self absorbed piece of shit movie I have ever seen.

Big Empty
01-26-2015, 01:19 PM
i think you meant to watch Boyz in tha Hood.

DarrinS
01-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Movie is probably a lock for best picture just because it was such an artsy concept. That being said, I want that two and a half hours back. That was the most boring, self absorbed piece of shit movie I have ever seen.

It was very disappointing

redzero
01-26-2015, 02:00 PM
I wanted to see it because I like several Linklater films, but after Red Letter Media tore it a new asshole, I've been discouraged.

Brunodf
01-26-2015, 02:22 PM
100% agree

SnakeBoy
01-26-2015, 06:00 PM
Worse than that crappy Tree of Life movie all of the artsy fartsy critics loved so much.

Spurminator
01-26-2015, 06:04 PM
I liked the first hour but he got way too emo as a teenager. It was an impressively made movie but not really something I would ever want to watch again.

The Gemini Method
01-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Great concept...not so much on the tangibles. It will probably win best movie, but there are sooo many good movies not great movies. I didn't think Interstellar was all that great but it was good enough to be nominated. Gone Girl or Birdman are capable winning films. Wilde and Whiplash could be surprising winners. However, there is really no defining movie this year. Wont be surprised if Linklater wins the Best Picture award...

Spurminator
01-26-2015, 06:35 PM
I don't think it will win Best Picture. Maybe Best Director.

Slutter McGee
01-26-2015, 08:14 PM
I don't think it will win Best Picture. Maybe Best Director.

Great movie to watch once. And once is all you will ever need.

DJR210
01-27-2015, 12:20 AM
This movie had good acting, decent enough direction, but in the end was just a gimmick to me. Wouldn't watch again.

Pauly D
04-28-2015, 09:06 PM
What a shitfest and what a shame since it had such a Texas theme. All the characters were super cliche. The only actually successful, traditional man of course turned out to be an abusive drunk. This was Hollywood's Texas. There was no movie to be made from this. About an hour and a half in I skipped to the last 15 minutes and I didn't feel like I missed a thing. I NEVER skip through a movie. The very end was great tho tbh. That's it

RandomGuy
05-01-2015, 11:59 AM

It was interesting seeing places in San Marcos that I know. I would give it middling, with marks for an interesting concept.

cantthinkofanything
05-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Every time this thread gets bumped, I bet Avante checks it for all the wrong reasons.