PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Olajuwon: "Jordan Was a Far More Superior Player" to Lebron

BatManu20
01-25-2015, 01:26 PM
The Dream has spoken.

It's one of the big sporting questions of our times debated in bars across the world: Is LeBron James better than Michael Jordan?
Now a two-time NBA champion has waded into the debate and dubbed Jordan a "far superior player".

"When people start comparing him with Jordan then that's not a fair comparison. Jordan was a far more superior player in a very tough league, he was very creative," former Houston Rockets star Hakeem Olajuwon told CNBC's Worldwide Exchange.

"That's not taking away anything from LeBron because he is a great player but it is not a fair comparison because Jordan is a far superior player."

Jordan, who made his name at the Chicago Bulls, is a six time NBA champion and has been crowned most valuable player (MVP) five times. In comparison, James, who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers, is a two-time NBA champion and has four MVP awards to his name.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102340266

apalisoc_9
01-25-2015, 01:35 PM
Olajuwon and Jordan have been sucking each other penises ever since they retired..

I'm not surprised with this comment..

Phillip
01-25-2015, 01:36 PM
who cares

people from the 50s and 60s think Bill Russell is far superior to Shaq, Tim Duncan, and Hakeem :lmao

people are always going to stick up for players from their own era

LkrFan
01-25-2015, 01:51 PM
Well, he's right.

djohn2oo8
01-25-2015, 01:55 PM
Olajuwon and Jordan have been sucking each other penises ever since they retired..

I'm not surprised with this comment..

Sup Hawlem..

weebo
01-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Chamberlain was the best player of his generation, Jordan best player of his generation, Duncan best player of his generation, etc....

Infinite_limit
01-25-2015, 02:59 PM
Chamberlain was the best player of his generation, Jordan best player of his generation, Duncan best player of his generation, etc....
Not quite

Wilt - most unstoppable but not most successful [Russell]
Jordan - unstoppable and successful
Duncan - most successful but not most unstoppable [Shaq]

Thus the gap between Jordan and the next best player is substantial. Possibly even larger than Gretzky in Hockey because of Jordan's defense

- Jordan
- Gretzky
- Babe Ruth

NFL and Soccer has too many candidates

Stalin
01-25-2015, 03:30 PM
That's a fair statement, I too find LeRoid's game boring, all he does is bulldoze through the lane, with little creativity or finesse, unlike Dad Killer, IMO TBH.

RsxPiimp
01-25-2015, 03:40 PM
who cares

people from the 50s and 60s think Bill Russell is far superior to Shaq, Tim Duncan, and Hakeem :lmao

people are always going to stick up for players from their own era

Yeah. Dr. J doesn't even have Jordan in his top list.

Infinite_limit
01-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Yeah. Dr. J doesn't even have Jordan in his top list.
Really? Damn that's butthurt

It's one thing to have a guy who played 20-30 years prior off your list. But J and MJ's eras almost overlapped.

RsxPiimp
01-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Really? Damn that's butthurt

It's one thing to have a guy who played 20-30 years prior off your list. But J and MJ's eras almost overlapped.

Wilt
Russell
Baylor
Robertson
West

His top 5

hater
01-25-2015, 04:13 PM
No shit

Wh is this even threadworthy?

Infinite_limit
01-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Wilt
Russell
Baylor
Robertson
West

His top 5
Can't crucify the guy for taking the "only guys before me" route but I wouldn't take his list seriously

Arcadian
01-25-2015, 04:30 PM
Can't crucify the guy for taking the "only guys before me" route but I wouldn't take his list seriously

Given that athletes are getting better over time, and given that he didn't specify "only guys before me," yes you can definitely crucify him. What a shitty approach to making a list. It would make more sense to say "only guys I've seen play" because at least then you have a clear mental representation of those players.

Infinite_limit
01-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Given that athletes are getting better over time, and given that he didn't specify "only guys before me," yes you can definitely crucify him. What a shitty approach to making a list. It would make more sense to say "only guys I've seen play" because at least then you have a clear mental representation of those players.
Good points. He should have went "before me" route otherwise he'd have to put Larry on the list

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49974/1408622-bird_vs_j.jpg

RsxPiimp
01-25-2015, 04:46 PM
Good points. He should have went "before me" route otherwise he'd have to put Larry on the list

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49974/1408622-bird_vs_j.jpg

Initially he said these are the player he saw growing up. But then, he was asked to clarify and he did. He was asked if all modern players were to be included and he stick with his picks.

He also said George Gervin is that one player he would pay to see...

DMC
01-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Retired guys always defend each other, always say their league was the toughest. James is no Michael, not even close. He doesn't have the on court demeanor, doesn't threaten with a look, doesn't deliver after telling you he's going to. Jordan issued tracking numbers and you'd know he would show up. James is a genetic freak, average shooter, athletic as fuck, and great passer. Jordan could do it all though, he was like prime Kobe's demeanor with Leonard's hands and James' athleticism.

AaronY
01-25-2015, 07:39 PM
Truth bomb

in2deep
01-25-2015, 07:40 PM
Hakeem dropping them nukes

Franklin
01-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Jordan would've never left his friends behind for the greener lawn, which Lebron has done twice already and is likely to try a 3rd time next year.

LkrFan
01-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Retired guys always defend each other, always say their league was the toughest. James is no Michael, not even close. He doesn't have the on court demeanor, doesn't threaten with a look, doesn't deliver after telling you he's going to. Jordan issued tracking numbers and you'd know he would show up. James is a genetic freak, average shooter, athletic as fuck, and great passer. Jordan could do it all though, he was like prime Kobe's demeanor with Leonard's hands and James' athleticism.

What is Leonard's true ceiling in your opinion?

lefty
01-25-2015, 08:15 PM
Still truth nukes

DMC
01-25-2015, 10:31 PM
What is Leonard's true ceiling in your opinion?
I have no idea, we may have seen it already.

HemisfairArena
01-25-2015, 10:59 PM
MJ is the best ever and had he not gambled,,,would have won 8 in a row. The Dream just being respectful that he was able to ring while Jordan "retired" for two years.

Malik Hairston
01-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Hakeem also said Dwight Howard was going to have an MVP season this year, to be fair:lol..

If Olajuwon wants to comment on his pedophilia, I'll listen, since that's his most credible field, tbh..

Jenks
01-25-2015, 11:34 PM
"Lebron didn't gift me two championships"

baseline bum
01-25-2015, 11:41 PM
If Olajuwon wants to comment on his pedophilia, I'll listen, since that's his most credible field, tbh..

He pulled a Karl Malone?

Malik Hairston
01-25-2015, 11:42 PM
He pulled a Karl Malone?

When he was 33, he married an 18-year old that was chosen before she was legal age, tbh:lol..

:lmao those Rocket Cs
:lmao Hakeem mentoring Howard
:lmao Somebody check Yao Ming's history with women

Splits
01-26-2015, 01:16 AM
When he was 33, he married an 18-year old that was chosen before she was legal age, tbh:lol..

Maybe that's why Hakeem went to the Raptors, age of consent in Canada is 16 (as I'm sure you know first-hand)

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 01:40 AM
Maybe that's why Hakeem went to the Raptors, age of consent in Canada is 16 (as I'm sure you know first-hand)

My minimum age is 19, tbh(I'm 25)..if it's borderline, I just wouldn't ask her age, though..

daslicer
01-26-2015, 01:42 AM
Hakeem's wife definitely looks real young in this picture :lol

http://www.sikids.com/sites/default/files/multimedia/photo_gallery/1105/athletes-and-their-mothers/images/hakeem-olajuwon-mom-abike-075148725.jpg

sook
01-26-2015, 02:13 AM
way to go out on a limb there :lol

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 12:02 PM
My minimum age is 19, tbh(I'm 25)..if it's borderline, I just wouldn't ask her age, though..

:lmao

ambchang
01-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Hakeem speaking the truth, and there is no question Jordan played in an era where the rules favoured bigs, whereas Lebron is playing in the most perimeter friendly era of the NBA.

Galileo
01-26-2015, 03:55 PM
I always thought Olajuwon was better than Jordan.

Proxy
01-26-2015, 06:40 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibnpWpIjTD7fdu.gif

RsxPiimp
01-26-2015, 07:02 PM

This for real? Holy shit :lol

The Gemini Method
01-26-2015, 07:16 PM

Lefty sure does...

Infinite_limit
01-27-2015, 12:58 AM
"Leonard would have shut him down"

endrity
01-27-2015, 03:38 AM
I always believed that Jordan's main advantage over anyone who will appear later on and challenge his GOAT status is his storyline. Yes his stats are great, even advanced stats. But LBJ has shown he can match that at times.

The problem is Jordan's storyline is perfect. The young player struggling to beat the top teams of his generation, who had to get better and better as his team was doing the same. He finally breaks through and then he never stopped winning anymore. In a way I think his two year pause was great for him and the Bulls, because there was no way he'd have won 8 in a row.

By winning almost 6 in a row and then retiring, Jordan created an aura of almost complete invincibility around himself. History says that once Jordan figured it out, he never lost again until he retired. And while this required the good fortune of plenty of other circumstances, it will be almost impossible for any player to recreate a similar storyline. LeBron's already lost 3 finals, one in which he was heavily favorite and he pretty much didn't show up (2011) and one in which while the teams were thought to be somewhat equal they were completeley dismantled (2014). Those blemishes don't exist in Jordan's record. LeBron would have to win a threepeat with the Cavs or something like that to recreate a storyline to rival Jordan's I think.