PDA

View Full Version : Student Attacks Teacher for Confiscating His Cell Phone [VID]

Infinite_limit
01-25-2015, 05:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=PAnOIEYt0IM&x-yt-cl=84503534

Infinite_limit
01-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Avante

This kid gonna be a track star huh?

Infinite_limit
01-25-2015, 06:44 PM
http://www.northjersey.com/towns/paterson/paterson-freshman-charged-with-assault-after-classroom-attack-on-teacher-1.1239201

A ninth-grader at John F. Kennedy High School in Paterson was arrested Friday and charged with assaulting a teacher in a classroom.

The attack, captured on video, shows the teen slamming the 62-year-old educator to the floor in front of other students in an effort to get his cellphone back.

City school officials confirmed that criminal charges have been filed against the student, who has been suspended from school.

Someone in the classroom recorded the assault, which officials say took place at about 1 pm on Tuesday, and the video has been posted on YouTube.

The 23-second video shows the 16-year-old with his arms wrapped around the teacher, knocking him into an empty desk. The student then wrestles the teacher across the front of the classroom before slamming him to the floor. The teen then reaches down and wrests something from the teacher before breaking away when someone in the classroom yelled: “Security.”

The district filed a complaint against the student earlier this week, a spokes*woman said, and Paterson police said they arrested him at his home on Friday.

“We took a statement from the teacher today,” said Capt. Heriberto Rodriguez. “After that, we went out and found the juvenile and arrested him.” The teenager was charged with third-degree aggravated assault, the captain said.

David Cozart, principal of operations at JFK, said the incident happened during a physics class.

He said the teacher apparently confiscated the phone — which belonged to the assailant — from another student. The principal said students are allowed to use cellphones in class for academic purposes, but staff may take the devices and return them at the end of the day if students use them for other reasons.

District officials have not revealed the name of the teacher or student. Peter Tirri, president of the Paterson Education Association, the teachers union, said the teacher has worked in the district since 2003.

“Let me say that this is a very upsetting incident and certainly one that we take seriously as the safety of our students and staff is our top priority,” said Terry Corallo, district spokeswoman.

She said the student while on suspension will receive home instruction and a disciplinary hearing will determine “an appropriate, educational placement” for the rest of the school year.

“I’m disappointed I didn’t see any other kids in the classroom help [the teacher] out,” Tirri said about the events depicted in the short video. “Maybe they were afraid. I don’t know.”

“What strikes me is that the teacher never even defended himself,” said Lee McNulty, a retired JFK teacher who has been vocal recently with criticism about violence and disorder in the high school. “That just shows how much teachers are afraid of losing their job.”

“It’s troubling that in our society today students think that inside a school they can put their hands on each other and teachers as well,” said Jonathan Hodges, a veteran school board member. “I went online trying to find this video and I found numerous videos of teachers being attacked by their students.”

In press interviews last year, McNulty called JFK a chaotic place where fights were common.

But city education officials said they have improved conditions at JFK in the past few years.

“This district has worked extremely hard to provide a safe and caring environment for our students and our staff, and we have succeeded in this area,” Corallo said in a written statement. “The superintendent feels very confident in Mr. Cozart’s leadership and knows that Mr. Cozart will continue to work aggressively to ensure that the JFK building is a safe place for teachers to teach and for students to learn.”

DMX7
01-25-2015, 06:44 PM

I'm out.

Pauly D
01-25-2015, 06:57 PM
But, school choice would solve everything!!!! Lol anyone thinking the problem with education is the schools and not the clientele. Blacks act like animals and whites never think they should get below an A and it's the parents of those that put the fear into the schools. The beginning of the end was getting rid of corporal punishment. Not trolling there either

m>s
01-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Chumpdumper in 3,2,1...

Infinite_limit
01-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Chumpdumper in 3,2,1...
Why is everyone here blaming the child? The teacher stole his property (much the same way white males have stolen everything in history) and he was just trying to recover it. He didn't do anything wrong.

He is a member of an historically oppressed minority group. As such, we should interpret his behavior through a critical lens. He has been oppressed since birth, and his violent activity here must be put within the perspective of his oppression.

We need more money for after school programs. We need more awareness of white privilege and the systematic, institutionalized oppression of people of color.

Racists will probably try to spread this video to show the "violence of blacks." But the violence in the video was not the scuffle seen, it was the unseen victimization that this poor youth has undergone. It is living without a father because of a racist criminal justice system. It is living in a white supremacist society. His "outburst" was a mere reaction against such a discriminatory system.

If you believe in social justice, then praise this youth, don't condemn him. Condemn the white, ignorant, and bigoted "teacher" who thought it his prerogative to take and do as he pleases.

The era of privileged white men is ending. The era of tolerance, diversity, and multiculturalism has come.

m>s
01-25-2015, 07:36 PM
I know that's sattire but now I want to punch something

lefty
01-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Alpha Male tbh

If it was a white student, he would have been ok with it

:lol submissive white cucks

m>s
01-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Watch your cocksucker

Malik Hairston
01-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Taking the phone away was a stupid decision, tbh..

If the kid doesn't want to pay attention and learn, that's his own decision..the teacher is there to teach, not to parent..

Pauly D
01-25-2015, 10:08 PM
^your assuming the parents (or parent lol) wouldn't storm into the school going WHY MY BABY CANT GET NO EDUCATION?! WHY HE GOT DEES BUUULLSHIT GRADES AND HE ALWAYS GOTTA BE IN SUSPENSION?!?!! I KNOW SUMMA DIM OTHER STUDENTS BE DOIN DA SAME SHIT!

Oh, and you ever consider the fact that discipline is to avoid distraction for other students? People seem to not appreciate that. It's not just about him

Pauly D
01-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Since when the fuck did lefty go from little comic book fanboy to kool's and trill's lame bitch?

elmanutres
01-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Taking the phone away was a stupid decision, tbh..

If the kid doesn't want to pay attention and learn, that's his own decision..the teacher is there to teach, not to parent..

it's really not that easy. The general public has no fucking clue the shit teachers have to put up with. It's them against the world really. There really is no real teaching in schools. it's basically teaching to the test. The public and politicians think test scores is a good way of measuring student performance which is why NCLB was such a god dam disaster. This guy has to teach "if you see this word in the question, then you can scrach off b and d and you increase your chances of getting it right" instead teaching real stuff. And he has to do it cause then the school gets its funding cut if they don't pass enough kids. Its all in the name of "but muh test scores" for the higher ups and politicans. They are stupid enough to think standardized testing is a good way to measure a student. Kids are extremely unmotivated by this crap and most just ended up not giving a fuck cause no real teaching is done. In essence, yea, in most inner city schools the teacher is there to watch the kids for 9 hours a day, not teach. This guy has to take away the phone cause if he doesn't, an administrator might happen to walk in and hound on his ass for not confiscating it. We live in a society where 2 students can get into a fight and a teacher gets fired for breaking up the fight with a broom or gets fired because the security took to long to come and one of the kids got severely hurt. Either way, he's fucked regardless. Thats the shit teacher have to put up with. it pisses me off when people think teachers are the reason for failing schools.

Silver&Black
01-25-2015, 10:43 PM
If the kid doesn't want to pay attention and learn, that's his own decision..

:bang

Infinite_limit
01-25-2015, 10:46 PM
If student scores suffer, isn't the teachers position in jeopardy or school funds in question?

Meanwhile those wise Asians, that are soon coming for our homes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmvr-IfXc0

Malik Hairston
01-25-2015, 10:46 PM
^^:lol didn't actually watch the video, tbh, just getting my Trill on..

I agree with the American school system, that's what I grew up in, but the Canadian school system is much different IMO..Canadian teachers have one of the cushiest jobs in the country, they're getting paid more than lawyers in many cases, get a ton of days off, and most of them don't have to handle the inner city kids like the American schools I attended..

The difference between suburban schools and inner city schools is dramatic, tbh..I survived inner city American school, but I got expelled from my Canadian, suburban HS in my senior year:lol..to be honest, I "attacked" a teacher, too, but I don't regret it, I was young and he fucked me over..

spurraider21
01-26-2015, 01:26 AM
I "attacked" a teacher, too, but I don't regret it, I was young and he fucked me
might explain your anal fetishes you've posted about, tbh :lol

Wild Cobra
01-26-2015, 01:31 AM
Lemming alert:

^^:lol didn't actually watch the video, tbh, just getting my Trill on..

m>s
01-26-2015, 01:39 AM
Poor kid dindu nuffin

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 01:41 AM
might explain your anal fetishes you've posted about, tbh :lol

Good one, tbh..I don't have anal fetishes, not a fan, though..

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 01:45 AM
When I was 16, I missed 3 weeks of school with Mono, tbh..I returned to school, and my Science teacher told me I could catch up, but he didn't save any of my assignments..he told me he would get it for me after, though..I kept asking him, and he never did, so I just assumed he would grade me based on the culminating tasks and final exam..

After the final exam, on the last day of class, this nigga(some skinny, Polish man) gave me a failing grade, due to the missed assignments:lmao..so I threw the garbage bin and all it's garbage at him and he ran out of the class..I got suspended for 5 days..

So, essentially, I got suspended for the teacher being an asshole..that's what happens when you're a minority in this world, tbh..

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 01:54 AM
Oh ya, and the next year, I was fighting with a friend of mine(African man) in class, it wasn't serious, just sparring a little..

The cuck teacher tries to break it up, which is fine, we told him we weren't serious, but it's his class, so that's cool..nothing happens, he sends us to the principal's office..then apparently he told the principal that we threw punches at him(:lmao) and I got a 3-day suspension and my man got 5 days(for talking shit)..we had an entire class that was willing to back our story up, but the admins didn't listen, of course..

Just life as a minority in school, as we saw in the video..these teachers bait you to react, 16-17 year olds with testosterone and emotion running through them, and then the kids get in trouble for it..

m>s
01-26-2015, 02:08 AM
No one forced you to come to a white country? Leave If it's so bad. Whites have been treated pretty badly in some African countries and you don't see me moving there.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2015, 03:35 AM
When I was 16, I missed 3 weeks of school with Mono, tbh..I returned to school, and my Science teacher told me I could catch up, but he didn't save any of my assignments..he told me he would get it for me after, though..I kept asking him, and he never did, so I just assumed he would grade me based on the culminating tasks and final exam..

After the final exam, on the last day of class, this nigga(some skinny, Polish man) gave me a failing grade, due to the missed assignments:lmao..so I threw the garbage bin and all it's garbage at him and he ran out of the class..I got suspended for 5 days..

So, essentially, I got suspended for the teacher being an asshole..that's what happens when you're a minority in this world, tbh..
Almost as credible as "my dog ate my homework!"

cantthinkofanything
01-26-2015, 09:23 AM
There are some facts from that article that should give one pause before condemning this child. He's a 16 year old freshman. I assume that he was held back a year initially or has failed a year of school. This probably makes him the oldest in the class and therefore very self conscious. He's been teased by the younger kids and is left confused and angry. Someone else got his cellphone taken away and he just wants it back. He cannot help that he is that big and strong.

Also, he's an African American taking a physics class. He should be given kudos (props) for trying to learn something that is normally best suited for Whites and Asians. Instead, he gets made fun of and gets his property taken away by a teacher who is offended by the child's ambition.

Brazil
01-26-2015, 10:27 AM
If the teacher had a gun, problem would have been solved tbh

cantthinkofanything
01-26-2015, 10:29 AM
If the teacher had a gun, problem would have been solved tbh

if the student had a father, problem would have been solved

DJR210
01-26-2015, 10:32 AM
I used to troll teachers hard..I'm surprised I didn't get attacked.

Brazil
01-26-2015, 10:36 AM
if the student had a father, problem would have been solved

:lol that's the European way to solve issues... it's a Murica story here

Trill Clinton
01-26-2015, 10:59 AM
didn't watch the vid but let me guess, teacher(grown ass man) gets his ass beat and gets punked by a lil ass kid, maybe 14 or 15? am i close?

you cacs gone learn to stop trying to physically intimidate people. the shit doesn't work. as we've seen these past years, y'all cant win in hand to hand combat.

cantthinkofanything
01-26-2015, 11:14 AM
didn't watch the vid but let me guess, teacher(grown ass man) gets his ass beat and gets punked by a lil ass kid, maybe 14 or 15? am i close?

you cacs gone learn to stop trying to physically intimidate people. the shit doesn't work. as we've seen these past years, y'all cant win in hand to hand combat.

you're stereotyping

it's a video of a caring senior citizen teacher being beaten up by a raging man child because man child placed more importance on a cell phone than an education

DarrinS
01-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Future inmate, tbh

Wild Cobra
01-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Future inmate, tbh
Yep. Too bad there is no sure way to instill respect among these prison fairy wannabes.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Avante

This kid gonna be a track star huh?

Maybe a future JailBlazer?

http://elitedaily.com/sports/where-the-hell-are-the-portland-jail-blazers/

Pelicans78
01-26-2015, 12:29 PM
http://www.educationnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/No-Child-Left-Behind.jpg

spurraider21
01-26-2015, 12:31 PM
people here acting like confiscating a phone in a classroom environment is unheard of, or even theft :lol

Wild Cobra
01-26-2015, 12:33 PM
people here acting like confiscating a phone in a classroom environment is unheard of, or even theft :lol

I remember all throughout school, teachers confiscating something till the end of class. I agree. Nothing new.

Infinite_limit
01-26-2015, 01:34 PM
I remember all throughout school, teachers confiscating something till the end of class. I agree. Nothing new.
One of my teachers threatened to confiscate for the rest of the semester

RD2191
01-26-2015, 01:40 PM
I used to troll teachers hard..I'm surprised I didn't get attacked.

DarrinS
01-26-2015, 01:42 PM

Back in my day, it was a Sony Walkman (cassette player).

Nbadan
01-26-2015, 11:43 PM
The really sad part is that if the teacher had defended himself, the parents of this piece of trash would have sued the district..

Trill Clinton
01-26-2015, 11:55 PM
Finally watched the vid. My thoughts :

Black student feels disrespected, punk teacher and gets suspended.

White student feels disrespected, they shoot up the school.

Video doesn't move me.

spurraider21
01-27-2015, 12:07 AM
Finally watched the vid. My thoughts :

Black student feels disrespected, punk teacher and gets suspended.

White student feels disrespected, they shoot up the school.

Video doesn't move me.
how did you get that from watching the video?

Wild Cobra
01-27-2015, 12:28 AM
The really sad part is that if the teacher had defended himself, the parents of this piece of trash would have sued the district..

One of the few times I agree with you Dan.

Wild Cobra
01-27-2015, 12:29 AM
how did you get that from watching the video?

Easy.

He has bias and preconceived notions from being the bigot be is.

daslicer
01-27-2015, 01:47 AM
Back in my day it was gameboys and hats that got confiscated by the teachers but you always got it back after class so it wasn't a big deal. I wonder how long this teacher was going to keep his phone if it was just until the end of class then the kids is truly a dumbass.

InRareForm
01-27-2015, 01:54 AM
video is down

daslicer
01-27-2015, 02:06 AM
video is down

Here it is

4LDM_AWcb6c