PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: How are they still allowed to be in the NBA

ImDaNuts
01-25-2015, 10:01 PM
:lol:lol:lol Joke franchise

Malik Hairston
01-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Have to respect their front office IMO, this year has been one of the most impressive tank jobs you'll ever see..

They managed to continue to sell tickets and convinced their fans that they were going to attempt to be competitive:lol..

ImDaNuts
01-25-2015, 10:12 PM
Jeremy Lin is absolutely awful.

sook
01-25-2015, 10:14 PM
:lol k, this is pretty bad.

Chris
01-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Rockets are a very good team tbh

sook
01-25-2015, 10:19 PM
James Harden is a very good team tbh

midnightpulp
01-25-2015, 10:20 PM
Scratching my arms to the epidermis here. I need my Kobe missed shots fix!

midnightpulp
01-25-2015, 10:24 PM
The tanking is blatant now. :lol

sook
01-25-2015, 10:25 PM
see, this rocket team outside of Harden isn't too good either. Missing easy layups :lol

Dude should take like every shot

sook
01-25-2015, 10:35 PM
Capella's first basket in the NBA is for the opposite team :lmao

At this point, James needs to just take like 70% of the shots, if you get your teammates bunnies and they still miss thats all there is to do.

ImDaNuts
01-25-2015, 10:40 PM
Harden is literally toying with them.

midnightpulp
01-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Capella's first basket in the NBA is for the opposite team :lmao

At this point, James needs to just take like 70% of the shots, if you get your teammates bunnies and they still miss thats all there is to do.

He should have like 15 assists.

HemisfairArena
01-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Randle breaks his leg,,,Kobrick tears his rotator cuff. I don't know why they are tanking,,,,who ever they pick is destined to be injured or a bust. The bag has conquered these bitches.

sook
01-25-2015, 10:58 PM
He should have like 15 assists.

my fantasy team is weeping.

sook
01-25-2015, 11:07 PM
another blown dunk. How has James not punched Ariza in the face yet? I could have made those buckets right there.

spurraider21
01-25-2015, 11:17 PM
Clarkson, Ellington, Kelly, Hill, Sacre... the Sixers literally have a better starting 5

Silver&Black
01-25-2015, 11:22 PM
Why doesn't MVswaggyP start?

:lmao Nobody in the world can guard me one-on-one
:lmao right arm strictly for buckets

Venti Quattro
01-25-2015, 11:23 PM
Why did the NBA allow the sale of the Supersonics to Oklahoma?

:lol Oklahoma
:lol stolen franchise
:lol meth
:lol Timothy McVeigh

ImDaNuts
01-25-2015, 11:39 PM
Gook Lin with more turnovers and missed FTs.

Killakobe81
01-26-2015, 12:46 AM
Jeremy Lin is absolutely awful.

He is good, Amb said so 35 plus win team according to some residents geniuses ...worst guard and small forward rotation in NBA tbh

Killakobe81
01-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Clarkson, Ellington, Kelly, Hill, Sacre... the Sixers literally have a better starting 5

I said that earlier too ... But Amb disagreed, lol

Splits
01-26-2015, 12:59 AM
Why did the NBA allow the sale of the Supersonics to Oklahoma?

:lol Oklahoma
:lol stolen franchise
:lol meth
:lol Timothy McVeigh

http://i3.minus.com/jbuc376b23EEs_e.jpg

http://i.minus.com/iDpQfyxk3oF39.gif

http://i4.minus.com/j5on83cc82JyC_e.jpg

Don't forget the tornadoes. Dem Tornadoes...

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/130520232945-ap-22-oklahoma-city-tornado-0520-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Thebesteva
01-26-2015, 01:07 AM
OP is right tbh, this is fucking ridiculous. It's one thing to fall from grace, its another to be a team that couldnt compete in the WNBA. This all stems from the decisions that Jim Buss has made. As long as he is at helm, Lakers are going to be horrendous.

Donkeybong
01-26-2015, 02:03 AM
OP is right tbh, this is fucking ridiculous. It's one thing to fall from grace, its another to be a team that couldnt compete in the WNBA. This all stems from the decisions that Jim Buss has made. As long as he is at helm, Lakers are going to be horrendous.

Honestly, it stems down from the blocked CP3 trade. I knew it was going to affect our franchise, but I didn't think it would fucking destroy it for years to come.

Thebesteva
01-26-2015, 03:47 AM
Honestly, it stems down from the blocked CP3 trade. I knew it was going to affect our franchise, but I didn't think it would fucking destroy it for years to come.

Im not going to downplay the CP3 block. It was pretty bad, but this is where Laker fans are bullshitting themselves if they think that is why we're here today. KoMe wasnt going to let CP3 do his thing. He would have made CP3 his bitch and Howard would have left anyway, so CP3 wouldnt work in LA.

Also, CP3 is an epic choker so its not like we missed out on Lebron in 2010 or something. With that said, this stems from 3 main reasons

1) Passing on Phil Jackson: The way it was done, it was dirty, then blaming it on a dying Jerry Buss like he made the call was even dirtier. Guys like John Ireland should be fired for putting it on Jerry Buss as he was months away from dying and rumor had it he was in NO shape to even analyze basketball.

2) Kobe contract: Dr. Buss would have shipped Kobe's old shitbag ass out of the Lakers, gotten some great pieces and started the rebuilding process already. After 10 years, he would have a Kobe statue outside and still sell Kobe memorabilia and make huge profits out of it. Jim Buss panicked as did Jeannie Buss. They gave KoMe a huge contract and it set this franchise into a great depression that has not been seen in Lakers history

3) The BEGGING: Before the midseason, Golden State offered several picks, some youth + Klay for a Dwight Howard trade. Thank God for them it didnt work out, but had the Lakers taken that, we would be a few years closer to getting through the rebuilding phase. We havent even STARTED the rebuilding phase.

01-26-2015, 03:53 AM
Im not going to downplay the CP3 block. It was pretty bad, but this is where Laker fans are bullshitting themselves if they think that is why we're here today. KoMe wasnt going to let CP3 do his thing. He would have made CP3 his bitch and Howard would have left anyway, so CP3 wouldnt work in LA.

Also, CP3 is an epic choker so its not like we missed out on Lebron in 2010 or something. With that said, this stems from 3 main reasons

1) Passing on Phil Jackson: The way it was done, it was dirty, then blaming it on a dying Jerry Buss like he made the call was even dirtier. Guys like John Ireland should be fired for putting it on Jerry Buss as he was months away from dying and rumor had it he was in NO shape to even analyze basketball.

2) Kobe contract: Dr. Buss would have shipped Kobe's old shitbag ass out of the Lakers, gotten some great pieces and started the rebuilding process already. After 10 years, he would have a Kobe statue outside and still sell Kobe memorabilia and make huge profits out of it. Jim Buss panicked as did Jeannie Buss. They gave KoMe a huge contract and it set this franchise into a great depression that has not been seen in Lakers history

3) The BEGGING: Before the midseason, Golden State offered several picks, some youth + Klay for a Dwight Howard trade. Thank God for them it didnt work out, but had the Lakers taken that, we would be a few years closer to getting through the rebuilding phase. We havent even STARTED the rebuilding phase.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. And with Jeanie at the helm, it might take a while to recover :lol

midnightpulp
01-26-2015, 03:59 AM

That "blocked trade" saved your franchise, at least at the time. The Lakers were going to gut their championship core for Chris Paul and the "hope" that they could pair him with Dwight Howard.

Where the Lakers set themselves back is giving up the farm for Steve Nash. Then they failed to get anything for a disgruntled Dwight Howard who obviously had one foot out the door by that season's All Star break. They got nothing for Gasol, who was their most valuable asset last season.

Raven
01-26-2015, 08:01 AM
do you guys remember, how hard they were waiting for the last free agency period? :lmao retooling to be a bottom 3 team in the league :lmao

ambchang
01-26-2015, 11:35 AM
He is good, Amb said so 35 plus win team according to some residents geniuses ...worst guard and small forward rotation in NBA tbh

I said that earlier too ... But Amb disagreed, lol

Could have been:
Davis
Hill
Boozer
Young
Lin

With Johnson, Ellington, Price and Sacre coming off the bench.

Not a championship contender or even a playoff team, but 30 to 35 win team for sure. Hell, they are on a 30-win pace NOW, with Scott as their coach and Kobe putting up his -0.4 OWS and -1.1 DBPM.

Killakobe81
01-26-2015, 11:46 AM
Could have been:
Davis
Hill
Boozer
Young
Lin

With Johnson, Ellington, Price and Sacre coming off the bench.

Not a championship contender or even a playoff team, but 30 to 35 win team for sure. Hell, they are on a 30-win pace NOW, with Scott as their coach and Kobe putting up his -0.4 OWS and -1.1 DBPM.

Wait, what? First no way this team wins 30 games. As the games start to matter teams that slept on us and let us win ...won't. We beat GSW, Rox and Spurs we have no business beating any of the 3.
now Kobe is gone.

So based on the fact we are solid as you say and are on pace for 30 wins with Kobe and Kobe's negative contributions are removed ...
Then shouldn't we win over the 30 you expected/predicted?

Go out on a limb and dont use Byron as an excuse Kobe is gone. Why cant this team win 30 games, aMb?

DPG21920
01-26-2015, 11:53 AM
So Killa finally admitting that the Laker fan base is the dumbest (as a whole, not every fan) in the NBA like I've said for years. These dummies were talking title hopes and playoffs and bought into Byron and Kobe trying to win :lol

Clipper Nation
01-26-2015, 12:03 PM
:cry "We weren't allowed to trade absolute garbage for another team's best player for once... franchise ruined!" :cry

In reality, you were fucked as soon as Fredo took over.

Killakobe81
01-26-2015, 12:05 PM
So Killa finally admitting that the Laker fan base is the dumbest (as a whole, not every fan) in the NBA like I've said for years. These dummies were talking title hopes and playoffs and bought into Byron and Kobe trying to win :lol

Deeps. I dont speak for the Laker fanbase I speak out for myself. I dont think it's the dumbest but since it's largest of course we have more dumb fans we also have more smart fans too. To suggest otherwise is silly. For example, since winning titles Spurs have a lot more bandwaggon fans but should we judge the base by those guys.

As for the Lakers I told my closest Laker friends/family I wanst sure about Byron. Not because I think you need to be analytics nerd or 3 point proponent to coach ...
I just felt that a rebuild and tank was in order and felt Like the Celts we should have got a young coach to go with a young team. Problem is Lakers FO did not want to embrace the tank and we had Kobe.

And I dont get where the "finally" comes from. I have been saying we were not contenders going back to 2012 and 2013 even with Dwight. I advocated the tank last year and this one .... Not sure what everyone else saw but I did not see it a chance to even win the 35 that Amb is bullshittin' about.

ambchang
01-26-2015, 12:09 PM
Wait, what? First no way this team wins 30 games. As the games start to matter teams that slept on us and let us win ...won't. We beat GSW, Rox and Spurs we have no business beating any of the 3.

You can discount wins to satisfy your criteria. You either win or you don't.

now Kobe is gone.

This actually helps the Lakers win. Both stats and what transpired showed it.

So based on the fact we are solid as you say and are on pace for 30 wins with Kobe and Kobe's negative contributions are removed ...
Then shouldn't we win over the 30 you expected/predicted?

Go out on a limb and dont use Byron as an excuse Kobe is gone. Why cant this team win 30 games, aMb?

This team should win 30 games. The ONLY reason is that the Lakers will go all full obvious tank and start playing players who shouldn't be playing. The Lakers are getting more and more obvious about the tank, let's see what comes out of it.

And why is Byron not a reason (not excuse). He is known to be a horrible coach, and has made all kinds of decisions that baffles my mind. He either is really THAT bad as a coach, or he is going full on tank without even trying to hide it.

Killakobe81
01-26-2015, 12:20 PM
You can discount wins to satisfy your criteria. You either win or you don't.

This actually helps the Lakers win. Both stats and what transpired showed it.

This team should win 30 games. The ONLY reason is that the Lakers will go all full obvious tank and start playing players who shouldn't be playing. The Lakers are getting more and more obvious about the tank, let's see what comes out of it.

And why is Byron not a reason (not excuse). He is known to be a horrible coach, and has made all kinds of decisions that baffles my mind. He either is really THAT bad as a coach, or he is going full on tank without even trying to hide it.

What stats the only stat that matters is they havent won a game since the rotator cuff and are now on a season high losing streak. Kobe was not playing well maybe it's the injury maybe he is just "done" but you said above they were on a 30 plus win pace Kobe being gone as you said should help them win ... so lets see it play out.

Maybe he is tanking maybe he just sucks. But I agree with you Byron should be factored in so again how were we ever gonna win 30-35 games with or without Kobe? Now that he is hurt what do you gain by overestimating a shitty roster? I know you were going with the whole "cancer" narrative but he is out so it doesnt matter anymore so stop the bullshit the roster is trash.

ambchang
01-26-2015, 01:04 PM
What stats the only stat that matters is they havent won a game since the rotator cuff and are now on a season high losing streak. Kobe was not playing well maybe it's the injury maybe he is just "done" but you said above they were on a 30 plus win pace Kobe being gone as you said should help them win ... so lets see it play out.

Buddy, they played two games since the injury, once vs. the Spurs (struggling, but defending champs nonetheless) and once vs. the Rockets (Pretender, but one of the better teams in the league). Any 30-win pace team is likely going to lose both.

Saying they are a 30-win team is different from saying that they are a playoff team is different from saying they are a contender. A contender would be expected to win one of those two games, a playoff caliber team would have played well to win one of the two, and a 30 win team would have been playing out of its mind (or get lucky) to win one of those two games.

Maybe he is tanking maybe he just sucks. But I agree with you Byron should be factored in so again how were we ever gonna win 30-35 games with or without Kobe? Now that he is hurt what do you gain by overestimating a shitty roster? I know you were going with the whole "cancer" narrative but he is out so it doesnt matter anymore so stop the bullshit the roster is trash.[/QUOTE]

No, I say the Lakers have the talent to win 30 games, and coaching was most definitely a factor. Scott is dragging them down for sure.

Horse
01-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Why doesn't MVswaggyP start?

:lmao Nobody in the world can guard me one-on-one
:lmao right arm strictly for buckets
Nick young is a TERRIBLE basketball player.

Killakobe81
01-26-2015, 02:06 PM
Buddy, they played two games since the injury, once vs. the Spurs (struggling, but defending champs nonetheless) and once vs. the Rockets (Pretender, but one of the better teams in the league). Any 30-win pace team is likely going to lose both.

Saying they are a 30-win team is different from saying that they are a playoff team is different from saying they are a contender. A contender would be expected to win one of those two games, a playoff caliber team would have played well to win one of the two, and a 30 win team would have been playing out of its mind (or get lucky) to win one of those two games.

Maybe he is tanking maybe he just sucks. But I agree with you Byron should be factored in so again how were we ever gonna win 30-35 games with or without Kobe? Now that he is hurt what do you gain by overestimating a shitty roster? I know you were going with the whole "cancer" narrative but he is out so it doesnt matter anymore so stop the bullshit the roster is trash.

No, I say the Lakers have the talent to win 30 games, and coaching was most definitely a factor. Scott is dragging them down for sure.[/QUOTE]

But Kobe didn't play in all the games even before his injury and they lost most of those too my point being is the roster still blows Kobe or Byron or not ...coaching does matter I agree but Pop wasnt winning with this roster either ....if course now you can say we are tanking instead of just admitting you were wrong ...But I already spent to much time discussing something I said I would no longer do with you got me ...But I'm done.

Btw This roster sux so that is why I am not calling for Scott to be fired

ambchang
01-26-2015, 03:41 PM
No, I say the Lakers have the talent to win 30 games, and coaching was most definitely a factor. Scott is dragging them down for sure.

But Kobe didn't play in all the games even before his injury and they lost most of those too my point being is the roster still blows Kobe or Byron or not ...coaching does matter I agree but Pop wasnt winning with this roster either ....if course now you can say we are tanking instead of just admitting you were wrong ...But I already spent to much time discussing something I said I would no longer do with you got me ...But I'm done.

Btw This roster sux so that is why I am not calling for Scott to be fired[/QUOTE]

Because Kobe picks and chooses the teams he plays against. It's smart of Kobe to do it because it makes him look good, especially with that 1-9 or whatever start the Lakers had at the beginning of the season.

The teams Kobe chose not to play against:
GSW
CHI
POR x 2
DAL
ORL
UTA
PHO

The only bad teams were UTA and ORL (out of 8 games), 2 elite teams, and 4 playoff teams. The Lakers, with or without Kobe, had a realistic chance of winning two of those games. They won 2 (GSW and ORL)

Compared to the teams he played against?
PHO
DEN
MEM
IND
LAC
MIA
CLE (while it was struggling)
NOP

3 bad teams out of 8 games, 1 elite team (that's being nice to MEM), and 4 playoff teams (but that's MIA, CLE, PHO and LAC a opposed to POR, DAL and PHO). The Lakers, with or without Kobe, had a realistic chance of winning 3 of those games. They won 2.

Killakobe81
01-26-2015, 04:11 PM

Btw This roster sux so that is why I am not calling for Scott to be fired

Because Kobe picks and chooses the teams he plays against. It's smart of Kobe to do it because it makes him look good, especially with that 1-9 or whatever start the Lakers had at the beginning of the season.

The teams Kobe chose not to play against:
GSW
CHI
POR x 2
DAL
ORL
UTA
PHO

The only bad teams were UTA and ORL (out of 8 games), 2 elite teams, and 4 playoff teams. The Lakers, with or without Kobe, had a realistic chance of winning two of those games. They won 2 (GSW and ORL)

Compared to the teams he played against?
PHO
DEN
MEM
IND
LAC
MIA
CLE (while it was struggling)
NOP

3 bad teams out of 8 games, 1 elite team (that's being nice to MEM), and 4 playoff teams (but that's MIA, CLE, PHO and LAC a opposed to POR, DAL and PHO). The Lakers, with or without Kobe, had a realistic chance of winning 3 of those games. They won 2.[/QUOTE]

Why are you looking for reasons why Kobe played or not? Really why are you THIS obsessed with this dude, seriously? Like you said earlier they won the games they won. Period. LOL Talk about revisionist and selective history He played against Cavs (IIRC) during the start of their longest win streak of the season ...only reason I am still responding is to show you how full of shit you are. He is injured and was injured before the reveal of the tear but I wont make any excuses and besides I am sure you believe he made that up to ...stick to the win shares or FG% but stop with the bullshit Amb ... there are plenty of facts to use to slam Kobe you dont have to make up shit or elevate shitty team-mates. At least with Pau you had something. This just makes you seem like a shitty troll or clouds the fact you actually know hoops despite your overrating of Pau and Moses Malone when not discussing Kobe It's sad. someone joked when Kobe is done you may run out of material I thought funny but now I am wondering if there is some truth to it cuz you hanging on for dear life ....

ambchang
01-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Why are you looking for reasons why Kobe played or not? Really why are you THIS obsessed with this dude, seriously? Like you said earlier they won the games they won. Period. LOL Talk about revisionist and selective history He played against Cavs (IIRC) during the start of their longest win streak of the season ...only reason I am still responding is to show you how full of shit you are. He is injured and was injured before the reveal of the tear but I wont make any excuses and besides I am sure you believe he made that up to ...stick to the win shares or FG% but stop with the bullshit Amb ... there are plenty of facts to use to slam Kobe you dont have to make up shit or elevate shitty team-mates. At least with Pau you had something. This just makes you seem like a shitty troll or clouds the fact you actually know hoops despite your overrating of Pau and Moses Malone when not discussing Kobe It's sad. someone joked when Kobe is done you may run out of material I thought funny but now I am wondering if there is some truth to it cuz you hanging on for dear life ....

You are having things mixed up.

Your assertion is that the Lakers won games because teams slip up. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether I expect a team to win 30 games or not, because my expectations already factored in things like those. After watching so much basketball games, we both know that there are games that a team should easily win but didn't, and vice versa.

However, Kobe selecting easy opponents to play is another entirely different matter.

Kobe is injured before? I have serious doubts about that assertion. ElNono predicted at the START of the season that Kobe would shut it down mid season, then claim he was injured all along. We all knew this was coming, because it's the same script for the last few years. It makes ZERO chance for the Lakers to play Kobe this season if he was injured. None. Before the "injury", it was Kobe's knees were hurting :cry, and now, it turned out his shoulder was hurting all along. I am shocked that someone who appears to be so intelligent otherwise can believe in this clear marketing bull.

The Lakers are a horrible team, and that's why they would win 30 games. I am predicting the Lakers to be WORSE than Utah and Orlando, and just marginally better than Philly, which is one of the worst rosters in the history of the league with a not so hidden plan of tanking year after year. I don't know what universe you live in, but a 30-win team is a pretty bad team. The Pistons won 29 games last year. Only 3 teams won less than 30 games last year in the WC last year - Utah, LAL and Kings, and only Utah was significantly off. The Lakers are bad, but PHI, Wolves are worse. I expected the Knicks to be bad, but honestly no where close to this bad. I thought they'd win about 30 games or so as well.

As for MVPau, the guy is great, look at him this year, putting up MVPau numbers again.

Moses is one of the best ever, criminally underrated. His biggest problem is that he talks like the Sasquatch, and never really marketed himself. Don't hold a grudge against him for making Kareem his pet. Hakeem did the same and I see no ill will you have against him, perhaps it was because the league broke that HOU team up for you (don't forget the Mavs too).

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 05:28 PM
The tanking is blatant now. :lol:)

ElNono
01-26-2015, 05:50 PM
Kobe is injured before? I have serious doubts about that assertion. ElNono predicted at the START of the season that Kobe would shut it down mid season, then claim he was injured all along. We all knew this was coming, because it's the same script for the last few years. It makes ZERO chance for the Lakers to play Kobe this season if he was injured. None. Before the "injury", it was Kobe's knees were hurting :cry, and now, it turned out his shoulder was hurting all along. I am shocked that someone who appears to be so intelligent otherwise can believe in this clear marketing bull.

You'll also notice he will never be the guy that says he's hurt. They have this rehearsed so well, it's always somebody "with intimate knowledge of the team", ie: publicist spreads the rumor, and it gets picked up by some "inside" reporter, in this case Ramona.

Vino has just become too predictable in his manipulation of the media, tbh... once a great asset, he overplayed his hand.

scanry
01-26-2015, 08:06 PM
killa and arm are at it again. Keep the essays short fellows.

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 12:56 AM
You are having things mixed up.

Your assertion is that the Lakers won games because teams slip up. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether I expect a team to win 30 games or not, because my expectations already factored in things like those. After watching so much basketball games, we both know that there are games that a team should easily win but didn't, and vice versa.

However, Kobe selecting easy opponents to play is another entirely different matter.

The Lakers are a horrible team, and that's why they would win 30 games. I am predicting the Lakers to be WORSE than Utah and Orlando, and just marginally better than Philly, which is one of the worst rosters in the history of the league with a not so hidden plan of tanking year after year. I don't know what universe you live in, but a 30-win team is a pretty bad team. The Pistons won 29 games last year. Only 3 teams won less than 30 games last year in the WC last year - Utah, LAL and Kings, and only Utah was significantly off. The Lakers are bad, but PHI, Wolves are worse. I expected the Knicks to be bad, but honestly no where close to this bad. I thought they'd win about 30 games or so as well.

As for MVPau, the guy is great, look at him this year, putting up MVPau numbers again.

Moses is one of the best ever, criminally underrated. His biggest problem is that he talks like the Sasquatch, and never really marketed himself. Don't hold a grudge against him for making Kareem his pet. Hakeem did the same and I see no ill will you have against him, perhaps it was because the league broke that HOU team up for you (don't forget the Mavs too).

You quoting El no disrespect to him is the same as me quoting Harlem weeks back ...You dismissed that so why I should I give a shit what one troll says about Kobe when you dismissed one who knows as much hoops as Harlem? But thanks for the diatribe.

ambchang
01-27-2015, 07:49 AM
You quoting El no disrespect to him is the same as me quoting Harlem weeks back ...You dismissed that so why I should I give a shit what one troll says about Kobe when you dismissed one who knows as much hoops as Harlem? But thanks for the diatribe.

Forgot what I dismissed about Harlem, but I disagree about him knowing much hoops. He contradicts himself constantly.

I quote el because it was so funny and everybody thought so because it's true. Then, it became true.

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 09:22 AM
Forgot what I dismissed about Harlem, but I disagree about him knowing much hoops. He contradicts himself constantly.

I quote el because it was so funny and everybody thought so because it's true. Then, it became true.

A player with 19 years in the league, coming off a career threatening injury got hurt? Same player who finished the previous two years hurt? Wow what a freaking genius prediction? What else did El predict? Lebron would be in the MVP race? Wiggins would ROTY? That the Seahawks would have a great defense? Coach K would win 1,000 games this year? The Patriots would cheat?

El you got some lotto numbers for me?

ambchang
01-27-2015, 10:13 AM
A player with 19 years in the league, coming off a career threatening injury got hurt? Same player who finished the previous two years hurt? Wow what a freaking genius prediction? What else did El predict? Lebron would be in the MVP race? Wiggins would ROTY? That the Seahawks would have a great defense? Coach K would win 1,000 games this year? The Patriots would cheat?

You are now totally off your rockers. The point of that post wasn't about kobe getting hurt, it's about him getting "hurt" and the PR spin that comes out of it.

In a way, it is as easy to predict as Lebron being in the MVP race.

As for the lotto number prediction, you missed the whole point by a mile. The funny part is that el is not clairvoyant but he still nailed the entire sequence of events to a T, especially the PR part.

I am shocked you actually believed it and ate it up. You sound more intelligent than that.

Really, the more you argue, the more it illustrates my point that kobe is delusional and his fans more so.

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 11:17 AM
You are now totally off your rockers. The point of that post wasn't about kobe getting hurt, it's about him getting "hurt" and the PR spin that comes out of it.

In a way, it is as easy to predict as Lebron being in the MVP race.

As for the lotto number prediction, you missed the whole point by a mile. The funny part is that el is not clairvoyant but he still nailed the entire sequence of events to a T, especially the PR part.

I am shocked you actually believed it and ate it up. You sound more intelligent than that.

Really, the more you argue, the more it illustrates my point that kobe is delusional and his fans more so.

No I didn't miss any of that just showing what a stupid argument you made in the context of our discussion. Again maybe you shouldn't discuss hoops with me because you follow up solid stats with bullshit conjecture and mindset analysis I know Kobe is faking injury cuz CN and El called it ...Great argument, Amb ...solid stuff.

ambchang
01-27-2015, 11:42 AM
No I didn't miss any of that just showing what a stupid argument you made in the context of our discussion. Again maybe you shouldn't discuss hoops with me because you follow up solid stats with bullshit conjecture and mindset analysis I know Kobe is faking injury cuz CN and El called it ...Great argument, Amb ...solid stuff.

If you can't tell this is all a PR move, then I feel pity for you.

To wit: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12216272/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-stop-pretending-now

He'd partially torn the rotator cuff in the preseason and had been managing the injury all along.

This is now being stated as fact by the press, which in itself is hilarious. Kobe's been doing this warrior facade since 2005, always saying how tough he is without saying how tough he is by relying on the press to do it. It's like he's the only player in the history of the league who plays with these little nicks and pain. Duncan is 38 years old, you think he is pain free the whole year and not tired in the playoffs? Manu is 36 with a lot of miles on him, but you NEVER hear about what a warrior they are. Robinson played with hip pointers the later half of his career guarding Shaq 1 on 1 in the paint and was called soft, Duncan played on two swollen ankles for half a year + playoffs in 2005 to a title, and yet nobody ever talks about Duncan being tough.

Doc Rivers spat a tooth out and continued playing in the playoffs. That's tough. John Starks snapped his finger back in place after dislocating it in a game, that's tough. Spreading rumors about playing with an injury all season long whenever he plays poorly, and then suddenness being fine when he strung together a few good games is not. There are no solid stats on these things, because there just can't be, but there are clear patterns built up over a decade. It's clear to anyone except the most delusional Kobestans.

BTW, just because something is not backed up by stats doesn't mean it's wrong.

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 11:48 AM
If you can't tell this is all a PR move, then I feel pity for you.

To wit: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12216272/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-stop-pretending-now

This is now being stated as fact by the press, which in itself is hilarious. Kobe's been doing this warrior facade since 2005, always saying how tough he is without saying how tough he is by relying on the press to do it. It's like he's the only player in the history of the league who plays with these little nicks and pain. Duncan is 38 years old, you think he is pain free the whole year and not tired in the playoffs? Manu is 36 with a lot of miles on him, but you NEVER hear about what a warrior they are. Robinson played with hip pointers the later half of his career guarding Shaq 1 on 1 in the paint and was called soft, Duncan played on two swollen ankles for half a year + playoffs in 2005 to a title, and yet nobody ever talks about Duncan being tough.

Doc Rivers spat a tooth out and continued playing in the playoffs. That's tough. John Starks snapped his finger back in place after dislocating it in a game, that's tough. Spreading rumors about playing with an injury all season long whenever he plays poorly, and then suddenness being fine when he strung together a few good games is not. There are no solid stats on these things, because there just can't be, but there are clear patterns built up over a decade. It's clear to anyone except the most delusional Kobestans.

BTW, just because something is not backed up by stats doesn't mean it's wrong.

It's all good, Amb despite our disagreements I still have some respect for you you can call me pathetic whatever. I just dont feel the need in to digging in to stuff like this you do and that is fine. I consider THAT pathetic or at the very least feminine, but I know that gets your skirt ruffled so I will leave it be. Like I said earlier you NEED Kobe so have at it ...and I agree stats never tell the whole story argue that all the time but digging for shit to fit your own agenda? That is not good either. Let's go back to not discussing Rotator cuff ... shall we? My only issue with you now (but of course you make this about Kobe as ALWAYS) is that this Laker team sucks. At least my boy Deeps admits that and slams Kobe for his own faults not made up ones ... I respect that and dont want to lose what respect I have left for you.

ambchang
01-27-2015, 12:48 PM
It's all good, Amb despite our disagreements I still have some respect for you you can call me pathetic whatever. I just dont feel the need in to digging in to stuff like this you do and that is fine. I consider THAT pathetic or at the very least feminine, but I know that gets your skirt ruffled so I will leave it be. Like I said earlier you NEED Kobe so have at it ...and I agree stats never tell the whole story argue that all the time but digging for shit to fit your own agenda? That is not good either. Let's go back to not discussing Rotator cuff ... shall we? My only issue with you now (but of course you make this about Kobe as ALWAYS) is that this Laker team sucks. At least my boy Deeps admits that and slams Kobe for his own faults not made up ones ... I respect that and dont want to lose what respect I have left for you.

You got me all wrong. I don't go wake up one day and start randomly finding things to disparage Kobe. I make observations throughout my basketball watching life, and when incorrect statements are made that contradicts my observations (Robinson is soft, Kobe is a top 10 player, Lebron > Jordan, 90s ball is horrible, Bird was overrated, # of rings are an indication of greatness), I look up evidence to either backup or refute my own hypothesis. It just so happened Kobe gets discussed a LOT on these boards, and things about him are mostly incorrect, so I go argue about them.

As for the Lakers suck, I agree with you. They are a 30-win team. I don't know why you have a hard time processing that a 30 win team sucks. A 20 to 25 win team is usually the worst team in the league, and I don't think the Lakers are that with Philly, Wolves, Magic, Knicks and Jazz in the mix. It's a bad team, but not worst in the league bad, so they natural go the next tier up, a 30-win team. I just don't understand your obsession with arguing with a "Laker-hater" that said "Laker-hater" is overrating the Lakers. It's obscene.

And no, I don't think you are pathetic, I just think your hero worship deserves pity.

ElNono
01-27-2015, 12:50 PM

:lol you shoulda asked last Friday, tbh... 14 15 32 68 72 8

Seriously, Kobe has been doing the same PR stunt for years on end. This shouldn't surprise anyone at this stage, nor it should be "novel"...

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 01:30 PM
:lol you shoulda asked last Friday, tbh... 14 15 32 68 72 8

Seriously, Kobe has been doing the same PR stunt for years on end. This shouldn't surprise anyone at this stage, nor it should be "novel"...

@ EL ...see a man with a sense of humor, awesome! I am not saying he did or didnt I am saying I dont care.

@ amb, I have no hero worship because I dont care. Remember I am the one that did not even remember exactly what pick Kobe was chosen with. I also was pro keeping him over Shaq but also pro trading him when he was bitching the summer after 2007. I dont care if he maniplulates the media just like I dont care if they slam him now he is done. I dont fall for shit because Im a grown man and no longer idolize athletes for anything more or less than what they do on the court. I dont tweet Kobe, I dont buy his shoes. He was my 2nd fave Laker and that is all. IF Kobe was convicted of rape (not just accused) or child pornography I would care then but athletes that cheat, get cucked, are gay, good locker-room leaders none of that matters on the court or field. You dont believe he was injured doesnt matter because he is gonna be injured no matter how much longer he plays.

You seriously argued that Kobe was cherry picking games ... lets say he did WGAF? He didnt even play all that good in those games anyway. So if he he did, what does it matter? I originally did join here to defend him but at this point I dont really care as much ... he is done and the team is too. I just call you on your bullshit but I dont think I have the energy for that anymore my Laker focus is on the lottery, tbh.

Fabbs
01-27-2015, 02:00 PM
You seriously argued that Kobe was cherry picking games ... lets say he did WGAF? He didnt even play all that good in those games anyway. So if he he did, what does it matter?
http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/1/27/4515183/172474-0-600.jpg

Ya, you'll still have your doll and Kobe anyways.