PDA

View Full Version : OT: 2014 Spurs vs. 1992 Bulls

Brazil
01-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Who you get ?

i for one think 92 Bulls is an overall better team than 96. MJ and Pippen at their peak... With grant / Cartwright.

Leonard / Green vs MJ / Scottie, advantage Bulls
Duncan / Split / Diaw advantage Spurs imo
Spurs bench would eat Bulls bench

id say Spurs but MJ/Pippen in 92 was some scary combo tbh

lefty
01-26-2015, 07:20 PM
The 96 Bulls had a better bench than the 92 version

They had the European MVP coming off the bench

Bulls beat the Spurms because David was a huge phaggot; Splitter in a black body

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 07:23 PM
:lmao

01-26-2015, 07:24 PM
I'd have to say Bulls. If we can't stop Westbrook then who's gonna stop Jordan :lol

Not to mention they play an actual system unlike the Thunder. Defensively they are miles better than the 2014 and 2013 Heat.

It would be a bad match up.

Silver&Black
01-26-2015, 07:29 PM
Da Bulls...

http://i.imgur.com/izAXI.jpg

Infinite_limit
01-26-2015, 07:38 PM
No-way '92 Bulls are better than '96

- Ron Harper far better defender than Pax & BJ. Could score when needed. 6 foot 6 PG
- Jordan, sure he's less explosive in '96 but still ripping off a consistent 49.5% fadeaway
- Pippen, better all around in 1996. Essentially his all around prime
- Rodman, much better than Grant
- Longley vs Cart is a wash to me
- Bench: far better in 1996
- Coaching: Phil with more tricks on the refs in 1996

I think 2014 Spurs stack up better against Shaq's Lakers assuming Hack-a-Shaq exists. No one is guarding Parker and Kobe gets slowed down by Leonard. At that point it's Glen Rice or Rick Fox

Brazil
01-26-2015, 07:40 PM

Bulls beat the Spurms because David was a huge phaggot; Splitter in a black body

Yes 96 bench is better but MJ in 92 is a better version of 96 even though it's close now Pippen was much better.

grant / Cartwright duo is much more versatile than rodmon / longley. In def 96 has the edge but offensively it's not even close in favor of 92.

100%duncan
01-26-2015, 07:45 PM

I wish Megan Fox would be her old self tbh

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Spurs in 5, tbh, with the Bulls winning 1 game due to officiating..

90s basketball is a product of nostalgia..go on Youtube and watch any Bulls game from the 90s, it's hideous, antiquated basketball that was mostly based on Jordan hype(in an age where the masses didn't know he was an antisocial piece of shit)..

Spurs struggle against super-athletic rim protectors and stretch 4s..Bulls didn't have either, it would be a poor matchup for them..

Brazil
01-26-2015, 07:48 PM
No-way '92 Bulls are better than '96

- Ron Harper far better defender than Pax & BJ. Could score when needed. 6 foot 6 PG
- Jordan, sure he's less explosive in '96 but still ripping off a consistent 49.5% fadeaway
- Pippen, better all around in 1996. Essentially his all around prime
- Rodman, much better than Grant
- Longley vs Cart is a wash to me
- Bench: far better in 1996
- Coaching: Phil with more tricks on the refs in 1996

I think 2014 Spurs stack up better against Shaq's Lakers assuming Hack-a-Shaq exists. No one is guarding Parker and Kobe gets slowed down by Leonard. At that point it's Glen Rice or Rick Fox

- Harper was totally washed up tbh and his defense was not really needed in 96 with Pippen and rodman
- we agree MJ was better in 92
- I disagree on Pippen, check the stats, 92 Pippen is better than 96 and it's not that close
- defensively yes but he was an offensive black hole, grant was scoring 14-15 ppg so id give a slight advantage to 92
- agreed
- agreed
- I'm not talking about fooling the refs here just the better team

people reminds 96 for the rs win record but difference is what ? 4 games with 92 knowing that in 96 3 pts line was closer which is an advantage for a perimeter team like the Bulls

lefty
01-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Yes 96 bench is better but MJ in 92 is a better version of 96 even though it's close now Pippen was much better.

grant / Cartwright duo is much more versatile than rodmon / longley. In def 96 has the edge but offensively it's not even close in favor of 92.
- Pippen played the best basketball of his career from 94 to 96
- true Cartwright and Grand brought more than Longman
- however, with Ron Harper, the Bulls had size in the backcourt (which is why they dumped Armstrong for him, because of Orlando's big backcourt)

Brazil
01-26-2015, 07:52 PM

90s basketball is a product of nostalgia..go on Youtube and watch any Bulls game from the 90s, it's hideous, antiquated basketball that was mostly based on Jordan hype(in an age where the masses didn't know he was an antisocial piece of shit)..

i don't disagree but you can't deny the offensive and defensive forces that were Pippen and Jordan.. It's 90s bb but also a perimeter oriented team which is very much 00s ball tbh

In modern bb SF became the focal point and Pippen is beast at this post. 92 bigs are serviceable and bulls were running a constructed system on both O and D

Brazil
01-26-2015, 07:55 PM
- Pippen played the best basketball of his career from 94 to 96
- true Cartwright and Grand brought more than Longman
- however, with Ron Harper, the Bulls had size in the backcourt (which is why they dumped Armstrong for him, because of Orlando's big backcourt)

Except 92 Pippen is a better and more efficient scorer, he also has more reb, more assists, more steals and more blocks... Not sure where this Pippen peak is 94-96 come from.

Pelicans78
01-26-2015, 07:55 PM

Spurs struggle against super-athletic rim protectors and stretch 4s..Bulls didn't have either, it would be a poor matchup for them..

Nah. Video highlights confirm Jordan was on another level compared to today's stars. Lateral quickness, vertical, skill-level, defense. Today's NBA is much easier to score due to rule changes creating more spacing and less physical play.

lefty
01-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Except 92 Pippen is a better and more efficient scorer, he also has more reb, more assists, more steals and more blocks... Not sure where this Pippen peak is 94-96 come from.
:lol me

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 07:58 PM
The triangle offense is the most overrated system of all-time IMO..unlike the Spurs new-age system, which required players that were great at performing specific roles at a high level, the only real success we've seen from the triangle is when it has historically great players carrying the load:lol..

It just seemed innovative and special because it was successful in eras where the majority of teams weren't running offensive systems..it's easy to gain a reputation when you have the greatest of all-time, the greatest peak big man of all-time, and Kobe/Pippen running your offense against opposing shitty coaches..

Do you remember the hype surrounding the 2002 Sacramento Kings and their system? It pales in comparison to the Spurs, with inferior players, too:lol..that was an "innovative" system that should have beaten the dominant Lakers and their triangle in 2002..

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 08:02 PM
The triangle offense is the most overrated system of all-time IMO..unlike the Spurs new-age system, which required players that were great at performing specific roles at a high level, the only real success we've seen from the triangle is when it has historically great players carrying the load:lol..

It just seemed innovative and special because it was successful in eras where the majority of teams weren't running offensive systems..it's easy to gain a reputation when you have the greatest of all-time, the greatest peak big man of all-time, and Kobe/Pippen running your offense against opposing shitty coaches..

Do you remember the hype surrounding the 2002 Sacramento Kings and their system? It pales in comparison to the Spurs, with inferior players, too:lol..that was an "innovative" system that should have beaten the dominant Lakers and their triangle in 2002..

:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 08:02 PM

Venti Quattro
01-26-2015, 08:05 PM
1992 Bulls in 5 games

:lol Ginobili, Green and Leonard trying to stop Jordan

lefty
01-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Leonard trying to stop Jordan
tbh in 92 the SG position was garbage, especially on the defensive end :lol

Dumars was a TOSB
Stark was not bad defensively, but he was a mental midget :lmao
Majerle "stopper" my ass
Reggie was crafty but wasnt a good defensive player
Maxwell wasnt bad actually

Brazil
01-26-2015, 08:11 PM
:lol me

Oh ok :lol

Venti Quattro
01-26-2015, 08:13 PM

Dumars was a TOSB
Majerle "stopper" my ass

1991-1993 was the apex of Jordan's career. Nobody would've stopped him, not even retard Kiwi.

Let's not even get to Green and Ginobili. :lmao :lmao Jordan would send them crying to their mommies

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 08:15 PM
1992 Bulls in 5 games

:lol Ginobili, Green and Leonard trying to stop Jordan

The 1992 Knicks did a good job on him, and the 2014 Spurs are a far better defensive team, statistically..

IIRC, the 2014 Spurs would have ranked as the best defensive team in the NBA in that season, statistically..

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 08:16 PM
I just checked Dad Killer's opposition in 1992..:lmao, wow, that's all I can say..

lefty
01-26-2015, 08:19 PM
I just checked Dad Killer's opposition in 1992..:lmao, wow, that's all I can say..
pretty much what I said :lol

Cry Havoc
01-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Jordan would have absolutely run train on the Spurs in 1992 or 1996. Not sure that even Bowen would have been able to slow him down.

Pippen would have gone off too. Definitely would have presented a mismatch. Either we put Kawhi on Jordan and give Pippen to Green, or Green on Jordan.

That being said. Outside of those two, who was going to score for that team? Jordan and Pippen could have combined for 70 ppg but it's hard to imagine the Bulls getting another 30-40 ppg out of that lineup against the Spurs.

Bulls would play good enough defense to win 1 or 2 games in the series, but if it's that 2014 performance, no one was stopping the Spurs, they were the most lethal offensive team the NBA has ever seen. It's hard to imagine a team being that potent for that stretch of games again. Dwayne Wade was a man possessed in the playoffs and then he met the Spurs and people were suddenly talk about him being a year away from retirement. I've never seen a narrative flip that fast on a player where he went from having a resurgent year to needing to think about hanging them up over the course of maybe 2-3 games.

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 08:26 PM
^^ Pippen wasn't anything special in the 1992 playoffs against much inferior defensive teams than the 2014 Spurs, tbh..

Robz4000
01-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Spurs in 6. Although Dad Killer > Lebron, they're both extremely dominantl from a physical and skill standpoint, and Leonard (and Green to an extent) limited the latter. The Lebron Heat was more stacked than the 92 Bulls and the Spurs should've beaten them twice. Young Phil was a much craftier coach than Spo, but he wasn't seasoned enough to play mind games on Pop like he did with the Lakers. There's also no equivalent of Bosh on the Bulls to give Duncan issues.

Pelicans78
01-26-2015, 08:29 PM

Dumars was a TOSB
Majerle "stopper" my ass

Mitch Richmond was regarded as the 2nd best SG during that era. Jordan always acknowledged he was his toughest matchup.

Pelicans78
01-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Spurs in 6. Although Dad Killer > Lebron, they're both extremely dominantl from a physical and skill standpoint, and Leonard (and Green to an extent) limited the latter. The Lebron Heat was more stacked than the 92 Bulls and the Spurs should've beaten them twice. Young Phil was a much craftier coach than Spo, but he wasn't seasoned enough to play mind games on Pop like he did with the Lakers. There's also no equivalent of Bosh on the Bulls to give Duncan issues.

Leonard wouldn't have been able to limit MJ who unlike Lebron could score from all areas of the floor.

lefty
01-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Mitch Richmond was regarded as the 2nd best SG during that era. Jordan always acknowledged he was his toughest matchup.

Forgot about Mitch tbh

Robz4000
01-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Leonard wouldn't have been able to limit MJ who unlike Lebron could score from all areas of the floor.

Jordan's jumper was nowhere as good as it was in 92 compared to their second threepeat run. His greatest strength was getting to the rim and finishing at that point. Should he of gotten past Kawhi he'd still have Duncan to deal with. He would've averaged 30-35 PPG but not efficiently enough.

Pelicans78
01-26-2015, 08:37 PM
Jordan's jumper was nowhere as good as it was in 92 compared to their second threepeat run. His greatest strength was getting to the rim and finishing at that point. Should he of gotten past Kawhi he'd still have Duncan to deal with. He would've averaged 30-35 PPG but not efficiently enough.

He destroyed Portland with his 3-point shooting. He had become a very good jumpshooter during his 1st 3-peat run. His turnaround wasn't nearly as good, but his jumpshoot had become really good.

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 08:40 PM
:rollin :flag: :rollin

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Why are people acting like Jordan didn't have a bad series? He had plenty, and they were against much inferior defensive teams than the Spurs that couldn't punish the Bulls offensively, too:lol..

Not to mention that most of the role players in the 90s were 1-way players that couldn't shoot from 3, too..

The 2-year Spurs peak had them shutting down Durant, Lebron, Wade, Steph Curry, Lillard, Dirk, and doing a fine job on Westbrook/Ellis..they went up against and dominated plenty of top-tier talent..

Cry Havoc
01-26-2015, 08:45 PM
^^ Pippen wasn't anything special in the 1992 playoffs against much inferior defensive teams than the 2014 Spurs, tbh..

Non-special players have good series against us all the time. :lol

Brazil
01-26-2015, 08:50 PM
hey I do like the idea of the 2014 Spurs being the greatest team ever. :lol I'm not as confident as HH but for once I'm ready to follow him on this one :lol

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 08:51 PM
hey I do like the idea of the 2014 Spurs being the greatest team ever. :lol I'm not as confident as HH but for once I'm ready to follow him on this one :lol

There are many stats that back it up, tbh, and Lebron/Bosh said it was the greatest team they have ever seen, too..

Cry Havoc
01-26-2015, 08:53 PM
There are many stats that back it up, tbh, and Lebron/Bosh said it was the greatest team they have ever seen, too..

I think it's clear that they were the most unstoppable offensive team ever, the best passing team in League history by a wide margin. GOAT team is definitely a worthy discussion.

:lol Can you imagine the 2014 Spurs playing in the 1980s? :lol

Bynumite
01-26-2015, 08:54 PM
"Kiwi would lockdown Jordan".

Said no one besides San Antonio Cucks fan :lmao

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 08:56 PM
It doesn't mean that the 2014 Spurs would be the greatest ever in a tournament that is played 10 times..out of those 10 times, maybe they only win once..

But the actual performance they had in 2014 with the hot shooting we saw, and the historic margin of victory, puts them in the conversation, statistically..it was a perfect storm of elite defense + crazy shooting from outside..

They also went up against Lebron, Wade, Durant, Westbrook, Lillard, Aldridge, Nowitzki, Ellis..a lot of talent to go up against..

Brazil
01-26-2015, 08:57 PM
"Kiwi would lockdown Jordan".

Said no one besides San Antonio Cucks fan :lmao

Except nobody said that... We all are saying he will get his 30... :lol lakers fans

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 08:57 PM
I think it's clear that they were the most unstoppable offensive team ever, the best passing team in League history by a wide margin. GOAT team is definitely a worthy discussion.

:lol Can you imagine the 2014 Spurs playing in the 1980s? :lolYou don't want that shiiiiiiiiiiit! Duncan in the '80s = Brad Daughtery (NO rangs). Real talk.

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Jordan can get his numbers, it doesn't really matter..

Lebron averaged 30+ on some of the best efficiency in playoffs history, but the Heat got killed in every game but 1:lol..

The 2014 Spurs weren't going to lose a game vs. 1 guy..

Infinite_limit
01-26-2015, 08:58 PM
What's the difference between 2014 Spurs and 2011 Mavericks. I'm seeing mirror images here folks.

- Who is banging in the post against Rodman and Chicago's 2-7 footers.....old Duncan, Splitter and Diaw? Yikes. Atleast Mavs have Tyson and Dirk to spread the floor.

- Who is the Spurs go to scorer when they face these other GOAT teams?...... 36 year old Manu creating off the dribble? Yikes. Unless the 2014 Spurs are beating those Bulls teams by 15-20 points, they would completely meltdown in crunch time.

"Anyone can score on our team" = No go to scorer = Disaster when facing GOAT teams. While MJ is walking up and down the free throw line, Manu is doing some fancy spin move pass off the shot clock.

2011 Mavs would have better success against those Bulls teams than 2014 Spurs

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 09:02 PM
What's the difference between 2014 Spurs and 2011 Mavericks. I'm seeing mirror images here folks.

- Who is banging in the post against Rodman and Chicago's 2-7 footers.....old Duncan, Splitter and Diaw? Yikes. Atleast Mavs have Tyson.

- Who is the Spurs go to scorer when they face these other GOAT teams?...... 36 year old Manu creating off the dribble? Yikes. Unless the 2014 Spurs are beating those Bulls teams by 15-20 points, they would completely meltdown in crunch time.

"Anyone can score on our team" = No go to scorer = Disaster when facing GOAT teams. While MJ is walking up and down the free throw line, Manu is doing some fancy spin move pass off the shot clock.

The 90s Bulls were challenged by many shitty 90s teams with weak-ass perimeter players, weak perimeter shooting, and much inferior defensive teams than the Spurs(statistically):lol..

People act like the 90s Bulls won every championship like the 2001 Lakers did..

Cry Havoc
01-26-2015, 09:04 PM

- Who is banging in the post against Rodman and Chicago's 2-7 footers.....old Duncan, Splitter and Diaw? Yikes. Atleast Mavs have Tyson and Dirk to spread the floor.

2011 Mavs would have better success against those Bulls teams than 2014 Spurs

The Heat were on the verge of a 3 peat. Definite contention for a GOAT team. The Spurs made them look like a lottery team. That's never happened in Finals HISTORY, not even when Shaq and Kobe had Iverson's god-awful 6ers team in the Finals.

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Jordan can get his numbers, it doesn't really matter..

Lebron averaged 30+ on some of the best efficiency in playoffs history, but the Heat got killed in every game but 1:lol..

The 2014 Spurs weren't going to lose a game vs. 1 guy..

Like y'all would had a choice?! :lmao

Infinite_limit
01-26-2015, 09:05 PM
The 90s Bulls were challenged by many shitty 90s teams with weak-ass perimeter players, weak perimeter shooting, and much inferior defensive teams than the Spurs(statistically):lol..

I could not care less about "statistics". Trying to imply that the 2014 Spurs were defensively even in the same ballpark as 1992 Knicks is idiotic. The 2014 Spurs were essentially the 1993 Suns with a better perimeter defender and worse (basically none) post scoring.

Pelicans78
01-26-2015, 09:07 PM

Can't compare defensive statistics in those two eras. The game was so different. Spacing wasn't as prevalent in that era due to the rules. Spurs would suffer from the same fate. Really that Spurs team is just a product of its era with heavy spacing, perimeter oriented teams. That style of play would have suffered in the 90s era where guys were getting grabbed every second with hand checking and mugging. Also, post scoring was more prevalent. I don't think Duncan could defend the elite 90s centers. In fact, I know he couldn't.

Cry Havoc
I could not care less about "statistics". Trying to imply that the 2014 Spurs were even in the same ballpark as 1992 Knicks is idiotic. The 2014 Spurs were essentially the 1993 Suns with a better perimeter defender and worse (basically none) post scoring.

:lmao "essentially"

Infinite_limit
The Heat were on the verge of a 3 peat. Definite contention for a GOAT team. The Spurs made them look like a lottery team. That's never happened in Finals HISTORY, not even when Shaq and Kobe had Iverson's god-awful 6ers team in the Finals.
James quit. Just like he did against the Celtics while in Cleveland.

Infinite_limit
01-26-2015, 09:09 PM
:lmao "essentially"
2014 Spurs defense? Is this a joke

You guys got hot from 3 point land. I think the 2011 Mavericks take you in a 7-game series.

midnightpulp
01-26-2015, 09:12 PM
You don't want that shiiiiiiiiiiit! Duncan in the '80s = Brad Daughtery (NO rangs). Real talk.

Kobe in the 80's = Jeff Malone. Real talk.

Cry Havoc
01-26-2015, 09:14 PM

28 8 and 4 with a TS% north of 65 is quitting in your universe. That's funny. You're funny.

Pelicans78
01-26-2015, 09:24 PM
Duncan was fortunate he played in an era where post scoring was limited. He was one of the few since the league went perimeter oriented. Guys like Dirk and KG were jumpshooters with limited post moves. The best post player Duncan ever faced in the Finals was Rasheed Wallace :lol

Arcadian
01-26-2015, 09:32 PM
I don't think Duncan could defend the elite 90s centers.

And they couldn't defend him, either.

Duncan was fortunate he played in an era where post scoring was limited. He was one of the few since the league went perimeter oriented. Guys like Dirk and KG were jumpshooters with limited post moves. The best post player Duncan ever faced in the Finals was Rasheed Wallace :lol

He went up against a ton of great competition. Remember Amare Stoudemire from 2003-05? He was an automatic 35 points against the Spurs, but it didn't matter because Duncan was even better.

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 09:37 PM
Kobe in the 80's = Jeff Malone. Real talk.:lol - MJ even said Kobe had what it took to play in the '80s.

Brad Daughtery went 19/9.5/3.7 in his career vs the likes of Ewing, Robinson, Dream, Parish, Cartwright (good defensive big), Eaton, and other good bigs in the '80s. I highly doubt Duncan would have faired much better. So to compare him to Brad is not so far fetched.

Duncan made a career feasting off mediocre bigs that were 3-4 inches shorter than him. The caliber of bigs in the '80s were light years (collectively) better than the ones Duncan faced in his career. So for you farmers to think Duncan would have beasted the bigs in the '80s, wow. :lolK

Legacy
01-26-2015, 09:41 PM
God, Lakerfan so fucking annoying if you mention Jordan's Bulls and the Spurs in the same sentence. The only one who even has the privilege of being breathed in the same sentence with MJ, in their programmed little minds is their beloved cult-leader, KoMe. :rolleyes

Legacy
01-26-2015, 09:42 PM
:lol - MJ even said Kobe had what it took to play in the '80s.

Brad Daughtery went 19/9.5/3.7 in his career vs the likes of Ewing, Robinson, Dream, Parish, Cartwright (good defensive big), Eaton, and other good bigs in the '80s. I highly doubt Duncan would have faired much better. So to compare him to Brad is not so far fetched.

Duncan made a career feasting off mediocre bigs that were 3-4 inches shorter than him. The caliber of bigs in the '80s were light years (collectively) better than the ones Duncan faced in his career. So for you farmers to think Duncan would have beasted the bigs in the '80s, wow. :lolK

Right on the ticker. :lol

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 09:44 PM

This. That's precisely why I say he couldn't hack it in the '80s. The Bulls, the Bad Boys, Knicks, Utah, and other tough defensive teams would have kicked his ass (literally). They would've gotten away with it too. :lol

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 09:48 PM
God, Lakerfan so fucking annoying if you mention Jordan's Bulls and the Spurs in the same sentence. The only one who even has the privilege of being breathed in the same sentence with MJ, in their programmed little minds is their beloved Master KoMe. :rolleyes

No, I'm on record as saying the best teams in NBA history are:

1) 1996 Bulls
2) 1987 Lakers
3) 1986 Celtics

I want to think the 1987 Lakers were the best, but:

1) 1996 Bulls lost 10 games by a TOTAL of 10 points
2) They had all NBA 1st team defenders at 3 positions
3) They had rebounders, shooters, versatile defenders, scorers - they were well put together.

The hype of that 1996 Bulls team is justified.

DMC
01-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Like almost always, HH is right on. Spurs destroy teams that rely on one person as heavily as the Bulls relied on MJ. You have to have a big that can shoot the mid range, a KG or Dirk type guy. Spurs would have had a harder time against Bird's Celtics tbh.

DMC
01-26-2015, 09:58 PM

1) 1996 Bulls
2) 1987 Lakers
3) 1986 Celtics

3) They had rebounders, shooters, versatile defenders, scorers - they were well put together.

It's naive to think today's teams give a shit about winning 72 games. The teams that get out in front by a wide margin rest their guys. Teams basically give away 10 or more games a year just to rest players. MJ was an egotistical, insecure person. He overvalued the regular season. He did great in the playoffs, but when he was playing even his RS games were highly watched, so he was always on point. Today, teams just mail it in, so you'll probably never see a record like that again. It's not an indication that the team was that dominant however.

Legacy

1) 1996 Bulls
2) 1987 Lakers
3) 1986 Celtics

So I guess the hype of Kirby after all these years isn't justified? :lmao

Venti Quattro
God, Lakerfan so fucking annoying if you mention Jordan's Bulls and the Spurs in the same sentence. The only one who even has the privilege of being breathed in the same sentence with MJ, in their programmed little minds is their beloved cult-leader, KoMe. :rolleyes

:lmao We aren't even constantly mentioning Kobe you fucktard

lefty
01-26-2015, 09:59 PM
the 87 Lakers would have destroyed both of those teams tbh :lol

Venti Quattro
01-26-2015, 10:01 PM
the 87 Lakers would have destroyed both of those teams tbh :lol

Or the 86 Celtics

Legacy
01-26-2015, 10:01 PM
:lmao We aren't even constantly mentioning Kobe you fucktard

... No, but obviously one of you guys were going to bring up his name. And somebody did right when I posted, dickbag. :lmao

hitmanyr2k
01-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Cmon, let's be honest here. We're not talking about playing against an idiot like Durant who launches long jumpers all game long. We're talking about playing against two Westbrooks on steroids who actually had high b-ball IQs to go along with their skills :lol Jordan and Pippen at their peaks are going to get to the rim constantly against the Spurs frontline, especially with these pussy rules today. Who's going intimidate them once they got in the paint? Geriatric Duncan who barely jumps? Splitter? Diaw? The Spurs have no enforcer in the paint. And thanks to the NBA rues there's no player that's going to lay the wood on either of them for coming down the lane. It would be a layup drill and dunk fest on the Spurs.

lefty
01-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Or the 86 Celtics
yeah them too
88 Pistons (should have beaten the Lakers that year tbh; Isiah was 1% after his injury and the refs screwed the Pistons at the end of game 6

Venti Quattro
01-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Cmon, let's be honest here. We're not talking about playing against an idiot like Durant who launches long jumpers all game long. We're talking about playing against two Westbrooks on steroids who actually had high b-ball IQs to go along with their skills :lol Jordan and Pippen at their peaks are going to get to the rim constantly against the Spurs frontline, especially with these pussy rules today. Who's going intimidate them once they got in the paint? Geriatric Duncan who barely jumps? Splitter? Diaw? The Spurs have no enforcer in the paint. And thanks to the NBA rues there's no player that's going to lay the wood on either of them for coming down the lane. It would be a layup drill and dunk fest on the Spurs.

Spurs in 6 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Kiwi will contain Jordan :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

The Bulls will not contain Green's three point shooting :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Jordan will have a hard time with the Spurs' team defense :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Venti Quattro
01-26-2015, 10:10 PM
yeah them too
88 Pistons (should have beaten the Lakers that year tbh; Isiah was 1% after his injury and the refs screwed the Pistons at the end of game 6

And then karma struck back when the Lakers' hamstrings departed them in 1989. That should've been a three-peat easily.

midnightpulp
01-26-2015, 10:13 PM
:lol - MJ even said Kobe had what it took to play in the '80s.

Quit mythologizing the 80's as some physical, defensive oriented era. Just because they occasionally took each other's heads off like barbarians doesn't mean physical play was the rule. Rewatch games from the period, and you'll see some of the worst defense imaginable. Hardly any double teams, chaotic team defense, God awful transition defense. Why do you think there were so many 28ppg+ scorers on 50% plus shooting during that time?

McHale "beasted" on those same bigs, and Duncan's is a far superior version to McHale. But yeah, Duncan would struggle against the "amazing" bigs of the 80's where McHale didn't :lol

Furthermore, I've already debunked your claim that Duncan "made a living" out of matching up against smaller players. He was always guarded by the opposing team's best interior post-defender, often facing double and triple teams. You should remember when they tried to put a prime Shaq on him and he torched him.

Brazil
01-26-2015, 10:13 PM

:lol don't act like Leonard and Green are weak ass perimeter defender... In a league full of perimeter oriented talent like they are probably the best perimeter defender... For once I will use some HH schtick... Intimidate is so antiquated concept... Nobody needs to intimate to defend properly... You are a fool if you think bulls would spend their time dunking :lol

Pop will force them to shoot jumpers and again MJ would score 30 a night, Scottie 20 and then what ? In 96 bulls would have to expect 20 from kukoc and Kerr and in 92 from grant Cartwright ?

in defense obviously Scottie is elite and MJ was in 92 but Spurs ball movement in 2014 could score from anywhere with everybody.

the argument of Spurs went hot is ridiculous Spurs shot same than RS and were less efficient from 3s than 2013... This 2014 team is nowhere close to be 2011 mavs in terms of characteristic... Weak argument.

lefty
01-26-2015, 10:16 PM
And then karma struck back when the Lakers' hamstrings departed them in 1989. That should've been a three-peat easily.
nah

Pistons would have won in 6

they were the better team both years

midnightpulp
01-26-2015, 10:17 PM
Kevin McHale against the twin tower frontline of Dream and Sampson:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1986_finals.html#BOS-HOU

Duncan would struggle, though, despite being an inch taller and 50 pounds heavier than McHale, while possessing equally as good a post game and better athleticism.

Brazil
01-26-2015, 10:19 PM
Good for once to be on the same side of an argument than my fellow Spurs fans tbh :lol

Venti Quattro
nah

Pistons would have won in 6

they were the better team both years

I beg to disagree. The Lakers would have won both series in my opinion. And then thunder struck when Magic and Byron got injured in the 89 Finals

lefty
. Rewatch games from the period, and you'll see some of the worst defense imaginable. Hardly any double teams, chaotic team defense, God awful transition defense. Why do you think there were so many 28ppg+ scorers on 50% plus shooting during that time?
They didnt double team much back then because players knew how to pass the fucking ball; they had good fundamentals and basketball IQ
Same thing for shooting % ... good fundamentals and they didnt take bad shots; there is also the fact that not a lot of players skipped their last 2 years of college (except for a few special players)

hitmanyr2k
01-26-2015, 10:22 PM
Spurs in 6 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Kiwi will contain Jordan :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

The Bulls will not contain Green's three point shooting :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Jordan will have a hard time with the Spurs' team defense :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

OKC gave the Spurs all they could handle with a low IQ chucker like Westbrook and a jumpshooting praying mantis in Durant and the shitty coaching of Scott Brooks :lol

Jordan, Pippen, Ho Grant and Phil Jackson were on a completely different level on both sides of the ball. And they had shooters in Paxson and Armstrong if the defense collapsed on top of that.

Venti Quattro
01-26-2015, 10:24 PM
OKC gave the Spurs all they could handle with a low IQ chucker like Westbrook and a jumpshooting praying mantis in Durant and the shitty coaching of Scott Brooks :lol

Jordan, Pippen, Ho Grant and Phil Jackson were on a completely different level on both sides of the ball. And they had shooters in Paxson and Armstrong if the defense collapsed on top of that.

Spurs in 6... No way in hell the 1992 Bulls were better than the 2014 Spurs, tbh imo fwiw.

lefty
01-26-2015, 10:25 PM
Bobby Hansen would have destroyed Kiwi tbh

Clipper Nation
01-26-2015, 10:26 PM
Spurs in 5 against any Dad Killer Bulls team except for maybe the 72-win team. The refs would make sure DK wins one.

lefty
01-26-2015, 10:28 PM
Spurs in 5 against any Dad Killer Bulls team except for maybe the 72-win team. The refs would make sure DK wins one.
yeah because the refs didnt help DK from 90 to 93 :lol

midnightpulp
01-26-2015, 10:34 PM
They didnt double team much back then because players knew how to pass the fucking ball; they had good fundamentals and basketball IQ
Same thing for shooting % ... good fundamentals and they didnt take bad shots; there is also the fact that not a lot of players skipped their last 2 years of college (except for a few special players)

This old myth again?

All they did was take "bad shots." Mid-range pull ups off a fast break were the norm. The only reason they went in at such a high rate is because no one usually bothered to pickup the shooter in transition. :lol

And look at how Magic lost his shit in '84 when the Celtics employed a weak half court trap (by today's standards) on him.

The era was entertaining and flashy, but the level of play wasn't as high then as it is today. I know I'm wasting my breath, since you worship 80's basketball, but the game has evolved (that doesn't mean 80's players were worse, since great players can evolve as the game evolves [see Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Duncan, etc], but team basketball wasn't as sophisticated).

lefty
01-26-2015, 10:38 PM
This old myth again?

All they did was take "bad shots." Mid-range pull ups off a fast break were the norm. The only reason they went in at such a high rate is because no one usually bothered to pickup the shooter in transition. :lol

And look at how Magic lost his shit in '84 when the Celtics employed a weak half court trap (by today's standards) on him.

The era was entertaining and flashy, but the level of play wasn't as high then as it is today. I know I'm wasting my breath, since you worship 80's basketball, but the game has evolved (that doesn't mean 80's players were worse, since great players can evolve as the game evolves [see Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Duncan, etc], but team basketball wasn't as sophisticated).
:lol Singling out the 84 Finals

Magic choked that year, but nobody made the same mistake after that

daslicer
01-26-2015, 10:39 PM

Also factor in how the Heat's aggressive trapping defense which was spearheaded by Lebron and Wade gave the spurs ton of problems back in '13. I remember all the turnovers they forced in that series. Pippen-MJ was at another level compared to that duo they would make it difficult for Parker,Ginobilli,Kawhi to get the ball up the court and would easily force a ton of turnovers.

Venti Quattro
01-26-2015, 10:40 PM
Magic choked that year

So did James Worthy. If he didn't give away the ball in Game 2 the Lakers win that series

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 10:46 PM
Like almost always, HH is right on. Spurs destroy teams that rely on one person as heavily as the Bulls relied on MJ. You have to have a big that can shoot the mid range, a KG or Dirk type guy. Spurs would have had a harder time against Bird's Celtics tbh.

72 wins will never duplicated. We agree there.

midnightpulp
01-26-2015, 10:53 PM
:lol Singling out the 84 Finals

Magic choked that year, but nobody made the same mistake after that

My point was that even a great player like Magic could get rattled by weak traps because teams rarely employed them (teams rarely employed any sort of coherent defensive schemes back then). The era's stats are inflated for a reason. And no, it doesn't have much to do with their "superior fundamentals." 90's players had these "same fundamentals" and scoring nose-dived in the decade, which was primarily the result of better team defense being played by contending teams after the Pistons demonstrated that defense could win championships (it also didn't help that the era's offense was heavily iso-oriented).

Today's game is basically a synthesis of 80's team oriented offense and 90's team defense. You can thank our Spurs (and Colangelo's Rule Changes) for the setting the standard :toast

By all measures, this is the toughest (and most aesthetically pleasing, from a basketball purist's point-of-view) era in NBA history.

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 10:54 PM
Quit mythologizing the 80's as some physical, defensive oriented era. Just because they occasionally took each other's heads off like barbarians doesn't mean physical play was the rule. Rewatch games from the period, and you'll see some of the worst defense imaginable. Hardly any double teams, chaotic team defense, God awful transition defense. Why do you think there were so many 28ppg+ scorers on 50% plus shooting during that time?

McHale "beasted" on those same bigs, and Duncan's is a far superior version to McHale. But yeah, Duncan would struggle against the "amazing" bigs of the 80's where McHale didn't :lol

Furthermore, I've already debunked your claim that Duncan "made a living" out of matching up against smaller players. He was always guarded by the opposing team's best interior post-defender, often facing double and triple teams. You should remember when they tried to put a prime Shaq on him and he torched him.

mid tripping again. I mentioned 4 HOF centers in my post. Eaton is probably top 5 in swats. Didn't even mention the HOF PFs Daughtery played against. Simply put: the bigs in the '80s >>>> the bigs Duncan faced. Period.

Funny how you keep bringing up Shaq. He made all NBA defense 2nd team a few times - never 1st IIRC. He's known for dunking on people - not locking you down. He was an adequate defender - hardly great.

And :lol at you trying to clown Lurch. Only the Dream had more low post moves than him. Let you tell it, Lurch was a scrub. :lol

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 10:58 PM
Tale of the tape between Duncan and Daughtery :

Career ppg: even
Career rpg: Advantage Duncan
Career apg: Advantage Daughtery
Career bpg: Advantage Daughtery
Better big man competition : Advantage Daughtery

Daughtery > Duncan :lmao

LkrFan
01-26-2015, 11:00 PM
I can't believe this thread is 4-pages and counting. :lol

midnightpulp
01-26-2015, 11:02 PM
mid tripping again. I mentioned 4 HOF centers in my post. Eaton is probably top 5 in swats. Didn't even mention the HOF PFs Daughtery played against. Simply put: the bigs in the '80s >>>> the bigs Duncan faced. Period.

Funny how you keep bringing up Shaq. He made all NBA defense 2nd team a few times - never 1st IIRC. He's known for dunking on people - not locking you down. He was an adequate defender - hardly great.

And :lol at you trying to clown Lurch. Only the Dream had more low post moves than him. Let you tell it, Lurch was a scrub. :lol

See:

Kevin McHale against the twin tower frontline of Dream and Sampson:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1986_finals.html#BOS-HOU

Duncan would struggle, though, despite being an inch taller and 50 pounds heavier than McHale, while possessing equally as good a post game and better athleticism.

6'10" and 215 points, zero athleticism, and dominated the best two-man frontline of the 80's.

"But Duncan would struggle." :lmao

Robz4000
I can't believe Maurice has the most posts in this thread and still hasn't made a worthwhile argument.

Stalin
HH and his Spurmfan minions going full retard here.

hitmanyr2k
01-26-2015, 11:03 PM
:lol don't act like Leonard and Green are weak ass perimeter defender... In a league full of perimeter oriented talent like they are probably the best perimeter defender... For once I will use some HH schtick... Intimidate is so antiquated concept... Nobody needs to intimate to defend properly... You are a fool if you think bulls would spend their time dunking :lol

Not really. I think you guys have been watching the NBA under these pussified rules for too long :lol Intimidation goes a long way but the NBA took that psychological aspect out of the game. Being a Spurs fan you should know this first hand. I still remember the '04 playoffs Tony Parker was having his way against the Lakers in the first two games. Lakers couldn't do shit with him. He was Speedy Gonzales and making Payton look every one of his 50 years. After Game 2 LA said fuck that and started putting Parker on his ass and roughing him up when he came down the lane. He got intimidated and his game was never the same. And the very next year is when they started ushering in the rules to protect perimeter players and started taking the physical aspect out of the game. The point guards and swingmen flourished under this new freedom. They even took advantage of it and started flopping all over the place to get calls.

I love Leonard and Green's defense and I think they would be your only hope but I don't think they would be enough. Guarding slow-footed Lebron and washed up Wade is not the same as guarding Jordan and Pippen in their physical primes. Once either Jordan or Pippen got past them what's stopping them? There's no rim protector like Zo, Shaq, Mutombo, or Ewing waiting in the paint. It's Duncan, Splitter and Diaw :lol Defensively that would be one of the weakest frontlines the 90's Bulls team has ever seen.

Pop will force them to shoot jumpers and again MJ would score 30 a night, Scottie 20 and then what ? In 96 bulls would have to expect 20 from kukoc and Kerr and in 92 from grant Cartwright ?

in defense obviously Scottie is elite and MJ was in 92 but Spurs ball movement in 2014 could score from anywhere with everybody.

the argument of Spurs went hot is ridiculous Spurs shot same than RS and were less efficient from 3s than 2013... This 2014 team is nowhere close to be 2011 mavs in terms of characteristic... Weak argument.

How would Pop force them to shoot jumpers exactly? He applied that crap defense against Lebron because he could get away with it since Lebron had a weak first step, no offensive creativity to his game and was scared to shoot :lol The Spurs couldn't keep a player like Westbrook out of the paint to save their lives but they're going to somehow keep two athletic, skilled freaks like Jordan and Pippen out on the perimeter? I'm not buying it.

Stalin
01-26-2015, 11:05 PM

Valid point, Cuckan really getting overrated by these ****** spurmfans, the league has no skilled bigs, whatsoever, and you only as good as your competition.

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 11:05 PM
Are we supposed to ignore that the Bulls were constantly challenged by teams that had John Starks as their go-to guy and teams led by Reggie Miller(an inferior Ray Allen)?:lmao..John Starks wouldn't even be a starter on a good team in today's league..

They weren't the 2001 Lakers, they were challenged many times by teams with average talent that "played hard"..

The Thunder match up well with the Spurs because they have Ibaka, a super-athletic rim protector that stretches the floor, which is what bothers the Spurs..without him, the Spurs completely destroyed them last year..the Bulls don't have an athletic rim protector, and the Spurs thrive against mid-range oriented perimeter players, as we saw with Dwyane Wade the past 2 years..

These people are somehow ignoring that the Chicago Bulls were challenged by some of the worst "good teams" in league history:lol..:lmao John Starks as the lead guy :lmao..

Stalin
01-26-2015, 11:06 PM

Co sign

midnightpulp
01-26-2015, 11:08 PM

You dumb? Daughtery was a terrible defender who averaged over a 1.0bpg only once in his career.

Daughtery also played only 7 seasons before he retired.

Compare each player's first 7 seasons and then get back to me.

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 11:09 PM
Also factor in how the Heat's aggressive trapping defense which was spearheaded by Lebron and Wade gave the spurs ton of problems back in '13. I remember all the turnovers they forced in that series. Pippen-MJ was at another level compared to that duo they would make it difficult for Parker,Ginobilli,Kawhi to get the ball up the court and would easily force a ton of turnovers.

:lmao uh, what?

The Spurs were something like +95 in the 2013 series when Lebron and Wade were on the floor together..

The Spurs struggled vs. Miami when they had Lebron + 4 shooters around him, look at the numbers..the Bulls wouldn't be able to employ a lineup of Jordan + 4 shooters, they didn't have any reliable stretch bigs, nor did they have the perimeter players to play those roles..

lefty
01-26-2015, 11:10 PM
midnightpulp
Fatass TOSB Magic came back in 96 and bullied a lot of more athletic "advanced" and "sophisticated" players :lol

TOSB MJ had 2 50+ point game and a couple of buzzer beaters in the 2000s :lol

Enough with the BS :lol

I don't see today's superstars coming back as TOSBs and doing stuff like that tbh :lol

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 11:12 PM
Any of the great 80s teams would have defeated the Bulls, too, tbh..

Team ball with great players > Iso ball

UZER
01-26-2015, 11:19 PM
midnightpulp
Fatass TOSB Magic came back in 96 and bullied a lot of more athletic "advanced" and "sophisticated" players :lol

I don't see today's superstars coming back as TOSBs and doing stuff like that tbh :lol

Nobody even wanted to play defense against that aids infected dude gtfoh :lol

Stalin
01-26-2015, 11:20 PM
Not really. I think you guys have been watching the NBA under these pussified rules for too long :lol Intimidation goes a long way but the NBA took that psychological aspect out of the game. Being a Spurs fan you should know this first hand. I still remember the '04 playoffs Tony Parker was having his way against the Lakers in the first two games. Lakers couldn't do shit with him. He was Speedy Gonzales and making Payton look every one of his 50 years. After Game 2 LA said fuck that and started putting Parker on his ass and roughing him up when he came down the lane. He got intimidated and his game was never the same. And the very next year is when they started ushering in the rules to protect perimeter players and started taking the physical aspect out of the game. The point guards and swingmen flourished under this new freedom. They even took advantage of it and started flopping all over the place to get calls.

I love Leonard and Green's defense and I think they would be your only hope but I don't think they would be enough. Guarding slow-footed Lebron and washed up Wade is not the same as guarding Jordan and Pippen in their physical primes. Once either Jordan or Pippen got past them what's stopping them? There's no rim protector like Zo, Shaq, Mutombo, or Ewing waiting in the paint. It's Duncan, Splitter and Diaw :lol Defensively that would be one of the weakest frontlines the 90's Bulls team has ever seen.

How would Pop force them to shoot jumpers exactly? He applied that crap defense against Lebron because he could get away with it since Lebron had a weak first step, no offensive creativity to his game and was scared to shoot :lol The Spurs couldn't keep a player like Westbrook out of the paint to save their lives but they're going to somehow keep two athletic, skilled freaks like Jordan and Pippen out on the perimeter? I'm not buying it.

The goods. Too many retarded |3eaners and leRoid dickriders to see these simple facts. I don't blame them, really, for wanting their favorite players to be on the level of GOAT, but its just not gonna happen.

midnightpulp
01-26-2015, 11:22 PM

I also bring up Shaq, because peak Shaq was far better than any of those 80's centers you mentioned.

Lops like Mark Eaton and Manute Bol would be warming the bench today.

And if you really want to bring the "competition" argument into play, just know that the best wing Kirby played against in any of his title runs was A.I. followed by Carmelo Anthony :lol. He was also outplayed in the '01 series by the former. In addition to that, Kobe was outplayed by: Reggie Miller, Jalen Rose, Austin Croshere, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce. If Kobe is getting outplayed by those average All Star wings, just imagine him in the 80's and early 90's, where wings were much better because the era was so "physical" and they all had "amazing fundamentals." Imagine Kobe having to go against Gervin, King, Dantley, Worthy, Aguirre, Moncrief, prime Jordan, prime Pippen, prime Bird, Clyde Drexler, 'Nique, having to face defenders like Joe Dumars, Michael Cooper, and Alvin Robertson.

Since Kobe could barely hang with Paul Pierce, from this we can easily extrapolate that Kobe=Jeff Malone in the super tough, magical era of 1980's basketball.

midnightpulp
01-26-2015, 11:25 PM
midnightpulp

Didn't I just tell you that great players evolve as the game evolves?

It's why they're "great players."

Floyd Pacquiao
01-26-2015, 11:27 PM
Malik absolutely bullying niggas in this thread

Clipper Nation
01-26-2015, 11:29 PM
Yep. Mainly because of no more expansion watering down the league, no more "contenders" with the likes of Reggie Miller and John Starks as star players, and no more hard fouling being passed off as defense.

:lol '90s basketball

Clipper Nation
01-26-2015, 11:31 PM
And if you really want to bring the "competition" argument into play, just know that the best wing Kirby played against in any of his title runs was A.I. followed by Carmelo Anthony :lol. He was also outplayed in the '01 series by the former. In addition to that, Kobe was outplayed by: Reggie Miller, Jalen Rose, Austin Croshere, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce. If Kobe is getting outplayed by those average All Star wings, just imagine him in the 80's and early 90's, where wings were much better because the era was so "physical" and they all had "amazing fundamentals." Imagine Kobe having to go against Gervin, King, Dantley, Worthy, Aguirre, Moncrief, prime Jordan, prime Pippen, prime Bird, Clyde Drexler, 'Nique, having to face defenders like Joe Dumars, Michael Cooper, and Alvin Robertson.

Since Kobe could barely hang with Paul Pierce, from this we can easily extrapolate that Kobe=Jeff Malone in the super tough, magical era of 1980's basketball.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7n9xtvJ9K1qi4uu3.gif

hitmanyr2k
01-26-2015, 11:35 PM

That was back when real defense was allowed to be played. In today's game this would be an immediate whistle or flop city for most stars trying to embellish contact to get a call. For Jordan this kind of contact was routine which is why he isn't looking at the refs and whining about Mitch being so physical with him.

http://i.imgur.com/xpDLujD.gif

http://i.imgur.com/5unTGRW.gif

Today's stars :lol You would never in your life see Jordan and Pippen pulling this bitch-made shit...

http://cdn.sneakerreport.com/assets/2014/09/3DVH9T.gif

http://i.minus.com/iOaY1qQFAnL3J.gif

http://oi42.tinypic.com/14tuiok.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/9a4fw9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7b1fUmx.gif

lefty
01-26-2015, 11:44 PM
Malik Hairston went Gandalf on us by being the instigator once again :lol

He just had to start another eras comparison thread

Molotov
01-26-2015, 11:44 PM
^ Pathetic, that's why todays game bores me so much, its just a bunch of immature premaddona insecure nigs, not even men, trying to get the most endorsements they can before their chimp window closes, and they back to flipping burgers.

Clipper Nation
01-26-2015, 11:56 PM
:lmao Nostalgiafaggots still acting like flopping is a recent phenomenon and not an age-old tactic dating back to the Auerbach Celtics.

UZER
01-27-2015, 12:08 AM
midnightpulp

Nobody even wanted to play defense against that aids infected dude gtfoh :lol

Tuddy
01-27-2015, 12:15 AM
I'd back last years Spurs against any team in history TBH. Ridiculous ball and player movement, shooting, bigs that can pass, slashers, strong, smart defenders. There's no way anyone could stop them.

daslicer
01-27-2015, 12:47 AM
If the 2014 spurs are better than the 90's bulls are the Spurs the greatest team of all time?

Infinite_limit
01-27-2015, 12:52 AM
Can someone please tell me what is the difference between 2014 Spurs & 2011 Mavericks? Of the two, I'd be more concerned with Chandler in the post and Dirk with the ball in his hands.

36 year old Ginobili creating in crunch time and Diaw protecting the rim HAHAHAHAH

Venti Quattro
01-27-2015, 01:10 AM
Can someone please tell me what is the difference between 2014 Spurs & 2011 Mavericks? Of the two, I'd be more concerned with Chandler in the post and Dirk with the ball in his hands.

36 year old Ginobili creating in crunch time and Diaw protecting the rim HAHAHAHAH

Spurs in 6 games still, tbh

Infinite_limit
01-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Spurs in 6 games still, tbh
I have 2011 Mavericks winning. But it would be close.

Stalin
01-27-2015, 01:59 AM
:rolleyes

Sean Cagney
01-27-2015, 04:02 AM

He said 92 bulls on the thread though and Robinson was a huge faggot? Robinson was ten times Splitter and a HOF and then some, plus he was not on the 014 team so how iss that relevant at all to the question?
I have 2011 Mavericks winning. But it would be close.

Naw, I have the Spurs winning man but yes it would be close.

Brazil
01-27-2015, 07:18 AM

funny btw to think this 72 wins is much less impressive than the 67 wins in 92 tbh... Bulls 92 just won a title and then put together 67 wins, impressive considering team on back to back tend to lay back a bit during RS see Spurs, Heat recently. Besides competition is 92 was stronger than in 96.

Pelicans78
01-27-2015, 07:31 AM
I don't see the 2011 Mavs losing to last year's Spurs. Last year's Mavs took those Spurs to the limit and they weren't nearly as good as the 2011 Mavs.

Pelicans78
01-27-2015, 07:33 AM
People forget how terrible Manu really is and this is in an era where defenders can't touch anyone and spacing is widespread prevalent.

100%duncan
01-27-2015, 07:36 AM
I don't see the 2011 Mavs losing to last year's Spurs. Last year's Mavs took those Spurs to the limit and they weren't nearly as good as the 2011 Mavs.

Obviously, the Spurs were a different team in the first round. A choking one. Thanks to them Texan bro's for wakin the monster up tbh.

Pelicans78
01-27-2015, 07:40 AM
That Mavs team would be a bad matchup especially with Chandler in the paint and the array of 3-point shooters around Dirk. Carlisle's a hell of a coach as well. Great fucking team.

Brazil
01-27-2015, 07:41 AM

:lol you go with intimidation argument using Shaq against a PG of TP size ?

We were discussing dudes like MJ, Pippen, Green, Leonard... so ya intimidation argument is weak sauce... Also your take on Duncan and Splitter is laughable... Duncan has been a beast during the 2014 POs he put a PER at 21 which is higher than Scottie in 92... for the record Split PER is at 19 and Split was arguably best defensive big of the league. Stop acting like this front courst in weak sauce on the D end...

Spurs just not defeated Heat perimeter they destroyed it... They also defended with a lot of success Durant and Westbrook. Serie against OKC has been complicated because of Ibaka not because Westbrook was dunking once in a while... and yes Westbrook took a lot of jumpers against the Spurs... What do you think ? MJ will go all the way walking on Leonard/Green and then walking on D help to dunk at will ?

In fact Spurs 2014 would match up great against Bulls, 2014 Spurs struggled a bit against rim protector and/or bigs shooting from the perimeter... specificity that Bulls did not have.

I think Shaq / Hakeem teams will give them more trouble tbh

Pelicans78
01-27-2015, 07:44 AM
But Jordan had a much better mid range game than Westbrick. Jordan faced much more physical defenses against the Pistons, Knicks, etc. He was powerful in his upper body and could elevate on his jumpshoot.

100%duncan
01-27-2015, 07:50 AM
That Mavs team would be a bad matchup especially with Chandler in the paint and the array of 3-point shooters around Dirk. Carlisle's a hell of a coach as well. Great fucking team.

No doubt. One of the greatest runs of all time tbh. But I'll take 2014 Spurs over '11 Mavs.

Brazil
01-27-2015, 08:38 AM
But Jordan had a much better mid range game than Westbrick. Jordan faced much more physical defenses against the Pistons, Knicks, etc. He was powerful in his upper body and could elevate on his jumpshoot.

not doubt Jordan is a much better player than Westbrick... dude would not chuck 20 shots a night at .35 but in terms of being powerful difficult to be stronger and more explosive than Westchimp at guard position...

Durant, in the other hand, is a more talented scorer than Pippen.

Don't get me wrong Spurs would not stop Pippen and MJ... no way but after these two who is gonna score ? in 92 they could count on Grant but Tim and Split would do a great job on him, the PG position is a black hole... Hiding TP would be the easiest of Pop's career. In 96 they had Kerr and Kukoc but I don't see them delivering big points on a consistent basis on a 7 games serie.

Brazil
01-27-2015, 08:41 AM

I agree 2011 mavs would give more problem to 2014 Spurs than any Bulls team imho but still I'd take 2014 Spurs and I'm a huge fan of 2011 Mavs... impressive run against tough competition. God Dirk in the 4th was just beautiful to watch

Pelicans78
01-27-2015, 08:46 AM
I agree 2011 mavs would give more problem to 2014 Spurs than any Bulls team imho but still I'd take 2014 Spurs and I'm a huge fan of 2011 Mavs... impressive run against tough competition. God Dirk in the 4th was just beautiful to watch

Remember when ESPN had that show in the late 80s and early 90s called NFL Dream Season where they would match previous Super Bowl winners against each other using computer simulations? They should do that with the NBA. I would love to see how the 2014 Spurs and 2011 Mavs matchup plus comparing teams from other eras.

Brazil
01-27-2015, 08:51 AM
Remember when ESPN had that show in the late 80s and early 90s called NFL Dream Season where they would match previous Super Bowl winners against each other using computer simulations? They should do that with the NBA. I would love to see how the 2014 Spurs and 2011 Mavs matchup plus comparing teams from other eras.

The good thing about 2011 Mavs and 2014 Spurs is that there is no preparation improvement, rules change etc... to polute the debate... this is pretty much straight up.

Not sure how these simulations work but should be interesting... I guess you can also simulate that in nba 2K ?

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 08:52 AM
LOL this thread ...
I would agree with those that favor later Bulls even though Rodman gets overrated on here.
Younger MJ was in his prime in the first 3peat but Pippen being in his prime the 2nd go round is a bigger factor. MJ was still the GOAT but Pippen was a top 10 player that pushed that team over the top plus Kukoc was filthy leading the bench ...

I love how Harlem uses stats from this era and plugs them in to another era ...and poof Spurs were the better defensive team over the Bulls ...smh. I do think the Bulls are slightly overrated due to 90's nostalgia The 90's did suffer a bit from the some of the 80's stars fading ...but there was still better bigs than we have today and some great players that MJ beat.

This place gets crazy over recent champs. People were on the Mavs nuts after 2011. Playing the best passing and shooting ball for a month like the 2014 Spurs doesnt make them better than the Bulls just stop it. Only thing GOAT about the Spurs was the passing and 3 point shooting.

Klay was amazing the other night did something no one else has ever done. Doesnt make him a better scorer than MJ.

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 08:56 AM

Loved that show that was great stuff ...

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 09:05 AM

1) 1996 Bulls
2) 1987 Lakers
3) 1986 Celtics

ALL NBA 1st team is a joke. rodman was not playing that level of defense every night and neither was MJ ...both were good. But as we have seen with Kobe guys make 1st team with sometimesy defense all the time. Not saying Bulls arent the GOAT team just saying that using media awards as a factor in your argument uis unwise.

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 09:09 AM

Look I hate Lurch and actually admire Timmy. but if you watch both play in the post McHale had the better post-game. duncan is remarkably effective and the better two way player (though McHale could play strong D)...it's not close. But from a pure post game perspective, McHale was better on the low block ...Duncan has bunch of unorthodox but very effective moves and counters. But MCHale's drop-step etc you can make videos of ...especially because it does not require Lebron level explosion or being a center against PF's to be effective.

Brazil
01-27-2015, 09:09 AM
This place gets crazy over recent champs. People were on the Mavs nuts after 2011. Playing the best passing and shooting ball for a month like the 2014 Spurs doesnt make them better than the Bulls just stop it. Only thing GOAT about the Spurs was the passing and 3 point shooting.

Where this idea of the hot shooting month is coming from tbh ? Spurs did in POs what they were doing during RS... They shot .486 during RS, .49 during POs, they shot .4 from 3s during RS and .41 during POs

There is absolutely nothing flukish about 2014 POs run in terms of shooting compared to RS and btw 2014 stat are pretty comparable in terms of % since season 10-11 for 3s and FG%...

total non sense to summarize this team with the silly they were shooting out of their mind BS

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Where this idea of the hot shooting month is coming from tbh ? Spurs did in POs what they were doing during RS... They shot .486 during RS, .49 during POs, they shot .4 from 3s during RS and .41 during POs

There is absolutely nothing flukish about 2014 POs run in terms of shooting compared to RS and btw 2014 stat are pretty comparable in terms of % since season 10-11 for 3s and FG%...

total non sense to summarize this team with the silly they were shooting out of their mind BS

Oh they were really good all season no doubt. and then the Mavs pushed them to 7. And then they got extremely hot it seems whenever they needed a big 3 they got it. and the 3's were coming from beautiful ball movement. My point is no one was saying the Spurs were the GOAT team in the 2014 regular season ...in fact the Spurs team that OKC backdoor swept was the only Spur team to get that kind of hype ... until AFTER the 2014 destroyed Lebron and crew.

That Bulls team was hyped pre-season, delivered on the hype and then won the title. I expect the Spurs to be overrated on a Spurs board ditto Bulls on their turf but I just dont see how the 2014 Spurs can be compared to those Bulls by someone with no rooting interest.

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 09:16 AM
Brazil, you did not see a change after game 6 vs. the Mavs?
Not sure who posted it but as someone said it was like the Mavs awakened a sleeping giant ...

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 09:19 AM
Also I didnt say it was flukish. Spurs are better than every team imho post Shaqobe tbh ...including the 2008 Celts, 2011 Mavs and repeat KoPau Lakers and Lewade Heat ...

But pitting them against MJ's bulls, Shaqobe Lakers, Bird's Celts, Isiah's Pistons and MAgic's Lakers are a different beast ...

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 09:30 AM
Greatest teams no particular order:

1. MJ Bulls (72 win version due to better offense better perimeter defense)
2. 1987 Lakers Kareem was still very effective Magic had one of his best years and Worthy and Scott were near their prime
3. 1986 Celts (such a great passing team MCHale was healthy Bird filthy and a throwback Walton season)
4. Shaqobe Lakers 2001 (Kobe was better than 2000 and once Shaq got in shape no one could stop him)
5. 2014 Spurs? IDK seems high 83 Sixers, Bad Pistons, 2008 Celts all have cases ...

I will revisit after some more time has passed but cant see 2014 spurs higher than 5th.

Brazil
01-27-2015, 09:33 AM
Oh they were really good all season no doubt. and then the Mavs pushed them to 7. And then they got extremely hot it seems whenever they needed a big 3 they got it. and the 3's were coming from beautiful ball movement. My point is no one was saying the Spurs were the GOAT team in the 2014 regular season ...in fact the Spurs team that OKC backdoor swept was the only Spur team to get that kind of hype ... until AFTER the 2014 destroyed Lebron and crew.

That Bulls team was hyped pre-season, delivered on the hype and then won the title. I expect the Spurs to be overrated on a Spurs board ditto Bulls on their turf but I just dont see how the 2014 Spurs can be compared to those Bulls by someone with no rooting interest.

This team was also at 28 sec to win a title the year before... the fact they were not considered the huge favorite was linked to the age factor and the difficulty to recover from that big chocke job. But 12-13 was also a great team.
Also the fact that nobody considered them as goat just add to their merit. 3s and ball movement is nothing flukish.

Finally where this concept of extremely hot is coming from ? they played a sloppy serie against the mavs that's a fact, post mavs they stepped up but did nothing that different from RS or 12-13 season...

Brazil
01-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Greatest teams no particular order:

1. MJ Bulls (72 win version due to better offense better perimeter defense)
2. 1987 Lakers Kareem was still very effective Magic had one of his best years and Worthy and Scott were near their prime
3. 1986 Celts (such a great passing team MCHale was healthy Bird filthy and a throwback Walton season)
4. Shaqobe Lakers 2001 (Kobe was better than 2000 and once Shaq got in shape no one could stop him)
5. 2014 Spurs? IDK seems high 83 Sixers, Bad Pistons, 2008 Celts all have cases ...

I will revisit after some more time has passed but cant see 2014 spurs higher than 5th.

here the idea is to debate if Spurs 2014 would beat Bulls team not entering in the merit of each team... Bulls is a good match up for this spurs team. Shaq / Kareem / Hakeem teams would give more trouble to the Spurs than the Bulls imho

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 09:45 AM
This team was also at 28 sec to win a title the year before... the fact they were not considered the huge favorite was linked to the age factor and the difficulty to recover from that big chocke job. But 12-13 was also a great team.
Also the fact that nobody considered them as goat just add to their merit. 3s and ball movement is nothing flukish.

Finally where this concept of extremely hot is coming from ? they played a sloppy serie against the mavs that's a fact, post mavs they stepped up but did nothing that different from RS or 12-13 season...

See this Brazil is where watching the game matters for better or worse. Stats can point to a big 3 (last two mins etc.) but when you watch them you see the ones that arent always clutch but the ones that stop a 6-0 run. The reason people are comparing to 2011 Mavs is because that team also had great ball movement and hit timely 3's pretty much every game after some early struggles in the first round. No shame in Spurs being tested by one of the best coaches in the NBA just saying it was not doing anything GOAT worthy either until after that. the thing we have to do if you look at the last few title teams all got hot from 3 as they progressed even the Heat that blew out OKC got hot and of course Ray hit the biggest 3 in NBA history the next year.

Your team was great really great tbh but GOAT just dont see it ... but it doesnt matter to me if you do ... you are fan banging for your squad, I get it.

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 09:45 AM
here the idea is to debate if Spurs 2014 would beat Bulls team not entering in the merit of each team... Bulls is a good match up for this spurs team. Shaq / Kareem / Hakeem teams would give more trouble to the Spurs than the Bulls imho

I get that I just dont see that either. I think a really good series but I say bulls in 6 or 7 ...

DMC
01-27-2015, 09:51 AM
Your team might see the 10 part though.

Pelicans78
01-27-2015, 09:53 AM
I think the 1987 Lakers would win against anyone. I'm biased since I was a Lakers fan growing up in the 80s, but they could pretty much do it all and they had a strong bench too. Too much fire power in the post with Kareem and Worthy, Magic was Magic, and Scott was a solid scorer as well. Green could defend and rebound.

DMC
01-27-2015, 09:55 AM

Pop - CotY
RC - Exec of the Year
Spurs - NBA Champs, record differential in Finals vs a b2b champ and one of the most stacked teams in history.

Marco - 3pt shooting champ...

There was no GOAT player in prime form on the team. No one even in the current top 10. The core is near retirement. They played the best basketball you'll ever see.

ambchang
01-27-2015, 10:34 AM
If the 92 Bulls team were to be transported to 2014 and play against the Spurs, then I will pick the Spurs because of better knowledge of the game and better statistics. But if it was a parallel universe in which the 92 Bulls were given all the advancements of the game over the last 22 years, as well as a Phil Jackson who would continue to steal ideas from other great coaches, then I will give the 92 Bulls an edge.

The 92 Bulls were phenomenal, one of the most dynamic offensive team of its era, and a great defensive team to boot. The Pippen/Jordan duo was the most feared perimeter shut down defense in league history, and with their quick reflexes and long reach, the passing lanes would disappear, and the Spurs will have to adjust. If the Spurs struggled against athletic teams like the Thunder, then the issue would be magnficied against two of the best athletes who are actually dedicated on defense.

On offense, the Bulls strive in the mid-range game, which is the part where the Spurs willingly give their opponents. The Bulls have great spacing, and if things go bad, Jordan will bail them out time after time.

That said, the Bulls struggle against team with an inside scorer, and Duncan will make light work of them. The Spurs are also a way better 3 pt shooting team than any teams the Bulls are accustomed to. Green and Kawhi can just shoot over whoever is assigned to guard them, and if you put Pippen and Jordan on them, Mills and Parker will eat Paxson and Armstrong alive with their quickness. Diaw and Bonner will draw Grant out to the perimeter, while Duncan and Splitter will feast on offensive boards all game long,

I also don't get why it is so far fetched to see Kawhi shutting down Jordan. Payton did that to Jordan, and Kawhi is at least as athletic. That said, I would put Green on Jordan and Kawhi on Pippen. Green will probably get into foul trouble every game by being within 10 feet of Jordan, and this will allow Kawhi to conserve his energy on offense (relatively). Parker could be hidden on Armstrong/Paxson as they are pretty much spot up shooters, Duncan will eat Grant of Cartrwright alive, and Splitter/Diaw will take advantage of any mismatches that come their way.

It will be a great series, but at the end of it, I think the Spurs have the advantage in knowing about the advancements in the game.

As for the 96 Bulls, they played in the most watered down era in basketball since the 70s. It was a great team, just very overrated.

lefty
01-27-2015, 10:40 AM
I think the 1987 Lakers would win against anyone. I'm biased since I was a Lakers fan growing up in the 80s, but they could pretty much do it all and they had a strong bench too. Too much fire power in the post with Kareem and Worthy, Magic was Magic, and Scott was a solid scorer as well. Green could defend and rebound.
It's not bias, I too think they would beat anyone

hitmanyr2k
01-27-2015, 10:42 AM
:lol you go with intimidation argument using Shaq against a PG of TP size ?

Who cares who it was against? I just showed you where intimidation worked against your own team. Of course it's old school now since the NBA white-washed the league for the casual fan. And that ridiculous defensive 3 second rule doesn't hurt to get guys out of the paint as well.

We were discussing dudes like MJ, Pippen, Green, Leonard... so ya intimidation argument is weak sauce... Also your take on Duncan and Splitter is laughable... Duncan has been a beast during the 2014 POs he put a PER at 21 which is higher than Scottie in 92... for the record Split PER is at 19 and Split was arguably best defensive big of the league. Stop acting like this front courst in weak sauce on the D end...

Do you in your right mind think Jordan or Pippen are going to be intimidated by the likes of Green and Leonard on the perimeter or when posting them up? Do you think if they see geriatric Tim Duncan or Splitter in the paint they're going to think twice about getting their shot blocked or altered? Hell no. And fuck PER :lol I'm taking the eye test over PER any day and these guys were not going to keep Jordan and Pippen out of the lane when it came right down to it.

Spurs just not defeated Heat perimeter they destroyed it... They also defended with a lot of success Durant and Westbrook. Serie against OKC has been complicated because of Ibaka not because Westbrook was dunking once in a while... and yes Westbrook took a lot of jumpers against the Spurs... What do you think ? MJ will go all the way walking on Leonard/Green and then walking on D help to dunk at will ?

The Heat weren't anything special on defense all year long. They played in a weak Eastern Conference that made them look better than they were and it didn't prepare them for a motivated Spurs team. They thought they could just flip the switch and were wrong. Westchuck and Durant are idiots. Long jumpers are Durant's best friend. He's not putting any pressure on San Antonio's defense whatsoever. If that shot isn't falling he's worthless. His slashing game and ball handling is average. He can't move without the ball to save his life and when he gets denied the ball by a capable defender he stands like a statue. His post game is non-existent. His defense is hot garbage. He's basically the anti-Jordan/Pippen who excel at all of the things I just mentioned. Westchuck has million dollar tools and a 10 cent brain. He takes too many rushed jumpers and shoots way too many threes that lets San Antonio's defense off the hook. And that idiot coach Scott Brooks just sits back and lives and dies by these two mental midgets. He has no offensive structure at all that keeps his other players involved. Those two duos and the coaching staff of both teams are night and day in comparison.

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Your team might see the 10 part though.

I hope so if we do next year we get another top 3 pick

RsxPiimp
01-27-2015, 02:21 PM
1991-1993 was the apex of Jordan's career. Nobody would've stopped him, not even retard Kiwi.

Let's not even get to Green and Ginobili. :lmao :lmao Jordan would send them crying to their mommies

jsandiego

This old myth again?

jsandiego
My point was that even a great player like Magic could get rattled by weak traps because teams rarely employed them (teams rarely employed any sort of coherent defensive schemes back then). The era's stats are inflated for a reason. And no, it doesn't have much to do with their "superior fundamentals." 90's players had these "same fundamentals" and scoring nose-dived in the decade, which was primarily the result of better team defense being played by contending teams after the Pistons demonstrated that defense could win championships (it also didn't help that the era's offense was heavily iso-oriented).

Today's game is basically a synthesis of 80's team oriented offense and 90's team defense. You can thank our Spurs (and Colangelo's Rule Changes) for the setting the standard :toast

By all measures, this is the toughest (and most aesthetically pleasing, from a basketball purist's point-of-view) era in NBA history.

Cry Havoc
01-27-2015, 03:10 PM
:lol 80s defense. Home of the "Sure, you can have that wide open 12 foot jumper, but we'll be sure to foul you hard once a game and call that good D".

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 03:12 PM
:lol 80s defense. Home of the "Sure, you can have that wide open 12 foot jumper, but we'll be sure to foul you hard once a game and call that good D".

80's is a whole decade and some teams including but not limited to the Pistons played some defense ...many should leave (not you) 80's talk for people that actually watched teams play back then ...

Cry Havoc
01-27-2015, 03:15 PM
80's is a whole decade and some teams including but not limited to the Pistons played some defense ...many should leave (not you) 80's talk for people that actually watched teams play back then ...

Pistons would be THE exception to that rule, and they were at the very end of the 80s. Doesn't it strike you that the first team to play consistent defense suddenly dominated the league? Then Jordan and Pippen caught on and won 6 of 8.

I've watched the games. I've watched games from the FINALS where numerous shooters were given open looks and defenders didn't even close out on them. Didn't even make an effort. I'm not depending on some rose-tinted vision of the NBA I remember from 30 years ago to tell me how good those teams were. It's easy to look them up and watch.

Cry Havoc
01-27-2015, 03:24 PM
Personally I feel like the stars really haven't changed that much, but the role players and supplementary players have improved vastly from the level they were at in the 80s and even to a lesser extent, the 90s.

hitmantb
01-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Pistons would be THE exception to that rule, and they were at the very end of the 80s. Doesn't it strike you that the first team to play consistent defense suddenly dominated the league? Then Jordan and Pippen caught on and won 6 of 8.

I've watched the games. I've watched games from the FINALS where numerous shooters were given open looks and defenders didn't even close out on them. Didn't even make an effort. I'm not depending on some rose-tinted vision of the NBA I remember from 30 years ago to tell me how good those teams were. It's easy to look them up and watch.

This, if any of the old school teams time traveled to 2014 and played 2014 Spurs immediately, they would be destroyed by the advancements made in the last 20 years. The floor spacing, the defensive rotations, and offensive ball movement are all much much better combined with sports medicines and modern diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G1mp1rI-WA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cOXo2z0Dk)

Do you honestly believe either one of these two teams can compete against 2014 Spurs out of box? If they spent a couple of years training with today's technology, maybe. Think about the difference in Olympic records between then and now。

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 04:20 PM

Wasn't directed at you. And watching NBA Classics is not the same as watching during an era. It's like reading a boxscore or watching NBATV highlights you get a piece but not the whole story.

Cry Havoc
01-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Wasn't directed at you. And watching NBA Classics is not the same as watching during an era. It's like reading a boxscore or watching NBATV highlights you get a piece but not the whole story.

Watch that video hitman linked. Tell me that's modern NBA Final level competition you see.

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 04:27 PM
Watch that video hitman linked. Tell me that's modern NBA Final level competition you see.

Mehh modern NBA finals saw the Spurs one of the best coached team ever choke away a title ...Lebron quit more than once, Kobe's 6-24 as well as horrid shooting from everyone in that series not named Artest in Game 7 and Fisher and Ray in spurts. I can easily link highlights of bad Finals play from the last 5 years. Heck even Timmy missed a key bunny ...

Cry Havoc
01-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Mehh modern NBA finals saw the Spurs one of the best coached team ever choke away a title ...Lebron quit more than once, Kobe's 6-24 as well as horrid shooting from everyone in that series not named Artest in Game 7 and Fisher and Ray in spurts. I can easily link highlights of bad Finals play from the last 5 years. Heck even Timmy missed a key bunny ...

Alright I'll flip the script for you. Find me a long sequence of modern era level playoff basketball from any of the team pre-Bad Boy Pistons.

Infinite_limit
01-27-2015, 04:34 PM
I did not remember teams having mental choke jobs like the Thunder, Clippers and Warriors repeatedly in playoffs. Extremely low basketball IQ in today's NBA

Cry Havoc
01-27-2015, 04:39 PM
I did not remember teams having mental choke jobs like the Thunder, Clippers and Warriors repeatedly in playoffs. Extremely low basketball IQ in today's NBA

So wait a sec. Do you actually believe that choke jobs are a recent phenomenon in sports? Can you actually say that with a straight face? Related question: Are you 12?

Killakobe81
01-27-2015, 04:55 PM
So wait a sec. Do you actually believe that choke jobs are a recent phenomenon in sports? Can you actually say that with a straight face? Related question: Are you 12?

I know it was not at me but My point about some of the recent choking is the implication you and others have made that today's level of finals play as being awesome when there is plenty of examples of it being less than so.

The tension of 2010 was amazing but that series was almost as ugly as the Nets/Spurs or Rox/Knicks finals. Just because they play more advanced defense now doesnt make a Finals better played or more enjoyable. In the 80's except for Moses sweep and the Celtics spank of Rox most series were more entertaining than anything we have today I will take the 1980, 1984, 1985 and 1987 Finals over every other finals the past 10 years except 2013 which was played very well despite "6" ...

And even Magic and Bird (especially Magic) choked a Finals ... the key like with the Spurs is avenging the loss. You dont get the other back but if the Spurs never repeat avenging that loss to me makes it the most impressive of the 5.

Brazil
01-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Who cares who it was against? I just showed you where intimidation worked against your own team. Of course it's old school now since the NBA white-washed the league for the casual fan. And that ridiculous defensive 3 second rule doesn't hurt to get guys out of the paint as well.

Do you in your right mind think Jordan or Pippen are going to be intimidated by the likes of Green and Leonard on the perimeter or when posting them up? Do you think if they see geriatric Tim Duncan or Splitter in the paint they're going to think twice about getting their shot blocked or altered? Hell no. And fuck PER :lol I'm taking the eye test over PER any day and these guys were not going to keep Jordan and Pippen out of the lane when it came right down to it.

not sure anymore what's your point :lol I'm saying the intimidation stuff is weak sauce, MJ and Pippen would not be like Green / Leonard would not either... it seems you agree now.

Geriatric Duncan ? :lol TS% at .57, Ortg at 120, Drtg at 104, WS at 3.2 that's better stat lines than 92 POs Pippen... I'd take a geriatric dude like everyday twice a day...

and again MJ / Pippen will have their points and stuff, next question is whoelse ? 92 Bulls have the two best players, Spurs have the next 10...

The Heat weren't anything special on defense all year long. They played in a weak Eastern Conference that made them look better than they were and it didn't prepare them for a motivated Spurs team. They thought they could just flip the switch and were wrong. Westchuck and Durant are idiots. Long jumpers are Durant's best friend. He's not putting any pressure on San Antonio's defense whatsoever. If that shot isn't falling he's worthless. His slashing game and ball handling is average. He can't move without the ball to save his life and when he gets denied the ball by a capable defender he stands like a statue. His post game is non-existent. His defense is hot garbage. He's basically the anti-Jordan/Pippen who excel at all of the things I just mentioned. Westchuck has million dollar tools and a 10 cent brain. He takes too many rushed jumpers and shoots way too many threes that lets San Antonio's defense off the hook. And that idiot coach Scott Brooks just sits back and lives and dies by these two mental midgets. He has no offensive structure at all that keeps his other players involved. Those two duos and the coaching staff of both teams are night and day in comparison.

it's quite easy in retrospect to say the Heat / OKC ain't no shit :lol

Cry Havoc
01-27-2015, 05:15 PM
I know it was not at me but My point about some of the recent choking is the implication you and others have made that today's level of finals play as being awesome when there is plenty of examples of it being less than so.

The tension of 2010 was amazing but that series was almost as ugly as the Nets/Spurs or Rox/Knicks finals. Just because they play more advanced defense now doesnt make a Finals better played or more enjoyable. In the 80's except for Moses sweep and the Celtics spank of Rox most series were more entertaining than anything we have today I will take the 1980, 1984, 1985 and 1987 Finals over every other finals the past 10 years except 2013 which was played very well despite "6" ...

And even Magic and Bird (especially Magic) choked a Finals ... the key like with the Spurs is avenging the loss. You dont get the other back but if the Spurs never repeat avenging that loss to me makes it the most impressive of the 5.

Agree for the most part. IMO level of play usually (but not always) correlates with enjoyment and positive viewing experiences.

Cry Havoc
01-27-2015, 05:17 PM
it's quite easy in retrospect to say the Heat / OKC ain't no shit :lol

Yeah, before the Finals started the Heat were already being placed into the pantheon of all-time great teams. Even after Game 2, when the Spurs showed that they could AT LEAST stay close to the Heat, everyone said the Spurs were in trouble. Queue the most dominating 3 games in NBA Finals history and suddenly the Heat were a bad team, even though they made the Finals 4 years in a row. :lol

lefty
01-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Today's game is boring tbh

3 ball 3 ball 3 ball

Booooooooooring

hitmanyr2k
01-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Yeah, before the Finals started the Heat were already being placed into the pantheon of all-time great teams. Even after Game 2, when the Spurs showed that they could AT LEAST stay close to the Heat, everyone said the Spurs were in trouble. Queue the most dominating 3 games in NBA Finals history and suddenly the Heat were a bad team, even though they made the Finals 4 years in a row. :lol

Bullshit :lol Most analysts acknowledged how shitty the Eastern Conference was. Even the majority of analysts on ESPN, Bron's own network, was picking the Spurs to win it all. If a team is being placed into the pantheon of all-time great teams you're sure as hell not picking their opponent to beat them.

Stalin
01-27-2015, 06:02 PM
Killakobe81 and hitmanyr2k, bringing the facts, the rest just trying to push their weakass agenda or going full retard to protect their heroes.

Cry Havoc
01-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Bullshit :lol Most analysts acknowledged how shitty the Eastern Conference was. If a team is being placed into the pantheon of all-time great teams you're sure as hell not picking their opponent to beat them.

4 straight finals

2 titles back to back

Many pundits had them winning a 3rd.

back to back to back is pretty much an all-time great regardless of conference strength.

Even the majority of analysts on ESPN, Bron's own network, was picking the Spurs to win it all.

You might want to source that, otherwise I'm just going to call you out for making shit up.

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2014/06/nba_finals_2014_experts_predict_whether_the_heat_o r_spurs_will_come_out_on_top_in_the_finals_rematch .html

http://www.ibtimes.com/spurs-vs-heat-expert-predictions-betting-odds-series-preview-2014-nba-finals-1594386

ESPN analysts split 3-3

And you try to say I'm full of shit. :lol

hitmanyr2k
01-27-2015, 06:22 PM
4 straight finals

2 titles back to back

Many pundits had them winning a 3rd.

back to back to back is pretty much an all-time great regardless of conference strength.

You might want to source that, otherwise I'm just going to call you out for making shit up.

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2014/06/nba_finals_2014_experts_predict_whether_the_heat_o r_spurs_will_come_out_on_top_in_the_finals_rematch .html

http://www.ibtimes.com/spurs-vs-heat-expert-predictions-betting-odds-series-preview-2014-nba-finals-1594386

ESPN analysts split 3-3

And you try to say I'm full of shit. :lol

Bron's own network picking the Spurs to win 12-6, but they were supposed to be put on a pedestal...into the pantheon....of great teams :lol

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sGcUoVOGCd8/U45A4Hy-xkI/AAAAAAAAALo/fbqwp67cZl8/w304-h664-no/spursvsheat2014.JPG

Chomag
01-27-2015, 06:22 PM
today's game is either 3 balls or Dunks. I do miss me some quality midrange game.

Cry Havoc
01-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Bron's own network picking the Spurs to win 12-6, but they were supposed to be put on a pedestal...into the pantheon....of great teams :lol

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sGcUoVOGCd8/U45A4Hy-xkI/AAAAAAAAALo/fbqwp67cZl8/w304-h664-no/spursvsheat2014.JPG

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1612444-could-miami-heat-be-the-best-team-in-nba-history-with-dominant-playoff-run

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2014/06/03/miami-heat-lebron-james-dwyane-wade-chris-bosh-three-peat-history-finals-vs-san-antonio-spurs/9938623/

You act like you've never heard of people talking about the Heat as one of the GOAT teams. :lol

DMC
01-27-2015, 06:51 PM
I hope so if we do next year we get another top 3 pick

At that rate, in 10 years you'll have a decent squad.

midnightpulp
01-27-2015, 08:48 PM

You kidding?

Karl Malone has more of them on his personal resume than those 3 teams combined. Magic and the Lakers choked badly in '84. The New York Knicks have their fair share. You had Nick Anderson missing 4 straight FTs at the end of a crucial Finals game.

There's a litany of chokejobs from that era.