PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Without Bogut..

Malik Hairston
01-28-2015, 04:58 AM
Do they get past the first round without Bogut, tbh?

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2015, 05:00 AM
Unlikely against OKC, yes against Phoenix.

Malik Hairston
01-28-2015, 05:07 AM
Unlikely against OKC, yes against Phoenix.

What about against New Orleans?

I hate Montyball, Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordon, but the Unibrow/Asik frontcourt may overwhelm a Warriors team with Speights and Lee(they're both what, like 6'8, maybe 6'9?) at C..

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2015, 05:09 AM
What about against New Orleans?

I hate Montyball, Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordon, but the Unibrow/Asik frontcourt may overwhelm a Warriors team with Speights and Lee(they're both what, like 6'8, maybe 6'9?) at C..
Pelicans are too raw. Warriors will run over them mainly because of the first three individual you mentioned above :lol

Nathan89
01-28-2015, 05:20 AM
Warriors get past Okc with or without bogut. Okc will not win with their inefficient outside jumpshots taken in isolation after isolation.

JohnnyMax
01-28-2015, 05:44 AM
OKC bigs cannot take advantage of Bogut's absence because they have no post game.

Mal
01-28-2015, 06:25 AM
They`ll easily win vs OKC. Big coaching advantage for Warriors, and OKC isnt powerhouse under the rim.

mystargtr34
01-28-2015, 07:15 AM
Bogut would have a big effect on the shots Westbrook and Durant get at the rim.. especially Westbrook.. so imo without Bogut i would take Thunder in 6.. with Bogut.. Warriors in 6 or 7.

Franklin
01-28-2015, 08:58 AM
even with Bogut they're still a 2nd round bounce tbh. The WCF will feature Spurs and Mavs this season, it'd be a pity if either team gets knocked out before WCF.

100%duncan
01-28-2015, 09:31 AM
OKC can beat them healthy vs healthy imho.

PingPong
01-28-2015, 09:35 AM
F**g Bogut earns 14 million/year?

ambchang
01-28-2015, 10:17 AM
Bogut's the cog, always has been always will be.

Without him, the GSW are like the Run TMC version or late 80s Suns. Definition of a donut team.

Bogut is a rebounder and interior defender that is necessary for a perimeter dominating team to be successful.

Killakobe81
01-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Bogut's the cog, always has been always will be.

Without him, the GSW are like the Run TMC version or late 80s Suns. Definition of a donut team.

Bogut is a rebounder and interior defender that is necessary for a perimeter dominating team to be successful.

This.

Also not sure I like the Mavs for the wCF as much as I did pre-rondo. He is an upgrade no doubt, but I think the fit with ellis is poor, tbh.

spurraider21
01-28-2015, 11:15 AM
as ive been saying, healthy bogut is a game changer for the squad. last year they lost because they had no answer for fucking deandre jordan :lol

sook
01-28-2015, 03:31 PM
OKC would roll over GS if there aren't any injuries :lol

I'd make the bet right now.

Cry Havoc
01-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Without Bogut I'd take GSW in 6-7. Who do the Thunder have to slow down the Warriors offense? They going to put Abaka on Klay? :lol

With Bogut that series ends in 5. The Dubs are a nightmare matchup for the Warriors, and OKC is lucky they haven't run into them in the playoffs before.

Clipper Nation
01-28-2015, 03:55 PM
The Bogut excuse is really getting old, at some point it's just the Warriors' fault for building a team that's so reliant on such an injury-prone player.

Leetonidas
01-28-2015, 04:08 PM
The Warriors play the fastest pace in the league and suck balls in the half court. OKC may not be a great offensive team but they have two top 10 players and they have filled their bench out nicely and they can play at a slower pace than GSW can be effective at imo. And they have the Roberson kid who isn't a defensive slouch. OKC shouldn't be worried about guarding Klay or Curry because Russ and KD are both better players anyway tbh.

Though Scott Brooks is an atrocious coach. I'm not saying Golden State has no chance but I think they are a gimmick team that will be outed in the postseason. If you're relying on an often injured big man to carry your defense and two jumps shooters to carry the offense, I don't think it will work tbh. Iggy and Klay are solid defenders and so is Green for sure but Bogut is their main cog on that end and like I said relying on someone who is routinely injured isn't gonna pay off too much. Look at Cavs and Varajeo imo