100%duncan
01-28-2015, 10:43 AM
:lmao they suck

:lol Ronda

:lol 20 pt beatdown at home
:lol

Spurs 4 The Win
01-28-2015, 11:23 AM
I said this when they acquired Rondo, they would get significantly worse. You cant build your team around jumpshooters and then have your primary ballhandler be unable to shoot. L:lolL tbh

Phillip
01-28-2015, 12:49 PM
I said this when they acquired Rondo, they would get significantly worse. You cant build your team around jumpshooters and then have your primary ballhandler be unable to shoot. L:lolL tbh

You must be retarded as hell, considering the team was by no means built around jumpshooters, and even before Rondo, consistent jumpshooting was an issue for the team.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-28-2015, 02:41 PM
You must be retarded as hell, considering the team was by no means built around jumpshooters, and even before Rondo, consistent jumpshooting was an issue for the team.

Really? So Dirk and Ellis taking spot up jumpers 20+ times a game and then kicking out for three pointers when they arent taking 2 point jumpshots isnt a jumpshooting team? LOL

POPownsJackson
01-28-2015, 03:21 PM
16-10 since the trade, how is that significantly worse?

quentin_compson
01-28-2015, 04:36 PM
The Mavs neither got significantly better nor significantly worse by trading for Rondo.
But watching him shoot the basketball is really ugly. Strange that someone can have such great hands when it comes to passing ability but at the same time can be more or less unable to shoot from anywhere.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-28-2015, 05:04 PM

They are 11-7 since Rondo joined the team so.... yeah, that is significantly worse than the 19-9 ball they were playing before

Jenks
01-28-2015, 05:22 PM

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2013/07/MARK-CUBAN2.jpg

They are 11-7 since Rondo joined the team so.... yeah, that is significantly worse than the 19-9 ball they were playing before

http://espn.go.com/photo/2011/0425/dal_a_cuban01_576.jpg

POPownsJackson
01-28-2015, 05:32 PM
I read the schedule wrong but considering where they are seeded right now it still isnt. People on this site just like to exaggerate things. Same with the Josh Smith to Houston even tho they are still pretty much ranked the same. Everyone also clowned them about the Parsons thing, people on here just look for one reason after another to make a stupid ordeal about.

If Dallas wins tonight its "lol houston since josh smith trade" if Houston wins tonight its "lol Dallas since Rondo trade" :sleep

weebo
01-28-2015, 05:56 PM
I read the schedule wrong but considering where they are seeded right now it still isnt. People on this site just like to exaggerate things. Same with the Josh Smith to Houston even tho they are still pretty much ranked the same. Everyone also clowned them about the Parsons thing, people on here just look for one reason after another to make a stupid ordeal about.

If Dallas wins tonight its "lol houston since josh smith trade" if Houston wins tonight its "lol Dallas since Rondo trade" :sleep

lol fakers

2pac > Kobe
01-28-2015, 05:58 PM
I still got the mavs ringin tbh, playoff rondo is legit imo

POPownsJackson
01-28-2015, 06:27 PM
lol fakers
im not a laker fan

Mnky
01-28-2015, 07:25 PM
people on here just look for one reason after another to make a stupid ordeal about.

FkLA
01-28-2015, 07:59 PM
They were always cute little pretenders. Only retards aka mavfans thought they were legit bc they took the champs to 7 games last season. :lol

Franklin
01-28-2015, 09:00 PM
It's nothing new for us to struggle against teams that are extremely strong in the paint imho. TC is our best defender at low post and even TC is rather thin as a center tbh, it's really no surprise we got bullied by those beefy nigs when the two of Marc and Randolph probably weigh more than our entire starting 5 combined.

weebo
01-28-2015, 10:16 PM
:lol

Franklin
01-28-2015, 10:20 PM
R0nd0 :lmao
starting PG laying an egg tonight :lmao

Mugen
01-28-2015, 10:38 PM
:lol 1st round exit

FkLA
01-28-2015, 11:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9XKJQWml.jpg

and the champs gave them a month head start :lol

Splits
01-28-2015, 11:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9XKJQWml.jpg

and the champs gave them a month head start :lol

Spurs played 31 WC games, waaayyyyy more than any other WC playoff team besides the R:lolckettes

Phillip
01-29-2015, 01:23 AM
Really? So Dirk and Ellis taking spot up jumpers 20+ times a game

I understand this was hyperbole, but Ellis doesn't take many spot up jumpers a game at all. In fact, he is among the league leaders at drives to the basket. Then Parsons I believe is top 2 at his position for drives to the basket. Harris and Barea, while capable of hitting jumpers, are best when attacking. In fact, the only rotation players that you could really say are primarily jump shooters, are Dirk and Jefferson. :lmao great analysis, faggot :tu

and then kicking out for three pointers when they arent taking 2 point jumpshots isnt a jumpshooting team? LOL

Are you retarded? Name me a team that doesn't kick out for open 3 pointers when their drives/post ups are taken away.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-29-2015, 10:39 AM
I understand this was hyperbole, but Ellis doesn't take many spot up jumpers a game at all. In fact, he is among the league leaders at drives to the basket. Then Parsons I believe is top 2 at his position for drives to the basket. Harris and Barea, while capable of hitting jumpers, are best when attacking. In fact, the only rotation players that you could really say are primarily jump shooters, are Dirk and Jefferson. :lmao great analysis, faggot :tu

Are you retarded? Name me a team that doesn't kick out for open 3 pointers when their drives/post ups are taken away.

L:lolL 7th Seed
L:lolL Mavs
L:lolL losing by 30 in a game 7
L:lolL 5>1

Phillip
01-29-2015, 02:13 PM
L:lolL 7th Seed
L:lolL Mavs
L:lolL losing by 30 in a game 7
L:lolL 5>1

Oh so basically this is an admission of you not knowing what you are talking about. Glad you finally admitted it.

lol gnsf

hater
01-29-2015, 02:18 PM
chandler looks soft as fuck.

He is a shadow of the 2011,Chandler. They are not going anywhere if he keeps playing like this

Spurs 4 The Win
01-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Oh so basically this is an admission of you not knowing what you are talking about. Glad you finally admitted it.

lol gnsf

You are the moron dude. Mavs average 26.5 3's per game, as much as the golden state warriors. That is a jumpshooting team tbh.

Raven
01-29-2015, 05:20 PM

lolakers

Phillip
01-29-2015, 05:27 PM
You are the moron dude. Mavs average 26.5 3's per game, as much as the golden state warriors. That is a jumpshooting team tbh.

Great narrow-minded research tbh.

Do they shoot a lot of 3s? Sure. Why? Mainly because Dirk/Ellis gets doubled so frequently that they have a lot of teammates wide open from 3. What else are they supposed to do when those shots are wide open? Take them. Additionally, they don't have a particularly strong 3 point shooting team, therefore teams intentionally leave a lot of their shooters wide open, in hopes that they miss. That is evident by the fact that they shoot so many 3's, yet only connect on around 35% of them as a team, which is league average.

Despite not shooting a great % on the large number of 3's that they take, they are still top 5 in FG%. So what does that say? They must be getting a lot of high percentage shots, despite teams packing the paint and leaving their shooters open.

Additionally, what are the main ways in which they create their offense?
1) Ellis driving
2) Dirk posting up
3) Parsons driving

The way their offense attacks is what results in open jumpers, but that doesn't mean they are a jumpshooting team. Their focus is on getting shots as close to the rim as possible, and they are extremely effective at it. They are a pretty mediocre jumpshooting team though, hence defenses being willing to concede jumpers to them.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Great narrow-minded research tbh.

Do they shoot a lot of 3s? Sure. Why? Mainly because Dirk/Ellis gets doubled so frequently that they have a lot of teammates wide open from 3. What else are they supposed to do when those shots are wide open? Take them. Additionally, they don't have a particularly strong 3 point shooting team, therefore teams intentionally leave a lot of their shooters wide open, in hopes that they miss. That is evident by the fact that they shoot so many 3's, yet only connect on around 35% of them as a team, which is league average.

Despite not shooting a great % on the large number of 3's that they take, they are still top 5 in FG%. So what does that say? They must be getting a lot of high percentage shots, despite teams packing the paint and leaving their shooters open.

Additionally, what are the main ways in which they create their offense?
1) Ellis driving
2) Dirk posting up
3) Parsons driving

The way their offense attacks is what results in open jumpers, but that doesn't mean they are a jumpshooting team. Their focus is on getting shots as close to the rim as possible, and they are extremely effective at it. They are a pretty mediocre jumpshooting team though, hence defenses being willing to concede jumpers to them.

Exactly my point, over 50% of the shots from the Mavs are 3 pointers or 2 point jumpshots. Teams make them take those because if not they will get high percentage looks inside. I think we both agree the mavs dont want to be a jumpshooting team but are forced into it because they dont hit 3's at a high enough clip. Plus, every time Dirk "posts up," it almost certainly ends with his patented fade away jump shot that almost always goes in.

POPownsJackson
01-29-2015, 09:15 PM
im not a laker fan

lolakers
:lmao UTSA reading comprehension

Phillip
01-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Exactly my point, over 50% of the shots from the Mavs are 3 pointers or 2 point jumpshots. Teams make them take those because if not they will get high percentage looks inside. I think we both agree the mavs dont want to be a jumpshooting team but are forced into it because they dont hit 3's at a high enough clip. Plus, every time Dirk "posts up," it almost certainly ends with his patented fade away jump shot that almost always goes in.

........... so this proves that the Mavs are a jumpshooting team, how?

Taking jumpers when they are wide open, and making your primary offensive focus on shooting jump shots are two very different things.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-29-2015, 10:36 PM
........... so this proves that the Mavs are a jumpshooting team, how?

Taking jumpers when they are wide open, and making your primary offensive focus on shooting jump shots are two very different things.

What I was saying is that a majority of shots they take are jumpshots, which they are. Therefore, I would call them a jumpshooting team.

spurraider21
01-29-2015, 11:05 PM
chandler looks soft as fuck.

He is a shadow of the 2011,Chandler. They are not going anywhere if he keeps playing like this
this.

in all honesty, they probably should have just kept him after the 2011 finals, imo

Phillip
01-30-2015, 01:37 AM
What I was saying is that a majority of shots they take are jumpshots, which they are. Therefore, I would call them a jumpshooting team.

Neat.

Still doesn't make you correct. Sorry gnsf.

Stalin
01-30-2015, 06:23 PM
this.

in all honesty, they probably should have just kept him after the 2011 finals, imo

Really?

Dirk Oneanddoneski
01-30-2015, 07:08 PM
I want to know where this scrub half breed came from and why has he been made big daddy's backup?

spurraider21
01-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Really?
just my opinion