PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Mavs Lost the Pick And Roll

mavsfan1000
01-29-2015, 01:50 AM
With the lost of Wright. Harris says it has effected him and his teammates. No more open 3's.

sook
01-29-2015, 01:53 AM
no

spurraider21
01-29-2015, 01:54 AM
ok

mavsfan1000
01-29-2015, 02:00 AM
no
Yes. He is the Amare Stoudemire off the bench.

sook
01-29-2015, 02:02 AM
Yes. He is the Amare Stoudemire off the bench.
No.

Their problem is a whole lot of Ronda. The game was close, but for some reason I wasn't even worried. Even while driving the guy couldn't do anything...total liability on offense and provided only little benefit on D. That's your problem. That Parsons guy can shoot and slash btw. Get a sharp shooting PG and you'll get much better spacing for everybody else to operate.

mavsfan1000
01-29-2015, 02:04 AM
No.

Their problem is a whole lot of Ronda. The game was close, but for some reason I wasn't even worried. Even while driving the guy couldn't do anything...total liability on offense and provided only little benefit on D. That's your problem. That Parsons guy can shoot and slash btw. Get a sharp shooting PG and you'll get much better spacing for everybody else to operate.
Harris had great chemistry with Wright. Now Harris is struggling. What a coincidence.

sook
01-29-2015, 02:08 AM
Harris had great chemistry with Wright. Now Harris is struggling. What a coincidence.

stop bitching. Harris has been washed up for years...thats not where your fault lies. If harris (who has been in the league for a while) is complaining about it, Carlisle needs to unbutton his shirt so he can suckle on his teet.

mavsfan1000
01-29-2015, 02:13 AM
stop bitching. Harris has been washed up for years...thats not where your fault lies. If harris (who has been in the league for a while) is complaining about it, Carlisle needs to unbutton his shirt so he can suckle on his teet.
You can't just throw shit to the wall and expect to grow chemistry. Powell obviously can't excl in what Wright could do. Thus the Mavs bench has been shit since the bench can't figure it out how to work together offensively.

Franklin
01-29-2015, 05:12 AM
We'll be fine as soon as Jermaine is signed, tbh. Wright couldn't create his own shots and he was overrated on both ends of the floor. I'm sure Jermaine would do a much better job for us and make you guys completely forget about Wright tbh.

jermaine
01-29-2015, 07:57 AM
We'll be fine as soon as Jermaine is signed, tbh. Wright couldn't create his own shots and he was overrated on both ends of the floor. I'm sure Jermaine would do a much better job for us and make you guys completely forget about Wright tbh.

DaFuq!?!

jermaine
01-29-2015, 08:01 AM
Franklin I've already signed with the Dallas Area Rapid Transit.

Killakobe81
01-29-2015, 08:39 AM
That loss did hurt your bench. Rondo has mucked up the chemistry with the starters. IF anyone can figure it out it's RC and Rondo should help the defense come playoffs.

djohn2oo8
01-29-2015, 08:53 AM
No.

Parsons is pretty bad on D himself (109 DRting). His problem is he doesn't rebound enough, nor play defense.

Bulaien999
01-29-2015, 09:08 AM

The Corpse of Jermaine Oneal is not in game shape, so what makes you think he will be balling out of the gate??

Jodelo
01-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Wright was awesome against the bad teams, sucked against good teams. Sure the Mavs lack another C but that trade would be done again and again. Giving up "nothing" for Rondo is a no-brainer. I trust RC to figure it out, if he can't no one can.

mavsfan1000
01-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Wright was awesome against the bad teams, sucked against good teams. Sure the Mavs lack another C but that trade would be done again and again. Giving up "nothing" for Rondo is a no-brainer. I trust RC to figure it out, if he can't no one can.
Sorry. There is no place to hide a guard that can't shoot. Teams will pack the paint and force Rondo to shoot. If Rondo can't even make an open shot, that changes everything. The other team only has to guard 4 players when Rondo is on the perimeter. Think of all the spacing problems that will cause. We desperately need a spot up shooter to fix spacing.

Raven
01-29-2015, 12:22 PM
You can't just throw shit to the wall and expect to grow chemistry. Powell obviously can't excl in what Wright could do. Thus the Mavs bench has been shit since the bench can't figure it out how to work together offensively.

that's quite irrelevant in the playoffs tbh

KL2
01-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Damn I didn't know Dallas's defense was so bad this year, Harris/Dirk's DRPM is pretty terrible, some of the worst defensive players in the NBA, Parson's is pretty bad as well. Not Tony Parker bad, but pretty bad. Chandler is carrying their defense.

Wright's ORPM was pretty good, they'll definitely miss him offensively.

SPM
01-29-2015, 12:42 PM
No.

Nigga stop talking like you know ball. Shut the fuck up........

i agree with with the OP, Harris and Barea lost their safety net in BlWright, both guys have looked like utter garbage since the trade. Mavs bench is holding em back big time. When Charlie V and Dwight Powell are getting minutes that's a bad sign. Jermaine O'Neal will be a welcomed addition but they need another shooter off the bench

SPM
01-29-2015, 12:51 PM
That Aminu guy looked pretty damn good last night, he was all over the court blocking shots and being a pest. Supposedly he isn't getting minutes, RC prefers Jefferson :lol

Phillip
01-29-2015, 02:19 PM
That Aminu guy looked pretty damn good last night, he was all over the court blocking shots and being a pest. Supposedly he isn't getting minutes, RC prefers Jefferson :lol

Carlisle has been back and forth between them. Early in the season, Aminu got more minutes, then for about a month, Jefferson was getting more minutes, now its back to Aminu.

With such a heavy roster turnover, Carlisle has to do a lot of lineup testing to see what works, which also is contributing to some of the inconsistencies, especially lately after losing their 2nd longest tenured player in Wright, and adding a new PG in Rondo.

As long as he can have it figured out by the end of the season, the Mavs will be fine. No one is catching GS, and seeds 2-7 are all basically equal hell, so being healthy and in a groove by seasons end is more important at this point than anything else. Any of the top 7 teams in the West could legitimately make a push, or get on a hot streak and make it to the Finals. All of them. Even if OKC sneaks into the 8th seed, they perhaps could even make a legit Finals push as well if they are on a roll. It's pretty impressive actually.

Beaverfuzz
01-29-2015, 02:27 PM
With the lost of Wright. Harris says it has effected him and his teammates. No more open 3's.

Good, fuck them.

Franklin
01-29-2015, 08:03 PM
we're like a drowning man who'd grab at every straw. there's no guarantee Jermaine would bail us out immediately but he's worth a try at least. it may be Jermaine or someone else, and such cheap defensive bigs ain't that hard to find in the market imho. even a Jackie Butler type of dogshit would help us a lot tbh.

Franklin
01-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Carlisle has been back and forth between them. Early in the season, Aminu got more minutes, then for about a month, Jefferson was getting more minutes, now its back to Aminu.

With such a heavy roster turnover, Carlisle has to do a lot of lineup testing to see what works, which also is contributing to some of the inconsistencies, especially lately after losing their 2nd longest tenured player in Wright, and adding a new PG in Rondo.

As long as he can have it figured out by the end of the season, the Mavs will be fine. No one is catching GS, and seeds 2-7 are all basically equal hell, so being healthy and in a groove by seasons end is more important at this point than anything else. Any of the top 7 teams in the West could legitimately make a push, or get on a hot streak and make it to the Finals. All of them. Even if OKC sneaks into the 8th seed, they perhaps could even make a legit Finals push as well if they are on a roll. It's pretty impressive actually.
I agree with you bro. It seems to me that we're deliberately procrastinating when we can sign a cheap big anytime. The absence of a backup C gives us a good reason to tank these games in the regular season, which aren't that important anyway because 2-7 seeds will be equal hell, as you pointed out above. I fathom we will sign Jermaine or Okafor (or even both, for the best scenario) a month before the playoffs begin, so niggas will have enough time to adapt to our system and then make significant contributions to our campaign in the post season.

monosylab1k
01-29-2015, 08:21 PM
They're just in a slump. This team is built for postseason success as long as everyone stays healthy. The problem is so are 7 other teams out West. But I honestly don't see any matchups where I feel the Mavericks have no shot. They'll push every team 7 games. A first round knockout would be a failed season, but I think they have the pieces to get to the WCF.

monosylab1k
01-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Assuming he isn't completely finished, Dirk will turn it up come playoff time. So will Tyson and Rondo. Monta will beast. The x-factor is Parsons. If he shows up too, this team will go deep into the playoffs. If he looks like the typical streaky little bitch he's been all year, then it gets alot tougher.

SPM
01-29-2015, 08:30 PM
I agree with Mono. Dallas is gonna be a monster come postseason, their fans might prefer they start on the road. They play like utter shit at home.

Franklin
01-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Parsons has been playing fine lately imho. What worries me most is if Rondo will flip the switch on as you expect him to when shit really matters. That said, I don't see us going anywhere in the playoffs with Powell being our backup C. On top of all we need to sign a real backup for TC, even a washed up one like Okafor or Jermaine would do us a lot of good tbh.