PDA

View Full Version : Brent Grimes wife goes in on the league

unleashbaynes
01-29-2015, 10:31 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/26/wife-of-dolphins-brent-grimes-blasts-the-nfl-in-long-profane-twitter-rant/?tid=hybrid_control_strip_2

Damn.......those are some pretty harsh truth sandwiches....

monosylab1k
01-29-2015, 11:48 AM
Someone needs to get his bitch in check.

The Gemini Method
01-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Someone needs a heavier dose of Norcos or Vicodin...but she does make some good points in her rant. Gotta give her credit for sounding semi decent on a 140 word count.

JamStone
01-29-2015, 11:59 AM
I thought it was great.

cantthinkofanything
01-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Yeah...I was kind of like..."you go girl"...then

Brent signed a 4yr 32M contract with 16M guaranteed. U better beleve he wont see that other 16M! They can opt out after the guaranteed.

and I was like...oh yeah...they actually do pay these motherfuckers

JamStone
01-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Someone needs to get his bitch in check.

He can't. He's a light skin negro who married a dark skin bitch. He lost his balls when he gave her the ring. That's why so many light skin black guys fuck around with fat white chicks.

Trainwreck2100
01-29-2015, 12:24 PM
He can't. He's a light skin negro who married a dark skin bitch. He lost his balls when he gave her the ring. That's why so many light skin black guys fuck around with fat white chicks.

as soon as i saw her profile i was like "you fucked up grimey"

Raven
01-29-2015, 12:49 PM
not sure why the nfl should care about anything aside of itself.

Blizzardwizard
01-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Mhmm, bet she doesn't complain about the NFL when they signing her husband's paycheck.

Chris
01-29-2015, 04:18 PM
So she risked her husband's career because she had a tooth ache?

JamStone
01-29-2015, 05:24 PM
So she risked her husband's career because she had a tooth ache?

"Risk" is a pretty strong way of describing things. Grimes asked permission to be excused from a pro bowl practice. Again, a practice... for the fucking pro bowl. Missing a pro bowl practice is something akin to missing a voluntary off season OTA. Hardly something that would or should "risk" his career. Further, when he asked to be excused, Garrett and the NFL DID EXCUSE him from the practice. The issue was that because he missed a practice, the NFL didn't pay him for his paid appearances. I'd be pretty salty about that too.

Categorize her tirade however you want, she made a helluva lot of good points criticizing the NFL, like the hypocritical difference between owners and teams being able to opt out of contracts but players get bashed and fined for holding out to get a new contract. Also, something that has been talked about before, but if the NFL cared so much about the health of the players, why the hell are there Thursday night games where players get only 4 days of rest? And then she cites the domestic abuse commercial campaign the NFL implemented after the Ray Rice video and how they never wanted to do shit until that incident despite her knowing of a bunch of incidents of women getting beat up that the NFL knew about before all that.

She didn't bring this up specifically, but also how about the NFL standing to make somewhere in the neighborhood of between half a billion to over a billion dollars from the Superbowl in ticket sales and commercials and merchandise sales, yet they ask for UNPAID VOLUNTEERS to work the game at the stadium. I mean, what's a few tens of thousands of dollars total to some of these "volunteers" when the league is making a billion dollars from the game? The NFL might be the most popular sport in America, but it's a piece of shit organization.

Again, I thought the twitter-tirade was great. Not just fun to read because it's a black chick going off, but because of all the truth bombs she was dropping.

Chris
01-29-2015, 05:46 PM
"Risk" is a pretty strong way of describing things. Grimes asked permission to be excused from a pro bowl practice. Again, a practice... for the fucking pro bowl. Missing a pro bowl practice is something akin to missing a voluntary off season OTA. Hardly something that would or should "risk" his career.

I'm sure a lot of players in the league would love to go the Pro Bowl, and would treat a practice for such just as importantly as a regular season game. Coach Garret and one NFL executive excused him from practice naturally, which was the right thing to do on their part -at his request. It was selfish of her to require her husband's assistance for something as minor as oral surgery. Especially considering she probably got a 5 star oral surgeon, (with their above average income) and the best antibiotics/painkillers money could buy. He was being a good husband; she was being a bad wife imo