PDA

View Full Version : Fivehead might actually retire after all?

Clipper Nation
01-29-2015, 10:54 PM

:lol Must be tired of choking every year, tbh.

spurraider21
01-29-2015, 10:59 PM
he's probably negotiating playcalling privileges with Kubes

dirk4mvp
01-29-2015, 11:07 PM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/eli-manning-chargers04.jpg

Avante
01-30-2015, 12:47 AM
What an amazing QB this guy has been. He'd be there with Montana. Brady and Johnny U on the Mount Rushmore of QB's.

This...but he only won one SB....means nothing. Marino/Fouts/Tarkenton/Kelly never won one while Dilger/McMahan/Johnson/Williams did.

The all time TD leader is one of the really important NFL records. That takes longevity at the top.

But I hope he does retire, it's real obvious his physical abilities are begging him to to.

Clipper Nation
01-30-2015, 12:57 AM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/eli-manning-chargers04.jpg

Thanks for reminding me that Fivehead doesn't even lead his own family in the ring count :lol

Avante
01-30-2015, 01:06 AM
Thanks for reminding me that Fivehead doesn't even lead his own family in the ring count :lol

Yep

Johnny U
Dan Marino
Andrew Luck
Philip Rivers
Jim Kelly
Fran Tarkenton
Sonny Jurgenson
Dan Fouts
Kenny Stabler
Warren Moon

can't hold a candle to Trent Dilfer, he won SB and they never did.

I wonder about you sometimes guy, you never seem to realy understand anything. A word like...context...fucks you all up.

spurraider21
01-30-2015, 01:13 AM
Yep

Johnny U
Dan Marino
Andrew Luck
Philip Rivers
Jim Kelly
Fran Tarkenton
Sonny Jurgenson
Dan Fouts
Kenny Stabler
Warren Moon

can't hold a candle to Trent Dilfer, he won SB and they never did.

I wonder about you sometimes guy, you never seem to realy understand anything. A word like...context...fucks you all up.
Ken Stabler did win a superbowl. against tarkenton no less

Avante
01-30-2015, 01:16 AM
Ken Stabler did win a superbowl. against tarkenton no less

I was thinking of Ken Anderson and typed Kenny Stabler....weird!

Funny how we read/hear......he only won one SB...and.....winning a SB is a team effort....ha~~~~~~~~~~

spurraider21
01-30-2015, 01:18 AM
and pointless lists are supposed to be your one great asset. i wonder how much you've fucked up on track lists that nobody cared about enough to vet

Avante
01-30-2015, 01:22 AM
and pointless lists are supposed to be your one great asset. i wonder how much you've fucked up on track lists that nobody cared about enough to vet

Actually winning $$$$ betting the spread is my one great asset. Knowing about all the footballers/tracksters/blues cats/sci fi authors just something to do. Being able to school you.anyone on their favorite teams another just something to do.

Lists always look so clean and neat.

Raiders 100 meters

lane

1.Ron Brown Olympian
2.James Jett Olympian
3.Jacoby Ford 10.01
4.Sam Graddy Olympian
5.Wilie Gault Olympian
6.Alvis Whitted 10.07
7.James Trapp 10.14
8.Cliff Branch 9.2y

Thebesteva
01-30-2015, 02:14 AM

:lol Must be tired of choking every year, tbh.

I dont see how he could come back. Transitioning to a new coach that isnt a good fit and he looked like absolute shit. But if he retires now, he will always be known for not showing up at the end compared to what he could have pulled off which is winning a SB.

spurraider21
01-30-2015, 02:16 AM
I dont see how he could come back. Transitioning to a new coach that isnt a good fit and he looked like absolute shit. But if he retires now, he will always be known for not showing up at the end compared to what he could have pulled off which is winning a SB.
would you rather have manning back for a year, and then after 2015 begin to transition to Osweiler, or would you rather acquire Russell Wilson this offseason

Avante
01-30-2015, 02:19 AM

By who? Not by me and I doubt anyone who gets....teams win/lose....will see it that way.

There have been thousands of guys play QB in the NFL, to be among the top three/four is pretty special. To lead the NFL in anything is very special.

Thebesteva
01-30-2015, 03:19 AM
would you rather have manning back for a year, and then after 2015 begin to transition to Osweiler, or would you rather acquire Russell Wilson this offseason

I dunno honestly, I dont know much about Osweiler but he looked like shit during his few moments of gameplay. I am dissapointed in Manning, I was never a fan of his because he would beat the shit out of our Broncos when Jake the Snake Plummer was at helm. But I adopted him as 'our guy' the same way I did for Malone in 2004.

Much like Malone and those 2004 Lakers, this will be a sad memory with these Broncos. I don't think ever getting an aged legend has worked out well when they are the corner stone of the teams offense.

spurraider21
01-30-2015, 03:21 AM
I dunno honestly, I dont know much about Osweiler but he looked like shit during his few moments of gameplay. I am dissapointed in Manning, I was never a fan of his because he would beat the shit out of our Broncos when Jake the Snake Plummer was at helm. But I adopted him as 'our guy' the same way I did for Malone in 2004.

Much like Malone and those 2004 Lakers, this will be a sad memory with these Broncos. I don't think ever getting an aged legend has worked out well when they are the corner stone of the teams offense.
except manning had some dominant campaigns for Denver... he just fizzled after his injury (and of course, choked in the superbowl... but thats not unexpected with manning)

Thebesteva
01-30-2015, 03:53 AM
except manning had some dominant campaigns for Denver... he just fizzled after his injury (and of course, choked in the superbowl... but thats not unexpected with manning)

I dont blame Manning for the superbowl. The warning signs were there much like the Lakers in 2004. Our defense was depleted, guys that were on the practice squad had to be hired for the superbowl.

There were key injuries in offense too. In the meantime, we were wondering how the fuck the entire Seahawks roster was healthy with the exception of 1 player (forget his name). This is where Malik and a lot of fans claim PED usage. I dunno, at the end of the day, PED's aside, people will always remember that the Seahawks fucking killed the Broncos in last years SB and won fair and square.

Im not sure who I'm rooting for in this SB, though I wish the Colts or some other quasi likeable team made it instead of the two scumbag teams of the NFL. As for my Broncos, I think its going to be a looooong while before we win a SB.

spurraider21
01-30-2015, 04:01 AM
I dont blame Manning for the superbowl. The warning signs were there much like the Lakers in 2004. Our defense was depleted, guys that were on the practice squad had to be hired for the superbowl.

There were key injuries in offense too. In the meantime, we were wondering how the fuck the entire Seahawks roster was healthy with the exception of 1 player (forget his name). This is where Malik and a lot of fans claim PED usage. I dunno, at the end of the day, PED's aside, people will always remember that the Seahawks fucking killed the Broncos in last years SB and won fair and square.

Im not sure who I'm rooting for in this SB, though I wish the Colts or some other quasi likeable team made it instead of the two scumbag teams of the NFL. As for my Broncos, I think its going to be a looooong while before we win a SB.
i know brandon browner was out, but he was suspended. Sidney Rice was on the IR. Percy Harvin was out most of the year but played in the conference championship and superbowl. it also helps most of seattle's core players are really young. it was year 2 for wilson, wagner... year 3 for sherman, maxwell, wright, baldwin, kearse... year 4 for chancellor, thomas, okung, tate, thurmond.

surely there's luck to it. a lot of teams miss out of title hopes in various sports because of injuries. often times the champ is just the healthiest of the elite group

Aztecfan03
01-30-2015, 04:14 AM
What an amazing QB this guy has been. He'd be there with Montana. Brady and Johnny U on the Mount Rushmore of QB's.

This...but he only won one SB....means nothing. Marino/Fouts/Tarkenton/Kelly never won one while Dilger/McMahan/Johnson/Williams did.

The all time TD leader is one of the really important NFL records. That takes longevity at the top.

But I hope he does retire, it's real obvious his physical abilities are begging him to to.

Why does it mean so much when talking about Wilson?

Thebesteva
01-30-2015, 05:21 AM
i know brandon browner was out, but he was suspended. Sidney Rice was on the IR. Percy Harvin was out most of the year but played in the conference championship and superbowl. it also helps most of seattle's core players are really young. it was year 2 for wilson, wagner... year 3 for sherman, maxwell, wright, baldwin, kearse... year 4 for chancellor, thomas, okung, tate, thurmond.

surely there's luck to it. a lot of teams miss out of title hopes in various sports because of injuries. often times the champ is just the healthiest of the elite group

In my experience, the healthiest team has ALWAYS won. Infact, I can't recall a time in my experience the injured team won. Of course it's sports, so I'm sure there are several examples in history ie MJ's supposed flu game which isnt truly an injury but more of a 1 game shitty situation.

In fact, every single year as a Laker fan, we won when we were the healthiest team and lost if we weren't healthy. We beat the Spurs every year when they had a few injuries and lost every year when we had a few injuries. We lost to the Celtics in 2008 when our key players Bynum and Ariza were out and we beat the Celtics when Perkins was out. In fact, Miami this previous year had no chance as D-Wade was injured and Spurs were too deep.

That's why I crack up over the injury excuse in general, its part of the game. It's not just about getting to the championship game, its about being healthy.

spurraider21
01-30-2015, 05:23 AM
In my experience, the healthiest team has ALWAYS won. Infact, I can't recall a time in my experience the injured team won. Of course it's sports, so I'm sure there are several examples in history ie MJ's supposed flu game which isnt truly an injury but more of a 1 game shitty situation.

In fact, every single year as a Laker fan, we won when we were the healthiest team and lost if we weren't healthy. We beat the Spurs every year when they had a few injuries and lost every year when we had a few injuries. We lost to the Celtics in 2008 when our key players Bynum and Ariza were out and we beat the Celtics when Perkins was out. In fact, Miami this previous year had no chance as D-Wade was injured and Spurs were too deep.

That's why I crack up over the injury excuse in general, its part of the game. It's not just about getting to the championship game, its about being healthy.
agree in general, but D-Wade wasn't injured :lol

during the ECF against Indiana, the talk was "the heat are going back, and Wade is healthier than last year, he looks like a new man" etc

Avante
01-30-2015, 01:46 PM
Why does it mean so much when talking about Wilson?

I get a kick out of the dummies here. So I have fun making them looker even dummer.

Before the draft I said...."keep an eye on this Russell Wilson kid" that got a...."he's too short" 'you cursed him" "he's a monkeyballer" "you're stupid, RGIII is far better" "you're stupid Andrew Luck is far better". Now it's funny watching how they try everything to get around the fact I was right on and they were stupid. So I run with it.

If the Seahawks win it's always...Lynch and that D did it. If they lose...RUSSELL wILSON SUCKS!...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!

I have fun rubbing their nose in it.

If RW has a great SB and they win....crickets...or....he got lucky. If he has a bad game and they lose....HEY AVANTE TALK ABOUT RW SOME MORE....hahahaha!!!!!!!!! It's fucking funny watching this.