PDA

View Full Version : OT: Raise the bar

rogues
01-30-2015, 10:31 PM
I challenge each and every one of you unproven posters to raise the bar. You are the future of this forum. Legends have come and go, as you all can see, legends have become part-timers. You full-timers need to get your shit straight and ball the fuck out.

FlAVaK
01-30-2015, 10:35 PM
Wasn´t there a raise-the-bar-movement like 5 yrs ago?! See what happened since then...

Splits
01-30-2015, 10:36 PM
OP nightwear:

https://img0.etsystatic.com/045/0/6830186/il_340x270.707772480_pdk5.jpg

rogues
01-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Wasn´t there a raise-the-bar-movement like 5 yrs ago?! See what happened since then...
That one didn't do much but since prospects were great..they were enough to uphold the forum..posters like yours truly, CN and Harlem 2.0 made this forum exciting..we can only do so much..we've become part-timers..

Venti Quattro
01-30-2015, 10:52 PM
I find it hard to believe that forum users here will actually raise the quality since this is probably one of the few places on the cyberspace where users can be complete degenerates without consequence. If we tried to raise the quality here, this place would be Real GM.

rogues
01-30-2015, 10:55 PM
I find it hard to believe that forum users here will actually raise the quality since this is probably one of the few places on the cyberspace where users can be complete degenerates without consequence. If we tried to raise the quality here, this place would be Real GM.
Real GM isn't quality..I get what you're saying though..

Spurs 4 The Win
01-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Lol, the fags that want us to raise the bar are the reason this forum blows :lol

rogues
01-30-2015, 10:57 PM
Lol, the fags that want us to raise the bar are the reason this forum blows :lol
:lol It's because of soft newb peasants like yourself that this forum has suffered severe losses

UZER
01-30-2015, 10:58 PM
I challenge each and every one of you unproven posters to raise the bar. You are the future of this forum. Legends have come and go, as you all can see, legends have become part-timers. You full-timers need to get your shit straight and ball the fuck out.

Here's an idea to "raise the bar"

How bout you retire your handle

rogues
01-30-2015, 11:00 PM
Here's an idea to "raise the bar"

How bout you retire your handle
My part time posting tonight will be a reason hundreds of people will lurk, while multiples of 10 will post..you should be honored that I'm here..

Splits
01-30-2015, 11:00 PM

Truth.

Clipper Nation
01-30-2015, 11:02 PM
You can just hear the bar being lowered every time CuckSplitman posts, tbh.

UZER
01-30-2015, 11:04 PM
My part time posting tonight will be a reason hundreds of people will lurk, while multiples of 10 will post..you should be honored that I'm here..

Sad

spurraider21
01-30-2015, 11:04 PM
the bar would be raised if the circle-jerking stopped. op you are largely responsible for this

StrengthAndHonor
01-30-2015, 11:05 PM
Can you name specifics?

01-30-2015, 11:07 PM
It's funny because OP probably contributed more to the decline of this site than the so called no name posters he's calling to "raise the bar :lol

Clipper Nation
01-30-2015, 11:08 PM
the bar would be raised if the circle-jerking stopped.

Exactly. The EC's haters need to stop circlejerking.

Robz4000
01-30-2015, 11:12 PM
So what brought this thread on? Not that I don't agree.

daslicer
01-30-2015, 11:14 PM
I'm in awe of the OP's ability to have a hundred troll accounts and to pretend to be a different person on each account. That takes a lot of skill.

Splits
01-30-2015, 11:18 PM
So what brought this thread on? Not that I don't agree.

He lost a main and an alt today. He can't live without ST attention and CN (the only guy who still thinks thundercuck/apeshit/HH/Malik/rogues/thosepedoalts aren't the same sad sack) licking his taint

spurraider21
01-30-2015, 11:20 PM
He lost a main and an alt today. He can't live without ST attention and CN (the only guy who still thinks thundercuck/apeshit/HH/Malik/rogues/thosepedoalts aren't the same sad sack) licking his taint
wtf malik was banned too? :lol

why? dont even know why apalisoc got banned tbh

UZER
01-30-2015, 11:20 PM
I'm in awe of the OP's ability to have a hundred troll accounts and to pretend to be a different person on each account. That takes a lot of skill.

That's not skill. That's pathetic

Venti Quattro
01-30-2015, 11:23 PM
Not that I don't agree.
Ditto, but you really can't achieve anything with the guise of anonymity. You wouldn't be able to put a poster in his place b/c you don't know what he looks, how much is his bank account is, what's his race, sexual orientation, so you can't put someone in the proper place if you don't know anything about the person.

In the end, this forum is a huge roundtable of circle jerking and guessing.

Robz4000
01-30-2015, 11:24 PM
Wait, Harlem got banned? The fuck?

lefty
01-30-2015, 11:25 PM
Raising the bar?

San Antonio forum?

Raisng an arm would be a good start

Venti Quattro
01-30-2015, 11:25 PM
Raising the bar?

San Antonio forum?

Raisng an arm would be a good start

Burritos would be raised

Clipper Nation
01-30-2015, 11:27 PM
They aren't the same person, tbh. Kori can confirm.

dont even know why apalisoc got banned tbh
You begged, that's why.

lefty
01-30-2015, 11:27 PM
Burritos would be raised
They can do that

After a proper Taco warmup

Splits
01-30-2015, 11:28 PM
wtf malik was banned too? :lol

why? dont even know why apalisoc got banned tbh

Ask the OP

http://i.imgur.com/CZ9RJvL.png

lefty
01-30-2015, 11:29 PM
WTF is this shit

Harlem speaks the truth and he gets banned for it?

:lol fat phaggots, Terny cocksuckers

midnightpulp
01-30-2015, 11:35 PM
I'm a Spurstalk/NBA Forum lifer as long as the site stays up, coming here is indeed one of my day's pleasures, but the entertainment value has been lacking lately. No feuds. Not much trolling, outside the occasional Kobe bait thread. Opposing fanbases not posting much.

The biggest culprit is obviously the Lakers sucking ass, which has acted like the proverbial light bulb scattering the cockroaches back into the drywall. Sure, the good, non-troll Lakers fan have stuck around, but "the big 3" along with a few of their minions (Toht, History2b, Deuce, etc) have all but disappeared, only appearing for quick hit-and-runs.

Then you have the Mav Crew and their trolls not posting much. They're a needed presence, since the Mavs are indeed one of the Spurs biggest rivals.

The Heat breaking up and sending Timmy2Zo into the void was another blow. His unflinching optimism was always an effective troll device.

All the typical Spurfan posters have remained, which is a big plus, but the problem is without any opposition to work with, it becomes an echo chamber of Kirby and Durbeta jokes. This is one reason why the old man is missed. He was the perfect in his role of defending Kobe against all comers, deflecting our insults with jabs at Duncan. But alas, he's sulking in his reading room again.

"To boil it down," we simply need an infusion of other fanbases that aren't afraid to stir up some shit. Be cool to see some Warriorfan and more Thunderfan trolls. Though I'm not sure how that's going to happen when registration is closed.

We'll figure something out.

midnightpulp
01-30-2015, 11:39 PM
:lol What did Harlem do this time?

jeebus
01-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Certainly doesn't help that the only new user approved since :cry it still hurts :cry was a dipshit neckbeard that entertained the retarded masses upstairs for a couple weeks during the offseason.

Splits
01-30-2015, 11:42 PM
WTF is this shit

TIMMYtoZO making a comeback in 3... 2... 1...

01-30-2015, 11:53 PM
Certainly doesn't help that the only new user approved since :cry it still hurts :cry was a dipshit neckbeard that entertained the retarded masses upstairs for a couple weeks during the offseason.

:lmao

spurraider21
01-30-2015, 11:58 PM
so apparently harlem didn't get banned, he just begged for attention by changing his caption to "banned"

he's approaching xmas1997 faking his death levels tbh. sad, he was once a very proud prominent poster... resorting to this

UZER
01-31-2015, 12:17 AM
so apparently harlem didn't get banned, he just begged for attention by changing his caption to "banned"

he's approaching xmas1997 faking his death levels tbh. sad, he was once a very proud prominent poster... resorting to this

The heat losing lasting year confused him. He's going Bruce Jenner crazy.

spurraider21
01-31-2015, 12:19 AM
Being completely wrong about LeBron leaving confused him. He's going Bruce Jenner crazy.

Splits
01-31-2015, 12:57 AM

WTF is this shit

:lol What did Harlem do this time?

:cry he duped us :cry

http://i.imgur.com/8WO0BOz.png

lefty
01-31-2015, 12:59 AM
:lol

Calispursfan11
01-31-2015, 02:04 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/im-not-saying-op-is-a-faggot-but-op-is-a-faggot.jpg

daslicer
01-31-2015, 02:10 AM
"To boil it down," we simply need an infusion of other fanbases that aren't afraid to stir up some shit. Be cool to see some Warriorfan and more Thunderfan trolls. Though I'm not sure how that's going to happen when registration is closed.

We'll figure something out.

I think this is what has really killed the forum is the lack of infusion of new fanbases due to registration being closed. Prior to registration not being closed this forum used to get an infusion of new fans every year that added to it and kept things interesting.

Franklin
01-31-2015, 02:39 AM
if you don't like some poster why not just snitch on them and get them banned straight away, tbh?

DMC
01-31-2015, 02:45 AM
Like clockwork. Someone says "be a better poster" and an avalanche of shit posters descend on the thread and start in with the worn out memes, gifs and schticks. I know some of you Armenian faggots and sand crickets don't get main stream media over there, too busy kidnapping and killing tourists and stinking up taxis, but at least you could do something unique, just once. Nope. Go back 6 years and the same shit memes are being used except then they were funny.

Antoniobanderas.gif etc..

DMC
01-31-2015, 02:53 AM
I think this is what has really killed the forum is the lack of infusion of new fanbases due to registration being closed. Prior to registration not being closed this forum used to get an infusion of new fans every year that added to it and kept things interesting.

Decent posters got tired of saying the same stupid shit over and over so they left, plus some of them actually have careers now. After that the faggots infested this place. Now you have people like Califaggotfan, Shitman, Philo and Lefty's stupid takes like graffiti all over the forum, shitty graffiti, not the cool stuff. Rarely see a thread now that goes pages in just a few minutes like you did in the past when M>S would drop a nuke and the place would shut down for a while. Never see anyone get pinked now. It's not just about new blood. It's that the guys who wouldn't make a troll account without having something to do with it first, stopped posting on the regular. All you have now are the hit and run pussies and fake internigg3rs.

TrainOfThought5
01-31-2015, 06:22 AM

Damn.... he made and posted under ALL THOSE alts?? Jesus Christ wtf kinda no life loser shit is that?

Trill Clinton
01-31-2015, 11:43 AM
Like clockwork. Someone says "be a better poster" and an avalanche of shit posters descend on the thread and start in with the worn out memes, gifs and schticks. I know some of you Armenian faggots and sand crickets don't get main stream media over there, too busy kidnapping and killing tourists and stinking up taxis, but at least you could do something unique, just once. Nope. Go back 6 years and the same shit memes are being used except then they were funny.

good post. respect.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-31-2015, 12:33 PM
Spur raider just might be the worst poster of all time, tbh..

Calispursfan11
01-31-2015, 12:41 PM

Lol

JamStone
01-31-2015, 01:01 PM
There's nothing to do to help the messageboard. And it's not going to get better. Old or new posters won't change things. Some things just get old. And then you let them fade away off into the sunset.

It's like everything else. When something is new, it's cool. It's exciting. From records to 8 track tapes to cassette tapes to cds to mp3s. At first, all of those things were pretty cool. Then they got old, stale. Then the next new thing was cool. Then it got old, stale. And so on.

Early 2000s, posting on sports forums was cool, exciting. And then trolling was cool, exciting. Then shit got old, stale. You're not going to get it back to cool and exciting. Shit got old. We got old. If you post on here, don't post hoping to find that same excitement 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. You're not going to get it. Post if you want to talk sports or if you just want to waste time or to occasionally make fun of people or whatever. But lower your expectations. Trying to raise the bar of something obviously unraisable at this point is a futile endeavor. The forum is what it is. It's not going to get much better, probably won't get much worse. It plateaued and this is what you have.

Just accept it.

Killakobe81
01-31-2015, 01:03 PM
WTF is this shit

Damn, dmc went ether on someone

spurraider21
01-31-2015, 02:16 PM
I don't think anybody on this forum lives in Armenia, js

GuerillaBlack
01-31-2015, 04:27 PM
Wait until April and it'll pick up.

spurraider21
01-31-2015, 06:06 PM
Spur raider just might be the worst poster of all time, tbh..
:lol still bitter about the massage therapist line

Infinite_limit
01-31-2015, 06:14 PM
http://www.tlnt.com/media/2012/01/Raise-the-bar-200x189.jpg

DJR210
01-31-2015, 09:16 PM
Got posters taking from Glen's playbook now..

Venti Quattro
01-31-2015, 11:11 PM
Moving on is part of life and the Spurstalk posting greats have moved on with their lives. This forum got old and they also aged and probably grew tired of it. Priorities changed, maybe they have a wife and some kids now, and so posting in an internet message board is not part of their routine now. There are some posters who have great careers in real life and are still able to post here on a regular basis, and that's great, but that is not always the case.

As JamStone said, it's not going to get better. We'll continue to see people regurgitating memes, lame schticks, posters changing allegiances every year, the whole shebang that merited this thread. This message board's purpose is not what it was once. Before, the forum was a place to talk basketball and troll other fans whose takes were glaringly bad. Today, the forum is just a place for degenerates of all kind, without any regard for decency. Those are two different things.

lefty
01-31-2015, 11:41 PM
:lol Killakobe81