PDA

View Full Version : Hawks: When The Streak Ends...

Calispursfan11
01-31-2015, 06:51 AM
I see them dropping a bunch of games right after just like every other team that has a long winning streak (for instance going 6-4 or 4-6 after the streak ends). The bubble pops so guys take it easy/lose confidence and snap back into the reality of their limitations. This is a historic streak but it's obviously not sustainable.

Luckily for the Hawks the East is a JV league in comparison to the West and there is still plenty of season left for them to regain their footing after the streak ends. They will still end up 1 or 2 seed in the East but the Wizards, Cavs and Raptors will make a run at them.

rocknblues81
01-31-2015, 10:43 AM
I see them dropping a bunch of games right after just like every other team that has a long winning streak (for instance going 6-4 or 4-6 after the streak ends). The bubble pops so guys take it easy/lose confidence and snap back into the reality of their limitations. This is a historic streak but it's obviously not sustainable.

Luckily for the Hawks the East is a JV league in comparison to the West and there is still plenty of season left for them to regain their footing after the streak ends. They will still end up 1 or 2 seed in the East but the Wizards, Cavs and Raptors will make a run at them.

The problem with this theory is that they had a 9 game winning streak before this streak started and they didn't go on a big losing streak after that streak ended.

Why are people so impressed with the Wizards? They haven't done anything.

All they have is Wall (Good, but he plays reckless) Beal (good shooter, but not much else) and a bunch of role players. People talk about their bigs, but it's not like MG and Nene are the twin towers. Their decent players and that's all. They're not athletic enough to match up with Sap and Horford.

Moreover, Whitman is one of the worse coaches in the NBA. He has no clue what he is doing.

ducks
01-31-2015, 10:45 AM
Hawks won 12 straight against west

rocknblues81
01-31-2015, 10:52 AM
The Hawks took the best that the Pistons front court could offer and they're way better than Washington's front court.

hater
01-31-2015, 11:31 AM
I remember when the rockets won 21 games or so just a few years ago :lol

This Hawks team is better. But they are not beating Cleveland in 7 games.

Calispursfan11
01-31-2015, 12:35 PM
The problem with this theory is that they had a 9 game winning streak before this streak started and they didn't go on a big losing streak after that streak ended.

Why are people so impressed with the Wizards? They haven't done anything.

All they have is Wall (Good, but he plays reckless) Beal (good shooter, but not much else) and a bunch of role players. People talk about their bigs, but it's not like MG and Nene are the twin towers. Their decent players and that's all. They're not athletic enough to match up with Sap and Horford.

Moreover, Whitman is one of the worse coaches in the NBA. He has no clue what he is doing.

Not impressed with the Wizards, tbh. They have slipped a bit as well (more like a reg. season team). The Hawks have a very good playoff type team that has proven they can hang with anyone. But not even the best of the best (i.e. Spurs over the past decade) are immune from serious slumping. Like I said, I think it is good that the streak is likely to end soon. Better for the team to experience some self doubt and adversity now than right before the playoffs tbh. That said, the Hawks play my favorite of any East team at present and are built for a deep playoff run.

Calispursfan11
01-31-2015, 12:38 PM

Cleveland's defense needs to improve even more if they plan on beating the Hawks in a playoff series imho. Lebron will be beasting again by then but he can't do it alone anymore. The other two of the Cavs big three are not what Wade and Bosh were tbh.

DMC
01-31-2015, 12:57 PM

Don't underestimate a team that moves the ball and has solid role guys, top notch outside shooters and a coach.

ambchang
01-31-2015, 02:36 PM
The Hawks are legit. It's more to do with coaching and the team makeup than anything else, which is unlike the rockets that was heavily reliant on two players (TMac and Yao), or a player going on a tremendous hot streak that he has no business having (Jennings with the Pistons, Lin with the Knicks, etc ....).

The Hawks are like a hydra, you cut off one head, and there's still 4 heads, you can't really kill it that easily, and the chances of all of their players struggling at the same time is minimal.

That said, they are heavily dependent on Horford, like GSW is reliant on Bogut. Horford had some health issues, and once he goes, the Hawks have no chance in the playoffs and would become very vulnerable.

Calispursfan11
01-31-2015, 04:00 PM
The Hawks are legit. It's more to do with coaching and the team makeup than anything else, which is unlike the rockets that was heavily reliant on two players (TMac and Yao), or a player going on a tremendous hot streak that he has no business having (Jennings with the Pistons, Lin with the Knicks, etc ....).

The Hawks are like a hydra, you cut off one head, and there's still 4 heads, you can't really kill it that easily, and the chances of all of their players struggling at the same time is minimal.

That said, they are heavily dependent on Horford, like GSW is reliant on Bogut. Horford had some health issues, and once he goes, the Hawks have no chance in the playoffs and would become very vulnerable.

Good post except they're not a hydra if they depend upon Whoreford. Surely someone like Patrick Beverley will take him out.

UZER
01-31-2015, 04:18 PM

Lebrons kryptonite is teams that move the ball well. He can't defend all 5 positions. He lost to the mavs, spurs (should've been twice). The only team he handled well was the ball stopping no offense thunder.

Hawks have a legit chance against them because its not just a good offense. It's a really good offense with solid players.

The question for the hawks is how will the handle not have that one go to guy in the final moments of games. Hopefully someone takes up that role in the playoffs before they meet.

ambchang
01-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Good post except they're not a hydra if they depend upon Whoreford. Surely someone like Patrick Beverley will take him out.

:lol, true.

I meant from an offensive perspective.

Calispursfan11
01-31-2015, 04:29 PM
:lol, true.

I meant from an offensive perspective.

I agree. Defensively they will be compromised when Whoreford goes down.

Calispursfan11
01-31-2015, 04:30 PM
Lebrons kryptonite is teams that move the ball well. He can't defend all 5 positions. He lost to the mavs, spurs (should've been twice). The only team he handled well was the ball stopping no offense thunder.

Hawks have a legit chance against them because its not just a good offense. It's a really good offense with solid players.

The question for the hawks is how will the handle not have that one go to guy in the final moments of games. Hopefully someone takes up that role in the playoffs before they meet.

It's probably gonna be Teague or Millsap tbh. Korver if open and time is winding down... All decent options.

rocknblues81
02-01-2015, 12:37 AM
Not impressed with the Wizards, tbh. They have slipped a bit as well (more like a reg. season team). The Hawks have a very good playoff type team that has proven they can hang with anyone. But not even the best of the best (i.e. Spurs over the past decade) are immune from serious slumping. Like I said, I think it is good that the streak is likely to end soon. Better for the team to experience some self doubt and adversity now than right before the playoffs tbh. That said, the Hawks play my favorite of any East team at present and are built for a deep playoff run.

The team (don't laugh) has been slumping somewhat.

Teague's offensive game has been off for a few weeks, and the perimeter defense has slipped the last 5 games. 5 straight teams have hit 37.5% (or better) in 3's against them. Pero's shot has been off also. It's just that Millsap and Horford have been so good.

They played pretty mediocre against Portland with the exception of that 4th period. They had a tough time putting Minnesota and the Nets away. They had a tough game against Philly tonight. I know it's strange to say that they have been slumping, but here have been so struggles the last few weeks.

Venti Quattro
02-01-2015, 12:38 AM
The team (don't laugh) has been slumping somewhat.

Plus they're starting to lose players to injuries like the rest of the league... Sefolosha is out for 6-8 weeks, how long is Demarre out?

rocknblues81
02-01-2015, 12:41 AM
Plus they're starting to lose players to injuries like the rest of the league... Sefolosha is out for 6-8 weeks, how long is Demarre out?

We don't know.

John Jenkins came off the bench and scored 9 points... The scoring should be fine... This team has plenty of guys that can score, but defense is another matter. No way do they beat GS without Carroll and Thabo. I don't think that it's even possible.

Infinite_limit
02-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Hawks will win the Super Bowl

rocknblues81
02-01-2015, 12:44 AM
When you can score points you will win a lot of games.... Great shooting masks a lot of issues that you might have, but I do believe the team is somewhat slumping.

On the bright side, if this is what a slump looks like... Then it's going to be a good second half of the season.

Venti Quattro
02-01-2015, 12:44 AM
I think the Hawks will start to come back down to Earth in Feb, they'll lose some games but still maintain a very good record. They have a killer 6-game West Coast trip in March though. Games against PHX, GSW and an OKC team trying to make the cut in the West...

Venti Quattro
02-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Also, come to think of it, if Tobias Harris didn't hit that fluke game winner against Atlanta, they also could have had a 16-game winning streak, in addition to the 19 they're sitting on right now.

Franklin
02-01-2015, 12:48 AM
mavs also ended a streak tonight, their 5 game losing streak prior to this game :depressed

rocknblues81
02-01-2015, 12:53 AM
I think the Hawks will start to come back down to Earth in Feb, they'll lose some games but still maintain a very good record. They have a killer 6-game West Coast trip in March though. Games against PHX, GSW and an OKC team trying to make the cut in the West...

If The Thunder are still in the playoff race by then.

They haven't played the Suns yet, but they'll struggle with them. They struggle with young athletic teams that can move the ball and shoot.

Really the last two really impressive wins where against Toronto and Chicago. And those were 2 weeks ago.

They've basically done just enough to win since then.

Venti Quattro
02-01-2015, 12:55 AM
They haven't played the Suns yet, but they'll struggle with them. They struggle with young athletic teams that can move the ball and shoot.

That's why I always get killed when I use the Hawks in 2k. Realistic...

rocknblues81
02-01-2015, 01:02 AM
That's why I always get killed when I use the Hawks in 2k. Realistic...

Think about most the losses.... Lakers, Magic, Bucks and Toronto (twice).

I think those teams have some things in common.

I mean, the longer they keep this winning streak, the harder it will get. It's clear that teams (even the bad ones) have been playing at another level as this streak has continued. Everyone is coming at them as if it's a playoff game now. Even Minnesota and the Nets.

Venti Quattro
02-01-2015, 01:05 AM
Think about most the losses.... Lakers, Magic, Bucks and Toronto (twice).

Lol the Lakers shouldn't be included there. The Hawks were shit to start off the season and that's why they lost to the Lakers. But they've made amends ever since and I doubt they'd lose to the Lakers now.

daslicer
02-01-2015, 01:06 AM
I want the Hawks to break the record winstreak of 34 but its going to be really hard to do due to teams being more determined to beat them and also they are starting to play less efficient.

Venti Quattro
02-01-2015, 01:08 AM
I want the Hawks to break the record winstreak of 34 but its going to be really hard to do due to teams being more determined to beat them and also they are starting to play less efficient.

They won't. But these winning streaks of theirs maybe enough to catapult them into a 60-win season and home court throughout the playoffs. That's important for a team trying to prove something, like them.

~O~
02-01-2015, 01:46 AM
The Hawks have been streaking all season. It won't change any time soon. Even after a loss, they'll be right back. When you look at their schedule, they really won't lose if they bring forth the effort they do night in and out.

Once again, the Hawks are legit. I've seen them play and they grind it out as a team and don't rely on a premier scorer to get it done. Its all execution in crunch time.

When they lost to the Magic, it took the Magic's best game to beat them and their worst game to lose. They only lost by 1 point.

They

1L
1W
2L
4W
2L
2W
1L
9w
1L
5W
1L
19W

35-3 in the last 38. Enough said. Practically half the season.

Its takes the first 10 games to get into the flow of the season and to know what you're trying to accomplish consistently. Then its the grind of mid season effort from there on.

BatManu20
02-01-2015, 01:47 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8vWNDFCMAAwNoV.jpg

BatManu20
02-01-2015, 01:53 AM

/thread

~O~
02-01-2015, 02:19 AM
I don't see the logic in that seeing the Hawks are stacked with players with playoff experience. More so veteran experience.

Cleveland was a lottery team for the past 5 plus years. The Hawks also dominated Cleveland twice in the deeper into the season. I don't even see how Cleveland has anything to do with any of this since they didn't even make it to the playoffs last season and are a team ran by two players.

Cleveland's relevance is solely based by one person which is pretty sad. Kind of like that team in the south that has become a ghost.

The Cavs have won 10 straight..not as impressive as when the hawks have done for half a season.

The only thing the Hawks have to worry about when it comes to the Cavaliers in the playoffs is the officiating which lord knows will be god awful on their side.

The Bulls on the other hand are starting to collapse on themselves. The Raptors are on the quiet tear because no one ever notices them. The Wizards are hanging in there.

Honestly, if you believe a Wade less LeBron can win a championship, be my guest to follow that team as blindly as media psychologists and social psychologists strategically stuff it into your simple-minded head.

daslicer
02-01-2015, 02:31 AM
I don't see the logic in that seeing the Hawks are stacked with players with playoff experience. More so veteran experience.

Cleveland was a lottery team for the past 5 plus years. The Hawks also dominated Cleveland twice in the deeper into the season. I don't even see how Cleveland has anything to do with any of this since they didn't even make it to the playoffs last season and are a team ran by two players.

Cleveland's relevance is solely based by one person which is pretty sad. Kind of like that team in the south that has become a ghost.

The Cavs have won 10 straight..not as impressive as when the hawks have done for half a season.

The only thing the Hawks have to worry about when it comes to the Cavaliers in the playoffs is the officiating which lord knows will be god awful on their side.

I'm not sold on the Cavs either for the same reasons you have stated. The Cavs are pretty much a shaky team that hardly has any playoff experience outside of Lebron James. Kevin Love is an overrated stat padder that won't do anything against the Hawks. You take him out of the equation its basically Lebron and Kyrie vs Hawks. They could beat the Hawks but it would take monster games from both Lebron and Irving to do it.

Venti Quattro
02-01-2015, 02:35 AM

I agree. Hawks in 5 or 6, most likely.

DMC
02-01-2015, 02:52 AM

TMac was injured when the Rockets had their win streak. Also, those last two paragraphs are in conflict. If they are a hydra, how can they be killed by taking out Horford?

DMC
02-01-2015, 02:59 AM

The Bulls on the other hand are starting to collapse on themselves. The Raptors are on the quiet tear because no one ever notices them. The Wizards are hanging in there.

Honestly, if you believe a Wade less LeBron can win a championship, be my guest to follow that team as blindly as media psychologists and social psychologists strategically stuff it into your simple-minded head.

The difference between the teams you mentioned is coaching. The Wiz and Raps will commit low IQ mistakes in the playoffs that cost them the series. Someone will play hero ball and try to save them instead of sticking with the game plan, if there is one. We see it every year. Hero ball might win a game here and there, but it won't win a series. I don't see either the Wiz or the Raps making much noise in the playoffs. The Cavs might however, because Lebron has the ability to draw your best defender night in and night out, and still put up 30/10/8 on you. We've said it before but it bears repeating; Lebron is the difference between making the Finals and missing the playoffs for some teams. He gets a ton of shit here, but there's a reason he's been in 5 Finals already and a reason why the Heat went to suck town after he left.

~O~
02-01-2015, 04:26 AM
Its almost been a decade...actually, it has been a decade. I'm still hearing the same shit about LeBron.

He's regressed. He's not the player he use to be. Even at the end of the Miami stint. Cleveland retained him at the wrong time. LeBron is good enough to get you to the finals once by himself. Other than that, he's nothing without his Miami guys.

People really..really disrespect Wade and Bosh's compliments to that guy. Without them, he would have never won those championships and likewise for Bosh and Wade.

Mostly Wade because he was the sole reason LeBron won those titles. People forget how much of an impact player Wade is from his offensive game to his defensive game. He was sure grit. But all you heard down south was about how great LeBron was and it was always LeBron and the Miami take on _______. Never the other guys who were all-stars on their own. One thing is for sure that Wade will get you an acrobatic shot layup, impossible to block floater, bated foul on pump fake, and an occasional defensive block. Bosh wasn't the impact player Wade was. Most of all, the annoyances of that era were Shane Battier, Mike Millers and Ray Allen whom everyone has forgotten about their unreal shooting.

Most of all, they knew how to bait officials into making calls that they surely wouldn't get called for. Especially LeBron who the public relations has mastered at perception that he's a stand up guy and an over the top player.

Once again, this is my main point. Kyrie Irving doesn't possess what Wade did to put them over the top. Kevin Love? Shiieeeeet.....

The rotting Iman Shumpert and the terrible shot selection that is Jr Smith.

This is like that 8/10 ex girlfriend that you date because you see something in her that's not fucking there and will never be there because you hope it'll be there in the future. Its not gonna happen bro. lol

I don't think any NBA player does right now.

ambchang
02-01-2015, 07:47 AM
TMac was injured when the Rockets had their win streak. Also, those last two paragraphs are in conflict. If they are a hydra, how can they be killed by taking out Horford?

Tmac played in seven of those games, didn't he?

As as said earlier on, I meant offensively. My fault for being unclear.

DMC
02-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Its almost been a decade...actually, it has been a decade. I'm still hearing the same shit about LeBron.

He's regressed. He's not the player he use to be. Even at the end of the Miami stint. Cleveland retained him at the wrong time. LeBron is good enough to get you to the finals once by himself. Other than that, he's nothing without his Miami guys.

People really..really disrespect Wade and Bosh's compliments to that guy. Without them, he would have never won those championships and likewise for Bosh and Wade.

Mostly Wade because he was the sole reason LeBron won those titles. People forget how much of an impact player Wade is from his offensive game to his defensive game. He was sure grit. But all you heard down south was about how great LeBron was and it was always LeBron and the Miami take on _______. Never the other guys who were all-stars on their own. One thing is for sure that Wade will get you an acrobatic shot layup, impossible to block floater, bated foul on pump fake, and an occasional defensive block. Bosh wasn't the impact player Wade was. Most of all, the annoyances of that era were Shane Battier, Mike Millers and Ray Allen whom everyone has forgotten about their unreal shooting.

Most of all, they knew how to bait officials into making calls that they surely wouldn't get called for. Especially LeBron who the public relations has mastered at perception that he's a stand up guy and an over the top player.

Once again, this is my main point. Kyrie Irving doesn't possess what Wade did to put them over the top. Kevin Love? Shiieeeeet.....

The rotting Iman Shumpert and the terrible shot selection that is Jr Smith.

This is like that 8/10 ex girlfriend that you date because you see something in her that's not fucking there and will never be there because you hope it'll be there in the future. Its not gonna happen bro. lol

I don't think any NBA player does right now.

Lebron leaves Cleveland, they go from a 60 win team to a lottery team. Lebron leaves Miami, they go from a Finals contender to a bottom of the playoffs team. Lebron shows back up in Cleveland, they go from a 1st overall pick team to a contender.

Call it what you will, insert any other attribute to any other player all day long, but the success follows Lebron, not the others. Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving have never seen a playoff game. Wade and Bosh are still in Miami. Lebron is the lever.

Pelicans78
02-01-2015, 12:54 PM

No he wasn't . Yao was injured. TMac was the one leading them during their winning streak.

Pelicans78
02-01-2015, 12:55 PM
But the Hawks streak will end tomorrow.

02-01-2015, 01:36 PM
But the Hawks streak will end tomorrow.
Hawks by 11

02-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Lebron leaves Cleveland, they go from a 60 win team to a lottery team. Lebron leaves Miami, they go from a Finals contender to a bottom of the playoffs team. Lebron shows back up in Cleveland, they go from a 1st overall pick team to a contender.

Call it what you will, insert any other attribute to any other player all day long, but the success follows Lebron, not the others. Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving have never seen a playoff game. Wade and Bosh are still in Miami. Lebron is the lever.He definitely makes them a better team, but he does not make them a sure fire bet to win it all. There are a handful of teams that the Cavs can't beat in seven game series, but sure they can beat up on East teams and get a top 4 seed in the East. At the end of the day, they won't be good enough.

We've seen LeBron win in one system, and what that system requires (mobile stretch four to defend pnr /spread floor, and the personnel to play a trapping defense), he doesn't have in Cleveland.

DMC
02-01-2015, 05:40 PM
He definitely makes them a better team, but he does not make them a sure fire bet to win it all. There are a handful of teams that the Cavs can't beat in seven game series, but sure they can beat up on East teams and get a top 4 seed in the East. At the end of the day, they won't be good enough.

We've seen LeBron win in one system, and what that system requires (mobile stretch four to defend pnr /spread floor, and the personnel to play a trapping defense), he doesn't have in Cleveland.
Well no shit. Even MJ didn't make the Bulls a sure fire bet to win it all. The system exists on plenty other teams that don't win. It's not the system, it's the player.

DMC
02-01-2015, 05:41 PM
No he wasn't . Yao was injured. TMac was the one leading them during their winning streak.
Who's Yao?

Pelicans78
02-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Who's Yao?

Maybe we're talking about something different.

~O~
02-02-2015, 12:48 AM

Call it what you will, insert any other attribute to any other player all day long, but the success follows Lebron, not the others. Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving have never seen a playoff game. Wade and Bosh are still in Miami. Lebron is the lever.

You're damn right LeBron is the lever but that doesn't mean shit when he's doing it by himself. Lets not forget he took that overachieving shitty cavs team to the finals ONCE. ONCE. Thats it. Never again was it allowed to happen. Ever since then, he got to the finals four straight times with Wade, Bosh. Don't make it seem like they didn't matter cause they sure is hell did.

LeBron won't win it all in Cleveland bruh. Deal with it. The players that he left in Miami was the best supporting cast he's ever had and ever going to get. Lets not forget the road they had to get to the finals which was cupcake Eastern teams while the real post season was in the East. He took advantage of a weak east and took advantage of an opportunity to play with the leagues top 15 players and even former top performing all stars past their prime at that moment in time. I will never forget how they seemingly had to only get through a injury riddle Bulls and a mentally weak Indiana Pacers to get to the finals. A team that banked in shots in desperation to win their second title. That doesn't take away from their title but they were desperate that first title season. Then a matter of a bounce to win the second.

I want LeBron to come out west. I wish that ni**a would. He is not as scary of a player as the league makes him out to be with their overbearing propaganda and endorsements on him. Its all mental.

He had to have to likes of Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh to win those titles in a cupcake east. He is not gonna get shit by himself and without gritty players like Battier, Ray Allen, Dwayne Wade. Orlando and even Boston proved that once and other teams will prove it again.

--------

I doubt the Hawks care if people aren't giving them credit for record setting progress because they don't have any figurehead players on their team. This is probably one of their major goals in progress with their organization. No player above the team, a balanced attack/strategy, and avoidance of league hype. I was very interested in how the Hawks would finally get out of that trend of being stagnant the past couple of seasons and they've finally done it. After the playoffs last season which they barely got attention for because it was greatly overshadowed by the Western Conference playoffs, they have been the leagues biggest surprise. They've surpassed the Wizards and even Western Conference teams.

They are currently the best team in the NBA. Why the fuck do they not get credit? They need to have LeBron and be the best team in the NBA. Lmaoo

Jesus.........................Christ.

DMC
02-02-2015, 10:35 AM
You're damn right LeBron is the lever but that doesn't mean shit when he's doing it by himself. Lets not forget he took that overachieving shitty cavs team to the finals ONCE. ONCE. Thats it. Never again was it allowed to happen. Ever since then, he got to the finals four straight times with Wade, Bosh. Don't make it seem like they didn't matter cause they sure is hell did.

Vs how many times Bosh took his team to the Finals, or how many times Carmelo Anthony took his team, or Kevin Love. Even Wade needed Shaq to get there. It's not that his teammates didn't matter, but they sure as hell didn't matter in the 2014 Finals. The numbers don't lie. The success swings with Lebron, not with others. What other player has moved to another team and made them instant contenders? Shaq and Pau Gasol, KG, but of those three only Shaq saw a finals elsewhere.

LeBron won't win it all in Cleveland bruh. Deal with it. The players that he left in Miami was the best supporting cast he's ever had and ever going to get. Lets not forget the road they had to get to the finals which was cupcake Eastern teams while the real post season was in the East. He took advantage of a weak east and took advantage of an opportunity to play with the leagues top 15 players and even former top performing all stars past their prime at that moment in time. I will never forget how they seemingly had to only get through a injury riddle Bulls and a mentally weak Indiana Pacers to get to the finals. A team that banked in shots in desperation to win their second title. That doesn't take away from their title but they were desperate that first title season. Then a matter of a bounce to win the second.

Speculation... deal with it.. whatever. Every team that loses has a weakness that becomes obvious, but when that team wins, it's because the other teams are weak. You're not even talking basketball, just throwing out excuses. At the end of the season one team wins their last playoff game and that's that.

I want LeBron to come out west. I wish that ni**a would. He is not as scary of a player as the league makes him out to be with their overbearing propaganda and endorsements on him. Its all mental.

He's not scary at all. The Spurs crippled him and his legacy last year, but he's the difference maker on a team. There are 30 NBA teams. Half of them are in the East. Lebron's team came out 4 consecutive times and 5 times overall. After he left, the Cavs couldn't make the playoffs, got 1st overall picks over and over and still couldn't make the playoffs. Say what you will, but every person here would love to have Lebron on their team.

He had to have to likes of Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh to win those titles in a cupcake east. He is not gonna get shit by himself and without gritty players like Battier, Ray Allen, Dwayne Wade. Orlando and even Boston proved that once and other teams will prove it again.

What had Wade done since 2006? What had Bosh ever done? What had Lewis, a guy the Magic overpaid, done? Ray Allen needed to stack in Boston to win. NY was stacked and they got their shit pushed in and was on the retirement wagon. Every championship team has gritty players. Those gritty players didn't do shit anywhere else. So you're basically saying he needs teammates, that he cannot go out there and play 1 on 5 for 48 minutes. We agree.

I doubt the Hawks care if people aren't giving them credit for record setting progress because they don't have any figurehead players on their team. This is probably one of their major goals in progress with their organization. No player above the team, a balanced attack/strategy, and avoidance of league hype. I was very interested in how the Hawks would finally get out of that trend of being stagnant the past couple of seasons and they've finally done it. After the playoffs last season which they barely got attention for because it was greatly overshadowed by the Western Conference playoffs, they have been the leagues biggest surprise. They've surpassed the Wizards and even Western Conference teams.

They are currently the best team in the NBA. Why the fuck do they not get credit? They need to have LeBron and be the best team in the NBA. Lmaoo

Jesus.........................Christ.

They get credit. They just don't get coverage. That's how it goes. Kobe gets more coverage than Atlanta, and he's not even playing.

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Davis is back tonight. Streak ends tonight.

daslicer
02-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Davis is back tonight. Streak ends tonight.

The streak continues and the Pelicans get blown out.

Calispursfan11
02-02-2015, 03:21 PM
It's as good a day as any for the streak to end, tbh. if AD is beasting, there's a good chance it ends tonight.

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 03:28 PM

Hawks have been getting by the last few games. Pelicans won't coast tonight. I expect tons of points across the board against the Hawks defense.

Darth_Pelican
02-02-2015, 03:43 PM
I feel good about the game tonight. I think the streak ends.

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 03:56 PM
I feel good about the game tonight. I think the steak ends.

Me too. Pelicans usually play to the level of their opponents. Hawks are battling injuries as well and haven't played their best the last couple of games.

~O~
02-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Wow. I'm mentally exhausted to give an extended response. Agree to disagree. I'm done.

Anyway, props to ATL for being the best team in the league. I'll watch the game tonight.

Calispursfan11
02-02-2015, 08:41 PM
It may just end tonight.

Jacob1983
02-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Probably good for it to end now. The Hawks won't be distracted by it once they lose.

Calispursfan11
02-02-2015, 08:51 PM
Probably good for it to end now. The Hawks won't be distracted by it once they lose.

My thoughts pretty much exactly. If they lose, will be interesting to see how long it take for them to hit their stride again.

Darth_Pelican
02-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Hawks by 11

No

Darth_Pelican
02-02-2015, 10:07 PM

Ok

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 10:17 PM
This was easy to predict. Pelicans are hard to beat at home when they don't coast and the Hawks don't have enough defensively to keep up. Should have bet on this game.

DMC
02-02-2015, 10:26 PM
This was easy to predict. Pelicans are hard to beat at home when they don't coast and the Hawks don't have enough defensively to keep up. Should have bet on this game.
Too bad they don't play 82 games at home, otherwise they might squeak into the playoffs.

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Too bad they don't play 82 games at home, otherwise they might squeak into the playoffs.

Yeah they suck in on the road. That's because they're a bad defensive team.

rocknblues81
02-02-2015, 10:34 PM
The Hawks looked like a bunch of whipped bitches. They looked pathetic.

They should feel embarassed since the Pels are only 23-22.

But, they have been coming back down to earth in the last 5 games.

A 48 win team that overachieved for 2 months.

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 10:37 PM

26-22.

DMC
02-02-2015, 10:42 PM

See ya in 4 years!

spurraider21
02-02-2015, 10:43 PM
and just like last year, Tyreke Evans is thriving since becoming the team's point guard

rocknblues81
02-02-2015, 11:11 PM
See ya in 4 years!

Fact is.... I've seen this franchise go through the Koncak stuff, the bad drafts, the the first exits and poor ownership.

This a treadmill team just like it was before. They had a nice 2 month run.

Strange Love
02-02-2015, 11:13 PM

LOL

Hawksfan gets a taste of winning and he wants more. Be glad they built enough gap to not completely fall off the playoffs picture.

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 11:20 PM
and just like last year, Tyreke Evans is thriving since becoming the team's point guard

Its not gonna last long once Holiday is back. Hard to bench him or Gordon at this point, but Holiday was their 2nd best player before this injury.

Calispursfan11
02-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Timely thread OP. Timely thread.

Calispursfan11
02-03-2015, 12:20 AM
Unibrow is a top 3 player this year imo. He's a monster who can't be controlled. This is the problem Hawks are gonna run into, when someone like AD or Durant go apeshit on them. Anything can happen including a loss. I also think scrubs are going to be more scrublike come playoff time, reducing good players to average to shitty players (ie most of the hawk's team).

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/34/27/34/7436058/3/628x471.jpg

100%duncan
02-03-2015, 12:31 AM
Heroball doesn't work anymore :lol Wake me up when Davis has a team

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 12:46 AM
Heroball doesn't work anymore :lol Wake me up when Davis has a team

This is a superstar driven league.

Calispursfan11
02-03-2015, 12:57 AM

The only team I can think of that had consistent success and a championship without a true superstar were the Billups/Wallaces/Hamilton/Prince Pistons. Even the Spurs, although always unheralded had the big three (three of the best players and teammates ever to play the game) during most of their title runs. I can't really say the same for the Hawks. They are an excellent team but I wouldn't even equate one of those Hawk players to any of the big three during their primes. If the Hawks can be the Pistons, then ok, but unfortunately I don't think they are the defensive juggernaut that Pistons team was. I like the Hawks and would root for them over the rest of the douchebag East but the second half of the season is less certain now. This lost will test their mettle. We will find out a lot about who they are shortly.

100%duncan
02-03-2015, 01:16 AM

Yeah no one was really in superstar level for the Spurs last year. No one in the Hawks this year either.

ISOball is dead

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 01:20 AM
Yeah no one was really in superstar level for the Spurs last year. No one in the Hawks this year either.

ISOball is dead

You think the Hawks are beating Lebron in the playoffs? It's not happening.

Mr Bones
02-03-2015, 01:25 AM

Not last year during the finals.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 01:35 AM
Not last year during the finals.

2 years vs. the nearly the rest of NBA history.

I know which side that I'm putting my money on.

Mr Bones
02-03-2015, 01:38 AM
2 years vs. the nearly the rest of NBA history.

I know which side that I'm putting my money on.

You're an odd predicament. A Hawks fan who wants to argue against the success of the Hawks.

100%duncan
02-03-2015, 01:39 AM

Ok, not my problem.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 01:50 AM
You're an odd predicament. A Hawks fan who wants to argue against the success of the Hawks.

It was a nice string of luck/overachiving, but the playoffs seperates the men from the boys. Almost nobody will care about this regular season streak if the team goes out early in the playoffs.... Which is what most likely will happen.

The best big manon this team is Horford... Who is a soft player that shoots jump shots because he isn't tough enough to play inside.

apalisoc_9
02-03-2015, 01:53 AM
It was a nice string of luck/overachiving, but the playoffs seperates the men from the boys. Almost nobody will care about this regular season streak if the team goes out early in the playoffs.... Which is what most likely will happen.

The best big manon this team is Horford... Who is a soft player that shoots jump shots because he isn't tough enough to play inside.

Why does Horfod need to play inside? His role is clearly to play outside to free up Millsap..

I thought the Spurs already killed this old school mentality...Big man should be tough inside players blah blah blah..can't win without a superstar blah blah..

Calispursfan11
02-03-2015, 01:57 AM
Why does Horfod need to play inside? His role is clearly to play outside to free up Millsap..

I thought the Spurs already killed this old school mentality...Big man should be tough inside players blah blah blah..can't win without a superstar blah blah..

Have you noticed that Wilson and Parker look like practically the same dude. Now that's some food for thought right thurr.

Who is Horfod? I don't know who that is.

Mr Bones
02-03-2015, 01:57 AM

I still like the Hawks over anyone in the East, but I admit they will have a problem with a Cleveland team that starts playing together... they don't have an answer for LeBron in the same the Spurs did, throwing Kawhi/Green/Boris at him.

Calispursfan11
02-03-2015, 02:01 AM
I still like the Hawks over anyone in the East, but I admit they will have a problem with a Cleveland team that starts playing together... they don't have an answer for LeBron in the same the Spurs did, throwing Kawhi/Green/Boris at him.

Korver is one of their better defenders lol. Can you imagine Korver on Lebron for most of the game? That would be fun.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 02:05 AM
Korver is one of their better defenders lol. Can you imagine Korver on Lebron for most of the game? That would be fun.

To be fair, Korver plays hard on defense. Everyone has seen that photo where he cowers after getting dunked on. That wouldn't happen to him now.

He plays hard on that end, and he even blocks shots sometimes. Like he did against Hibbert in the playoffs last year.

Calispursfan11
02-03-2015, 02:07 AM
To be fair, Korver plays hard on defense. Everyone has seen that photo where he cowers after getting dunked on. That wouldn't happen to him now.

He plays hard on that end, and he even blocks shots sometimes. Like he did against Hibbert in the playoffs last year.

Just this year I noticed he gets a lot of blocks, probably because the Hawks are starting to get some airtime. I was like, WTF? Korver? Always thought he was a one dimensional player but I'm gonna give him some credit - like I said, one of your better defenders. Not as good as Whorford but pretty good nonetheless.

Mr Bones
02-03-2015, 02:07 AM
I agree-- Korver's effort on the defensive end is admirable. People who joke about Korver being nothing more than a shooter obviously haven't watched actual games.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 02:08 AM

A couple of exceptions does not change the rule.

Not only does Horf shoot a bunch of jumpers like a pussy, but he does not rebound either. Grabbing 5 or 6 rebounds a game is pathetic.

Calispursfan11
02-03-2015, 02:09 AM
Shit, now I wanna see a Lebron/Korver playoff matchup. As long as he does better than Craig Ehlo did on Jordan, it's a win for Korver, tbh.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 02:10 AM
Just this year I noticed he gets a lot of blocks, probably because the Hawks are starting to get some airtime. I was like, WTF? Korver? Always thought he was a one dimensional player but I'm gonna give him some credit - like I said, one of your better defenders. Not as good as Whorford but pretty good nonetheless.

4-5 boards and 3 assists per game are not terrible for the type of player Korver is.

Calispursfan11
02-03-2015, 02:11 AM
4-5 boards and 3 assists per game are not terrible for the type of player Korver is.

And with the historic 3 point shooting I thought he should have gotten onto the All-Star Roster. Hard to pick between the Hawks though since they are so balanced, so it was a tossup I guess.

apalisoc_9
02-03-2015, 02:17 AM
A couple of exceptions does not change the rule.

Not only does Horf shoot a bunch of jumpers like a pussy, but he does not rebound either. Grabbing 5 or 6 rebounds a game is pathetic.

The Hawks are clearly trying to make it a few exceptions..Outside of kawhi and Tim, none of the spurs actually rebound the ball specially the spread bigs like Diaw. Horfod might be soft, but he is exactly the spread player that fits perfectly in how Bud wants to play his offense...Plus a Spread player = Less rebounds..That's perfectly natural since it's not your job to grab offensive boards.

Again, he's clearly a spread big and those guys don't really rebound...

What exactly is wrong with his game again?

The spurs just beat the biggest superstar in the league, why would anyone not give the same formula a chance?

The organization is clearly sold on what they want to do, and the players fit perfectly..

Calispursfan11
02-03-2015, 02:22 AM
ARTICLE: HAWKS’ PARTY DOESN’T HAVE TO END WITH STREAK (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/02/02/hawks-party-doesnt-have-to-end-with-streak/)
February 2, 2015

By Fran Blinebury

The Hawks aren’t exactly the first bunch of visitors to leave town with a pounding in their heads after a stop in New Orleans.
But just because the rip-roaring, can-you-believe-it, franchise-record 19-game winning streak came crashing down 115-110 on Monday night, it doesn’t mean the party in Atlanta has to end.
Of the previous seven teams in NBA history to win at least 19 consecutive games in a single season, five went on to win a championship.
The first things first and the immediate challenge is not to suffer from a post-streak hangover. More times than not, it happens.
Here’s a look back at how the other streakers continued:
Lakers 1971- 1972 — 33 in a row.
The streak ended with a 120-104 at to the Bucks at Milwaukee on Jan. 9 The Lakers with Hall of FamersWilt Chamberlain, Jerry West and Gail Goodrich won just two of their next five games, but later had a pair of eight-game win streaks and closed out the regular season on a 10-1 run. Record: 69-13.
In the playoffs they beat the Bulls 4-0, Bucks 4-2 and the Knicks 4-1 in The Finals.
Champions.
Heat 2012-13 — 27 in a row.
The streak ended with a 101-97 loss at Chicago on March 27. The Heat with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh went just 2-2 in their next four games before closing out the regular season with an eight-game win streak. Record: 66-16.
In the playoffs they beat the Bucks 4-0, Bulls 4-1, Pacers 4-3 and Spurs 4-3 in The Finals.
Champions.
Rockets 2007-08 — 22 in a row.
The streak ended with a 94-74 loss at home to the Celtics on March 18. The Rockets with Tracy McGradyand Yao Ming (injured and lost for the season in Game 16) lost the next night at New Orleans and won just three of their next eight games. The Rockets lost two of three to end the regular season. Record: 55-27.
In the playoffs the (without Yao) they lost in the first round to the Jazz 4-2.
1970-71 Bucks — 20 in a row
The streak ended with a 110-103 loss in overtime at Chicago on March 9. The Bucks with Hall of FamersKareem Abdul-Jabbar and Oscar Robertson lost three straight games and finished the regular season just 1-5. Record: 66-16.
In the playoffs they beat the Warriors 4-1, Lakers 4-1 and Bullets 4-0 in The Finals.
Champions.
1999-2000 Lakers — 19 in a row.
The streak ended with a 109-102 loss at Washington on March 16. The Lakers with Shaquille O’Neal andKobe Bryant came right back to rip off another 11-game winning streak and closed out the regular season 14-3. Record: 67-15.
In the playoffs they beat the Kings 3-2, Suns 4-1, Trail Blazers 4-3 and Pacers 4-2 in The Finals.
Champions.
2008-09 Celtics — 19 in a row.
The streak ended with a 92-83 loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles on Dec. 25. The Celtics with Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen lost again the next night at Golden State. They lost seven of nine games immediately following the streak, but closed out the regular season on a 12-2 run. Record: 62-20.
In the playoffs they beat the Bulls 4-3 and lost to the Magic 4-3 in the second round.
2013-14 Spurs — 19 in a row.

The streak ended with a 106-94 loss at Oklahoma City on April 3. The Spurs with Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker went just 3-3 to close out the regular season. Record: 62-20.
In the playoffs they beat the Mavericks 4-3, Trail Blazers 4-1, Thunder 4-2 and Heat 4-1 in The Finals.
Champions.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/02/02/hawks-party-doesnt-have-to-end-with-streak/?ls=iref:nbahpt16a

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 02:35 AM
The Hawks are clearly trying to make it a few exceptions..Outside of kawhi and Tim, none of the spurs actually rebound the ball specially the spread bigs like Diaw. Horfod might be soft, but he is exactly the spread player that fits perfectly in how Bud wants to play his offense...Plus a Spread player = Less rebounds..That's perfectly natural since it's not your job to grab offensive boards.

Again, he's clearly a spread big and those guys don't really rebound...

What exactly is wrong with his game again?

The spurs just beat the biggest superstar in the league, why would anyone not give the same formula a chance?

The organization is clearly sold on what they want to do, and the players fit perfectly..

1.You have three HOF players. The Hawks have Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague.

Horford is not a center, Teague is a good PG in a league where most teams have a good PG and Millsap is a 3rd option on a contender.

2.This organization has never won anything. This team is plan B.... They went for Paul and Howard and so they believed that having star players was the best way to go. This is the team that Ferry had to settle on.

apalisoc_9
02-03-2015, 02:42 AM
1.You have three HOF players. The Hawks have Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague.

Horford is not a center, Teague is a good PG in a league where most teams have a good PG and Millsap is a 3rd option on a contender.

This organization has never won anything. This team is plan B.... They went for Paul and Howard and so they believed that having star players was the best way to go. This is the team that Ferry had to settle on.

These HOF have been way out of their primes in the last three years..:lol

Kawhi Leonard is already the best player in the team as evidenced by both Raw and Advanced stats..

At this point, Horford-Millsap-Teague is pretty darn close.

I don't think the Hawks cant beat the spurs because they don't have a dynamic winger, the most valuable position in a ball movement offense...But I wouldn't count the Hawks out..

02-03-2015, 02:48 AM
Is there an east team with a front court as good as the Pelicans? Debatable. The Hawks should still tear it up over in the cup cake East.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 02:51 AM
These HOF have been way out of their primes in the last three years..:lol

Kawhi Leonard is already the best player in the team as evidenced by both Raw and Advanced stats..

At this point, Horford-Millsap-Teague is pretty darn close.

I don't think the Hawks cant beat the spurs because they don't have a dynamic winger, the most valuable position in a ball movement offense...But I wouldn't count the Hawks out..

Last year was an exception.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 02:57 AM
The next 3 games are against Washington, Golden State and Memphis.

The Golden State game looked great a week ago, but it's now it's just another game. It could be 4 losses in a row.

apalisoc_9
02-03-2015, 02:59 AM
Two straight years and still thinks it's an exception..:lol

Teams trying to play like the spurs but still thinks it's an exception..

Sure the reality is that it's a LOT easier to run a superstar lead team, but the spurs implemented another way to do it and the Hawks are implementing the same thing..whether or not they succeed, doesn't really matter as most teams now are looking to implement the same system.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Two straight years and still thinks it's an exception..:lol

Teams trying to play like the spurs but still thinks it's an exception..

Sure the reality is that it's a LOT easier to run a superstar lead team, but the spurs implemented another way to do it and the Hawks are implementing the same thing..whether or not they succeed, doesn't really matter as most teams now are looking to implement the same system.

Like I said, a couple of years vs. basically the rest of NBA history.

apalisoc_9
02-03-2015, 03:09 AM
Like I said, a couple of years vs. basically the rest of NBA history.

More like the most recent vs Old school..

100%duncan
02-03-2015, 06:44 AM
This isn't Miami Lebron tbh. Sure Bron can go apeshit on the playoffs but he ain't getting the defense and the supporting cast that Miami provided.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 02:43 PM
This isn't Miami Lebron tbh. Sure Bron can go apeshit on the playoffs but he ain't getting the defense and the supporting cast that Miami provided.

Miami had no big man that could defend and rebound in Miami. He does have that now.

No big man made it easy for the Spurs in the finals last year.

However, like last night... When you have big men the perimeter defenders can guard the perimeter offensive players without having to worry about defending the paint. Plus, it becomes easier to clog passing lanes and such.

100%duncan
02-03-2015, 08:54 PM
Miami had no big man that could defend and rebound in Miami. He does have that now.

No big man made it easy for the Spurs in the finals last year.

However, like last night... When you have big men the perimeter defenders can guard the perimeter offensive players without having to worry about defending the paint. Plus, it becomes easier to clog passing lanes and such.

Are you really trying to compare the Heat's and Cleveland's defense? :lol

Cleveland had that but now he's injured for the season. Mozgov is still unproven and slow. Love is a traffic cone. Kyrie is a one way player. Lebron is on chill mode on defense.

No way can one argue otherwise even after considering big men defenders. Even Heat had a non liablity in Bosh and Andersen.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Are you really trying to compare the Heat's and Cleveland's defense? :lol

Cleveland had that but now he's injured for the season. Mozgov is still unproven and slow. Love is a traffic cone. Kyrie is a one way player. Lebron is on chill mode on defense.

No way can one argue otherwise even after considering big men defenders. Even Heat had a non liablity in Bosh and Andersen.

I'm saying Cleveland has someone that can block shots and rebound. Lebron did not have that in Miami. Plus, Tristin Thompson gives them athleticism and rebounding off the bench.

The Hawks have nothing off the bench in terms of athletic or rebounding ability. I'm sorry, but you need to be able to rebound in the playoffs when you don't have great players. Games tighten up, scoring goes down and every possession becomes more important.

Lebron has been to the finals and won titles... All Teague, Horford and Millsap have is an all star appearance.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2015, 09:00 PM

I could see it happening. It'll be like the Finals last year... LeBron going Cleveland Mode, but it isn't enough because all the fake stars and scrubs around him pull a vanishing act.

100%duncan
02-03-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm saying Cleveland has someone that can block shots and rebound. Lebron did not have that in Miami.

And Im saying that that guy is Mozgov and that the Heat were actually a good sometimes elite defensive team overall.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 09:08 PM
And Im saying that that guy is Mozgov and that the Heat were actually a good sometimes elite defensive team overall.

It's easier to look like a great defensive team when you can slow the game down and control the tempo.

Bosh is not a good defensive player. They had no real center at all and they were the worst rebounding team in the NBA basically. Their weaknesses finally caught up to them.

Spurs ball won a title last year, but it also nearly got knocked out in the first round and it didn't win the several years before that. Meanwhile, Lebron has went to 4 straight finals.

100%duncan
02-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Ok, put the Spurs in the east and they do the same.

rocknblues81
02-03-2015, 09:14 PM
I heard people saying the same thing after Detroit took out The Lakers.

"Oh, it's a new game! No more super teams!"

Sorry, I need more proof.

Calispursfan11
02-04-2015, 10:32 PM
The ATL with an impressive bounceback. Perhaps my prediction was wrong.

rocknblues81
02-05-2015, 10:18 PM
The ATL with an impressive bounceback. Perhaps my prediction was wrong.

Charlotte just beat Washington. Washington is not that good.

rogues
02-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Charlotte just beat Washington. Washington is not that good.
:lol Cute little Hawk fan here, tbh..who the fuck are you and where did you come from?..

rocknblues81
02-06-2015, 03:15 AM
:lol Cute little Hawk fan here, tbh..who the fuck are you and where did you come from?..

Nothing for you to worry about.

Calispursfan11
02-06-2015, 07:45 AM

Didn't you just announce your retirement from spurstalk drama queen? :lmao

rogues
02-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Nothing for you to worry about.
Faggot

rocknblues81
02-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Faggot

Your girlfriend does not agree.

Oh, and if you're so intent on finding out more about me... Just ask her.:smokin

Venti Quattro
02-06-2015, 10:47 PM
rocknblues81 maybe you kind of need to put a little more faith in your Hawks tbh

02-06-2015, 11:04 PM
rocknblues81 maybe you kind of need to put a little more faith in your Hawks tbh

lefty
05-22-2015, 09:57 PM

My nuggah

Hawks won 12 straight against west

I can see why you are a Parker fan

Yup

Cleveland's defense needs to improve even more if they plan on beating the Hawks in a playoff series imho. Lebron will be beasting again by then but he can't do it alone anymore. The other two of the Cavs big three are not what Wade and Bosh were tbh.
:lmao he doesnt really need them tbh

Don't underestimate a team that moves the ball and has solid role guys, top notch outside shooters and a coach.
phaggot

well....

:lol

:lol

Venti Quattro
05-22-2015, 10:07 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao Venti Quattro

rocknblues81
05-23-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm saying Cleveland has someone that can block shots and rebound. Lebron did not have that in Miami. Plus, Tristin Thompson gives them athleticism and rebounding off the bench.

The Hawks have nothing off the bench in terms of athletic or rebounding ability. I'm sorry, but you need to be able to rebound in the playoffs when you don't have great players. Games tighten up, scoring goes down and every possession becomes more important.

Lebron has been to the finals and won titles... All Teague, Horford and Millsap have is an all star appearance.

rocknblues81 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=45200) maybe you kind of need to put a little more faith in your Hawks tbh

I stand by what I said months ago.

Stevie Johnson
05-23-2015, 12:44 AM
I stand by what I said months ago.
LOL remember when our regular season game was lauded as a potential finals preview? I laughed at that because they included the Hawks. All season long everyone knew they were flawed.